Tapology Forums

anyone else RE Dreams NYE card?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Blackwork
Blackwork
  • Predictions:  4,678  |  66.0%
  • Forum Posts:  900
  • Post Score: 162

12.26.2011 | 3:17 PM ET

I think mixing pro wrestling and MMA bouts only undermines the legitimacy of the actual fights. Am I missing something here? Are these matches like the Sylvia-Le Banner match just the equivalent of WWE matches in the states?

* Edited at 12.26.2011, 3:18 PM ET *

"http://www.tapology.com/profiles/blackwork/my-rankings?ranking_type=member"

Responses

Mizder
Mizder
  • Predictions:  620  |  66.1%
  • Forum Posts:  20
  • Post Score: 45

12.26.2011 | 3:24 PM ET

japanese pro wrestling is completely different than american pro wrestling is as far as how they work the matches it still has a predetermied outcome but they actually are very stiff in the presentation of the product i dont think it undermines the actual fights at all beings that these matches will be completely different than a wwe style match
Blackwork
Blackwork

12.26.2011 | 3:32 PM ET

But its a staged "fight," right? I guess im just partial to keeping combat sports separate from the fake stuff. Given the allegations of works in jmma from folks who fought there, I only see this as detrimental to the legitimate fights.

snowman
snowman
  • Predictions:  20,083  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  270
  • Post Score: 200

12.26.2011 | 3:36 PM ET

not sure
Mizder
Mizder
  • Predictions:  620  |  66.1%
  • Forum Posts:  20
  • Post Score: 45

12.26.2011 | 3:37 PM ET

yeah but with the current state of jmma its not detrimental to have these matches on the card as its just going to push up attendance at the venue which is something they desperately need
SeverusRap1st
SeverusRap1st

12.26.2011 | 4:52 PM ET

you mma fans act like people dont know the difference between wwe and mma its funny as hell.  
Blackwork
Blackwork

12.26.2011 | 5:04 PM ET

Unfortunately, I think until relatively recently (10 to 15 years, maybe?) a not insubstantial portion of pro wrestling followers did believe that it was real. And even if they all do believe it's not real, why mix it with a sport that in its purest form is about as real as a sport that can take place between individual competitors?

kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

12.26.2011 | 6:04 PM ET

I'm not complaining. There's a chance we might get to see Sylvia get hit on the head with a chair

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo hopes Conor McGregor 'of old' shows up vs. Michael Chandler at UFC 303
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC lightweight Paddy Pimblett announces arrival of twin baby girls
  • MMA Mania : Copycat! Satoshi Mimicked Oliveira To Score Stellar Finish
  • MMA Junkie : Ariane Lipski plots her 'best performance ever' against Karine Silva at UFC on ESPN 55
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘This will be one of Canelo’s better performances’: Ellerbe expects showcase victory against Munguia
  • MMA Junkie : Video: BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight-week press conference live stream
  • MMA Junkie : Video: BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight-week press conference live stream (6 p.m. ET)
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch BKFC KnuckleMania 4 press conference video live now
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 press conference video at 6 p.m. ET
  • MMA Junkie : UFC Louisville lineup announced: Dominick Reyes vs. Dustin Jacoby, but no main event official
  • MMA Mania : Wanna Bet Someone Misses Weight? Now You Can!
  • MMA Junkie : Ronda Rousey thinks Joe Rogan, media turned on her after knockout losses: 'They're a bunch of assh*les'
  • MMAFighting.com : Curtis Blaydes: Tom Aspinall fight at UFC 304 makes sense, but I learned ‘don’t get my hopes up’
  • Middle Easy : Trial Date Set for Former UFC Heavyweight Champion Cain Velasquez in Attempted Murder Case
  • MMA Junkie : Israel Adesanya will always respect 'special fighter' Alex Pereira
  • Jits Magazine : PGF World Season 6: Day 3 Recap
  • MMAFighting.com : Shaq: Vitor Belfort knocked out person ‘talking crazy’ at bar
  • UFC.com : UFC UNFILTERED | Ariane Lipski, Austin Hubbard, UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez picks
  • MMA Junkie : Montana De La Rosa, Andrea Lee booked for UFC rematch in Louisville
  • MMA Mania : Cannonier Vs Imamov Headlines UFC Louisville