Tapology Forums

The Lucky Bastard Game

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,211  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,308
  • Post Score: 285

08.26.2022 | 6:29 AM ET

WHAT IS IT?

In short, it works similar to the Tapology Survivor game in the sense that it continues every week until there's a winner (or in some cases in this game no winner) but instead of picking your fighters, get assigned a random fighter from the upcoming UFC card and hope they win. 

FORMAT:

1) To enter, simply say that you want to enter at the start of a new game. The length of the games depend entirely on how long it takes to either find a winner or eliminate everyone.

2) Then, you will randomly be assigned a fighter from the upcoming UFC card. This will be decided by me using this site I found wheeldecide.com and putting all the fighters names on a wheel and going through the list of players one by one and spinning the wheel to decide which fighter they get. I'll make a very low quality video of the draw and post it here to show I'm not deliberately messing with anyone in particular. It might mean that some people end up with the same fighter but that doesn't affect the game as it's more of an everybody fighting for themselves kinda game rather than a head to head game.

3) If your randomly assigned fighter wins their fight then you're through to the next round. If their fight get cancelled or postponed then I'll count it as a loss as it would be considered unlucky. Draws and no contests will also count as losses for the same reason. This happens every week until there is only one left and they will be the winner. In a unique twist to make the game as stupid as possible, if everyone eventually goes out, then nobody wins the game and the game will be marked in the record books as "nobody ******* won" or something like that. For example, if there are 2 or 3 people left and they all have losing fighters then nobody wins the game. I feel this also adds weight to the game as you have to be REALLY lucky to be a winner as you literally have to be luckier than every other competitor to be the only one left standing!

WHAT DOES THE WINNER GET?

A place on the list of winners that will be displayed on the opening post of every new game and their current AV put on the new game poster (see below) in the middle of the horseshow so they effectively become the poster boy/girl/other for the new game!

Any questions, just ask! And remember, please don't take this game too seriously! I mean, it's practically a satire of the Survivor Game when you think about it lol!

For the sake of record keeping and historical intrigue, here's the link to the Tapology Lucky Bastard Game: 1st Edition that was on a separate thread: https://www.tapology.com/forum/threads/68098

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

Responses Page 21

Kkkomboo
Kkkomboo
  • Predictions:  723  |  67.4%
  • Forum Posts:  597
  • Post Score: 126

02.24.2023 | 10:12 PM ET

Stephen, I think you've confused Levitt with Jared Gordon

"It's never too late to develop your critical thinking capacities"

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

02.25.2023 | 2:39 PM ET

@Kkkomboo

Yeah, not sure how I managed that lol! That's what happens when I try to make an MMA video on the fly at 1:30 in the morning. I should probably make notes before rather than just trying to recall **** off the top of my head but I'm too lazy for that lol! 

Kkkomboo
Kkkomboo

02.25.2023 | 7:44 PM ET

The final is coming already haha! Wastelandwanderer vs Cheeseball, if Suarez still good

Kkkomboo
Kkkomboo

02.25.2023 | 7:56 PM ET

Yessss, she is! 

Kkkomboo
Kkkomboo

02.25.2023 | 7:57 PM ET

Oh wait, Ode Osborne won too. My bad

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

02.25.2023 | 8:06 PM ET

Through to the 3nd round.....

8 entered the 2nd round. Only 3 answered the bell for the 3rd! The remaining lucky bastards are:

• Cheeseball
  • PiggyBank
  • WastelandWanderer

Just to remind everyone that because the main event got cancelled, both me (Nikita Krylov) and @TARTARA (Ryan Spann) are also eliminated.

* Edited at 02.25.2023, 8:06 PM ET *

BoomShakaLaka
BoomShakaLaka
  • Predictions:  19,548  |  65.8%
  • Forum Posts:  373
  • Post Score: 243

02.27.2023 | 4:14 AM ET

Wheel, you're having too much fun lately. From winning the last edition to eliminating 14 out of 17 people in just two rounds...you have no mercy! 
The Wheel
The Wheel
  • Predictions:  653  |  53.1%
  • Forum Posts:  87
  • Post Score: 321

02.27.2023 | 8:05 PM ET

@BoomShakaLaka

I won't be satisfied until the last 3 are gone! This ends this week! Mark my words, 3rd round knockout incoming!

"All my picks are randomly made by The Wheel. If your pick % is lower than mine then your predictions are worse than random guesses"

PiggyBank
PiggyBank
  • Predictions:  1,192  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  715
  • Post Score: 255

02.27.2023 | 8:09 PM ET

piglet winning this one for 3rd time incoming.

"i "Pick ⛏ Up Truck" all the events on Tapology ! | empty walls of Tapology.... | I don't give a flying F16... | keep ****posting about me... | Get Your Mind Out Of The Gutter... | L☻L | @TARTARABLESS | just let me know... !?"

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

03.03.2023 | 8:59 PM ET

3rd Round Draw

Here's the draw for the 3rd round!

