Tapology Forums

The Lucky Bastard Game

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,304  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,311
  • Post Score: 285

08.26.2022 | 6:29 AM ET

WHAT IS IT?

In short, it works similar to the Tapology Survivor game in the sense that it continues every week until there's a winner (or in some cases in this game no winner) but instead of picking your fighters, get assigned a random fighter from the upcoming UFC card and hope they win. 

FORMAT:

1) To enter, simply say that you want to enter at the start of a new game. The length of the games depend entirely on how long it takes to either find a winner or eliminate everyone.

2) Then, you will randomly be assigned a fighter from the upcoming UFC card. This will be decided by me using this site I found wheeldecide.com and putting all the fighters names on a wheel and going through the list of players one by one and spinning the wheel to decide which fighter they get. I'll make a very low quality video of the draw and post it here to show I'm not deliberately messing with anyone in particular. It might mean that some people end up with the same fighter but that doesn't affect the game as it's more of an everybody fighting for themselves kinda game rather than a head to head game.

3) If your randomly assigned fighter wins their fight then you're through to the next round. If their fight get cancelled or postponed then I'll count it as a loss as it would be considered unlucky. Draws and no contests will also count as losses for the same reason. This happens every week until there is only one left and they will be the winner. In a unique twist to make the game as stupid as possible, if everyone eventually goes out, then nobody wins the game and the game will be marked in the record books as "nobody ******* won" or something like that. For example, if there are 2 or 3 people left and they all have losing fighters then nobody wins the game. I feel this also adds weight to the game as you have to be REALLY lucky to be a winner as you literally have to be luckier than every other competitor to be the only one left standing!

WHAT DOES THE WINNER GET?

A place on the list of winners that will be displayed on the opening post of every new game and their current AV put on the new game poster (see below) in the middle of the horseshow so they effectively become the poster boy/girl/other for the new game!

Any questions, just ask! And remember, please don't take this game too seriously! I mean, it's practically a satire of the Survivor Game when you think about it lol!

For the sake of record keeping and historical intrigue, here's the link to the Tapology Lucky Bastard Game: 1st Edition that was on a separate thread: https://www.tapology.com/forum/threads/68098

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

Responses Page 26

mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,476  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,786
  • Post Score: 180

03.25.2023 | 11:16 AM ET

UFC 286.1 Lucky Bastard viewing guide

After 2 probably exciting FLW fights we have a reason to pay attention to the most likely very boring 3rd fight at WW: Kkkomboo has Trevin Giles. 

Then in the 4th, even though I'm a big fan of Steven Peterson, I know better than to go against the wheel favorite PiggyBank and his tagalong team partner kushycake who have Lucas Alexander. 

After a FW banger, in the 6th fight we'll find Schwerindustrie praying for Albert Duraev to remember he's a wrestler vs. Chidi.

After 2 more FLW fights I get to hold my breath and see if Nate Landwehr can survive Austin Lingo's early blitz

Then after our community nap thanks to Holm/Santos, while the rest of us grab some popcorn and enjoy violence, Nuggetheel gets to most likely set the world record for breathholding and sweating out Texas judging to see if Cory Sandhagen gets the nod over Chito. 

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

BoomShakaLaka
BoomShakaLaka
  • Predictions:  19,634  |  65.9%
  • Forum Posts:  373
  • Post Score: 243

03.25.2023 | 10:55 PM ET

@The Wheel what happened this week?!
Cheeseball
Cheeseball
  • Predictions:  13,293  |  71.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,944
  • Post Score: 247

03.25.2023 | 11:03 PM ET

0% elimination rate lol. 

"🌽⚽️"

Kkkomboo
Kkkomboo
  • Predictions:  726  |  67.4%
  • Forum Posts:  597
  • Post Score: 126

03.26.2023 | 4:57 AM ET

Wow

"It's never too late to develop your critical thinking capacities"

Foghorn Sam
Foghorn Sam
  • Predictions:  9,894  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  522
  • Post Score: 314

03.26.2023 | 8:51 AM ET

All around mercy from the wheel, what awkwardness.
CangrejoRuiz
CangrejoRuiz
  • Predictions:  15,415  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  804
  • Post Score: 185

03.26.2023 | 10:15 AM ET

It´s probably just getting ready to hit even harder

"I was involved in a robbery with Mike Beltran"

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

03.26.2023 | 6:09 PM ET

Through To The 4th Round...

Well, well, well! It seems the wheel's gone soft! 6 entered round 3 and all 6 answer the bell for the 4th! The remaining lucky bastards are:

• Kkkomboo
  • kushycake
  • mulefloyd
  • Nuggetheel
  • PiggyBank
  • Schwerindustrie

Good luck again you 6!

The Wheel
The Wheel
  • Predictions:  653  |  53.1%
  • Forum Posts:  87
  • Post Score: 321

03.26.2023 | 6:23 PM ET

I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me! I'll knock you all out in 2 weeks, I promise!

In a round about way, I did give you guys a sneaky 6 legged parlay if anyone had the foresight to bet it!

"All my picks are randomly made by The Wheel. If your pick % is lower than mine then your predictions are worse than random guesses"

PiggyBank
PiggyBank
  • Predictions:  1,204  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  715
  • Post Score: 256

03.28.2023 | 8:49 PM ET

funny how  me and kushcake got same fighters two times in a row and both were underdogs(?) and still got forward. 

"i "Pick ⛏ Up Truck" all the events on Tapology ! | empty walls of Tapology.... | I don't give a flying F16... | keep ****posting about me... | Get Your Mind Out Of The Gutter... | L☻L | @TARTARABLESS | just let me know... !?"

