Tapology Forums

MMA news updates

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  15,811  |  67.4%
  • Forum Posts:  31,957
  • Post Score: 87

05.02.2022 | 2:16 PM ET

Instead of spamming the boards everytime I see some cool news, I’ll post it here. I’ll also keep track of prospects I like, new signings to ufc/dwcs/Bellator/etc.

* Edited at 05.02.2022, 4:44 PM ET *

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

Page 345

DrChaotic
DrChaotic
  • Predictions:  6,200  |  70.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,242
  • Post Score: 71

01.29.2023 | 8:52 AM ET

No ******* **** most of the roster won’t ever be champion, reread what I said. Commenting before fully reading everything is a casual activity. And no, he lost 2 fights. 30-27 Assassin Baby, never forget. He’s not an Albazi or a Taira type where we don’t know how good they are, we saw him lose to 2 top contenders already 
This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 8 months, 1 week, 5 days, 18 hours, and 55 minutes from now.
AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

01.29.2023 | 9:44 AM ET

Relax

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,536
  • Post Score: 262

01.29.2023 | 2:28 PM ET

I find it annoying when fighter **** on the skills of fighter they find boring, Instead of just saying that they find it boring, Like Belal be my example, Just call him boring and say the reason why he sucks, instead of making up ******** reason, becuase Anyone who top 5 at welterweight is a good fighter 

Askar beat Pantoja like a year ago, I think he could become champion, losing to the ******* champion of the division in a close fight shouldnt be criticised,  this is not boxing where losing once is the end of his career, The champion lost 5 or 6 time already, People improve,

* Edited at 01.29.2023, 2:32 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

danromanick
danromanick
  • Predictions:  1,810  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  2,925
  • Post Score: 92

01.29.2023 | 2:49 PM ET

I swear some of these contender series results are weird af. You got dudes like Jordan Williams beating Robocop, and now, it looks like Julia Polastri might actually have a better UFC career than Jasmine Jasudavicius when Jasmine kind of beat up Polastri
danromanick
danromanick

01.29.2023 | 2:53 PM ET

Oh and then you have Muin Gafurov who lost to Chad Anheliger. Gafurov has a way higher ceiling than Anheliger
AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

01.29.2023 | 3:02 PM ET

Part of the reason Polastri got destroyed on dwcs is because she is a SW and went up a weight class to fight a wrestler who is big for FLW. Polastri really isn’t that bad. As for Muin I’ve heard he was injured and also sick when he took that fight. I don’t know how true that is but he’s looked really good since then so maybe that was an off night 

DrChaotic
DrChaotic

01.29.2023 | 3:57 PM ET

And I find it annoying when people defend cowards that run away from the sport for no good reason. Askar literally just punked out the UFC and robbed the fans of the chance to see him go up against the best in the world, all because he was probably salty he took his first (actually second) L. Imagine if Ankalaev did this **** after arguably beating Jan. People would be way more pissed. We've already seen Askarov lose to the top guys (very recently unlike with Ank) so who gives a **** about him? Stop trying to make him seem like a good fighter, cause he's not. Anyone in the top 5 of any division can be a champion (with some exceptions) but I don't know why'd you want to fool yourself into thinking a dude that ran off to crush cans in Russia is champ material. If you think that highly of him, then you should be cursing yourself because that "potential champion" is never gonna realize that potential cause he decided to fake an illness to go fight easier competition. Don't know why you'd want to praise a dude like that and overexaggerate his skills. I'm doing the opposite cause he ran away, there's no point in bigging him up unless you're just that big of an ACA fan 

* Edited at 01.29.2023, 4:10 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 8 months, 1 week, 5 days, 18 hours, and 55 minutes from now.
DrChaotic
DrChaotic

01.29.2023 | 4:00 PM ET

its not a big deal, I dont hate Askar or think he's trash. I'm just gonna suck his **** and say he's a potential champ when he ****** off to Russia (after lying about being sick btw). Dude is wasted potential so "what ifs" dont matter. The last thing anyone will remember about him is he lost to KKF and deservedly so. I don't understand why ANYONE would choose ACA over the UFC, but even if his reasons are good he's still wasting his career
danromanick
danromanick

01.29.2023 | 4:03 PM ET

The problem I have Askar is that he was hyped up to be this "Khabib of the flyweights" when he is about the same level if not worse than the top of flyweight division
baremaras
baremaras
  • Predictions:  3,102  |  71.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,757
  • Post Score: -18

01.29.2023 | 4:16 PM ET

based on your logic ismagulov is also a coward?

lost to arman and then instantly retired citing health reasons (much like askar did) and now he's on instagram talking about coming back, past lucrative offers he's gotten from other organizations etc etc

obviously these people are not cowards, they're looking out for themselves and doing what's best for them. askarov finnessed his way out of his ufc contract because he was on a dirt cheap 10k/10k contract and only making 20k per fight which is ridiculously insulting money to be making as a top 5 guy

* Edited at 01.29.2023, 4:20 PM ET *

jrscolwell
jrscolwell
  • Predictions:  46,389  |  64.1%
  • Forum Posts:  774
  • Post Score: 149

01.29.2023 | 4:20 PM ET

At the end of the day, these are prizefighters with very short windows of opportunity to make money. I don't blame them for taking whatever option pays them the most, I blame the UFC for not being willing to pay what's needed to make the best fight the best
DrChaotic
DrChaotic

