Topic: Contender Series 2022

Contender Series 2022: Week 3

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  32,996
  • Post Score: 47

05.17.2022 | 4:17 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
Contender Series 2022
  • Tuesday 08.09.2022 at 08:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN+
  • Promotion: Dana White's Contender Series
  • Ownership:
  • Venue: UFC APEX
  • Enclosure: Cage
  • TV Announcers: Laura Sanko, Michael Bisping, Dan Hellie
  • Ring Announcer: Justin Bernard
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Laura Sanko
  • MMA Bouts: 5
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Bo Nickal   defeats   Zack Borrego   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   1:02 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Jamal Pogues   defeats   Paulo Renato Jr.   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Erik Silva   defeats   Anvar Boynazarov   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   1:32 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Clayton Carpenter   defeats   Edgar Cháirez   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Karolina Wójcik   defeats   Sandra Lavado   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 34

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,544
  • Post Score: 262

08.10.2022 | 5:52 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 5 Winners, 1 Perfect, 305 Points   |   Tied for 144th

It still stupid, He **** his opponent up in a minute, what the point of the show, if you don’t sign him, you can’t win more impresive then Nickles did

I don’t know anything about his opponent, but if his opponent is that ****, why put him on the show, It’s no excuse to not sign him, UFC matchmaker fault not Bo fault

* Edited at 08.10.2022, 5:56 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

ZoomerBet
ZoomerBet
  • Predictions:  2,962  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,135
  • Post Score: 269

08.10.2022 | 5:56 PM ET

@random I agree, Hunter Campbell talking to him 1-on-1 after the show tells you everything you need to know. Bo is the future of 185 and they're going to take their time to groom him for success. I'll trust the UFC judgement when it comes to building prospects. Using someone for attention is literally the point of fight promotion, and they will continue to use him once he is is signed, albeit for better pay.

* Edited at 08.10.2022, 5:57 PM ET *

"Excuse me guys, I want to say something. I want to stay humble, but I have to talk because you guys talk too much"

Hasbulla
Hasbulla
  • Predictions:  2  |  50.0%
  • Forum Posts:  10
  • Post Score: 360

08.10.2022 | 6:02 PM ET

@random knowledge There’s a difference between thinking Bo is already signed with the UFC and thinking that he is in good standing with the UFC…

* Edited at 08.10.2022, 6:03 PM ET *

random knowledge
random knowledge
  • Predictions:  8,247  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,143
  • Post Score: 103

08.10.2022 | 9:39 PM ET

His manager already said they have an agreement. Maybe it's not an official UFC contract but it's some for of a developmental deal. Just look at how they are promoting him and the comments Bisping was making before Bo even won the fight. Honestly its clear as day if you're paying attention.

@Zoomer thank you it seems quite obvious to some of us especially if you listened to Bo's manager talking about him. They are handling his build slowly and the Contender Series is nothing but some early promotion for him.
ZoomerBet
ZoomerBet
  • Predictions:  2,962  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,135
  • Post Score: 269

08.10.2022 | 9:59 PM ET

They did sign William Knight to a similar deal where he fought 3 times in CES before officially joining the roster. I would actually like the idea of DWCS doing more 2-fight deals, they did it with Borralho last year and IMO he was one of the top 3 guys from the season. More experience doesn't hurt and they still pay better than the regional shows. 

"Excuse me guys, I want to say something. I want to stay humble, but I have to talk because you guys talk too much"

Page 34

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Elijah Dorsey To Challenge Max Hanson For Welterweight Title At Enigma Invitational 15
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Buckley Lands UFC St. Louis Co-Main Vs. Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 Odds, Under Dogs And Best Bets!
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Just continue being the best’: Crawford looks forward to upcoming title fight with Madrimov
  • MMA Mania : Doumbe Gets New Opponent For Bellator Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Terence Crawford vs. Israil Madrimov official; Isaac Cruz, Andy Ruiz Jr. on undercard
  • Middle Easy : Chris Weidman Compares Alex Pereira’s Wrestling To Ben Askren’s Striking: ‘Such A Deficiency’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Step In The Fire With Pereira And He Knows That’
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau done with Manel Kape bookings, focused on title shot after UFC on ESPN 55 headliner
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight card: Perry vs. Alves
  • Middle Easy : ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone Tears Bicep ‘Off the Bone’ While Preparing to Ride Dana White’s Prized Bull
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Spann claims he hasn't watched tape on Bogdan Guskov ahead of UFC on ESPN 55 co-main bout
  • MMA Mania : Keep $300K Bonuses! ‘It Can’t Go Back’
  • MMAFighting.com : Joaquin Buckley vs. Nursulton Ruziboev announced for UFC St. Louis co-headliner
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley gets UFC on ESPN 56 co-main assignment vs. Nursulton Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : Pereira = ... Askren? ‘It’s Weird To See’
  • MMAFighting.com : Cain Velasquez attempted murder trial set to begin in September
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo confirms UFC 301 final fight on contract, hints at boxing match at Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Run it back, give fans a fair fight’: Devin Haney on Ryan Garcia loss
  • UFC.com : Alexandre Pantoja | TUF Beginnings