Topic: UFC 276

UFC 276: Adesanya vs. Cannonier

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  32,996
  • Post Score: 47

03.13.2022 | 11:23 AM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC 276
  • Saturday 07.02.2022 at 06:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: ABC
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: T-Mobile Arena
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Joe Rogan, Daniel Cormier
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Joe Rogan
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $10,409,553
  • Attendance: 19,649
  • PPV Buys / Buyrate: N/A | TV Ratings: 929,000 avg. viewers (ABC prelims)
  • MMA Bouts: 12
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Israel Adesanya   defeats   Jared Cannonier   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Alexander Volkanovski   defeats   Max Holloway   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Alex Pereira   defeats   Sean Strickland   via KO/TKO, Left Hook   2:36 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Bryan Barberena   defeats   Robbie Lawler   via KO/TKO, Punches (standing TKO)   4:47 Round 2 of 3, 9:47 Total Bout Page
Pedro Munhoz   vs.   Sean O'Malley   Ends in a No Contest, Eye Poke   3:09 Round 2 of 3, 8:09 Total Bout Page
Jalin Turner   defeats   Brad Riddell   via Submission, Mounted Guillotine Choke   0:45 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Jim Miller   defeats   Donald Cerrone   via Submission, Guillotine Choke   1:32 Round 2 of 3, 6:32 Total Bout Page
Ian Machado Garry   defeats   Gabe Green   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Dricus Du Plessis   defeats   Brad Tavares   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
André Muniz   defeats   Uriah Hall   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Maycee Barber   defeats   Jessica Eye   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Julija Stoliarenko   defeats   Jessica-Rose Clark   via Submission, Armbar   0:42 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page

Responses Page 53

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  15,948  |  67.4%
  • Forum Posts:  32,049
  • Post Score: 88

06.30.2022 | 4:20 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 300 Points   |   Tied for 4401st

I’m curious how turners chin holds up. Riddell may have 5 decisions in the ufc but he hits really ******* hard. Could potentially see him hurt turner as well

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

Noxx
Noxx
  • Predictions:  954  |  62.1%
  • Forum Posts:  3,038
  • Post Score: 159

06.30.2022 | 4:39 PM ET

@GhostAndDarkness

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 350 Points   |   Tied for 3969th

He has been training at ATT with Eblen and helped him in his camp for his Mousasi fight. So it's fair to assume that he's ready to grapple all fight long. Yesterday he said that he wanted to stand and bang with Pereira as long as he can because he loves it. Though he also said that he will take Pereira down if he believes he's in trouble and is taking too much punishment. I had the feeling he was just trolling and I expect him to grapple the majority of the fight.

"Learning is a gift, even when pain is your teacher"

HiDefff
HiDefff

06.30.2022 | 4:47 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 350 Points   |   Tied for 3969th

or you hope his ego allows him to grapple anyway haha 
Theeraser
Theeraser
  • Predictions:  2,240  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,057
  • Post Score: 144

06.30.2022 | 4:56 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 390 Points   |   Tied for 3481st

@noxx i just challenged you anyone else i got 5 likes on that post but only one person wrote back lol

"Too much wine "

Noxx
Noxx

06.30.2022 | 4:56 PM ET

@HiDefff

That too lol. I honestly hope Strickland wins this fight. He has been grinding hard to get where he is and Pereira has not really been tested yet. Regardless, I think this could be a fun fight.

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,490  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

06.30.2022 | 4:58 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 465 Points   |   Tied for 2181st

This was not a good fight for the UFC to give Pereira if they want him to fight for the title next.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

Theeraser
Theeraser
  • Predictions:  2,240  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,057
  • Post Score: 144

06.30.2022 | 5:01 PM ET

@ayy challenged you as well since we already have played in the past

"Too much wine "

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  15,948  |  67.4%
  • Forum Posts:  32,049
  • Post Score: 88

06.30.2022 | 5:06 PM ET

I received it 👍 

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

Noxx
Noxx

06.30.2022 | 5:08 PM ET

@rappinpapsoda

They are going with the rivalry between him and Izzy. They have been going back and forth for a long time. Pereira even has some tweets reminding people that he KO'd Adesanya right after he won a fight. I honestly think the Izzy vs Pereira fight could be huge, but I really don't think Pereira will win that at this point. Personally, I hope Strickland wins this Saturday. Which gives Pereira more time to work some more on his grappling and get more experience in the octagon. I don't see Strickland winning against Izzy either. So if all this actually plays out like this, I can see them fight again at some point.

RustyTennakoon
RustyTennakoon
  • Predictions:  1,464  |  67.8%
  • Forum Posts:  2,816
  • Post Score: 141

06.30.2022 | 5:21 PM ET

@FaveD

Thanks bro for your support and kind words. That gave me some confidence. Will just post a brief breakdown of each fight as I see it then, and not go too over board. I have changed some of my picks btw.

