Tapology Forums

I’m an putrid, foul, disgusting *************. I’m also out of shape.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Sabbath
Sabbath
  • Predictions:  1,868  |  63.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,437
  • Post Score: 239

04.28.2022 | 1:34 AM ET

I’ve asked my coach today his honest opinion on whether or not I’m ready to compete. He said technique wise I was ready, but health wise I’ve let myself go and he’s right. I want to make the excuse that it’s a matter of my personal life that’s gotten in the way of consistently working out (which is partially true) but in reality, I’m just ******* lazy. 

I’m gonna dedicate this forum to me working out for the next several months until my kickboxing fight this year. I’ll be documenting my workout regimen every day, leaving a post of my progress. My goal is to look like this:

None of you have to give a **** about any of this, this forum is entirely for me, though discussion and conversation is welcomed and appreciated. 

* Edited at 04.28.2022, 1:35 AM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 2 months, 2 weeks, 2 days, 4 hours, and 34 minutes from now.

Responses

Fremen
Fremen
  • Predictions:  1,368  |  64.5%
  • Forum Posts:  3,579
  • Post Score: 218

04.28.2022 | 1:38 AM ET

something refreshing to the forum, nice idea

"****."

Moorlady
Moorlady

04.28.2022 | 1:44 AM ET

You can do this, @Sabbath!
DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,544
  • Post Score: 262

04.28.2022 | 2:42 AM ET

If you want any workout advice or fitness advice, I'm you guy, 

Best advice is leave you ego at the door, proper technique is number 1 and doing a good amount of reps is number 2, How heavy the weight is number 3

And another thing is muscle is built in the gym and made in the kitchen,Eat well

And walking alot is the easiest way to lose weight

* Edited at 04.28.2022, 2:50 AM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

04.28.2022 | 3:02 AM ET

@Duck kickboxers/muay thai guys pretty much train for endurance, not strength. They don't do a lot in the weight room. Lots of resistance training.

There's a couple of MT guys from NTG that train near  where I live on this really nasty ass hill, really steep. They just jog up and down in carrying a light (?) bag until they basically collapse. It's pretty brutal after a while especially in summer. Saw one guy projectile vomit halfway through a sesh one time, it was pretty gnarly.
WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

04.28.2022 | 7:18 AM ET

@Sabbath As Baldric said, do you live near any decent hills or mountainous areas? Hill sprints/jogs are literally one of the very best exercises ever, they have been and still are a big part of my life. Do sets of up to 10 to start, work up to 15 or 20 over time... You can do sprints on flat land too, add in sets of push ups and squats in between and shadow boxing/kicking, really get a hill if you can though. Running long distance or jogging is important too for long duration cardio, but just walking long distances is a good conditioner for your body in itself, and more easy going so you can go far. Also shadow box as much as you can, warm up and get a sweat going, or start very lightly, do 1000 right straights, 1000 right uppercuts, 1000 left jabs, 1000 left middle kicks etc, you can work towards winning your fight all the time, not just in gym. Do combinations too. But shadow box with fluid technique not being too forceful, with good technique the power comes naturally. Also try a ketogenic diet, try to lower the amount of starchy wheaty carbs you intake, or carbs in general and it will help you lose weight a lot. Try to aim for mostly vegetables and meat/fish, some berries and dark chocolate for treat cravings. Its hard but worth it. A small amount of carbs is ok.  Work towards OMAD (one meal a day) and that will have alot of weight loss and general health benefits, and save some food money. In the developed world many many people often eat too often, less is much more in terms of good health. Also a pull up bar is a must, become great friends with a pull up bar, just hang from it and work towards 1 rep 4 reps 8 reps etc... I used to be able to do 50 push ups in a minute and 20 to 30 pull ups without a break, trying to work back to that myself, I had some issues and let myself go too... Always hard getting back to where you were but a worthy pursuit. I was in damn good shape before, maxing out hill sprints a few times a week, and doing martial arts sessions, I used to get chest pains.... Wish I made more of it/fought in more tournaments or styles... Well hoping I still have it in me. I live literally on a great big hill so I have no excuses time to grind it more.... Oh also, swimming and cycling are good ones, if theres a pool or bike machine gym nearby, maybe you have a bicycle either... Mix it up anyway, try all different workouts, but make hill sprints one of your core ones and you will go far.

