Tapology Forums

The Lucky Bastard Game: 1st Edition

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,304  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,311
  • Post Score: 285

07.18.2022 | 10:18 PM ET

WHAT IS IT?

In short, it works similar to the Tapology Survivor game in the sense that it continues every week until there's a winner (or in some cases in this game no winner) but instead of picking your fighters, get assigned a random fighter from the upcoming UFC card and hope they win. 

FORMAT:

1) To enter, simply say that you want to enter at the start of a new game. The length of the games depend entirely on how long it takes to either find a winner or eliminate everyone.

2) Then, you will randomly be assigned a fighter from the upcoming UFC card. This will be decided by me using this site I found wheeldecide.com and putting all the fighters names on a wheel and going through the list of players one by one and spinning the wheel to decide which fighter they get. I'll make a very low quality video of the draw and post it here to show I'm not deliberately messing with anyone in particular. It might mean that some people end up with the same fighter but that doesn't affect the game as it's more of an everybody fighting for themselves kinda game rather than a head to head game.

3) If your randomly assigned fighter wins their fight then you're through to the next round. This happens every week until there is only one left and they will be the winner. In a unique twist to make the game as stupid as possible, if everyone eventually goes out, then nobody wins the game and the game will be marked in the record books as "nobody ******* won" or something like that. For example, if there are 2 or 3 people left and they all have losing fighters then nobody wins the game. I feel this also adds weight to the game as you have to be REALLY lucky to be a winner as you literally have to be luckier than every other competitor to be the only one left standing!

WHAT DOES THE WINNER GET?

A place on the list of winners that will be displayed on the opening post of every new thread and their current AV put on the new game poster (see below) in the middle of the horseshow so they effectively become the poster boy/girl/other for the new game!

Any questions, just ask! And remember, please don't take this game too seriously! I mean, it's practically a satire of the Survivor Game when you think about it lol!

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

Responses Page 4

Cheeseball
Cheeseball
  • Predictions:  13,293  |  71.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,944
  • Post Score: 247

07.31.2022 | 12:28 PM ET

Crazy how I'm still here. Also yikes that Smith vs Ankalaev take aged like milk.

"šŸŒ½āš½ļø"

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

08.01.2022 | 7:28 PM ET

Through the 3nd round

We entered the last round with 7 and thanks to Derrick Lewis, 5 lucky bastards remain! Going through to the 3rd round are:

• Bronco
  • Casual008
  • Stephen Terry
  • Cheeseball
  • Baron Von Rattus

Best of luck guys and may the MMA Gods have mercy on your souls!

PriscillaMello
PriscillaMello
  • Predictions:  35,224  |  72.9%
  • Forum Posts:  106
  • Post Score: 378

08.02.2022 | 1:09 AM ET

Nice to know the voices of Tapology! As for hard-to-pronounce fighter names, the ones that took me the longest to get were Joanna Jędrzejczyk, JiÅ™Ć­ ProchĆ”zka and Michał Oleksiejczuk.

"Remember why you started"

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

08.02.2022 | 5:51 AM ET

@PriscillaMello

The ones I tend to struggle with the most are the Russian and Arabic ones. There are some other more common ones I say differently due to my accent. Take Dana White for example. Everyone calls him "Day-na" but I pronounce it as "Dar-na" as in Dana Rosemary Scallon for instance. 

* Edited at 08.02.2022, 5:51 AM ET *

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

08.05.2022 | 8:33 PM ET

I haven't forgotten this week's video, I've just not got round to it yet. It should be up in an hour or so!

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

08.05.2022 | 9:25 PM ET

3rd Round Draw

Apologises about the video being very hastily made but I was trying to get it done quickly between the PFL fights. 

Cheeseball
Cheeseball

08.05.2022 | 9:32 PM ET

I'll take Luque. Better not be the Luque that showed up last fight though.

"šŸŒ½āš½ļø"

Hippie
Hippie

08.05.2022 | 9:44 PM ET

ā¤ļø

I love Terryā€™s voice! šŸ˜Ž 
Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

08.05.2022 | 9:47 PM ET

@Hippie

Thanks mate! I've always thought I sounded fairly ordinary lol!

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

08.05.2022 | 9:51 PM ET

Just to confirm for anyone who might not be able to or be bothered to watch the video the draw is as follows:

• Bronco - Josh Quinlan
  • Casual008 - Terrance McKinney
  • Stephen Terry - Thiago Santos
  • Cheeseball - Vicente Luque
  • Baron Von Rattus - Bryan Battle

Good luck everyone!

