Topic: Contender Series 2022

Contender Series 2022: Week 10

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  32,996
  • Post Score: 47

05.17.2022 | 4:22 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
Contender Series 2022
  • Tuesday 09.27.2022 at 08:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN+
  • Promotion: Dana White's Contender Series
  • Ownership:
  • Venue: UFC APEX
  • Enclosure: Cage
  • TV Announcers: Laura Sanko, Brendan Fitzgerald, Paul Felder
  • Ring Announcer: Justin Bernard
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Laura Sanko
  • MMA Bouts: 5
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Bo Nickal   defeats   Donovan Beard   via Submission, Triangle Choke   0:52 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Sam Patterson   defeats   Vinicius Cenci   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   4:18 Round 2 of 3, 9:18 Total Bout Page
Jack Jenkins   defeats   Freddy Linares   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   4:30 Round 3 of 3, 14:30 Total Bout Page
Rafael Estevam   defeats   João Elias   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   2:25 Round 2 of 3, 7:25 Total Bout Page
Mateus Mendonça   defeats   Ashiek Ajim   via KO/TKO, Right Cross and Hammerfist   0:48 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page

Responses Page 4

goinjacarezy
goinjacarezy
  • Predictions:  644  |  64.0%
  • Forum Posts:  30
  • Post Score: 23

09.26.2022 | 1:57 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 5 Winners, 1 Perfect, 330 Points   |   Tied for 249th

Nickal vs. Beard
Bo Nickal, SUB, R1
Nickal will challenge for UFC Gold, Donovan Beard needs a miracle

Patterson vs. Cenci
Sam Patterson, TKO, R2
Patterson has fought stiff competition in BRAVE. He's huge for the weight class and will be an issue for the lightweight division

Linares vs. Jenkins
Jack Jenkins, DEC
Jenkins is cool, this should be a close fight

Ramos Estevam vs. Elias
Rafael Ramos Estevam, DEC
This should be super fun, both are good prospects

Ajim vs. Mendonça
Mateus Mendonça, TKO, R3
I'm not taking a guy who got KOed by Kris Moutinho seriously

DrChaotic
DrChaotic
  • Predictions:  6,259  |  70.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,242
  • Post Score: 71

09.26.2022 | 2:27 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 5 Winners, 2 Perfect, 380 Points   |   Tied for 48th with 49 others

I did in depth predictions for the first card, and so I shall do them for the last card as well... it's only fitting. 

Ajim vs Mendonca

Mateus Mendonca, TKO R2

Oh come the **** on. Dog**** layup fight. If ******* Moutinho can do it then Mendonca sure as hell can. And unlike with Moutinho I dont think Ajim will even have much success in the first round. I think it'll be competitive but Mateus will still win, and after that he ********s ****ter Ajim. Absolutely horrid matchmaking, this guy doesn't even BELONG on the Contender Series. They're practically just feeding Mendonca a free win and I HATE that. You're telling there wasn't ANYONE better for him to fight? **** this **** fight, I hope Ajim gets a round 1 knockout and ruins their stupid plans. Mendonca is better LITERALLY EVERYWHERE except for power and Ajim gasses badly by the second round. Dudes trash, just like this fight. First round finish or bust and he ain't finishing a 9-0 guy

Rafael Ramos Estevam vs Joao Elias

Rafael Ramos, DEC

Good ass fight and while I want Joao Elias to win (and I think he can), I feel as if Ramos is just a little bit better everywhere. On the ground they're both very good and evenly matched, but Estevam is a bit more diverse and less risky, and on the feet I think he has a slight edge as well. Very good competitive fight though, Elias isnt the number 1 flyweight in Brazil for no reason, but I do think Ramos will take that crown from him. 

Emiliano Emiliano Linares vs Jack Jenkins

Jack Jenkins, TKO R3

Both guys are decent, but I don't see a huge amount of potential for either of them. I do think Jenkins has what it takes to beat Linares, but he's by no means a lock. Both are decently well rounded, but I think Jack is just a bit better everywhere. Don't know too much about either of these guys but I do know that Freddy brawls a lot and Jack is more technical. Round 1 Emiliano comes out guns blazing and clips Jenkins a few times, but after that Jenkins takes over. Round 3 his pressure is too much and Linares crumbles, third round KO for the Aussie

Sam Patterson vs Vinicius Cenci

Sam Patterson, TKO R2 

Don't know much about Vinicius Cenci cause he's an irrelevant bum, except for that he's amazing on the ground. All his wins are by submission and he hasn't lost since his debut. He recently got a fight added here on Tapology. It was his last one and it was against a complete trash can, but it was a crucial piece of missing evidence. This dude ain't a 12-0 Peruvian like Daniel Marcos (who's not that good), he's a 7-1 (previously thought to be 6-1) Brazilian. The UFC wouldn't sign a guy like this coming off a 3 year layoff, even if it was just to job to Sam Patterson. Patterson has a win over a guy who's gonna fight soon in at the time 14-1 Kamil Magomedov (god ******* damn what a weird ass coincidence, do they plan this **** out??? I know they do with their own fighters like Ikram debuting right after a Khamzat fight, but they have no control over *** Brave is gonna do, so it doesn't really make much sense) Regardless Patterson is really good, dude is HUGE and knows how to use his length and size unlike some other fighters. On the ground he's no slouch either. I believe he's going to piece up Cenci for 2 rounds, avoid the submissions, and finish him late in the second. 

