Topic: PFL 4

PFL 4: 2022 Regular Season

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  32,814
  • Post Score: 47

03.21.2022 | 5:05 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
PFL 4
  • Friday 06.17.2022 at 07:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN | Prelims: ESPN+
  • Name: PFL 4: 2022 Regular Season
  • Also Known As: PFL: Collard vs. Martinez
  • Promotion: Professional Fighters League
  • Tapology Accounts: Dan Hardy  |  PFLMMA
  • Ownership:
  • Venue: Overtime Elite Arena
  • Enclosure: Cage
  • TV Announcers: Randy Couture, Sean O'Connell, Kenny Florian
  • Ring Announcer: Lilian Garcia
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Sean O'Connell
  • TV Ratings: 303,000 avg. viewers
  • MMA Bouts: 10
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Alex Martinez   defeats   Clay Collard   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Antônio Carlos Júnior   defeats   Bruce Souto   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Olivier Aubin-Mercier   defeats   Raush Manfio   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jeremy Stephens   defeats   Myles Price   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Omari Akhmedov   defeats   Teodoras Aukštuolis   via Submission, Arm Triangle Choke   2:50 Round 2 of 3, 7:50 Total Bout Page
Natan Schulte   defeats   Marcin Held   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Delan Monte   defeats   Emiliano Sordi   via KO/TKO, Punches   1:32 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Rob Wilkinson   defeats   Viktor Pešta   via KO/TKO, Punches   3:03 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Josh Silveira   defeats   Marthin Hamlet   via KO/TKO, Head Kick to Knees From the Clinch   3:27 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Nate Jennerman   defeats   Jake Childers   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   2:00 Round 2 of 3, 7:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 27

Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

06.18.2022 | 8:23 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 4 Perfect, 400 Points   |   Tied for 485th

The preliminaries were definitely not a waste of time. I still don’t see how the PFL is worse off than any other promotion when it comes to judging. 

Regardless if you think the main event was a robbery, it was a good fight. And while Collard has proven to be an entertaining fighter, Martinez has as well. 
WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

06.18.2022 | 9:24 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 445 Points   |   Tied for 310th

I dont think Sordi is a bum he already won the tournament so he may not be hungry anymore after winning over a million dollars... Same with Manfio, they need to let the made guys go and bring in new blood, Schulte still looks hungry... Whats up with these Brazilian judo background fighters who can throw hands ha

The 3rd round is just starting but im not sure I think Collard won the 1st and 2nd even with the late grappling in round 2 from Martinez.... Thats the biggest win so far for a Parguay fighter, even though he was made in Canada...

Yeah total robbery though.....

* Edited at 06.18.2022, 9:27 AM ET *

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

06.18.2022 | 9:30 AM ET

Aukstuolis won some big medals in sambo but his wrestling is really lacking.... Dagestan fighters will always have competant wrestling but he really submitted the top position to him didnt sprawl at all.... He should have let him stand after dropping him with jab, low IQ follow up, easy for me to say I know

* Edited at 06.18.2022, 9:31 AM ET *

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

06.18.2022 | 9:33 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 4 Perfect, 400 Points   |   Tied for 485th

Martinez lives and trains in Canada. He was made in Paraguay 🇵🇾 His dad is his coach and also has a fighting history 😉 
WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

06.18.2022 | 9:34 AM ET

Hamlet maybe is working his striking too much and got caught up against someone who grew up in an MMA gym and ATT at that.... Well Silveira is a wrestler too so maybe he is just too much, a solid prospect for sure

Rooting for Wilkinson to take that million back to Tasmania and start a Tasmanian Devil sanctuary

Stephens looks burnt out :(.... He went straight from UFC into PFL when I think he may need some rest and rehab..... Glad he got the win against someone I have heard is kind of a scummy character, but we all have our flaws too....

Carlos Junior looked ok but I still say let him go and give someone new a chance, he won the million plus already

Mercier for the million! Quebec and Canada could do with a huge win, maybe if Mercier wins they will legalise MMA again in Quebec, its alot of pressure, but can it create a diamond

Pesta has taken a few tko losses now, he really needs to figure something out.... Maybe he just has a bad chin and is fragile against heavy hitters, but his body looks like it could be sharper...

* Edited at 06.18.2022, 9:51 AM ET *

Hyrm
Hyrm
  • Predictions:  6,103  |  64.2%
  • Forum Posts:  3,250
  • Post Score: 190

06.18.2022 | 11:07 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 10 Winners, 4 Perfect, 595 Points   |   8th Place

fight were not very excitend yesterday. Good news is that Stephens didin't make it even with favorable match-up. Aubin mercier probably win the million if no injuries because he had a lot before.

"Never go down without a fight"

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick
  • Predictions:  9,727  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,777
  • Post Score: 273

06.18.2022 | 2:35 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 10 Winners, 3 Perfect, 530 Points   |   Tied for 44th with 21 others

PFL is garbage 

"For no particular reason beat up everyone"

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

06.18.2022 | 3:02 PM ET

^ Correct. Surely, life is too short to sit
 through 8500 tampon and dollar shave commercials to watch sub-bellator-tier bouts.

* Edited at 06.18.2022, 3:10 PM ET *

Page 27

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Muhammad Goes Off On Edwards And ‘Fakest Team I’ve Ever Seen’
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Garcia has skill set to compete with Devin Haney. Does he have mindset?
  • MMAFighting.com : Max Holloway mocks Ilia Topuria’s demands for potential fight; Topuria responds
  • MMA Junkie : Henry Cejudo: Bo Nickal needs to hold his horses, 'maybe 10 fights away from possibly becoming UFC champion'
  • MMA Mania : Frenemies? ‘I Hate To See A Fighter Lose His Confidence’
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 3 weigh-in results: Welterweights, featherweights set in Chicago
  • MMA Mania : ‘When I Was Your Age, I Already Had Title Defenses, Buddy’
  • MMAFighting.com : Haney vs. Garcia fight card
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Belal Muhammad Claims He ‘Hates Leon Edwards’ Guts,’ Hopes To Dethrone The Welterweight King In Manchester
  • Middle Easy : Jorge Masvidal Says He’s ‘Definitely’ Returning To UFC, Wants Logan Paul Or Floyd Mayweather Jr In Boxing After Nate Diaz
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Suggests Herb Dean Played a Part in Jamahal Hill’s UFC 300 Loss, ‘Big’ John McCarthy Responds
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway responds to the 'un-BMF' demands from UFC champ Ilia Topuria
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Eddie Hearn says things about to get real for Ryan Garcia
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Hearn says things about to get real for Garcia
  • MMA Mania : PFL Chicago Weigh Ins Results, Staredowns!
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Relive every win of Conor McGregor’s epic UFC career
  • MMA Junkie : Sean Strickland vs. Paulo Costa: Odds and what to know ahead of UFC 302 co-headliner
  • MMA Mania : No Foul Play! ‘The Cutman Used A Boxing Technique’
  • MMAFighting.com : PFL 3 weigh-in video
  • MMAFighting.com : PFL 3 weigh-in video, results