Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Volkov vs. Rozenstruik

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  32,370
  • Post Score: 47

02.07.2022 | 10:57 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
Bout   Info
Alexander Volkov   defeats   Jairzinho Rozenstruik   via KO/TKO, Punches   2:12 Round 1 of 5 Bout Page
Movsar Evloev   defeats   Dan Ige   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Lucas Almeida   defeats   Michael Trizano   via KO/TKO, Left Hook to Ground Strikes   0:55 Round 3 of 3, 10:55 Total Bout Page
Karine Silva   defeats   Poliana Botelho   via Submission, D'arce Choke   4:55 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Ode Osbourne   defeats   Zarrukh Adashev   via KO/TKO, Counter Right Hook to Ground Strikes   1:01 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Alonzo Menifield   defeats   Askar Mozharov   via KO/TKO, Elbows From Crucifix   4:40 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Karolina Kowalkiewicz   defeats   Felice Herrig   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   4:01 Round 2 of 3, 9:01 Total Bout Page
Joe Solecki   defeats   Alex da Silva   via Decision, Majority   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Damon Jackson   defeats   Dan Argueta   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Benoit Saint-Denis   defeats   Niklas Stolze   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   1:32 Round 2 of 3, 6:32 Total Bout Page
Tony Gravely   defeats   Johnny Munoz Jr.   via KO/TKO, Uppercut to Ground Strikes   1:08 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Jeff Molina   defeats   Zhalgas Zhumagulov   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Rinat Fakhretdinov   defeats   Andreas Michailidis   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Erin Blanchfield   defeats   JJ Aldrich   via Submission, Standing Guillotine Choke   2:38 Round 2 of 3, 7:38 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 39

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

06.04.2022 | 1:44 AM ET

Predictions: 10 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 630 Points   |   Tied for 2012th

I honestly don't understand why Greg hasn't done away with it, or changed it so that things can only be upvoted, not downvoted. I wonder if it's part of the site analytics/business model and it is sold on as data to third parties somehow. I don't see how it would be useful in any way at all however.
DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,728  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  7,479
  • Post Score: 262

06.04.2022 | 2:12 AM ET

Dc

Predictions: 11 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 695 Points   |   Tied for 1356th

I got downvoted by the same guy, it was his 6 accounts, I have a way of pissing people off

But you have to be a virgin to bother downvoting 6 times with 6 diffrent accont NGL, And he kept downvoting me because I kept bullying him everytime he done it

* Edited at 06.04.2022, 2:34 AM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

ArneK
ArneK
  • Predictions:  3,125  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  131
  • Post Score: 115

06.04.2022 | 2:34 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 12 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 725 Points   |   Tied for 1032nd

Volkov vs. Rozenstruik
Alexander Volkov, DEC
Volkov keeping the distance and kickboxing a dec.

Ige vs. Evloev
Movsar Evloev, DEC
Evloev with the stronger wrestling will be the difference.

Trizano vs. Almeida
Mike Trizano, TKO, R2
Trizano showed some potential last time against Dawodu and I guess he can show more this time.

Botelho vs. Silva
Karine Silva, DEC
Silva has the better flex pic and bigger guns.

Osbourne vs. Adashev
Ode Osbourne, DEC
Osbourne more experienced in MMA and that will be the difference.

Menifield vs. Mozharov
Alonzo Menifield, TKO, R1
A couple of explosive minutes and Mozharov gasses first.

Herrig vs. Kowalkiewicz II
Karolina Kowalkiewicz, DEC
MMA-math + Polish power. Cant go wrong.

Solecki vs. da Silva
Joe Solecki, DEC
Dont remember Da Silva so going with the hype of Solecki.

Jackson vs. Argueta
Damon Jackson, SUB, R2
Damon Jackson with them long arms getting the choke.

Saint-Denis vs. Stolze
Benoit Saint-Denis, DEC
Saint-Denis showed that he is not human last time out, thats enough for me.

Gravely vs. Munoz Jr.
Tony Gravely, DEC
Gravley with the grind.

