Tapology Forums

TOP 30 FAN FAVORITE MMA FIGHTERS -RESULTS-

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner
  • Predictions:  9,964  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,398
  • Post Score: 283

03.15.2022 | 10:20 AM ET

HELLO FIGHT FANS!

Hope all is well. The results of the TOP 30 MMA Fan Favorite Fighters is up and the RESULTS ARE IN!

Thank you to those who volunteered their rankings. It was a great help.

I'll probably run this survey again in a few years so sub to the channel to keep in the loop with that to see how much things have

(Looks like the UFC doesn't understand what fair use is and "educational purposes" is. So sorry if you can't see it. I'm working on getting the suspension lifted, but it is public for everyone to view.)

**Reuploaded

* Edited at 03.15.2022, 1:37 PM ET *

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Bark Twain

Responses

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner

03.15.2022 | 12:18 PM ET

Reuploaded with the edited clip of the "copyrighted" part. ENJOY YOUR TOP

* Edited at 03.15.2022, 1:37 PM ET *

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Bark Twain

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner

03.15.2022 | 1:38 PM ET

GOD, I HATE COPYRIGHT ISSUES. Sorry, had to put a filter over the footage, but it looks like we finally got it working with NO ISSUES.

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,212  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,308
  • Post Score: 285

03.15.2022 | 10:39 PM ET

@hdmexiqtioner

That was an awesome video mate! The quality of it was much better than expected, I was expecting it to be just you listing names like a lot of these fan videos are so this was a much higher quality than expected! 

SPOILERS FOR THE VIDEO AHEAD

For me the main takeaways are:

• Robbie Lawler was only 30th
  • I'm very surprised to see that Israel Adesanya and Francis N'Gannou didn't make the cut. I know they have their critics but is their really that much hate for those guys?
  • I predicted that no woman would finish in the top 10 which I was right about I'd have never have guessed that Rose Namajunas would be the only woman to make the list! I'd have expected to see Valentina Shevchenko, Ronda Rousey and Amanda Nunes as well.
  • Petr Yan made the list but Aljamain Sterling didn't. It's obvious who the fans think the real UFC Bantamweight Champion is lol!

That was a great list and I really appreciate the work that went into as that scoring system must've been a nightmare to work out!

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

Nirvanaguy007
Nirvanaguy007
  • Predictions:  22,913  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,064
  • Post Score: 234

03.16.2022 | 12:00 AM ET

Dope. Glad to see some of my favorites made the final cut

"how bout u go an **** off my page then u peice of **** u think we need a stupid ****witt like u telling us about looking good who the **** are u take your worthless advice and get the **** out of here"

Casual008
Casual008
  • Predictions:  4,520  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,865
  • Post Score: 259

03.16.2022 | 4:33 AM ET

Love the fact Aldo is #1 overall. Overall great video, liked & subscribed. 

"They're sorcerers they don't get knocked out"

BoomShakaLaka
BoomShakaLaka
  • Predictions:  19,548  |  65.8%
  • Forum Posts:  373
  • Post Score: 243

03.16.2022 | 4:41 AM ET

Truly a great work mate! Thank YOU for this project and the effort made. 
JPosadas
JPosadas
  • Predictions:  1,762  |  65.3%
  • Forum Posts:  271
  • Post Score: 400

03.16.2022 | 6:23 AM ET

Great video! Thank you for doing this project. There's a lot to think about here

"I want to **** Chuck" - Wanderlei Silva

Hadrian Caesar
Hadrian Caesar
  • Predictions:  904  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,114
  • Post Score: 338

03.16.2022 | 9:25 AM ET

Great video. Eddie definitely wasn't on it cause of his wife 

"Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant never taste of death but once." - Julius Caesar.

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner

03.16.2022 | 12:38 PM ET

Thank you to everyone for your support.

This was an incredibly fun project to do, and honestly I am excited to have this being a reoccurring survey to see and track how people's perspective changes throughout.

@stephen terry And yeah, thank you! Use to do video editing back in the day and since focusing on content creation, I basically have a chance to pick back up what I learned and the tips and tricks I learned along the way.

