Topic: UFC 283

UFC 283: Teixeira vs. Hill

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  32,996
  • Post Score: 47

08.10.2022 | 3:08 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC 283
  • Saturday 01.21.2023 at 05:30 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: ABC
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: Jeunesse Arena
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Paul Felder, Daniel Cormier
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Daniel Cormier
  • Attendance: 13,604
  • PPV Buys / Buyrate: N/A | TV Ratings: 756,000 avg. viewers (ABC prelims)
  • MMA Bouts: 15
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Jamahal Hill   defeats   Glover Teixeira   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Brandon Moreno   defeats   Deiveson Figueiredo   via KO/TKO, Doctor Stoppage (eye Injury)   5:00 Round 3 of 5, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Gilbert Burns   defeats   Neil Magny   via Submission, Arm Triangle Choke   4:15 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Jéssica Andrade   defeats   Lauren Murphy   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Johnny Walker   defeats   Paul Craig   via KO/TKO, Right Cross to Hammerfists   2:16 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Ihor Potieria   defeats   Maurício Rua   via KO/TKO, Hooks to Ground Strikes   4:05 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Brunno Ferreira   defeats   Gregory Rodrigues   via KO/TKO, Counter Left   4:13 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Thiago Moisés   defeats   Melquizael Costa   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   4:05 Round 2 of 3, 9:05 Total Bout Page
Gabriel Bonfim   defeats   Mounir Lazzez   via Submission, Mounted Guillotine Choke   0:49 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Jailton Almeida   defeats   Shamil Abdurakhimov   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   2:56 Round 2 of 3, 7:56 Total Bout Page
Cody Stamann   defeats   Luan Lacerda   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Ismael Bonfim   defeats   Terrance McKinney   via KO/TKO, Flying Knee   2:17 Round 2 of 3, 7:17 Total Bout Page
Nicolas Dalby   defeats   Warlley Alves   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Josiane Nunes   defeats   Zarah Fairn   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Daniel Marcos   defeats   Saimon Oliveira   via KO/TKO, Knees to the Body   2:18 Round 2 of 3, 7:18 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 55

Noxx
Noxx
  • Predictions:  954  |  62.1%
  • Forum Posts:  3,038
  • Post Score: 159

01.21.2023 | 3:14 PM ET

Predictions: 12 of 15 Winners, 3 Perfect, 745 Points   |   Tied for 916th

AyyLmaonnaise  I know. I saw that interview as well. But Shogun is so tough man. I totally understand why most people think Potieria will win this and he actually should. But I'm not confident to pick either in this fight. Potieria has so many flaws and Shogun has that dog in him. So I'm picking him based on that, but also just based on Potieria's flaws. 

"Learning is a gift, even when pain is your teacher"

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  15,948  |  67.4%
  • Forum Posts:  32,049
  • Post Score: 88

01.21.2023 | 3:15 PM ET

Predictions: 12 of 15 Winners, 3 Perfect, 785 Points   |   Tied for 517th

@javerys of course bro, love hearing your insight too. Thankfully we will have an answer for this fight right away🤣🤣

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

parlaybucks
parlaybucks
  • Predictions:  403  |  65.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10
  • Post Score: 90

01.21.2023 | 3:16 PM ET

Daniel Marcos

im not sure if you guys know what *Cappers Free*( on telegram) is but apparently someone inside of Marcos camp said he'd been struggling this training camp. I seen he was working his strength and conditioning with the same people Gilbert Burns did for his Chimaev fight so im not gonna really take this guys word for it, the training videos Burns had are intense and if Marcos did the same i think he should beat Saimon. Only reason i was hesitant was cause of Marcos gas tank not looking amazing in his last fight and i seen soooo many people saying his TDD is amazing cause he stuffed alot of takedowns in his contender series. Are you kidding me? LOL  Brandon Lewis was fighting with legit 1 leg. Do you know how hard it is to take someone down when your leg is dead? lol. For this fight im taking it to not go the distance. Daniel Marcos boxing is cleannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!! he excites me.
Javerys22
Javerys22
  • Predictions:  389  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  490
  • Post Score: 66

01.21.2023 | 3:19 PM ET

Predictions: 11 of 15 Winners, 3 Perfect, 715 Points   |   Tied for 1310th

Don't think so. Hell gas and get TKO'd before a decision I feel. 

