Tapology Forums

The Lucky Bastard Game: 1st Edition

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,304  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,311
  • Post Score: 285

07.18.2022 | 10:18 PM ET

WHAT IS IT?

In short, it works similar to the Tapology Survivor game in the sense that it continues every week until there's a winner (or in some cases in this game no winner) but instead of picking your fighters, get assigned a random fighter from the upcoming UFC card and hope they win. 

FORMAT:

1) To enter, simply say that you want to enter at the start of a new game. The length of the games depend entirely on how long it takes to either find a winner or eliminate everyone.

2) Then, you will randomly be assigned a fighter from the upcoming UFC card. This will be decided by me using this site I found wheeldecide.com and putting all the fighters names on a wheel and going through the list of players one by one and spinning the wheel to decide which fighter they get. I'll make a very low quality video of the draw and post it here to show I'm not deliberately messing with anyone in particular. It might mean that some people end up with the same fighter but that doesn't affect the game as it's more of an everybody fighting for themselves kinda game rather than a head to head game.

3) If your randomly assigned fighter wins their fight then you're through to the next round. This happens every week until there is only one left and they will be the winner. In a unique twist to make the game as stupid as possible, if everyone eventually goes out, then nobody wins the game and the game will be marked in the record books as "nobody ******* won" or something like that. For example, if there are 2 or 3 people left and they all have losing fighters then nobody wins the game. I feel this also adds weight to the game as you have to be REALLY lucky to be a winner as you literally have to be luckier than every other competitor to be the only one left standing!

WHAT DOES THE WINNER GET?

A place on the list of winners that will be displayed on the opening post of every new thread and their current AV put on the new game poster (see below) in the middle of the horseshow so they effectively become the poster boy/girl/other for the new game!

Any questions, just ask! And remember, please don't take this game too seriously! I mean, it's practically a satire of the Survivor Game when you think about it lol!

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

Responses Page 3

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

07.22.2022 | 7:00 AM ET

War Tru Viking! Do it for Svenska and the blonde haired peoples of all realms

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

kushycake
kushycake
  • Predictions:  4,571  |  70.8%
  • Forum Posts:  937
  • Post Score: 386

07.22.2022 | 9:00 AM ET

Looks like I am set for next run. 
Baron Von Rattus
Baron Von Rattus
  • Predictions:  92  |  69.6%
  • Forum Posts:  693
  • Post Score: 305

07.22.2022 | 12:17 PM ET

I feel like Dana white with how much i want paddy to win, gonna smash my totally legal stream if he gets twerked on

"I’m in love, Robb, I’m in love with a billion billion people, and I know all of them better than I ever knew you, and they know me, all of me, and they love me."- A song for Lya

ZoomerBet
ZoomerBet
  • Predictions:  2,962  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,135
  • Post Score: 269

07.22.2022 | 2:24 PM ET

I got Claudio Silva smh, not feeling very lucky anymore

"Excuse me guys, I want to say something. I want to stay humble, but I have to talk because you guys talk too much"

mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,476  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,786
  • Post Score: 180

07.22.2022 | 5:56 PM ET

Ugh, seriously?!? Wheel, you SUCK!

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

Casual008
Casual008
  • Predictions:  4,535  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,865
  • Post Score: 259

07.23.2022 | 8:13 PM ET

The wheel did me good but at what cost 😔

"They're sorcerers they don't get knocked out"

Hippie
Hippie

07.23.2022 | 8:52 PM ET

😈

The wheel is evil, do not trust it’s accuracy. 
Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

07.23.2022 | 9:59 PM ET

Through the 2nd round

Of the 15 entrants, the MMA Gods deemed 8 of you to be unworthy! This leaves the following 7 lucky bastards in the game:

• Bronco
  • Casual008
  • Stephen Terry
  • Cheeseball
  • TARTARA
  • Baron Von Rattus
  • kushycake

Say a prayer, kiss your lucky charms, make a questionably legal animal sacrifice to the MMA Gods, or whatever you did to get through and I'll see you in the next round!

Cheeseball
Cheeseball
  • Predictions:  13,293  |  71.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,943
  • Post Score: 247

07.23.2022 | 10:02 PM ET

Can't believe I made it out of that ****show of a card. What did I do to please the MMA gods?

"🌽⚽️"

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

07.23.2022 | 10:06 PM ET

Draws and No Contests

After a few people have started screaming "No contest!" about the Curtis Blaydes VS Tom Aspinall fight (For the record, I don't agree with those guys. I picked and was routing for Aspinall and I'm slightly pissed off but these things happen in MMA sometimes) it occurred to me that I didn't mention in the original rules what what happen in the event of a draw or no contest involving a participant's fighter so I've decided that it will count as a loss for the purpose of the game. The logic behind it being that only the lucky should win and having your fighter involved in a draw or no contest would certainly be considered unlucky so out you go. 