Molina vs. Zhumagulov
Zhalgas Zhumagulov, DEC
Molina got a nice finish last time but might have been because Da Silva is a bit reckless with his wild style. Zhumagulov is a bit more conservative and could edge out a split dec.

Michailidis vs. Fakhretdinov
Rinat Fakhretdinov, DEC
Have not been impressed by Michalidis and these russian dudes that probably grew up in a gym with both wrestling and sambo are scary. On a side note though its always interesting to read the russian records. How can your amature record start 2 years after your pro debut and your already 11 fights in?

Blanchfield vs. Aldrich
Erin Blanchfield, DEC
Im jumping on the Blanchfield train. She looked good against Maverick and she proved me wrong there since i picked against here. Aldrich has also made improvents and looked good last time but dont think it will be enough here.

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

06.04.2022 | 2:53 AM ET

Predictions: 10 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 630 Points   |   Tied for 2012th

I actively try and earn downvotes TBH. Can't seem to crack 21 in a single post though.
DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420

06.04.2022 | 3:38 AM ET

I don’t care about upvotes or downvotes, I only care to say what I think, and people can agree or disagree as that also fine, everyone has they’re own opinions and forem is a place where we can talk about ideas,

And also it be boring and lame if everyone agree with eachother,  

* Edited at 06.04.2022, 3:40 AM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Tap867
Tap867
  • Predictions:  3,095  |  63.7%
  • Forum Posts:  560
  • Post Score: 211

06.04.2022 | 3:58 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 12 of 14 Winners, 5 Perfect, 775 Points   |   Tied for 575th

Blanchfield vs. Aldrich
JJ Aldrich, DEC
Yeah... I know. She's awesome. But, somehow, I feel Erin could get tested here...

* Edited at 06.04.2022, 4:33 AM ET *

"Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but nobody wants to lift no heavy-ass weights. - Ronnie Coleman"

Mikey1903
Mikey1903
  • Predictions:  48,481  |  73.2%
  • Forum Posts:  9,092
  • Post Score: 300

06.04.2022 | 4:00 AM ET

Predictions: 10 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 625 Points   |   Tied for 2065th

Well me personally, if I get more than 3 down votes I cry all night. If I get 5!!!!!! Man, don't talk to me for a week!!!! 

"Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe ****! "

RustyTennakoon
RustyTennakoon
  • Predictions:  1,464  |  67.8%
  • Forum Posts:  2,816
  • Post Score: 141

06.04.2022 | 4:03 AM ET

Final picks

Predictions: 10 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 680 Points   |   Tied for 1520th

Final picks with a few changes. Looks like a decent card!

1. Rozenstruik KO
I think he crashes the pocket and clips Volkov. Volkov will be good at distance but up close he may be at a disadvantage. Volkov has looked slow and hittable his last few fights and seemed to gas. Rozenstruik on the other hand seems to have a lot more urgency in his last few. I don't see Volkov finishing Biggie Boy which gives him 5 rounds to find the finish.

2. Evloev Dec
Ige's takedown defence isnt great and Evloev will defintely chain takedowns. Cant see him finishing Ige who is a black belt on the ground so even if he slows down and loses R3 I think he will win the first 2.

3. Trizano Dec
Trizano should be better everywhere and will likely win a decision. Reasonably confident pick.

4. SIlva Sub
Listening to most of you on here has convinced me to reassess my first pick which was Poliana. I agree if Karine gets it to the ground which she probably will she will likely get a sub, Main worry is if she gasses like she did in the DWCS fight she could be toast. Still I will change my initial pick and take Silva by finish.

5. Osbourne Sub
I think Osbourne will be too big and too strong in the first round. Sure he slows down in R3 but I dont think it gets there. I don't think Adishev will be able to keep it standing and should be a fish out of water on the ground. Unless Ode is an absolute moron (certainly possible) he will take it to the ground early.

6. Menifield Sub/KO
Was picking Menifield long before the stuff about whatshisnames record came out. Now I am a lot more confident. Not sure if the finish is by sub or KO. Fight does not go the distance should be almost a lock.

