Topic: UFC 281

UFC 281: Adesanya vs. Pereira

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,010
  • Post Score: 47

08.03.2022 | 1:16 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC 281
  • Saturday 11.12.2022 at 06:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: ESPN
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: Madison Square Garden
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Joe Rogan, Daniel Cormier
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Interviews: Joe Rogan | Backstage: Megan Olivi
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $11,562,807
  • Attendance: 20,845
  • MMA Bouts: 14
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Alex Pereira   defeats   Israel Adesanya   via KO/TKO, Punches (standing TKO)   2:01 Round 5 of 5, 22:01 Total Bout Page
Weili Zhang   defeats   Carla Esparza   via Submission, Crucifix Rear Naked Choke   1:05 Round 2 of 5, 6:05 Total Bout Page
Dustin Poirier   defeats   Michael Chandler   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   2:00 Round 3 of 3, 12:00 Total Bout Page
Chris Gutierrez   defeats   Frankie Edgar   via KO/TKO, Knee   2:01 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Dan Hooker   defeats   Claudio Puelles   via KO/TKO, Body Kick   4:06 Round 2 of 3, 9:06 Total Bout Page
Renato Moicano   defeats   Brad Riddell   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   3:20 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Ryan Spann   defeats   Dominick Reyes   via KO/TKO, Power Jab   1:20 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Erin Blanchfield   defeats   Molly McCann   via Submission, Kimura   3:37 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Andre Petroski   defeats   Wellington Turman   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Matt Frevola   defeats   Ottman Azaitar   via KO/TKO, Hooks   2:30 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Karolina Kowalkiewicz   defeats   Silvana Gómez Juárez   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Michael Trizano   defeats   Seung Woo Choi   via KO/TKO, Counter Left Hook   4:51 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Montel Jackson   defeats   Julio Arce   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Carlos Ulberg   defeats   Nicolae Negumereanu   via KO/TKO, Left Hook to Ground Strikes   3:44 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page

Responses Page 10

DrChaotic
DrChaotic
  • Predictions:  6,259  |  70.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,242
  • Post Score: 71

09.14.2022 | 11:16 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 14 Winners, 1 Perfect, 440 Points   |   Tied for 2827th

Been wanting to see Montel Jackson return for a while, and yeah this card is like a less hype UFC 280. All good fights
This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 8 months, 6 days, 5 hours, and 26 minutes from now.
DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,544
  • Post Score: 262

09.14.2022 | 4:42 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 565 Points   |   Tied for 766th

I'm happy Montel Jackson fighting someone good again, I'm not a fan of seeing him fight cans like JP Buys and Jessie Straider because it's just boring, Montel is clearly quite talented and I want to see him at least somewhat tested,

"Quack quack quack"

paulopasta
paulopasta

09.16.2022 | 2:24 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 14 Winners, 1 Perfect, 460 Points   |   Tied for 2508th

Adesanya vs. Pereira
Alex Pereira, TKO, R3
Rooting for Alex hard. 3/5 izzys title defenses have been pretty unexciting despite his dominance. It’s a 50/50 fight but I’m confident Alex can hurt Izzy and land the killshot in round 3

Blanchfield vs. McCann
Erin Blanchfield, SUB, R3
McCann just isn’t that great imo. On the feet she’s pretty decent and has crazy volume but she gets tired and leaves herself wide open for strikes and takedowns. You can’t do that with someone who’s a high level grappler like Blanchfield. I was gonna go with decision but I think she finds the sub midway through the 3rd

Trizano vs. Choi
Seung Woo Choi, TKO, R3
Choi is very talented and has a deceiving record and I think Trizano is very average. He’s got some skills but nothing that will blow you away by any stretch. Choi has a KO win over Erosa so I think he can do the same to Trizano as long as he fights smart

Arce vs. Jackson
Montel Jackson, TKO, R2
Arce looked good in his last fight but Daniel Santos got nothing on Montel Jackson. He’s long, he’s fast and he’s powerful. He’s only lost to high level competition and has some decent ground game as well. I think he clips Julio at some point in round 2 and finishes him

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

09.19.2022 | 10:00 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 14 Winners, 2 Perfect, 515 Points   |   Tied for 1485th

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

09.19.2022 | 2:06 PM ET

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,476  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,786
  • Post Score: 180

09.19.2022 | 5:29 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 480 Points   |   Tied for 2146th

Izzy's promo video

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

JohnVolcan
JohnVolcan
  • Predictions:  5,334  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  624
  • Post Score: 235

09.21.2022 | 8:06 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 525 Points   |   Tied for 1339th

Adesanya vs. Pereira
Israel Adesanya, TKO, R3
Adesanya proved himself a very well rounded fighter overall, with decent wrestling and jiu jitsu, whereas Pereira, while as good as Adesanya on the feet, was put on his butt by a mediocre fighter in Michailidis... I hope this is a good fight, but I think Adesanya will take the fight to the ground and tko him here.