Bo Nickal vs Donovan Beard

Bo Nickal, TKO R1 

Man I wish Donovan Beard beat Raheam Forest. He'd be 8-0 and it would be interesting to see how people would react to this fight if that were the case. Maybe 2% more people would pick him lmao. Regardless, Nickal is the next Alex Pereira. Dude's gonna have an easy path to the title, and not because of favorable matchups, but because he's that damn good. He's getting signed here, and I find it difficult to find a way for Beard to win. He's a good generalist and decently well rounded, coming off a big win where he was a large sized underdog against a good prospect, but Miles Lee ain't no Bo Nickal. Big Bo Peep is gonna take him down within 20 seconds and smash him with ease. This really isn't a "who's gonna win" type of fight, its a "how is this guy gonna win" type. I'm leaning TKO due to ground and pound but man idk. A submission is super likely too. Regardless Bo is the real deal and this fight is gonna be another easy W for the uber prospect
This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 8 months, 6 days, 14 hours, and 45 minutes from now.
theproishiphop
theproishiphop
  • Predictions:  3,314  |  68.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,170
  • Post Score: 135

09.26.2022 | 2:59 PM ET

Rah123

I'm not messing with Censi.  I don't like guys that have been flagged for match fixing or padding their records.  I also don't know how tf Patterson is making lightweight at 6'4".  That being said, I think Censi looks too one dimensional, is going to get beaten on the feet, and then subbed.  At the same time, I don't like British wrestling or grappling.  I wouldn't be betting on that one.  But I would lean to Patterson by finish just based on his versatility.  If he got exposed, I wouldn't be shocked but I do think he has faced much better competition at Brave CF than Censi has with a flagged record and Gladiator Challenge.  Your mileage may vary.

* Edited at 09.26.2022, 3:00 PM ET *

"Sir, ARE you ready? Sir, ARE you ready? FIGHT!!!"

Rah123
Rah123
  • Predictions:  1,239  |  66.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,474
  • Post Score: -57

09.26.2022 | 3:31 PM ET

Theproishiphop

Predictions: 4 of 5 Winners, 1 Perfect, 250 Points   |   Tied for 813th

Fair enough 

"Positivity is a positive"

Rah123
Rah123

09.26.2022 | 3:31 PM ET

AyyLame

Ok sorry 

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  15,948  |  67.4%
  • Forum Posts:  32,050
  • Post Score: 88

09.26.2022 | 3:37 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 5 Winners, 1 Perfect, 330 Points   |   Tied for 249th

@thepro patterson subbed the bjj coach at KHK Bahrain, that’s definitely better competition than a jobber from gladiator challenge. I wouldn’t be surprised if the 0-0 guy had never trained before 

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

DRstoppage
DRstoppage
  • Predictions:  6,648  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,508
  • Post Score: 131

09.26.2022 | 6:17 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 5 Winners, 1 Perfect, 345 Points   |   Tied for 188th

Donovan Beard doesn’t actually have a beard? Hmmm might have to pick against him 🤔
Rah123
Rah123

09.26.2022 | 7:43 PM ET

DrStoppage

I think that would be wise

DrChaotic
DrChaotic
  • Predictions:  6,259  |  70.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,242
  • Post Score: 71

09.26.2022 | 7:53 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 5 Winners, 2 Perfect, 380 Points   |   Tied for 48th with 49 others

Wot
This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 8 months, 6 days, 14 hours, and 45 minutes from now.
SquatzMMA
SquatzMMA
  • Predictions:  13  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 0

09.26.2022 | 8:25 PM ET

We need Sam Patterson vs Ian Garry to figure out who the REAL future is.
Rah123
Rah123

09.26.2022 | 8:28 PM ET

Squatz

Trust me. It's not Patterson.

JJangel
JJangel
  • Predictions:  517  |  67.5%
  • Forum Posts:  120
  • Post Score: 53

09.26.2022 | 8:33 PM ET

Predictions: 2 of 2 Winners, 0 Perfect, 100 Points   |   Tied for 1210th

Anyone have footage of cenci? Trying to figure out why Sam only a 2to1.. Sam has beaten actually decent comp and Cenci has beat cans and hasn’t fought in 3 years..
paulopasta
paulopasta

09.26.2022 | 9:28 PM ET

Predictions: 3 of 5 Winners, 1 Perfect, 215 Points   |   Tied for 965th

This is the only fight I can find of his. I think he has power and good subs, he's also almost as tall as Patterson. I think Patterson has good skills but he's got some tall mans defense. That's just me though. Cenci also is at a good camp

* Edited at 09.26.2022, 9:29 PM ET *

Gunnar
Gunnar
  • Predictions:  2,576  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  172
  • Post Score: 66

09.26.2022 | 11:35 PM ET

Predictions: 3 of 5 Winners, 2 Perfect, 265 Points   |   Tied for 763rd

Nah there is only one fight. But Patterson is not impressive on tape. He cuts far too much weight, chin straight up in the air, and his boxing itself isn't even anything special, he's winning these fights purely based on frame.