Stay tuned for Boxing's Greatest Southpaws :)

Moorlady
Moorlady

03.16.2022 | 2:35 PM ET

I looked down a couple times….  Did I miss:

- Anthony Pettis
- Nick Diaz
- Diego Sanchez
- Nate Diaz
- Frankie Edgar

I guess these picks kind of date me, and perhaps identify me as being in the US….

Great video!  Would love to vote next time!
TioManel
TioManel
  • Predictions:  256  |  78.9%
  • Forum Posts:  349
  • Post Score: 169

03.16.2022 | 7:25 PM ET

Tony is not number one. I think there was some meddling here. I propose a recount Good sir. I mean you are telling me some brazilian guy got first place over tony ferguson. The literal boogeyman. RECOUNT. Good work tho. Fun ****

* Edited at 03.16.2022, 7:26 PM ET *

"Chalkhunting 101"

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner

03.17.2022 | 1:50 PM ET

@TioManel

Yeah man, it was neck and neck throughout. It was pretty great. Honestly if these are the 2 and they are within 10 points of each other it really shows how great these 2 are. Especially with these being the only 2 to have over 500.

But yeah, I'll be transparent:

Jose Aldo got these scores: 100, 65, 65, 75, 75, 65, 10, 85, 8 = 548

Tony Ferguson got these scores: 85, 10, 100, 5, 20, 55, 65, 4, 20, 100, 75 = 539

So yeah, stuff was tight.

Kinda why I put a scoring system to everything, because sure it is great if everyone knows who you are (multiple mentions), but if people don't hold you in high regard (placement in rankings).

I am happy to see Tony get so much love though. It is a great sight to see. :)

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick
  • Predictions:  9,727  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,777
  • Post Score: 273

03.20.2022 | 1:40 PM ET

Thanks for this! It was great to watch and brought back a lot of memories old and new. Excellent job on the video, sir. 

"For no particular reason beat up everyone"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Jake Paul Lays Down $10 Million MMA Challenge to Nate Diaz and Jorge Masvidal: ‘I Want Either One’
  • MMA Mania : Garcia Misses Weight In Latest Circus Stunt
  • MMAFighting.com : Devin Haney vs. Ryan Garcia weigh-in video live now
  • Bad Left Hook : Charlo invokes right to Madrimov title fight
  • Jits Magazine : Free Fight Friday: Renato Canuto vs Damon Morgan
  • MMA Junkie : Nate Diaz sued by 'Not Logan Paul' Rodney Petersen over 2023 New Orleans street fight
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! Haney Vs Garcia Official Weigh Ins!
  • MMAFighting.com : Nate Diaz targeted in new Rodney Petersen lawsuit for New Orleans street brawl, Diaz rep responds
  • MMAFighting.com : Ryan Garcia badly misses weight for Devin Haney fight
  • MMAFighting.com : ‘3 pounds is nothing stop crying’: Ryan Garcia, pros react to Garcia missing weight for Devin Haney showdown
  • Bad Left Hook : Ryan Garcia misses weight, will still fight Devin Haney
  • MMA Mania : ‘Half-Mexican’ Costa Is Not A ‘Dirty’ Brazilian!
  • MMAFighting.com : Olympic champ David Taylor says ‘door is open’ for move to MMA; Daniel Cormier tells him ‘stick to wrestling’
  • UFC.com : Steve Erceg Hopes To Open Some Eyes
  • UFC.com : Julian Erosa's Monumental March
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 303 ticket prices: Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler could break promotion's gate record
  • Middle Easy : Max Holloway Snaps Back at Ilia Topuria Over BMF Title Demands: ‘That’s Kind of Un-BMF’
  • MMAFighting.com : Brendan Loughnane details ‘intense’ training sessions with Conor McGregor ahead of PFL return
  • MMA Mania : UFC Trumps Boxing, Named MVP Of Combat Sports
  • Middle Easy : Chris Weidman Weighs in on Herb Dean Controversy at UFC 300, Would ‘Love’ His Next Fight to Be Against Sean Strickland