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

07.27.2022 | 8:59 PM ET

I've just recorded the video for the 2nd round draw and will have it up on here soon!

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

07.27.2022 | 9:07 PM ET

2nd Round Draw

Cheeseball
Cheeseball

07.27.2022 | 9:15 PM ET

Hamdy Abdelwahab?

"🌽⚽️"

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

07.27.2022 | 9:20 PM ET

2nd Round Draw

Just to confirm the matchups for the 2nd round:

• Bronco - Joselyne Edwards
  • Casual008 - Magomed Ankalaev
  • Stephen Terry - Sergei Pavlovich
  • Cheeseball - Hamdy Abdelwahab
  • TARTARA - Derreck Lewis
  • Baron Von Rattus - Hamdy Abdelwahab
  • kushycake - Derrick Lewis

Good luck!

Casual008
Casual008
  • Predictions:  4,535  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,865
  • Post Score: 259

07.27.2022 | 9:49 PM ET

The wheel likes me 

"They're sorcerers they don't get knocked out"

Cheeseball
Cheeseball

07.27.2022 | 10:06 PM ET

I don't know about that. I wouldn't be surprised if Smith knocked out Ankalaev. Btw @Stephen Terry its pronounced Anka-li-ev.

"🌽⚽️"

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

07.27.2022 | 10:14 PM ET

@Cheeseball

Thanks for the advice! I'll try to remember that but I'm really **** at pronunciations lol! Sometimes even if I hear Bruce Buffer saying it, my brain just can't get my mouth to copy it if you know what I mean lol!

Baron Von Rattus
Baron Von Rattus

07.28.2022 | 4:11 PM ET

I'm banking on a 3-0 Iraqi heavyweight making his debut? Curse you mma gods

"I’m in love, Robb, I’m in love with a billion billion people, and I know all of them better than I ever knew you, and they know me, all of me, and they love me."- A song for Lya

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  15,922  |  67.4%
  • Forum Posts:  32,039
  • Post Score: 88

07.28.2022 | 4:20 PM ET

Allhamdullilah 🙏 

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

Baron Von Rattus
Baron Von Rattus

07.31.2022 | 12:21 PM ET

I might be the luckiest bastard out there

Page 3

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : ‘MMA Media Hates Me, It’s Fine’
  • Middle Easy : Jiri Prochazka Doubles Down On Callout For Alex Pereira Rematch At UFC 301: ‘I Think I Deserve It’
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Goes Off On Logan Paul For Child Trafficking Comments, Claims He Will ‘Destroy’ Paul In Boxing Match
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway's coach breaks down matchup against 'oversized bantamweight' Ilia Topuria
  • MMAFighting.com : Lyoto Machida ‘already breathing fire’ after Luke Rockhold callout, interested in Karate Combat rematch
  • MMA Mania : ‘It’s Crazy That Something Like This Is Happening At This Level’
  • MMA Junkie : Islam Makhachev's coach: 'Biggest threat' Justin Gaethje no longer in UFC title picture
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Whoever wants to fight Ryan, he feels comfortable at 144’: De La Hoya talks next steps for Garcia
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Whoever wants to fight Ryan, he feels comfortable at 144’: Oscar De La Hoya talks next steps for Ryan Garcia
  • MMA Mania : Double Champ Islam Next? ‘I Already Beat All These Guys’
  • MMAFighting.com : Justin Gaethje: It’ll be ‘6 months, at least, before I get back to taking shots’ after UFC 300 loss
  • MMA Junkie : Manon Fiorot open to Maycee Barber fight – but only if interim UFC flyweight title at stake
  • MMA Junkie : Arman Tsarukyan fires back at Michael Chandler: 'You are just waiting for a paycheck'
  • MMAFighting.com : Islam Makhachev not interested in Max Holloway matchup: ‘Maybe if he wins his next fight’
  • Bad Left Hook : PODCAST: How much credit does Ryan Garcia deserve for beating Devin Haney?
  • Middle Easy : Israel Adesanya Reflects on His Iconic Rivlary with Alex Pereira: ‘I Just Knew That I Can Beat This Guy’
  • MMA Junkie : Mike Perry lauds Max Holloway for being in phenomenal shape compared to Justin Gaethje
  • MMA Mania : Arman Erodes ‘Iron’ Critique With ‘Exciting’ Rebuttal
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 92 Gets ‘Old School Boxing Poster’
  • Middle Easy : Islam Makhachev Plans to Challenge Welterweight Champ Leon Edwards Following UFC 302 Title Fight with Dustin Poirier