1. Adesanya KO
This should be pretty close to a lock. I think Cannonier needs to get in close to catch Izzy, and I think Izzy will keep the range and catch him with a counter at some point. Leg kicks may be Jareds most effective weapon but I am sure Izzy is too skilled to keep getting caught by this.

2. Volkanovski Dec
I think Volk is on another level now. His ability to keep distance and range and his movement is really nice. He also has excellent striking and wrestling which he will use. Useful to remember he played rugby league in Australia and was at around 205lbs if I am correct. He also has a reach advantage despite being shorter. And most importantly Max may have the record for most strikes in a match, but I also think he got hit the most as well.

3. Periera KO
Strickland is more well rounded but on the feet I think there is no doubt that Periera is better. I think Strickland will try to battle on the feet and will get clipped at some point. The UFC want's Periera to win and I think he will.

4. Lawler Dec
Barbarena was ready to retire last fight and I think Matt Brown actually won that. Can't see these two wrestling so it comes down to who is better on the feet and more motivated. That's Robbie in my view. He is better and he is still motivated

5. O'Malley Dec
Pedro is too tough to get KO'd but Seans striking is beautiful to watch. His volume, reach and accuracy should be too much for Pedro. I think this is actually a setup fight for Sean to climb into the contender ranks.

6. Turner KO
Riddell is good at getting in close according to Izzy, even against him. But Turner is too big and uses his reach really well with kicks and straight combinations. His power is really goood and if Riddell gets too close I can see him getting caught in a submission too.

7. Cerrone KO
Miller has to finish Cerrone in R1 to win. But I don't see how that happens. Cerrone has excellent takedown defence and grappling and he is much better on the feet. He will also be much bigger at 170lbs and I think he is focused on a win here with his son being in the crowd.

8. Green Sub
I think Garry gets taken down and submitted. Green has an amazing chin and I don't think he will get KOd. Not been very impressed with Gary so far. Maybe this fight will change my mind but I think Green is very underrated.

9. Tavares late KO
Been studying these two a fair bit now. Du Plessis has too many holes in his game. Tavares has too good a takedown defence for Du Plessis to get him down and submit him and I think he will get tired trying to do this. His striking is wild and though he has KO power he leaves his chin vulnerable whenever he throws wild punches and he will likely get countered. I can see this being a Tavares decision or late KO.

10. Muniz Sub
I think Hall will get taken down and submitted pretty fast. If not it get's worrying because I don't think his striking or chin is very good. But I trust him to not waste time and get it down to the ground, should be over shortly after.

11. Barber Dec
I think this will be closer than a lot of people think. However Barber should take it with her volume though who knows with WMMA and the idiot judges these days. Also do not trust anyone with an Only Fans.

12. JRC Dec
I think Jessie has better standup and much better wrestling and top control. She controls position rather well and I don't think Julija will be able to snap off an arm bar which is her main method of victory. Picking JRC rather confidently but I always get the first fight of the night wrong so Julija will probably win.
DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,544
  • Post Score: 262

06.30.2022 | 5:37 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Adesanya vs. Cannonier
Israel Adesanya, TKO, R2
Hard to see how Adesanya lose this one, Cannonier isn't really better at any skill in MMA beside being Black-plosive , But Adesanya has a great chin and great striking defence, so it really unlikely the KO will happen, I'm think Izzy is going to sleep him as Jared got drop before and I think Izzy is going to prove a point and to say why he great

Volkanovski vs. Holloway III
Alexander Volkanovski, TKO, R4
Pretty hype for this one, Like last week main event, This is just going to be high level MMA and I love it, I don't want to count out Max out to much, Because he's Max ******* Holloway, But I just think Volk is better, Also Volk is the most tricky fighter to fight in the UFC IMO, And that the reason why Holloway get so low striking number against him, He not hitable like most fighter at featherweight, I also think Volk is going to finish Holloway for some reason and it's going to be depressing, Can't back it up with reasoning, More of a vibe

Strickland vs. Pereira
Sean Strickland, SUB, R1
I don't want to reiterated what everyone else is saying, I think Sean Strickland is going to wresle**** Perriera for the same reason why everyone who agrees with me thinks it will happen, But I'll also be lying, I thinkPereira doesn't have a big shot at KO-ing him , But I'm still going to take the logical pick

Lawler vs. Barberena
Bryan Barberena, DEC
I have no idea about this fight, I take Barberena because I think he less shot, But can't be confident either way, I see this fight being really good though, And I'm Happy they put Lawler in their with Bryan and not Khamzat or Shavkat

