Tapology Forums

Kick the ball in the ******* net: Tapology's football/soccer thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Hadrian Caesar
Hadrian Caesar
  • Predictions:  904  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,114
  • Post Score: 338

05.14.2022 | 8:19 AM ET

Thought about making this thread and received enough support to make it. So here it is. Any discussions on football whether fixtures, results, transfers, of field controversy and anything else can be discussed here. Either this thread will blow up since it is the most popular sport or the sport with the biggest ******* in the world on a website about combat sports will go about as well as Jose Mourinho's third season. 

To start the discussion who do you lot have in the FA cup final? I'm leaning Chelsea since they've snapped there poor form with a win against Leeds and Liverpool seem very fatigued with their congested fixture list 

"Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant never taste of death but once." - Julius Caesar.

Responses Page 2

Taybazza04
Taybazza04
  • Predictions:  19,185  |  68.1%
  • Forum Posts:  4,988
  • Post Score: 128

05.16.2022 | 12:20 PM ET

I have all my games and ps2 somewhere too lol 
Taybazza04
Taybazza04
  • Predictions:  19,185  |  68.1%
  • Forum Posts:  4,988
  • Post Score: 128

05.16.2022 | 12:20 PM ET

I miss old fifa like fodda 09- 15 it was way better then 
Fremen
Fremen
  • Predictions:  1,368  |  64.5%
  • Forum Posts:  3,579
  • Post Score: 218

05.16.2022 | 12:31 PM ET

Fifa was one of those games that used to teleport me into other spheres. I was in a zone of pure joy. Could repeat the same ******* plays and leagues over and over again, but the atmosphere it had (fifa 09) was something else. Tracklist, animations, carrier mode, design. I played some PES 2009 after my fifa CD broke, but it wasnt even close. I just realized that Ill probably buy fifa 09 online so I can feel it again. 

"****."

Hadrian Caesar
Hadrian Caesar

05.16.2022 | 3:11 PM ET

Last fifa i played had wayne rooney on the cover and Bolton in the prem. Hoping the end of the EA stranglehold will make the games innovative again and they may draw me away from football manager 

"Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant never taste of death but once." - Julius Caesar.

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

05.16.2022 | 3:23 PM ET

My first football game.

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

Cheeseball
Cheeseball
  • Predictions:  13,293  |  71.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,943
  • Post Score: 247

05.16.2022 | 3:26 PM ET

Funny you made this thread. I've been thinking about getting into football recently. Any fun teams to follow?

"🌽⚽️"

Cheeseball
Cheeseball

05.16.2022 | 3:27 PM ET

Here's my first football game btw lol.

"🌽⚽️"

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

05.16.2022 | 3:29 PM ET

@Cheeseball Thats American rugby, yeah you should support Liverpool or Celtic, best teams eva.... My friends will say Chelsea or Manchester United but screw them

* Edited at 05.16.2022, 3:32 PM ET *

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

Hadrian Caesar
Hadrian Caesar

05.16.2022 | 3:41 PM ET

@Cheese if we're talking premier league be a plastic and choose a top 6 club. And when i say top 6 basically just choose city or liverpool. Otherwise you're just asking for a pounding. I'm big on supporting local teams (which is one of two reasons i cheer on gosport ******* borough) but for you yanks it's a significant bit harder. You could do some random **** and find whatever place you live in in the US, find the english version (we share a ****load of place names) and choose the most supported team in that area. If you want something to look forward to choose newcastle, passionate fanbase with a rich history that just got bought by the richest football owner of all time who's gonna invest 100 million for every gay person he throws of a building. You wanna go hipster go brentford or brighton, two low budget teams that play fun attacking football and punch above their weight (though i should warn you second season syndrome is gonna hit brentford hard and brighton are ****** when Potter leaves.) If you hate football but want to watch it anyway choose what i call brexit teams (hard bruisers who would rather watch their nan get rammed than concede a goal or put on an entertaining game of football). These include Stoke, Burnely and Millwall. Honestly Bunrley is a good ****house pick especially if Joey Barton (footballs most renown thug) becomes their next manager. If you're thinking even more niche and want to go down the leagues a bit you've got Nottingham forest who have a great history including two champions leagues, Luton who have climbed from the 5th tier to the 2n at a staggering pace, Blackburn who have won the same amount of premier leagues as liverpool, Hull and Blackppol who have some of the best fans and recently shook ******* dreadful owners and millwall if you love hooliganism. You could be a neutral but i find having a team is great. I probably would've said Chelsea but the whole ownership debacle going on isn't likely to draw many new fans so go Newcastle. Or any other team i mentioned. Just avoid any team from north london, you don't need the pain 

Fremen
Fremen
  • Predictions:  1,368  |  64.5%
  • Forum Posts:  3,579
  • Post Score: 218

05.16.2022 | 3:44 PM ET

Or you can be a king and choose Real Madrid

"****."