Hippie
Hippie

08.05.2022 | 9:53 PM ET

think about it

No really, perfect voice for podcast or anything you enjoy doing. šŸ˜Ž 
Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

08.05.2022 | 9:58 PM ET

@Hippie

I can't see myself ever doing a podcast tbh as whenever I speak for any length of time, I tend to start tripping over my words and dropping a lot of "ums" and "ers" in the middle of sentences, especially if it's about anything that requires a bit of thought. That's partly why I try not to ramble on too much in these videos and keep my sentences short and to the point. 

Hippie
Hippie

08.06.2022 | 4:55 AM ET

Donā€™t judge ur self mate, ur perfect as u are.
Baron Von Rattus
Baron Von Rattus
  • Predictions:  92  |  69.6%
  • Forum Posts:  693
  • Post Score: 305

08.06.2022 | 5:25 AM ET

Pooh bear for the win, can't believe that's still his nickname 

"Iā€™m in love, Robb, Iā€™m in love with a billion billion people, and I know all of them better than I ever knew you, and they know me, all of me, and they love me."- A song for Lya

Baron Von Rattus
Baron Von Rattus

08.06.2022 | 5:29 AM ET

Would've rather had the GOAT in all honesty 

"Iā€™m in love, Robb, Iā€™m in love with a billion billion people, and I know all of them better than I ever knew you, and they know me, all of me, and they love me."- A song for Lya

Hippie
Hippie

08.06.2022 | 5:31 AM ET

^ & ^^

Haha šŸ˜† 
mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,476  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,786
  • Post Score: 180

08.06.2022 | 9:47 AM ET

So is Bronco eliminated? A new wrinkle; postponed or canceled fights.

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

Baron Von Rattus
Baron Von Rattus

08.06.2022 | 10:17 AM ET

I think he said because it's purely luck and cause he wants the game to be ***** that counts you as losing 
Bye bronco

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

08.06.2022 | 9:36 PM ET

Yeah, I didn't specify it last time when I spoke about NC's and draws but the same logic applies. Being drawn with a fighter who's fight gets cancelled is unlucky so bye bye!

Going forward, it'll probably be easier to specify that in order to go through to the next round, your assigned fighter HAS TO WIN! 

Cheeseball
Cheeseball

08.07.2022 | 12:08 AM ET

****, I just remembered I need Luque to win if I wanna advance. Not feeling lucky right now.

"šŸŒ½āš½ļø"

Page 4

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Buckley Lands UFC St. Louis Co-Main Vs. Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 Odds, Under Dogs And Best Bets!
  • Bad Left Hook : ā€˜Just continue being the bestā€™: Crawford looks forward to upcoming title fight with Madrimov
  • MMA Mania : Doumbe Gets New Opponent For Bellator Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Terence Crawford vs. Israil Madrimov official; Isaac Cruz, Andy Ruiz Jr. on undercard
  • Middle Easy : Chris Weidman Compares Alex Pereiraā€™s Wrestling To Ben Askrenā€™s Striking: ā€˜Such A Deficiencyā€™
  • MMA Mania : ā€˜I Would Step In The Fire With Pereira And He Knows Thatā€™
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau done with Manel Kape bookings, focused on title shot after UFC on ESPN 55 headliner
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight card: Perry vs. Alves
  • Middle Easy : ā€˜Cowboyā€™ Cerrone Tears Bicep ā€˜Off the Boneā€™ While Preparing to Ride Dana Whiteā€™s Prized Bull
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Spann claims he hasn't watched tape on Bogdan Guskov ahead of UFC on ESPN 55 co-main bout
  • MMA Mania : Keep $300K Bonuses! ā€˜It Canā€™t Go Backā€™
  • MMAFighting.com : Joaquin Buckley vs. Nursulton Ruziboev announced for UFC St. Louis co-headliner
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley gets UFC on ESPN 56 co-main assignment vs. Nursulton Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : Pereira = ... Askren? ā€˜Itā€™s Weird To Seeā€™
  • MMAFighting.com : Cain Velasquez attempted murder trial set to begin in September
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo confirms UFC 301 final fight on contract, hints at boxing match at Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson
  • Bad Left Hook : ā€˜Run it back, give fans a fair fightā€™: Devin Haney on Ryan Garcia loss
  • UFC.com : Alexandre Pantoja | TUF Beginnings
  • MMA Junkie : Former UFC champion Cain Velasquez gets trial date in attempted murder case