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

03.03.2023 | 9:01 PM ET

For those who can't/don't want to watch the video, the matchups are:

• Cheeseball - Esteban Ribovics
  • PiggyBank - Farid Basharat 
  • WastelandWanderer - Kenan Song

Good luck you three!

The Wheel
The Wheel
  • Predictions:  653  |  53.1%
  • Forum Posts:  87
  • Post Score: 321

03.03.2023 | 9:27 PM ET

Wheely Random Picks!

"All my picks are randomly made by The Wheel. If your pick % is lower than mine then your predictions are worse than random guesses"

PiggyBank
PiggyBank

03.03.2023 | 9:43 PM ET

told y'all

"i "Pick ⛏ Up Truck" all the events on Tapology ! | empty walls of Tapology.... | I don't give a flying F16... | keep ****posting about me... | Get Your Mind Out Of The Gutter... | L☻L | @TARTARABLESS | just let me know... !?"

Kkkomboo
Kkkomboo

03.04.2023 | 2:48 PM ET

I'm not so confident in this Basharat

* Edited at 03.04.2023, 2:49 PM ET *

CangrejoRuiz
CangrejoRuiz
  • Predictions:  15,280  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  802
  • Post Score: 184

03.04.2023 | 3:04 PM ET

Damon is a dog

"I was involved in a robbery with Mike Beltran"

PiggyBank
PiggyBank

03.04.2023 | 3:09 PM ET

u'll see. i am confident in this one.

there's 7 fighters on the card with perfect pro record(counting jones in this one too) makes it half of the card. 1 or 2 are going to lose their streaks tonight, trust me. and yeah, i think esteban is one of them.

Cheeseball
Cheeseball
  • Predictions:  13,293  |  71.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,943
  • Post Score: 247

03.04.2023 | 5:55 PM ET

Pain…. Good luck to the last two, go take out that tyrannical wheel!

"🌽⚽️"

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

03.04.2023 | 7:47 PM ET

Ladies and gentlemen, after 3 rounds, we have a winner!

17 becomes 1! Congratulations to @PiggyBank for winning The Lucky Bastard Game: 6th Edition! This is now the 3rd time you have won this game, you should seriously start buying lottery tickets! Your name will be added to the list of winners on @The Wheel'sprofile page shortly and have the honour of being the poster boy for The Lucky Bastard Game: 7th Edition!

The Lucky Bastard Game: 7th Edition is now open for new entries! Anyone who wants to join, just reply in this thread that you want in! It will start with the UFC Fight Night: Yan VS Dvalishvili card!

* Edited at 03.04.2023, 7:47 PM ET *

Cheeseball
Cheeseball
  • Predictions:  13,293  |  71.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,943
  • Post Score: 247

03.04.2023 | 7:55 PM ET

Shoutouts to the unofficial LBG champ Tartara.

"🌽⚽️"

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

03.04.2023 | 8:13 PM ET

@Cheeseball

Yeah, I felt kinda awkward making the poster lol! I don't mean any disrespect to @TARTARA but the main prize for winning this is getting your AV on the new game's poster and that's what @PiggyBank has as his AV at the time of winning. 

Page 21

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Ryan Garcia has skill set to compete with Devin Haney. Does he have mindset?
  • MMAFighting.com : Max Holloway mocks Ilia Topuria’s demands for potential fight; Topuria responds
  • MMA Junkie : Henry Cejudo: Bo Nickal needs to hold his horses, 'maybe 10 fights away from possibly becoming UFC champion'
  • MMA Mania : Frenemies? ‘I Hate To See A Fighter Lose His Confidence’
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 3 weigh-in results: Welterweights, featherweights set in Chicago
  • MMA Mania : ‘When I Was Your Age, I Already Had Title Defenses, Buddy’
  • MMAFighting.com : Haney vs. Garcia fight card
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Belal Muhammad Claims He ‘Hates Leon Edwards’ Guts,’ Hopes To Dethrone The Welterweight King In Manchester
  • Middle Easy : Jorge Masvidal Says He’s ‘Definitely’ Returning To UFC, Wants Logan Paul Or Floyd Mayweather Jr In Boxing After Nate Diaz
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Suggests Herb Dean Played a Part in Jamahal Hill’s UFC 300 Loss, ‘Big’ John McCarthy Responds
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway responds to the 'un-BMF' demands from UFC champ Ilia Topuria
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Eddie Hearn says things about to get real for Ryan Garcia
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Hearn says things about to get real for Garcia
  • MMA Mania : PFL Chicago Weigh Ins Results, Staredowns!
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Relive every win of Conor McGregor’s epic UFC career
  • MMA Junkie : Sean Strickland vs. Paulo Costa: Odds and what to know ahead of UFC 302 co-headliner
  • MMA Mania : No Foul Play! ‘The Cutman Used A Boxing Technique’
  • MMAFighting.com : PFL 3 weigh-in video
  • MMAFighting.com : PFL 3 weigh-in video, results
  • MMA Junkie : PFL Chicago fight week vlog 3: Fighters explore the city ahead of fight night