Poirier vs. Chandler
Dustin Poirier, TKO, R2
Chandler is a ton of fun to watch, but not very durable...

"Check my ART here if you want : https://www.instagram.com/john.volcan/"

ITJUSTWORKS
ITJUSTWORKS
  • Predictions:  3,328  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  280
  • Post Score: 242

09.21.2022 | 9:39 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 14 Winners, 1 Perfect, 390 Points   |   Tied for 3668th

Esparza vs. Zhang
Weili Zhang, TKO, R3
How are you gonna have the two shortest title reigns?

Poirier vs. Chandler
Dustin Poirier, DEC
I have wondered for so long on why god put me on this earth, and now I know. It's to watch these two men punch each other to death.

Trizano vs. Choi
Seung Woo Choi, TKO, R3
Banger

Azaitar vs. Frevola
Ottman Azaitar, DEC
Matt looks fly in his photo on here, and his nickname is strong. It's a damn shame that Ottman is gonna be the Steamrolla in this fight

Hooker vs. Puelles
Dan Hooker, DEC
You better win Dan, you man *****.

Ulberg vs. Negumereanu
Nicolae Negumereanu, TKO, R2
Nicolae makes me really angry. One fight he looks awful, next one he looks world class. What are Nicolae?! ARE YOU OR ARE YOU NOT A BUM NICOLAE?!

"I fell off harder then those monkeys jumping on the bed"

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,544
  • Post Score: 262

09.22.2022 | 12:50 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 565 Points   |   Tied for 766th

I actually really like this card, I fell like unless Adesaya can wresles Perreira and I doubt because he look huge, The main event will be fun, And it be high level kickboxing, And with the co main event, I find Carla boring, But Weili is such a huge favourite for a reason and I see her making it fun, Chandler vs Poirer is dope, And Chandler might be the most fun fighter in the UFC, Spann vs Reyes will be fun and peek light heavyweight fun, Might be my favourte fight on the card, Hoping for a fun meme fight

I don't know what the 5th fight on the main card will be, But i'm hoping for Riddle vs Moicano, I think that might be the 5th best fight on the card, But they a few other fights I don't card will take that spot

* Edited at 09.22.2022, 1:12 AM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Taybazza04
Taybazza04
  • Predictions:  19,235  |  68.1%
  • Forum Posts:  4,988
  • Post Score: 128

09.23.2022 | 12:08 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 14 Winners, 1 Perfect, 440 Points   |   Tied for 2827th

Esparza vs. Zhang
Weili Zhang, TKO, R2
Murder

Poirier vs. Chandler
Dustin Poirier, TKO, R3
Poirier late on when Chandlers tired

Blanchfield vs. McCann
Molly McCann, DEC
I love molly, I’ll go molly but Erin is good man

Reyes vs. Spann
Dominick Reyes, TKO, R2
Reyes might actually win plz!!! Not won since he beat Jones

Hooker vs. Puelles
Claudio Puelles, SUB, R2
I pray Hooker wins man but I don’t think he does Puelles is good man

gwinCLARKE2019
gwinCLARKE2019
  • Predictions:  1,399  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,038
  • Post Score: 215

09.23.2022 | 8:34 PM ET

Predictions: 10 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 675 Points   |   Tied for 97th

Question: Who's the best wrestler Izzy trains with? Pereira's been training with Glover for a while now. Don't know how much time they spend grappling vs striking vs mixing it up, but Glover's grappling is way ahead of anyone I can think of at City Kickboxing. I'm almost certain there will be de minimis grappling in this fight, but if there is it's hard not to give the edge to the guy who trains under Glover.

"This guy is too old to say this kind of ********."

CheckLeftHook
CheckLeftHook
  • Predictions:  2,389  |  56.6%
  • Forum Posts:  5,968
  • Post Score: 172

09.23.2022 | 9:22 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 14 Winners, 0 Perfect, 395 Points   |   Tied for 3595th

Esparza vs. Zhang
Weili Zhang, TKO, R1
If she blasted through Andrade in like 40 seconds, I don't see how she can't do the same here. I get Esparza is a wrestler, but Weili is strong and she has been getting better at her wrestling, while her clinch is also probably the strongest part of her game. I just don't see how Carla wins this fight up close or at distance, she will have to get lucky, get Weili to the ground with at least resistance as possible and just control her all fight. Esparza will have to bite down on her mouthpiece like Pena did with Nunes and just TRY to get through that damage. Anyways maybe I get proven dead wrong, but I don't see how Carla doesn't get the **** beat out of her here.

