Topic: Enrique Barzola

Bellator 278

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

04.23.2022 | 12:08 AM ET

The comments on the broadcast before the fight were very awkward and disingenuous. First Thomson made it obvious he did not know about Barzola’s gas tank. They made it seem like losing two rounds before pulling off the comeback against Caldwell, especially after a long layoff, is something to be ashamed of. Listening to the talk leading up to the fight you would have thought Mikhailov was the UFC veteran with 17 victories. That being said Barzola was even the betting favorite. After the second round where one might argue a 10-8, they decided to even show the one highlight of Mikhailov. The fight was indeed a mismatch, but a mismatch for El Fuerte!
Enrique "El Fuerte" Barzola

Fighter Details

• Given Name: Enrique Jhonatan Barzola Acosta
  • Pro MMA Record: 20-8-2 (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: El Fuerte
  • Current Streak: 1 Loss
  • Last Fight: April 19, 2024 in PFL
  • Weight Class: Featherweight | Last Weigh-In: 146.0 lbs
  • Affiliation: American Kickboxing Academy
  • Height: 5'7" (170cm) | Reach: 70.0" (178cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $42,000 USD
  • Born: Lima, Peru
  • Fighting out of: Lima, Peru
  • Head Coach: Ivan Iberico
  • Other Coaches: Javier Mendez
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses

CheckLeftHook
CheckLeftHook
  • Predictions:  2,389  |  56.6%
  • Forum Posts:  5,968
  • Post Score: 172

04.23.2022 | 12:15 AM ET

honestly the main thing that makes me not want to watch Bellator cards is their on-air talent for commentary, analysis and ring announcers. I can pretty much tolerate everything else, even their awkward fights with obviously terrible matchmaking because let's not pretend the UFC doesn't have those either.

"🏴 No Quarter Given 🏴"

Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

04.23.2022 | 12:51 AM ET

I don’t want to be negative but Thomson and McCarthy are very difficult to listen too. With all the aspiring broadcast talent in the MMA world, I’m surprised they haven’t given anyone else a shot recently. Maybe I missed something that explains this. Either way I usually don’t listen to the broadcast. 
AnthonyBrancato
AnthonyBrancato
  • Predictions:  9,809  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  642
  • Post Score: 58

05.15.2022 | 3:46 PM ET

How anyone can badmouth Big John is beyond me.

"MMA Fan Since Season 2 Of The Ultimate Fighter"

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,542
  • Post Score: 262

05.15.2022 | 4:39 PM ET

Anthony

Are you joking brother, Big John make Bellator unwatchable

"Quack quack quack"

Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

05.15.2022 | 6:13 PM ET

@anthony I’m not sure if you’re being sarcastic but I think he isn’t above criticism. As a commentator especially he could be much better because he makes it to much about himself in my opinion. 

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Star-Studded Lineup Confirmed For UFC Fight Pass Invitational 7
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 commentary team, broadcast plans set: New trio calls action from cageside for first time
  • MMAFighting.com : The 2024 MMA Draft: Which 35 fighters are the best building blocks for MMA promotions?
  • MMA Mania : Gaethje Didn’t Realize ‘How Much Danger I Was In’ Against Holloway
  • MMA Junkie : UFC returns to Manchester for UFC 304 on July 27
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 304 announced for Manchester this summer
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Ryan Garcia admits health concerns were all an act: ‘I was not gonna budge for nobody’
  • MMA Mania : Barber Was Ready To ‘Lay This Lady Out’ In Viral Video
  • MMA Junkie : Video: 'UFC on ESPN 55: Nicolau vs. Perez' media day live stream (2:45 p.m. ET)
  • UFC.com : UFC Makes Highly Anticipated Return To Manchester On July 27 With UFC 304
  • Middle Easy : ‘MMA Media Hates Me,’ Ronda Rousey Reacts To Career Backlash & ‘How Happily Everybody Turned’ On UFC Star
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: It PAYS To Be King
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Reveals His ‘Crazy’ Behavior Was a Publicity Stunt Planned Months in Advance
  • MMA Mania : ‘99.9%’ Chance Edwards Vs. Muhammad 2 Happens At UFC 304
  • MMA Junkie : The 10 largest UFC attendances in history
  • MMA Mania : ‘MMA Media Hates Me, It’s Fine’
  • Middle Easy : Jiri Prochazka Doubles Down On Callout For Alex Pereira Rematch At UFC 301: ‘I Think I Deserve It’
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Goes Off On Logan Paul For Child Trafficking Comments, Claims He Will ‘Destroy’ Paul In Boxing Match
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway's coach breaks down matchup against 'oversized bantamweight' Ilia Topuria
  • MMAFighting.com : Lyoto Machida ‘already breathing fire’ after Luke Rockhold callout, interested in Karate Combat rematch