Munhoz vs. O'Malley
Sean O'Malley, TKO, R2
I like Sean because Munhoz is slow, hittable and bad at ring craft in general,While O'Malley lands alot, Is fast and has good ringcraft, But I'm not as confendent in Sean as most people as Pedro does land tons of leg kick in every fight he's in, Also Pedro compution he fighting is so diffrent to O'Malley, Pedro fighting the champion and future HOF, while Sean is fighting people no longer in the UFC, and are terrible,

* Edited at 06.30.2022, 5:42 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

HiDefff
HiDefff

06.30.2022 | 5:49 PM ET

@theEraser send it bro im down 
HiDefff
HiDefff

press conference in 10 mins folks don't forget 
DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420

Sean O'Malley opponent after losing to him are a combine (4-13) in the fights after, And Paiva is the only one still in the promotion

That why I'm not as confident in O'Malley, Pedro fighting Hall of Famer and the champ, if Pedro fought O'Malley Opponent then Pedro would look great, And if O'Malley fought Pedro opponent he would look bad

* Edited at 06.30.2022, 5:51 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

HiDefff
HiDefff

06.30.2022 | 5:50 PM ET

When your boss at work gives you 3 tasks to select from but they all pay the same. Do you not take the easiest one as well? 
Baron Von Rattus
Baron Von Rattus
  • Predictions:  92  |  69.6%
  • Forum Posts:  693
  • Post Score: 305

06.30.2022 | 5:53 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 540 Points   |   Tied for 887th

The one good guy he fought beat him in the first round

"I’m in love, Robb, I’m in love with a billion billion people, and I know all of them better than I ever knew you, and they know me, all of me, and they love me."- A song for Lya

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420

06.30.2022 | 6:02 PM ET

Hideff

The thing is that, It smart business wise, But I also feel like the greats in the sport will fight the best in the sport because they knows they the best, Not care about Money, All they care about is to prove why they're the best and get the belt, Sean will most likely just be a fun fighter who win some and loss some agaist the good fighter

Also getting big fight  will alway get you paid more then getting fight with Montino and Paiva

"Quack quack quack"

Noxx
Noxx

06.30.2022 | 6:06 PM ET

Looking forward to this presser and low-key hoping there will be a back and forth between Izzy, Strickland and Pereira.

HiDefff
HiDefff

06.30.2022 | 6:09 PM ET

I hear ya duck. completely. Where did those greats end up other than relatively broke compared to HOF's from other sports. and maybe a sprinkle of CTE. I mean Stephan Bonnar had a go fund me last year. Legit UFC legend with a go fund me lol Same for Leban. Contracts are contracts. they pay what you signed for no matter who you fight. he's said multiple times when the money increases so will the level of opponent. He has 2 fights left on this contract including this one. So I would expect after next fight the money will be better and the guys will be top 5. 
Noxx
Noxx

06.30.2022 | 6:18 PM ET

Strickland is hilarious man lol

Page 53

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Elijah Dorsey To Challenge Max Hanson For Welterweight Title At Enigma Invitational 15
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Buckley Lands UFC St. Louis Co-Main Vs. Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 Odds, Under Dogs And Best Bets!
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Just continue being the best’: Crawford looks forward to upcoming title fight with Madrimov
  • MMA Mania : Doumbe Gets New Opponent For Bellator Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Terence Crawford vs. Israil Madrimov official; Isaac Cruz, Andy Ruiz Jr. on undercard
  • Middle Easy : Chris Weidman Compares Alex Pereira’s Wrestling To Ben Askren’s Striking: ‘Such A Deficiency’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Step In The Fire With Pereira And He Knows That’
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau done with Manel Kape bookings, focused on title shot after UFC on ESPN 55 headliner
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight card: Perry vs. Alves
  • Middle Easy : ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone Tears Bicep ‘Off the Bone’ While Preparing to Ride Dana White’s Prized Bull
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Spann claims he hasn't watched tape on Bogdan Guskov ahead of UFC on ESPN 55 co-main bout
  • MMA Mania : Keep $300K Bonuses! ‘It Can’t Go Back’
  • MMAFighting.com : Joaquin Buckley vs. Nursulton Ruziboev announced for UFC St. Louis co-headliner
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley gets UFC on ESPN 56 co-main assignment vs. Nursulton Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : Pereira = ... Askren? ‘It’s Weird To See’
  • MMAFighting.com : Cain Velasquez attempted murder trial set to begin in September
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo confirms UFC 301 final fight on contract, hints at boxing match at Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Run it back, give fans a fair fight’: Devin Haney on Ryan Garcia loss
  • UFC.com : Alexandre Pantoja | TUF Beginnings