7. Kowalkiewicz Dec
I am switching my pick. I watched Karolina's last fight and if she had not taken it to the ground she would probably have won. And despite her getting subbed I think her ground game is actually pretty good. My main concern is that she is hittable. Saw an interview where Herrig was saying this could be her last fight. I think this will be a replay of the first fight and Karolina will win. I think she is motivated now and not sure Herrig is.

8. Alex Da Silva Dec
I hear a lot of people are worried about Da Silva slowing down. Well so does Solecki and I was not at all impressed by his performance against Jared Gordon. Da Silva has the much better striking and if Solecki lands on his back he will stay there the whole round. I think Alex is a really good dog.

9. Jackson Sub
Jackson will be too big and will likely get a finish here. Really liked what I saw of him against Kamuela Kirk.

10. Stolze Dec
I am not convinced about BSD. Maybe this fight proves me wrong but I think Stolze is better and especially if it stays on the feet I think BSD gets taken apart again. Has he even recovered from the beat down of the century? 

11. Gravely Dec
Gravely is better on the feet and a better wrestler. As long as he dosen't gas out he should take this. I think a lot of people are taking Munhoz because he could submit Gravely late, but if he has any sense he will keep it standing and mix in take downs towards the end of the round.

12. Molina Dec
Molina should have better cardio and much better volume. Zumaghulov is too slow imo. Molina gets better as the fight progresses and Z fades. Even if Z gets take downs I see Molina getting up and tiring him out. Pretty confident about this one.

13. Rinat Sub/KO
Michaelidis did not look good on the scales and he is cutting a lot of weight with an already suspect gas tank. I think Rinat uses wrestling and gets a late finish.

14. Blanchfield Sub
I really like JJ but I think Blanchfields performance against Maverick convinced me she is the real deal. Hope I am not wrong because those odds are crazy.
Cheeseball
Cheeseball
  • Predictions:  13,280  |  71.6%
  • Forum Posts:  5,943
  • Post Score: 247

06.04.2022 | 4:13 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 11 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 690 Points   |   Tied for 1396th

Volkov vs. Rozenstruik
Alexander Volkov, DEC
Nice to see little known prospects like Volkov and Rozenstruik being featured on an Ode Osbourne card.

I say the loser of this fight should retire... aaaand so should the winner.

"🌽⚽️"

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420

06.04.2022 | 4:13 AM ET

Mikey

I only get emotional when I get downvoted for telling racist jokes, I don’t get why people get mad

"Quack quack quack"

nived503
nived503
  • Predictions:  7,959  |  71.2%
  • Forum Posts:  19
  • Post Score: 137

06.04.2022 | 4:47 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 12 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 750 Points   |   Tied for 816th

Volkov vs. Rozenstruik
Alexander Volkov, DEC
5 rounds is hilarious for this.

Ige vs. Evloev
Movsar Evloev, DEC
Evloev should cruise to a grappling decision, right. Ige submission incoming.

Trizano vs. Almeida
Mike Trizano, DEC
Almedia first round or bust..... he gets a 3rd round finish

Osbourne vs. Adashev
Ode Osbourne, DEC
Won

"Whole Lotta Jamie Mullarkey "

nived503
nived503
  • Predictions:  7,959  |  71.2%
  • Forum Posts:  19
  • Post Score: 137

06.04.2022 | 4:59 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 12 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 750 Points   |   Tied for 816th

Menifield vs. Mozharov
Alonzo Menifield, TKO, R1
Rooting for a Mozharov clubbing meme KO

I can't pick wmma to save my life

Jackson vs. Argueta
Damon Jackson, SUB, R2
Damon Holyfield Jackson? His striking should be levels above and everything else. Dan will get another fight sorta like Tabatha Ricci when she fought Fiorot.

Saint-Denis vs. Stolze
Benoit Saint-Denis, SUB, R2
Stolze has everything to win this, but **** it

Gravely vs. Munoz Jr.
Tony Gravely, DEC
Munoz will have plenty opportunities to submit Gravely from the headlock position.