* Edited at 04.28.2022, 9:57 AM ET *

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

04.28.2022 | 7:57 AM ET

@Sabbath Oh damn you have a wife and newborn kid! So it will be harder to get in shape when you have such commitments, but do what you can. Hill sprints are very time effective, your in and out fast, hard workout and push done. Running long distances or other stuff not as time effective. And not as much of a rush.

* Edited at 04.28.2022, 8:00 AM ET *

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

Sabbath
Sabbath

04.28.2022 | 12:54 PM ET

Update

For the couple of you asking about my exercising, I already have a list of reps in mind. It’s the same ones I’ve been doing for the past couple years with some extra stuff:

Arms:
Regular Push-ups
Pylometric Push-ups (hand claps)
Diamond Push-ups
One Arm Push-ups
Incline Push-ups 
Decline Push-ups
Shoulder Presses
Halos
- 20 Sec Each, 4 Reps, 10 Sec Break in between each exercise

Core:
Leg Raises
Leg Scissors
Mountain Climbers
High Arch Plank
Oblique Twists
Oblique Lifts (upper obliques)
Ultraman (back muscles)
- 30 Sec Each, 4 Reps, 10 Sec Break after each rep

Legs:
Goblet Squats (Squatting while holding a weight to my chest)
Warrior Lunges (Lunging from one side of the room to the other while lifting and holding a weight)
Jumping Squats
Jumping Lunges
Frog Hops
- 30 Sec Each, 4 Reps, 20 Sec Break after each rep
End it with a Wall Sit

Cardio:
Fartlek (A cycle of jogging for ten seconds and then running at full speed for ten seconds non-stop)
Dynamite Burpees (Bursting into a jump squat and then down into a burpee with a push-up)
Hard Shadowboxing (Literally trying to kill the air)
- Length varies depending on goal at the time 

Afterwards, I go to the gym. I used to be able to do five reps of arms and core, and six leg reps, but time and laziness has broken me down so I gotta head back to square one. Also, been meaning to incorporate ‘Sandbag’ workouts into the routine as well.

* Edited at 04.28.2022, 12:54 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 2 months, 2 weeks, 2 days, 4 hours, and 34 minutes from now.
loudenSwain
loudenSwain
  • Predictions:  15,071  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,313
  • Post Score: 283

04.28.2022 | 1:17 PM ET

That slap of reality and moment of realization before the work is worth every prayer you’ve ever prayed. Haha. From first hand. 

I still struggle with motivation for cardio and leg days. I wish I could say I didn’t. 

"This is Prize-Fighting, IDGAF about your family or your problems - MassaBruce"

Sabbath
Sabbath

04.28.2022 | 5:25 PM ET

Day 1

**** was rough.

Due to my scrawny ass noodle arms I was unable to do one-arm push-ups for more than two sets, and by the final set I had reduced myself to doing knee pushups like a *****. I feel like a man who pees sitting down. Finished my sets and went to legs and realized I wasn’t going to be able to do any leaps or jumps because of my foot injury from my last sparring session. Thought the nerves had cleared up by now, but no, so I just did the first two workouts for four sets until I could barely walk. Currently staring at the ceiling fan while typing this, prepping for my core workout, all while realizing how badly shaped I’ve become…

Meh.

First days are always the hardest anyway. I’ll be bench pressing prostitutes by the end of the week. Off to do Mountain Climbers!

******* hate Mountain Climbers.
FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke
  • Predictions:  29,508  |  80.7%
  • Forum Posts:  4,550
  • Post Score: 236

04.28.2022 | 5:59 PM ET

It's cool that you're doing a kickboxing match later this year, best of luck dude!

"Throughout my career I've learned that "If you win you're the ****, if you lose it's bad." - Bruno "Blindadao" Silva"

Sabbath
Sabbath

04.28.2022 | 6:32 PM ET

Appreciate it, thanks you guys for being supportive, I’m trying my best 
DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,544
  • Post Score: 262

04.29.2022 | 12:38 AM ET

Bro you should add dips to your workout

"Quack quack quack"

Moorlady
Moorlady

04.29.2022 | 2:59 AM ET

Bro, you should add interpretive dancing to your workout.
Fremen
Fremen

04.29.2022 | 4:26 AM ET

bro you should add music to your workout 

"****."