Blanchfield vs. McCann
Erin Blanchfield, SUB, R3
I guess this is where the weird hype train ends

Reyes vs. Spann
Dominick Reyes, TKO, R2
On paper should be an easy fight for Reyes. If he's anything like his old self he should finish Spann, if he's truly mentally broken then this is it for him...

Moicano vs. Riddell
Brad Riddell, TKO, R3
Riddell has taken some damage lately, but that RDA fight for Moicano might be career changing. So we'll have to see how this fight goes, but Moicano might never be the same dude.

Kowalkiewicz vs. Juárez
Silvana Gómez Juárez, TKO, R1
Karolina will have to grapple the **** out of her, otherwise this chick hits waaaaaaay too ******* hard for a 37 year old to take on the chin clean

Azaitar vs. Frevola
Ottman Azaitar, TKO, R1
I cannot tell if they're giving this fight to Frevola as some weird type of reward or if it's a form of punishment lol

Hooker vs. Puelles
Claudio Puelles, SUB, R1
If Hooker can't beat up this dude he should think about saving his brain for his kids and go do something else for a while

"🏴 No Quarter Given 🏴"

Daebak
Daebak
  • Predictions:  1,698  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  297
  • Post Score: 109

09.28.2022 | 12:41 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 14 Winners, 2 Perfect, 525 Points   |   Tied for 1324th

Izzy trains wrestling under Andrei Paulet and Frank Hickman. BJJ under Galvao and Adam Johnson (Atos NZ). Both combine leading international expert and home grown national champ.
Coaching credentials aside proof is in the pudding, CKB grappling system is producing some of the best anti-wrestling in the UFC. See KKF, Riddell, Izzy etc. vs wrestlers.

As much as I'm sure Alex is working on it, it would be unfathomable if he came into the Izzy fight with a grapple heavy approach and it's the one area Izzy is probably a different level to him.
WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

09.30.2022 | 11:00 AM ET

CrimsonChinGuru
CrimsonChinGuru
  • Predictions:  3,115  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  10,536

10.01.2022 | 7:18 PM ET

Predictions: 4 of 14 Winners, 2 Perfect, 290 Points   |   Tied for 4714th

Pereira posted a picture of him at 9.8lbs of body fat and still has to lose 41.2 lbs.

That's insane......

"They killed Jesus for speaking the truth..."

CheckLeftHook
CheckLeftHook
  • Predictions:  2,389  |  56.6%
  • Forum Posts:  5,968
  • Post Score: 172

10.01.2022 | 11:23 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 14 Winners, 0 Perfect, 395 Points   |   Tied for 3595th

he also posted a picture of him next to Reyes, he's slightly bigger than him. if that dude doesn't get some grappling skills and become double champ it's probably going to be one of UFC's biggest "wasted potentials". MW and LHW are still shallow enough for him to be able to beat both champs, maybe get a title defense in before he gets figured out by everyone. Could make it a good ******* year if he can pull it off, but I think he needs grappling skills for it, if he only relies on striking he's also eventually going to get KO'd, those 4oz gloves are way too tricky.

"🏴 No Quarter Given 🏴"

2022.10.03 10:43 AM ET

event start time updated

From Saturday, November 12 at 10:00pm ET to Saturday, November 12 at 6:00pm ET
GreenTeaEnthusiast
GreenTeaEnthusiast

10.03.2022 | 10:31 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 14 Winners, 2 Perfect, 365 Points   |   Tied for 4006th

Adesanya vs. Pereira
Israel Adesanya, TKO, R4
Israel has shown to be the more technical striker and I think it's a pretty safe bet to call him the better overall fighter. He's better adapted to the 4oz gloves and knows how to navigate the cage better. He's also shown that he can hurt Alex before, and add to that the fact that this is slightly personal - I think he could finish Pereira late in the fight.

kylethemc
kylethemc
  • Predictions:  338  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  338
  • Post Score: 138

10.04.2022 | 12:12 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 380 Points   |   Tied for 3850th

Adesanya vs. Pereira
Israel Adesanya
Izzy gets his revenge in the "trilogy" he's just been training MMA way longer and this isn't kickboxing. Pereira KO isn't off the table entirely, but I expect Izzy to stay at range and even grapple if it comes to that