Hadrian Caesar
Hadrian Caesar

05.16.2022 | 3:45 PM ET

And for ****s and gigs support wrexham. One of the oldest clubs in the world now owned by ryan rynolds and mac from it's always sunny

Hadrian Caesar
Hadrian Caesar

05.16.2022 | 3:45 PM ET

Or you can be a ****** and choose real madrid. The amount of english kids wearing a ******* benzema shirt hurts. 

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

05.16.2022 | 3:52 PM ET

@Cheeseball Go for West Ham United! My dads team

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

05.16.2022 | 3:57 PM ET

Skip to 1:50 for the solid hit

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

05.16.2022 | 3:59 PM ET

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

05.16.2022 | 4:00 PM ET

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

05.16.2022 | 4:01 PM ET

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

05.16.2022 | 4:03 PM ET

Man if my dads family had have stayed in England, I would have made an epic football hooligan. Im short, but short mans syndrome makes me even more determined.... Im not sure what teams are in Northumberland though

* Edited at 05.16.2022, 4:22 PM ET *

Cheeseball
Cheeseball

05.16.2022 | 4:11 PM ET

That's a lot to take in. I think I'll give it a few weeks before I find a team I really like. All I know rn is I really like Chelsea's logo ( they happen to be repping my favorite shade of my favorite color) but I'll definitely check out Newcastle and West Ham.

* Edited at 05.16.2022, 4:18 PM ET *

"🌽⚽️"

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

05.16.2022 | 4:23 PM ET

@Cheeseball NOOOOOOOOOO Man down! Man down! The true blues have brainwashed and claimed another soul

* Edited at 05.16.2022, 4:37 PM ET *

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Henry Cejudo: Bo Nickal needs to hold his horses, 'maybe 10 fights away from possibly becoming UFC champion'
  • MMA Mania : Frenemies? ‘I Hate To See A Fighter Lose His Confidence’
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 3 weigh-in results: Welterweights, featherweights set in Chicago
  • MMA Mania : ‘When I Was Your Age, I Already Had Title Defenses, Buddy’
  • MMAFighting.com : Haney vs. Garcia fight card
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Belal Muhammad Claims He ‘Hates Leon Edwards’ Guts,’ Hopes To Dethrone The Welterweight King In Manchester
  • Middle Easy : Jorge Masvidal Says He’s ‘Definitely’ Returning To UFC, Wants Logan Paul Or Floyd Mayweather Jr In Boxing After Nate Diaz
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Suggests Herb Dean Played a Part in Jamahal Hill’s UFC 300 Loss, ‘Big’ John McCarthy Responds
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway responds to the 'un-BMF' demands from UFC champ Ilia Topuria
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Eddie Hearn says things about to get real for Ryan Garcia
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Hearn says things about to get real for Garcia
  • MMA Mania : PFL Chicago Weigh Ins Results, Staredowns!
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Relive every win of Conor McGregor’s epic UFC career
  • MMA Junkie : Sean Strickland vs. Paulo Costa: Odds and what to know ahead of UFC 302 co-headliner
  • MMA Mania : No Foul Play! ‘The Cutman Used A Boxing Technique’
  • MMAFighting.com : PFL 3 weigh-in video
  • MMAFighting.com : PFL 3 weigh-in video, results
  • MMA Junkie : PFL Chicago fight week vlog 3: Fighters explore the city ahead of fight night
  • MMAFighting.com : Kamaru Usman questions how much Max Holloway’s eye pokes altered outcome of Justin Gaethje fight
  • MMA Junkie : PFL Week 3 predictions: Who are our unanimous picks at welterweight, featherweight in Chicago?