Tapology Forums

Russian invasion of Ukraine thread.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

02.24.2022 | 1:13 AM ET

I'll post what's happening as it comes through for purposes of posterity. Doubt the veracity of what is posted here. Having lived through the Iraq war, I am sure that the vast majority of what gets reported will turn out to be either misinformation or outright ********. Posting because a lot of non-Australia members will be asleep, now. I'll report as much as I can.

So far the g****vine is:

Russia has indeed embarked on a full scale invasion of Ukraine. Air attacks, and ground forces. There has been at least one missile strike, there have been front-line Ukranian casualities ( have seen video, cannot post it here, too graphic).

Footage of an airstrike hitting Lutsk:

https://twitter.com/Conflicts/status/1496721271907889155?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1496721271907889155%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fpatriots.win%2Fnew

Belarus has thrown in with Russia/is issuing support.
Reports of Ukrainian air defence having shot down multiple Russian planes, either drones or fighters. 

Some other info:

* Edited at 02.24.2022, 1:29 AM ET *

Responses Page 60

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,251  |  64.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,242
  • Post Score: 137

10.16.2022 | 2:05 PM ET

Elon is not American fire at will, wont matter he is the AntiChrist.

"Weasel Piss *********" Dan Hooker

Schwarzkopf
Schwarzkopf
  • Predictions:  1,861  |  55.1%
  • Forum Posts:  706
  • Post Score: 275

10.17.2022 | 7:04 AM ET

Diplomat Elon Musk, who has only recently been asking questions, has backtracked on his decision to stop pro-bono Starlink for Ukraine.@****les It is not entirely clear how the correspondence beween SpaceX and the Pentagon has progressed. It appears that the Pentagon has not honored his request and SpaceX is continuing to service some 20,000 Starlink satellite units from its own pocket. Regardless of all diplomatic motives, this is good news for Ukraine.

It remains a strange guy that Musk, he has a very quickly hurt ego. First, he shows off his free internet for Ukraine advertising campaign. Fine of course. Win win. Then he comes with a laughably stupid 'peace proposal' which basically boiled down to let's give the Russians everything they want and we'll be good friends again. Haha. Then he got a burn from Zelensky with the 'who do you think is the nicer Musk? Musk backing Russia? Musk supporting Ukraine?' And now he is going to say again that he will pay for everything himself.

* Edited at 10.17.2022, 7:13 AM ET *

"Time is the enemy. "

Schwarzkopf
Schwarzkopf

10.17.2022 | 4:59 PM ET

Mobilization Day 25 - New Russian front towards Kiev from Belarus takes shape. Drunk soldier gets weapon..

In total there now appear to be around 9,000 Russian troops in Belarus, including some 170 tanks, 100 artillery pieces and mortars over 100mm and about 200' combat vehicles. Incidentally, there is nothing that positively distinguishes these new troops in quality from what Putin has so far deployed against Ukraine from the East. And if these guys are again deployed against Ukraine with the same inferior logistics, equipment, intelligence and strategy, this too will be another massacre for Russia. Several experts believe that Putin is bluffing and that no attack from Belarus is being launched..

It has been known for some time that the Russians continue to suffer because of chronic overestimation. But it is becoming increasingly difficult to estimate what they are coming up with for backward plans. The army in Belarus is even less than the Russian invasion force in February. What is "available" in Belarus is also not ready to fight, especially not in Ukraine. Russia can no longer cannibalize its own army by haphazardly plucking "trained" soldiers from their current army units. Those Iranian drones and ballistic missiles are purely for terrorizing and not a game-changer. Own stocks of reasonably good PGMs are low at best and production capacity is not going well because of sanctions on technology that is difficult even for us to get. "Dumb" ammunition will, given its daily consumption, which is shot aimlessly, also start to run a bit low. Russians are estimated to die at a ratio of 1:6.5 in favor of 1 Ukrainian against something like 6-7 dead Russians. The corpses of the "mobilization" have been flowing back to Russia for several weeks. And so on. 

Russian artillery accurate to at least 500 meters!

"Time is the enemy. "

Schwarzkopf
Schwarzkopf

10.18.2022 | 3:53 PM ET

Day 26 - "RUSSIAN MOBILIZATION IS OVER"

Putin announced last week that the mobilization would end "within two weeks". Now that seems to have happened, although it would certainly not be the first time if a "small extra recruitment" is held somewhere in the periphery. Anyway, what has 26 days of mobilization brought Putin? In summary: about 300,000 virtually untrained, unguided soldiers who have actually made strategic shifts NOWHERE. All that the mobilization has done is reduce Slavo-Russian support for the war against Ukraine, and further alienate ethnic republics like Dagestan.

Nice work Vlad.

"Time is the enemy. "

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,478  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

10.19.2022 | 9:21 AM ET

This war could not have come at a worse time for China.  They are having many issues and the loans they gave to Russia(300 billion) don't look like they will be paid back any time soon. Coincidence?