" “Failure is only the opportunity to begin again. Only this time, more wisely.” – Uncle Iroh"

gliese58i
gliese58i
  • Predictions:  1,386  |  65.2%
  • Forum Posts:  10,330
  • Post Score: 129

01.21.2023 | 3:20 PM ET

Predictions: 10 of 15 Winners, 6 Perfect, 740 Points   |   Tied for 1054th

I put in some small prop bets. I'm not the best with props but I'm trying different methods to see what works. The current experiment is finding bets that the market thinks are unlikely but that statistically is way better lines than the average for the gender/weight class.

McKinney fight round 2 starts,+125
McKinney fight over 1.5, +195
Nunes Fairn over 1.5, -118
Nunes Fairn FGTD, +175

"She’ll go there and smash her. She’ll get a title shot, become a UFC champion. We have a Ronda Rousey on steroids. This is what we have.” - Ali Abdelaziz on Kayla Harrison

Javerys22
Javerys22

01.21.2023 | 3:20 PM ET

@ayy yeah real thankful this is the first fight on the card haha

" “Failure is only the opportunity to begin again. Only this time, more wisely.” – Uncle Iroh"

Noxx
Noxx

01.21.2023 | 3:23 PM ET

How confident are you guys that McKinney can finish Bomfin in round 1? I'm asking, because I think McKinney has a serious problem if he's not able to do this because we've all seen how his explosive first rounds costs him. I personally think Bonfim has a chance of winning this if he can get through the first round. Thoughts?

KyleH
KyleH
  • Predictions:  10,211  |  71.1%
  • Forum Posts:  6,529
  • Post Score: 196

01.21.2023 | 3:25 PM ET

Predictions: 11 of 15 Winners, 5 Perfect, 775 Points   |   Tied for 644th

I keep flip flopping between ismael Bonfim decision and McKinney Knockout

"There's 3 things in life that excite me. A woman, of course. Dinosaurs, and the violence of the Octagon" - GSP

Mantis xX
Mantis xX
  • Predictions:  1,676  |  58.4%
  • Forum Posts:  150
  • Post Score: -1

01.21.2023 | 3:25 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 10 of 15 Winners, 2 Perfect, 605 Points   |   Tied for 2862nd

Teixeira vs. Hill
Glover Teixeira, SUB, R3
Arm Triangle late third round, Jamahal wins the standing exchanges but also gets hurt, and his power is almost non-factor. I do think Glover also gets hurt after plenty of peppering jabs, Glover eventually drags this down and into deep water, locks those legs and passes to side and eventually works clockwise for a ArmTriangle victory. Crazy to think what Bones did to Glover truly scary.

Figueiredo vs. Moreno IV
Brandon Moreno, SUB, R3
I think Moreno dominates here outside of round1. He will deliver and land with power when Deiveson tries to engage. Eventually, I think Moreno lands clean rocking Figgy, dropping him, hopping on his back, sinking hooks in, Rear Naked Choke, tap. Real Champion.

Burns vs. Magny
Gilbert Burns, DEC
Scary, Scary. Neil is a bigtime dog and shows up every fight. I do think Burns is focused and ready to go. Both of those mixed gives me tough decision vibes. 30-27,29-28, 28-29 Split dec.

Andrade vs. Murphy
Jéssica Andrade, TKO, R2
Maybe Dr. Stoppage via cut, I think the fighting styles here are way different in the favor of Andrade. Lauren likes to pick, jab and then rush. Andrade is going to counter with power and hurt Murphy here. Good fight though.

Craig vs. Walker
Paul Craig, SUB, R2
Armbar from bottom, I think Johnny gets overly confident after success in the grappling exchanges, he should stand but doesn't and Craig locks one of those long-ass arms up. 2nd round armbar.

Rua vs. Potieria
Maurício Rua, TKO, R2
I think Shogun goes for it here, and Ihor looks okay but just doesn't come for the moment. I hope we get a good retirement for one of the best of all time. Bias. A Cross drops Ihor, and Shogun finishes him.

Rodrigues vs. Ferreira
Gregory Rodrigues, TKO, R1
I think Robo brings this down to avoid feeling any power, from there he passes eventually, and reigns down hammers TKO finish. ref sees enough.