Moorlady
Moorlady

04.29.2022 | 6:35 AM ET

And cute outfits!!!
Sabbath
Sabbath

04.29.2022 | 2:07 PM ET

Day 2

Couldn’t sleep this morning. Got up at 5:30AM and started jogging. Despite it being in the middle of spring, it was 29d out there. I hadn’t even bothered to grab a coat and it is so ******* cold it could freeze the balls off a ******* polar bear. Jogging got boring rather quick because I never gas from jogging, could seriously do it for hours, so I started doing ‘Fartlek’. I used to be able to do five whole minutes of it, now I’m down to barely three. My goal is to be able to do it for twenty-five minutes. 

I will aim for six minutes tomorrow. 

Also, decided that if I wanted a stronger, better build, I should consult a nutritionist, because my knowledge is very limited. So, I contacted high level regional fighter Adli Edwards, who’s gym specializes is conditioning. I’ll be setting up the week I’ll be getting to see him and understand my body better. 

* Edited at 04.29.2022, 2:08 PM ET *

loudenSwain
loudenSwain
  • Predictions:  15,071  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,313
  • Post Score: 283

04.29.2022 | 2:20 PM ET

Add lots of crazy sex to your workout also

"This is Prize-Fighting, IDGAF about your family or your problems - MassaBruce"

Moorlady
Moorlady

04.29.2022 | 2:42 PM ET

Plank cunnilingus.
Fremen
Fremen

04.29.2022 | 3:02 PM ET

have you thought of buying a book, not necessarily paper one, about how to eat to get certain goals accomplished? 

"****."

Sabbath
Sabbath

04.29.2022 | 3:12 PM ET

adrndc11

I already have a couple. Most obvious choices were ‘The Book of Five Rings’ and ‘Sun Tsu’s Art of War’ which are dope af, but other books consist of:

Thinking Fast & Slow by Daniel Kahnman
Kaizen by Masaaki Imai
The Sacred Journey of the Peaceful Warrior 
Kakusei-Mushin by Manaka Unsui

* Edited at 04.29.2022, 3:12 PM ET *

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : Adrien Broner vs Blair Cobbs official for June 7, WBC title fight on undercard
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping says he's down for Luke Rockhold trilogy fight – with a condition
  • Middle Easy : Anthony Smith Pitches For Alex Pereira Fight, Says He ‘Would Really Step In The Fire’ With ‘Poatan’
  • Middle Easy : Khabib Nurmagomedov Threatened to ‘Rip Up’ UFC Contract to Get His Friend a Fight
  • MMA Mania : What’s The Holdup?
  • MMAFighting.com : Michael Bisping would ‘100 percent’ have trilogy fight with Luke Rockhold in Karate Combat
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55's Bogdan Guskov still down for Anthony Smith fight despite 'friendly sparring'
  • Middle Easy : Jose Aldo Discusses UFC 301 Return And Boxing Match With Floyd Mayweather, Backs Conor McGregor To Finish Michael Chandler
  • Middle Easy : Leon Edwards’ Coach is ’99 Percent’ Certain the Belal Muhammad Fight Will Happen at UFC 304
  • UFC.com : Ryan Spann: Consistency Builds Confidence
  • MMA Junkie : Dan Hooker claps back at Renato Moicano: 'You're the easiest money I've ever seen in my life, you chinless scumbag'
  • MMAFighting.com : Devin Haney releases first statement since Ryan Garcia loss, Oscar De La Hoya responds
  • MMA Mania : Velasquez Headed To Trial In September
  • MMA Junkie : UFC veterans in MMA, boxing and bareknuckle action April 25-27
  • MMAFighting.com : Roundtable: Is BKFC Mike Perry one of the 10 biggest draws in combat sports?
  • MMA Mania : ‘Let’s Go, Colby!’
  • MMA Junkie : PFL MENA 1 lineup announced
  • Bad Left Hook : Predictions: Will Jose Ramirez and Vergil Ortiz Jr shine on Saturday?
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301 Almost Had ‘Scarface’ Vs. ‘Dominator’
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Zubaira Tukhugov reveals Khabib Nurmagomedov was ‘going to rip contract up’ if he didn’t fight at UFC 242