He's already been finished in the first round, so we know he doesn't have the chin to back up the open defense if you can get through the range to touch him, and now he's fighting Cenci who is big himself, on the one fight we have we can see he can technically cover range with striking combinations to touch the chin and put a big man down, he's got a record that suggests a grappling advantage and he's training at Kings MMA.

I'm betting that if you had all the tape of Cenci the line would definitely not look like it does now. You can be 7ft tall at 125 doesn't mean it is an advantage.
Gunnar
Gunnar

09.26.2022 | 11:40 PM ET

I think have it be so vague and broad at the top of the record is too much, as people have no idea if it is one fight, is it multiple fights, how specific is it to them, is it just a shady promotion with this practice etc.

I understand it is somewhat elaborate in the message, but I think it's important to be as specific as possible. Refer to the promotion and say specifically x promotion has had a history of x, therefore...

If you leave it broad, it really opens up the scope to speculate.
Gunnar
Gunnar

09.26.2022 | 11:43 PM ET

Also he fought in October 2021, so less than one year ago. Not three.
Rah123
Rah123

09.27.2022 | 12:43 AM ET

PrisonMike

There is always room in my cell for you homie

bt1958
bt1958
  • Predictions:  1,850  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  50
  • Post Score: 72

09.27.2022 | 1:34 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 5 Winners, 1 Perfect, 345 Points   |   Tied for 188th

Nickal vs. Beard
Bo Nickal, SUB, R2
Nickal is a major wrestling machine

Patterson vs. Cenci
Sam Patterson, DEC
patterson is long but cenci....is live

Linares vs. Jenkins
Jack Jenkins, TKO, R3
jenkins is gonna sleep linares

"Some days...you are the pigeon....and some days you are the statute "

Anal*******
Anal*******
  • Predictions:  1,906  |  62.7%
  • Forum Posts:  232
  • Post Score: -122

09.27.2022 | 3:48 AM ET

Predictions: 1 of 1 Winners, 1 Perfect, 100 Points   |   Tied for 1229th

Bo Nickal should win this, he will be met with some resistance, but it won't be anyhting he can't overcome. He will pose NIGHTMARE matchups for the division. Especially guys like Izzy, Pereira and Strickland. Bo is a multiple time WORLD champion, if he can put it all together in MMA. Look tf out.
This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 7 months, 1 week, 1 day, 23 hours, and 49 minutes from now.
FireFist45
FireFist45
  • Predictions:  5,870  |  58.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,137
  • Post Score: 163

09.27.2022 | 5:44 AM ET

The HYPE is REAL....

Predictions: 3 of 5 Winners, 1 Perfect, 230 Points   |   Tied for 910th

until Bo Nickal fights some real competition !!!  

so enjoy the fodder in the beginning.  The UFC will need to pad his record a bit to put the marketing machine behind him.

this is the time to make money!! 

Page 4

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : PFL MENA 1 lineup announced
  • Bad Left Hook : Predictions: Will Jose Ramirez and Vergil Ortiz Jr shine on Saturday?
  • MMA Mania : Meet PFL’s Latest Flyweight Signing, Melissa Balic!
  • Jits Magazine : Elijah Dorsey To Challenge Max Hanson For Welterweight Title At Enigma Invitational 15
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Buckley Lands UFC St. Louis Co-Main Vs. Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 Odds, Under Dogs And Best Bets!
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Just continue being the best’: Crawford looks forward to upcoming title fight with Madrimov
  • MMA Mania : Doumbe Gets New Opponent For Bellator Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Terence Crawford vs. Israil Madrimov official; Isaac Cruz, Andy Ruiz Jr. on undercard
  • Middle Easy : Chris Weidman Compares Alex Pereira’s Wrestling To Ben Askren’s Striking: ‘Such A Deficiency’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Step In The Fire With Pereira And He Knows That’
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau done with Manel Kape bookings, focused on title shot after UFC on ESPN 55 headliner
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight card: Perry vs. Alves
  • Middle Easy : ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone Tears Bicep ‘Off the Bone’ While Preparing to Ride Dana White’s Prized Bull
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Spann claims he hasn't watched tape on Bogdan Guskov ahead of UFC on ESPN 55 co-main bout
  • MMA Mania : Keep $300K Bonuses! ‘It Can’t Go Back’
  • MMAFighting.com : Joaquin Buckley vs. Nursulton Ruziboev announced for UFC St. Louis co-headliner
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley gets UFC on ESPN 56 co-main assignment vs. Nursulton Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : Pereira = ... Askren? ‘It’s Weird To See’
  • MMAFighting.com : Cain Velasquez attempted murder trial set to begin in September