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

Schwarzkopf
Schwarzkopf

10.19.2022 | 5:02 PM ET

This is the newly appointed Russian commander of the 'special military operation' in Ukraine, General Sergey Surovikin. He says the situation around Kherson city is difficult, civilians are being evacuated, a Ukrainian attack is likely and he does not know if Russia can hold the city. In short, Russian public opinion is being prepared here for perhaps the greatest Defeat since the Ukrainian counter-offensive began.

"Time is the enemy. "

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

10.20.2022 | 5:12 PM ET

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

Schwarzkopf
Schwarzkopf

10.24.2022 | 3:50 PM ET

I'm kind of done with this war, gas prices and mountains of refugees.

Can someone take Putin to Saint Peter?

"Time is the enemy. "

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

11.10.2022 | 7:50 PM ET

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,126  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,131
  • Post Score: 333

11.13.2022 | 7:52 PM ET

Gotta love that Russian Strategy of Surrendering Kherson. Its almost like......ah nevermind

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

Xconchris
Xconchris

11.15.2022 | 11:48 AM ET

Russia has now lost more than 50% of the land it took during the invasion. It loosing roughly 1k troops per day and is begging for negotiations from Ukraine.

When you try to take on the entire West, Europe and rest of the world and fail

Xconchris
Xconchris

11.24.2022 | 11:24 AM ET

Xconchris
Xconchris

12.02.2022 | 6:56 AM ET

https://news.sky.com/story/ukraine-war-captured-russian-documents-reveal-moscows-10-day-plan-to-take-over-the-country-and-kill-its-leaders-12759836

10 day failure going on a year later. They later found marching band uniforms and musical instruments to celebrate. Riot gear and police equipment to squash any protesting.

Their special forces tried to take Hostomel airport in the initial invasion. The Russian spezsnats elite got obliterated as well as large troop carrying airplanes.

Complete embarrassing Russian failure so far

Xconchris
Xconchris

12.04.2022 | 3:07 PM ET

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/russia-planned-attack-japan-2021-fsb-letters-1762133%3famp=1

Really crazy Russia thought they could just invade Japan, Ukraine, Moldova and the world would just allow them because they had nuclear weapons. The cost today is much cheaper than dealing with them later. If Russia had been successful it would have open the floodgates as well for China to invade Taiwan. This is why we must never appease. 

* Edited at 12.04.2022, 3:08 PM ET *

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

01.24.2023 | 1:49 PM ET

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

01.26.2023 | 2:31 PM ET

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

01.31.2023 | 1:50 AM ET

gwinCLARKE2019
gwinCLARKE2019
  • Predictions:  1,399  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,038
  • Post Score: 215

02.11.2023 | 7:02 PM ET

"This guy is too old to say this kind of ********."

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

02.18.2023 | 12:06 AM ET

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

02.23.2023 | 9:20 AM ET

Page 60

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : ADXC 4: Espen Mathiesen And Leon Larman Lead The Jiu-Jitsu Main Event In Paris
  • Jits Magazine : Full Lineup Announced For High Rollerz 420 Show 2024
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Who Wins ‘Coked Out’ Garcia Vs. Jones?
  • MMA Mania : Oliveira Thought Tsarukyan ‘Went Out’ In Late Choke Attempt
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Relive all of Conor McGregor's octagon wins in full before UFC 303 return
  • MMA Junkie : Chael Sonnen: Alex Pereira can become MMA GOAT if he wins UFC heavyweight title
  • MMA Mania : ‘Undeserving’ Harrison ‘Ran Away From Pacheco And Cyborg’
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Nate Diaz, Jorge Masvidal face off in front of rowdy Miami crowd
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC heads to Louisville for Fight Night card on June 8
  • Bad Left Hook : Zayas vs Teixeira headlines June 8 ESPN show in New York
  • MMA Junkie : Ben Askren: Jamahal Hill's ego 'put him in harm's way' vs. Alex Pereira at UFC 300
  • MMA Mania : ‘F—k It!’ PFL Steroid Gate Result Of ‘Chance To Gain Financial Stability’
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 303 adds 2 more fights for Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler card
  • UFC.com : Where We Stand: Women's Strawweight Division | April 2024
  • UFC.com : All Of Conor McGregor's UFC Wins
  • MMAFighting.com : Diaz vs. Masvidal Miami press conference video
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch The MMA Hour with Topuria, Chandler, Nickal, Prochazka, De La Hoya in studio, Perry, and Xiaonan now
  • MMA Junkie : Alexander Volkanovski: UFC 300 proved Max Holloway never lost it, has 'always been that good'
  • MMA Mania : Sterling ‘Was Probably Done’ With A Loss At UFC 300
  • MMA Junkie : Video replay: Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal Miami press conference