Esparza vs. Zhang
Weili Zhang, TKO, R2
Zhang been working on wrestling with Cejudo and she's 100x better on the feet than Carla. As long as she doesn't get taken down and held there, she wins

Poirier vs. Chandler
Dustin Poirier, TKO, R3
Dustin gets better as the fight progresses and Chandler gasses out. Chandler has KO power no doubt, but Dustin has a good chin at LW. If Chandler utilizes wrestling, then he has a much better shot of winning. The thing is that I don't see him doing that. I see him trying to excite the crowd and throwing big power shots and Dustin taking over in the end and landing a Round 3 combo that drops and finishes Chandler

Blanchfield vs. McCann
Erin Blanchfield, DEC
Hype train ends here. Blanchfield might even win by submission. Blanchfield just needs to stay composed and stick to the gameplan of heavy grappling

Reyes vs. Spann
Dominick Reyes, DEC
Don't want to see Reyes lose 4 in a row. He should've been a champ from the Jones fight. Would be a big fall from grace to lose this one

Moicano vs. Riddell
Brad Riddell, DEC
Better striker in a mostly striking match

Hooker vs. Puelles
Dan Hooker, DEC
Not very confident but Hooker has only lost to absolute top guys in the UFC. Puelles will probably get to that level one day, but the Hangman shows him the levels similar to how he did with Nasrat

Ulberg vs. Negumereanu
Nicolae Negumereanu, TKO, R1
Neither of these guys have fought great competition. They both have power and good striking skills. I'll take the guy with more experience

Petroski vs. Turman
Andre Petroski, TKO, R1
Petroski is very explosive. My pick is blast double to gnp en route to a tko finish

Casual008
Casual008
  • Predictions:  4,535  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,865
  • Post Score: 259

10.04.2022 | 6:18 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 14 Winners, 1 Perfect, 470 Points   |   Tied for 2235th

@GreenTea How has Adasanya proven to be the more technical striker? 

* Edited at 10.04.2022, 6:19 PM ET *

"They're sorcerers they don't get knocked out"

Daebak
Daebak
  • Predictions:  1,698  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  297

10.04.2022 | 6:26 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 14 Winners, 2 Perfect, 525 Points   |   Tied for 1324th

Izzy does appear to be the better technician purely kickboxing. If you rule out the possibility of Izzy getting KO'd again he'd most likely win on points, his shot selection is over-all just better than Alex. Alex does have that power though and that's the equalizer, maybe more than equalizer in that he's not more than a step behind Izzy's technicals.

Page 10

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Ariane Lipski plots her 'best performance ever' against Karine Silva at UFC on ESPN 55
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘This will be one of Canelo’s better performances’: Ellerbe expects showcase victory against Munguia
  • MMA Junkie : Video: BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight-week press conference live stream (6 p.m. ET)
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 press conference video at 6 p.m. ET
  • MMA Junkie : UFC Louisville lineup announced: Dominick Reyes vs. Dustin Jacoby, but no main event official
  • MMA Mania : Wanna Bet Someone Misses Weight? Now You Can!
  • MMA Junkie : Ronda Rousey thinks Joe Rogan, media turned on her after knockout losses: 'They're a bunch of assh*les'
  • MMAFighting.com : Curtis Blaydes: Tom Aspinall fight at UFC 304 makes sense, but I learned ‘don’t get my hopes up’
  • Middle Easy : Trial Date Set for Former UFC Heavyweight Champion Cain Velasquez in Attempted Murder Case
  • MMA Junkie : Israel Adesanya will always respect 'special fighter' Alex Pereira
  • Jits Magazine : PGF World Season 6: Day 3 Recap
  • MMAFighting.com : Shaq: Vitor Belfort knocked out person ‘talking crazy’ at bar
  • UFC.com : UFC UNFILTERED | Ariane Lipski, Austin Hubbard, UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez picks
  • MMA Junkie : Montana De La Rosa, Andrea Lee booked for UFC rematch in Louisville
  • MMA Mania : Cannonier Vs Imamov Headlines UFC Louisville
  • MMA Junkie : UFC's Tim Means doesn't expect to fight for long: 'I turned 40, I know my time is coming'
  • Bad Left Hook : Cieslak vs Chamberlain joins Billam-Smith vs Riakporhe 2 on June 15
  • Bad Left Hook : Michal Cieslak vs Isaac Chamberlain joins Billam-Smith vs Riakporhe 2 on June 15
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! BKFC ‘KnuckleMania 4’ Press Conference Video!
  • UFC.com : UFC Returns To Louisville For UFC Fight Night On June 8 At KFC Yum! Center