Moisés vs. Costa
Thiago Moisés, DEC
30-27x3 grinding decision, small bits of success for Costa but dominant for Thiago.

Bonfim vs. Lazzez
Gabriel Bonfim, SUB, R2
Rear Naked Choke locks in deep during a scramble.

Almeida vs. Abdurakhimov
Jailton Almeida, DEC
No play on this one outside of it being a tougher grind than most think. Shamil has his ups and downs but his up's come at times where they can't turn a losing round around. Judges see it close but not really. 29-28 Unix3.

Lacerda vs. Stamann
Cody Stamann, TKO, R2
Way better fight here than on paper. Luan can definitely catch Cody. I just think Cody got his confidence back and is alot more aggressive this time round. TKO finish round 2 Elbows and groun and pound.

McKinney vs. Bonfim
Terrance McKinney, TKO, R1
I think the start of this fight is similar to Nunes/Fairn. Terrance starts ready and explosive, Ismael starts too slow and gets caught. Head Kick TKO finish round 1.

Alves vs. Dalby
Nicolas Dalby, DEC
29-28x3 Uni.

Nunes vs. Fairn
Josiane Nunes, TKO, R1
No clue and this line is wild. Early Punch hurts Zarah, never gets footing. Ref steps in after not defending for way too long.

Marcos vs. Oliveira
Daniel Marcos, TKO, R2
A nice counter punch hurts Saimon, and some ground and pound follow up finishes the fight.

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  15,948  |  67.4%
  • Forum Posts:  32,049
  • Post Score: 88

01.21.2023 | 3:27 PM ET

Predictions: 12 of 15 Winners, 3 Perfect, 785 Points   |   Tied for 517th

@noxx I love McKinney but I have a bad feeling the crowd gets to him and he will gas rushing a finish 

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

Noxx
Noxx

01.21.2023 | 3:27 PM ET

KyleH  Same here. That's why I asked. I'm really leaning towards Bonfim DEC, but maybe someone can convince me to change my pick. Since I'm really not that confident as others.

AyyLmaonnaiseWishful thinking here. And I think most of you understand why I'm saying this. If Mckinney loses this one, they can make a case to make that Paddy vs Mckinney fight. Not that I actually think that would ever happen, but technically it would make sense. Since I doubt they will let Paddy fight any borderline ranked guys after his "win" against Gordon.

* Edited at 01.21.2023, 3:33 PM ET *

gliese58i
gliese58i
  • Predictions:  1,386  |  65.2%
  • Forum Posts:  10,330
  • Post Score: 129

01.21.2023 | 3:40 PM ET

@Noxx

Predictions: 10 of 15 Winners, 6 Perfect, 740 Points   |   Tied for 1054th

Not very confident, I favor McKinney sligthly but I have this one close to a pickem. A lot of that has to do with how McKinney fights. If he showed up with improved cardio patience and gameplanning he should be a moderate favorite, but that's not something we've seen so far.

"She’ll go there and smash her. She’ll get a title shot, become a UFC champion. We have a Ronda Rousey on steroids. This is what we have.” - Ali Abdelaziz on Kayla Harrison

Javerys22
Javerys22

01.21.2023 | 3:41 PM ET

You would think Terrance's camp would be drilling composure based on the Dober fight? Still If it goes to decision I would honestly be surprised. Terrance takes the biggest adrenaline dumps.

* Edited at 01.21.2023, 3:42 PM ET *

Kkkomboo
Kkkomboo
  • Predictions:  726  |  67.4%
  • Forum Posts:  597
  • Post Score: 126

01.21.2023 | 3:43 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 480 Points   |   Tied for 4242nd

Teixeira vs. Hill
Jamahal Hill, TKO, R2
I'm with my man Jamahal

Figueiredo vs. Moreno IV
Brandon Moreno, TKO, R2
I rewatched all three fights of Figgy and Moreno. Deiveson didn't won no one of them. Figgy was more closest to victory in the first fight, but he cheated too much. By the way, in the second he also cheated in fight. In the third fight, he really began to work a little better, more technically. But even that didn't help him a lot. Two knockdowns in the third round were very good, but Moreno recovered quickly. Brandon is better in striking and wrestling. He is a smart guy, so chances are good that we will see Rocky 4 in their 4th fight. Figeredo thinks that his native walls will help him. But as Moreno rightly said in an interview - Figgy will have a huge pressure, because he will fight in his homeland