01.29.2023 | 4:25 PM ET

Ismagulov is different. He hasn't been released so I'm sure he's posting offers as a way to make the UFC pay up. And if he did dip, then yeah he kinda is a coward ngl. The UFC will always be at fault for not paying these guys what they deserve, but not once have I heard Askarov complain about fighter pay, and I don't particularly rate ACA as "good guys". Sure they might pay him more, but it's not like he finessed the evil corporate giant of MMA to go fight for a good noble promotion
DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,536
  • Post Score: 262

01.29.2023 | 4:36 PM ET

Bro, No one even is sucking his ****, I'm just not gonna lie to **** on his skills either, Shouldn't put personal felling into skill talk, Fighter skill is facts,  I think he a solid top 10 or top 5 guy,  Askar is a good fighter, Most likely not great, But good, You can't be a bum and beat Pantoja, And have good fights with Kai and Moreno,

Also, Anyone who steps in a UFC cage isn't a coward, It pisses me off when "fan" call them cowards while they sit in they're armchair, It a sport where they fight another man half nakek

"Quack quack quack"

baremaras
baremaras

01.29.2023 | 4:40 PM ET

i don't think even askar himself would argue that this was all him taking a moral stance against the ufc, it all comes down to his own personal benefit and how he could get the maximum amount of money regardless of who's giving it to him

i don't blame him one bit, you can check some of his fights and the disclosed earnings he had for those fights, the dude was literally on a 10k/10k contract which is just absurd on so many levels

also I think a big reason why a lot of these guys like askarov do not really complain about the money, aside from the fact that there is a huuuuuge language barrier, is the fact that they're on suuper long contracts. the ufc hates doing 1, 2 or 3 fight contracts and instead opts for 5, 6 or more fights on fighters' contracts. that means they very rarely get to experience free agency and very rarely get to see big offers from other organizations so they don't really know what the landscape is like, basically imprisoned inside their own contracts

* Edited at 01.29.2023, 4:44 PM ET *

DrChaotic
DrChaotic

01.29.2023 | 5:28 PM ET

The thing I hate is when MMA “fans” (casuals) can’t **** and accept other people’s opinions. State your thoughts and move on, stop trying to disprove me. Youre arguing for nothing and it’s extremely stupid. 

Bare, while I do see your point and agree with your sentiment, I simply do not rate Askar for taking this route. I don’t dislike him or think he’s a **** fighter, and I completely agree with his choice from a personal benefit standpoint, but as a fan of the sport, I can’t help but lose a bit of respect for him. 

Tbh this is all the UFCs fault at the end of the day, if they weren’t cheap bastards we wouldn’t have these problems and all the best would be here fighting each other. Good on Askar for getting his bag, I just think it was a bit of a **** move to pretend to be sick and weasel out of a contract, but then again all of Danas moves are **** moves, so who cares. 
DrChaotic
DrChaotic

01.29.2023 | 5:30 PM ET

Anyway I’m done with this topic. I don’t gaf about Askarov or what he does, if he’s getting paid more than good for him 
AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

01.29.2023 | 6:27 PM ET

Dan ige just tweeted out saying he’s fighting thug nasty at 168 lbs. didn’t list a date but given it’s at catchweight it’s gotta be soon. I’m assuming it’s either a last minute fight for 284, or one of the big March events 

baremaras
baremaras

01.29.2023 | 7:09 PM ET

Genuinely one of the weirdest and most random bookings ever
DrChaotic
DrChaotic

01.29.2023 | 7:47 PM ET

Why? Just… why? The matchup makes sense but why at a catchweight and why so abruptly out of nowhere? Also told y’all the Mitchell retirement wouldn’t last 
Mikey1903
Mikey1903
  • Predictions:  48,754  |  73.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,106
  • Post Score: 300

01.29.2023 | 8:15 PM ET

168?????  Is that a typo????  Even for short notice that's over a 20lbs jump from usual fight weight. 
You sure it isn't some grappling match?? 

"Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe ****! "

Page 345

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : PFL 3 Results: Koreshkov vs. Umalatov
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: ‘I Decide Who, When, And Where’
  • MMA Mania : Muhammad Goes Off On Edwards And ‘Fakest Team I’ve Ever Seen’
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Garcia has skill set to compete with Devin Haney. Does he have mindset?
  • MMAFighting.com : Max Holloway mocks Ilia Topuria’s demands for potential fight; Topuria responds
  • MMA Junkie : Henry Cejudo: Bo Nickal needs to hold his horses, 'maybe 10 fights away from possibly becoming UFC champion'
  • MMA Mania : Frenemies? ‘I Hate To See A Fighter Lose His Confidence’
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 3 weigh-in results: Welterweights, featherweights set in Chicago
  • MMA Mania : ‘When I Was Your Age, I Already Had Title Defenses, Buddy’
  • MMAFighting.com : Haney vs. Garcia fight card
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Belal Muhammad Claims He ‘Hates Leon Edwards’ Guts,’ Hopes To Dethrone The Welterweight King In Manchester
  • Middle Easy : Jorge Masvidal Says He’s ‘Definitely’ Returning To UFC, Wants Logan Paul Or Floyd Mayweather Jr In Boxing After Nate Diaz
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Suggests Herb Dean Played a Part in Jamahal Hill’s UFC 300 Loss, ‘Big’ John McCarthy Responds
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway responds to the 'un-BMF' demands from UFC champ Ilia Topuria
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Eddie Hearn says things about to get real for Ryan Garcia
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Hearn says things about to get real for Garcia
  • MMA Mania : PFL Chicago Weigh Ins Results, Staredowns!
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Relive every win of Conor McGregor’s epic UFC career
  • MMA Junkie : Sean Strickland vs. Paulo Costa: Odds and what to know ahead of UFC 302 co-headliner
  • MMA Mania : No Foul Play! ‘The Cutman Used A Boxing Technique’