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

04.07.2023 | 8:23 PM ET

4th Round Draw

After 2 long weeks, here is the 4th round draw! I highly doubt you'll all survive again this week!

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

04.07.2023 | 8:28 PM ET

For those who can't/don't want to watch the video, the matchups are:

• Kkkomboo - Adrian Yanez
  • kushycake - Raul Rosas Jr.
  • mulefloyd - Raul Rosas Jr.
  • Nuggetheel - Santiago Ponzinibbio
  • PiggyBank - Jorge Masvidal
  • Schwerindustrie - Israel Adesanya

Good luck again you 6! 

The Wheel
The Wheel
  • Predictions:  653  |  53.1%
  • Forum Posts:  87
  • Post Score: 321

04.07.2023 | 8:38 PM ET

Wheely Random Picks!

"All my picks are randomly made by The Wheel. If your pick % is lower than mine then your predictions are worse than random guesses"

PiggyBank
PiggyBank
  • Predictions:  1,204  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  715
  • Post Score: 256

04.07.2023 | 9:29 PM ET

if jorge wins this one i'll have to start using fighters wheel choses for me as betting assistant and pay sum to wheelie too.

"i "Pick ⛏ Up Truck" all the events on Tapology ! | empty walls of Tapology.... | I don't give a flying F16... | keep ****posting about me... | Get Your Mind Out Of The Gutter... | L☻L | @TARTARABLESS | just let me know... !?"

Foghorn Sam
Foghorn Sam

04.07.2023 | 9:56 PM ET

Eh, maybe Holland has too much Masvidal on the brain coming into this fight, maybe, just maybe.
mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,476  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,786
  • Post Score: 180

04.08.2023 | 12:33 PM ET

Lucky Bastard Viewing Guide for UFC 287

Well the wheel made this real easy; everybody can snooze through both sets of prelims because all 6 picks are from the PPV card: 

First up kushycake and I need the hype to be real for 18 year old Raul Rosas Jr. 

In the 2nd fight Nuggetheel needs Santiago Ponzinibbio to upset Big Mouth

Kkkomboo has favorite Adrian Yanez in the 3rd fight

If Masvidal actually pulls this off for PiggyBank then I will consider it unequivocal proof that the wheel has mystic abilities

and in the main event Schwerindustrie needs Adesanya to buck history and set up the trilogy fight

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

Foghorn Sam
Foghorn Sam

04.09.2023 | 12:57 AM ET

And just like that. 6 turns to 1. That Wheel went into savage mode. Congratulations to Schwerindustrie
BoomShakaLaka
BoomShakaLaka
  • Predictions:  19,634  |  65.9%
  • Forum Posts:  373
  • Post Score: 243

04.09.2023 | 1:33 AM ET

We all made the wheel mad seems like. Wow.

Bellatrix
Bellatrix
  • Predictions:  2,979  |  66.7%
  • Forum Posts:  872
  • Post Score: 326

04.09.2023 | 2:03 AM ET

Schwerindustrie is one lucky bastard! : )

"While I Have Breath, I Have Hope."

kushycake
kushycake
  • Predictions:  4,571  |  70.8%
  • Forum Posts:  938
  • Post Score: 386

04.09.2023 | 3:03 AM ET

Whoop, this was unexpected. 

* Edited at 04.09.2023, 3:03 AM ET *

Schwerindustrie
Schwerindustrie
  • Predictions:  3,004  |  65.7%
  • Forum Posts:  265
  • Post Score: 349

04.09.2023 | 6:25 AM ET

That was unexpected 

"Poor people have it. Rich people need it. If you eat it, you die."

Page 26

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : UFC veterans in MMA, boxing and bareknuckle action April 25-27
  • MMAFighting.com : Roundtable: Is BKFC Mike Perry one of the 10 biggest draws in combat sports?
  • MMA Mania : ‘Let’s Go, Colby!’
  • MMA Junkie : PFL MENA 1 lineup announced
  • Bad Left Hook : Predictions: Will Jose Ramirez and Vergil Ortiz Jr shine on Saturday?
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301 Almost Had ‘Scarface’ Vs. ‘Dominator’
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Zubaira Tukhugov reveals Khabib Nurmagomedov was ‘going to rip contract up’ if he didn’t fight at UFC 242
  • MMA Mania : Meet PFL’s Latest Flyweight Signing, Melissa Balic!
  • Jits Magazine : Elijah Dorsey To Challenge Max Hanson For Welterweight Title At Enigma Invitational 15
  • Jits Magazine : ADXC 4: Abdul-Kareem Al Sewady And Amin Youb Join The Main Card In A Welterweight Bout
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Buckley Lands UFC St. Louis Co-Main Vs. Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 Odds, Under Dogs And Best Bets!
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Just continue being the best’: Crawford looks forward to upcoming title fight with Madrimov
  • MMA Mania : Doumbe Gets New Opponent For Bellator Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Terence Crawford vs. Israil Madrimov official; Isaac Cruz, Andy Ruiz Jr. on undercard
  • Middle Easy : Chris Weidman Compares Alex Pereira’s Wrestling To Ben Askren’s Striking: ‘Such A Deficiency’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Step In The Fire With Pereira And He Knows That’
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau done with Manel Kape bookings, focused on title shot after UFC on ESPN 55 headliner
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight card: Perry vs. Alves
  • Middle Easy : ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone Tears Bicep ‘Off the Bone’ While Preparing to Ride Dana White’s Prized Bull