"It's never too late to develop your critical thinking capacities"

Noxx
Noxx

01.21.2023 | 3:47 PM ET

gliese58i  That's exactly why I'm leaning Bonfim, because I think Bonfim's striking and grappling is good enough to take this fight past the first round. I honestly hope McKinney fights smart and not so reckless as he has in his past fights. If he really wants to be a contender, he needs to fix his cardio and learn to pick his moments. If he wants to be a crowd pleaser, he should just keep his fighting style the way it is

Segador80
Segador80
  • Predictions:  916  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  494
  • Post Score: 52

01.21.2023 | 3:48 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 15 Winners, 4 Perfect, 605 Points   |   Tied for 2919th

If you confidently think Hill will beat Glover their is legitimately something wrong with you. He could win, but his chances are very slim. Glover didn't get KO'ed by Jiri who has much more dynamite with his fist imo
Casual008
Casual008
  • Predictions:  4,535  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,865
  • Post Score: 259

01.21.2023 | 3:52 PM ET

Predictions: 10 of 15 Winners, 2 Perfect, 565 Points   |   Tied for 3409th

@KyleH McChinney's gonna knock him out. 

"They're sorcerers they don't get knocked out"

PiggyBank
PiggyBank
  • Predictions:  1,204  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  715
  • Post Score: 256

01.21.2023 | 3:54 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 15 Winners, 1 Perfect, 480 Points   |   Tied for 4213th

good luck to jreynolds with ihor's fight. that's all i wanted to say.

"i "Pick ⛏ Up Truck" all the events on Tapology ! | empty walls of Tapology.... | I don't give a flying F16... | keep ****posting about me... | Get Your Mind Out Of The Gutter... | L☻L | @TARTARABLESS | just let me know... !?"

Sirspudgreg
Sirspudgreg
  • Predictions:  1,265  |  64.8%
  • Forum Posts:  1,030
  • Post Score: 60

01.21.2023 | 3:55 PM ET

Predictions: 10 of 15 Winners, 2 Perfect, 635 Points   |   Tied for 2469th

I actually encourage someone else to put a small Walker sub bet on. The size will give craig problems and he won’t respect his ground game. I’m not saying it’s going to happen but it’s more likely than the odds suggest. Betting it playing the odds sometimes not betting what is most likely 
PoliszHammaFisting
PoliszHammaFisting
  • Predictions:  942  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  17
  • Post Score: 65

01.21.2023 | 3:56 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 15 Winners, 0 Perfect, 430 Points   |   Tied for 4462nd

Page 55

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Elijah Dorsey To Challenge Max Hanson For Welterweight Title At Enigma Invitational 15
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Buckley Lands UFC St. Louis Co-Main Vs. Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 Odds, Under Dogs And Best Bets!
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Just continue being the best’: Crawford looks forward to upcoming title fight with Madrimov
  • MMA Mania : Doumbe Gets New Opponent For Bellator Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Terence Crawford vs. Israil Madrimov official; Isaac Cruz, Andy Ruiz Jr. on undercard
  • Middle Easy : Chris Weidman Compares Alex Pereira’s Wrestling To Ben Askren’s Striking: ‘Such A Deficiency’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Step In The Fire With Pereira And He Knows That’
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau done with Manel Kape bookings, focused on title shot after UFC on ESPN 55 headliner
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight card: Perry vs. Alves
  • Middle Easy : ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone Tears Bicep ‘Off the Bone’ While Preparing to Ride Dana White’s Prized Bull
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Spann claims he hasn't watched tape on Bogdan Guskov ahead of UFC on ESPN 55 co-main bout
  • MMA Mania : Keep $300K Bonuses! ‘It Can’t Go Back’
  • MMAFighting.com : Joaquin Buckley vs. Nursulton Ruziboev announced for UFC St. Louis co-headliner
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley gets UFC on ESPN 56 co-main assignment vs. Nursulton Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : Pereira = ... Askren? ‘It’s Weird To See’
  • MMAFighting.com : Cain Velasquez attempted murder trial set to begin in September
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo confirms UFC 301 final fight on contract, hints at boxing match at Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Run it back, give fans a fair fight’: Devin Haney on Ryan Garcia loss
  • UFC.com : Alexandre Pantoja | TUF Beginnings