"Whole Lotta Jamie Mullarkey "

mert
mert
  • Predictions:  4,579  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  29
  • Post Score: 238

06.04.2022 | 5:44 AM ET

Predictions: 11 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 690 Points   |   Tied for 1396th

Damn, I'm getting behind. I don't recognize many fighters out of the main card. Which means this card will blow my mind and be great.
likeapot
likeapot
  • Predictions:  761  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  18
  • Post Score: 211

06.04.2022 | 6:56 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 11 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 700 Points   |   Tied for 1307th

Blanchfield vs. Aldrich
Erin Blanchfield, DEC
AM SO 5HED

"I'm the biggest, and the best. Better than the rest."

mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,439  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,777
  • Post Score: 180

06.04.2022 | 7:47 AM ET

Predictions: 10 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 640 Points   |   Tied for 1924th

but rooting for Dan Ige

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  15,520  |  67.5%
  • Forum Posts:  31,650
  • Post Score: 87

06.04.2022 | 9:23 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 14 Winners, 2 Perfect, 490 Points   |   Tied for 2932nd

If I cared about dislikes I would have stopped posting a long time ago lol. It is weird to see 7 downvotes on my usually well recieved fight breakdowns, but, I can only assume it was one guy with multiple accounts (pretty sure I know who it is too ;)

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

JReynolds47
JReynolds47
  • Predictions:  12,061  |  72.5%
  • Forum Posts:  7,500
  • Post Score: 13

06.04.2022 | 9:28 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 450 Points   |   Tied for 3077th

I've gotten into the 20s range of dislikes. You can't please everyone on here. That's a fact

"Jarno Errens, Damir Hadzovic"

loudenSwain
loudenSwain
  • Predictions:  15,071  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,313
  • Post Score: 283

06.04.2022 | 9:31 AM ET

Predictions: 13 of 14 Winners, 5 Perfect, 855 Points   |   Tied for 90th

"This is Prize-Fighting, IDGAF about your family or your problems - MassaBruce"

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  15,520  |  67.5%
  • Forum Posts:  31,650
  • Post Score: 87

06.04.2022 | 9:32 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 14 Winners, 2 Perfect, 490 Points   |   Tied for 2932nd

Well yeah but that’s different lol. U used a ****phobic slur, I’m just breaking down the fights🤣🤣

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

JReynolds47
JReynolds47
  • Predictions:  12,061  |  72.5%
  • Forum Posts:  7,500
  • Post Score: 13

06.04.2022 | 9:42 AM ET

🇷🇺🇷🇺🇺🇸🇧🇷🇯🇲🇺🇦🇵🇱🇧🇷🇺🇸🇩🇪🇺🇸🇰🇿🇬🇷🇺🇸

Predictions: 7 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 450 Points   |   Tied for 3077th

If feel like its gonna be a good card

"Jarno Errens, Damir Hadzovic"

Page 39

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor scoffs at retirement: ‘It’s to the motherf****** grave’
  • MMA Mania : Whittaker: Chimaev Fight ‘Came Out Of Nowhere’
  • MMA Junkie : Why 2022 PFL welterweight champ Sadibou Sy moved to light heavyweight for upcoming season
  • MMAFighting.com : Robert Whittaker reacts to Khamzat Chimaev fight at UFC Saudi Arabia: ‘It’s a bit of a shock’
  • MMA Mania : GSP ‘Would Have Put Khabib Down’
  • MMAFighting.com : Logan Paul reveals he had ‘suicidal thoughts’ amid CryptoZoo scandal fallout: ‘I was spiraling’
  • UFC.com : The State Of UFC During UFC 100 And 200
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Not the smartest in the ring fighter’: Robert Garcia not convinced Rolly will beat Pitbull
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Not the smartest in the ring fighter’: Robert Garcia not convinced Rolando Romero will beat Isaac Cruz
  • MMA Mania : