Tapology Forums

Who is the biggest headhunter in the UFC?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Hasbulla
Hasbulla
  • Predictions:  2  |  50.0%
  • Forum Posts:  10
  • Post Score: 360

03.16.2022 | 12:47 AM ET

Got into a debate with someone...
Which fighter throws the highest rate of his/her strikes to their opponent's head?

I've checked ufcstats.com and the ufc.com records and that's a metric that they don't record.

We've all seen the charts that they bring up during the fights showing the strike count and if they targeted the legs, body, or head. Is there somewhere where we can find that information?

Responses

CheckLeftHook
CheckLeftHook
  • Predictions:  2,351  |  56.7%
  • Forum Posts:  5,879
  • Post Score: 172

03.16.2022 | 1:23 AM ET

watching these last few cards it feels like it's 80-90% of the roster. It gets so boring seeing ****** boxing with maybe a leg kick here and there or something. just makes me wonder what do they do in all those hours of training, what are they practicing? is it really just this weird boxing ********? can't be right? i'd figure even the ****ties boxing coach you could afford would teach you to mix up your striking a bit

"🏴 No Quarter Given 🏴"

Hasbulla
Hasbulla
  • Predictions:  2  |  50.0%
  • Forum Posts:  10
  • Post Score: 360

03.16.2022 | 1:37 AM ET

I agree, CheckLeftHook. A lot of these fighters aren't defensively sound enough from a boxing standpoint to get as reckless as they sometimes do. My pick for the UFC's biggest headhunter was Sean Strickland in the argument I was referencing. But he can eat leg kicks like nothing and uses parrying and a shell defense better than anyone that I can think of in the UFC.
flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick
  • Predictions:  9,715  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,764
  • Post Score: 273

03.16.2022 | 12:02 PM ET

I think Derrick Lewis makes a good case, he does throw some odd strikes but that guy mostly is a right hand of doom and in reality most of his fights he just has a punchers chance. With 14 knockouts in the UFC and the leading record holder, he also has zero fights won by submission in his entire career. 

"For no particular reason beat up everyone"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC.com : Joaquin Buckley: ‘This Is The Reason I’m Here’
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’d love that fight’: Tszyu willing to face Spence next, talks fight with Fundora
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’d love that fight’: Tim Tszyu willing to face Errol Spence next, talks fight with Sebastian Fundora
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor scoffs at retirement: ‘It’s to the motherf****** grave’
  • MMA Mania : Whittaker: Chimaev Fight ‘Came Out Of Nowhere’
  • MMA Junkie : Why 2022 PFL welterweight champ Sadibou Sy moved to light heavyweight for upcoming season
  • MMAFighting.com : Robert Whittaker reacts to Khamzat Chimaev fight at UFC Saudi Arabia: ‘It’s a bit of a shock’
  • MMA Mania : GSP ‘Would Have Put Khabib Down’
  • MMAFighting.com : Logan Paul reveals he had ‘suicidal thoughts’ amid CryptoZoo scandal fallout: ‘I was spiraling’
  • UFC.com : The State Of UFC During UFC 100 And 200
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Not the smartest in the ring fighter’: Robert Garcia not convinced Rolly will beat Pitbull
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Not the smartest in the ring fighter’: Robert Garcia not convinced Rolando Romero will beat Isaac Cruz
  • UFC.com : Venum’s Adrenaline Fight Week Collection Is Changing The Game For Our Athletes
  • MMA Mania : Prospect Watch! Say Hello To Ernesto ‘Starboy’ Rodriguez
  • UFC.com : Vicente Luque: Expect Fireworks
  • MMA Mania : Aging Mac Will Fight Until He’s ‘Laid Out Flat’
  • Middle Easy : Georges St-Pierre Believes He ‘Would Have Beat’ Khabib in Rumored Superfight, Reveals His MMA GOATs
  • UFC.com : Erin Blanchfield Is Having A Full-Circle Moment
  • MMA Junkie : ONE 168 headlined by Stamp Fairtex vs. Jing Nan Xiong dual champion bout
  • MMAFighting.com : Dana White reveals story behind heated negotiation with UFC sponsor: ‘Take your money … shove it right up your ass’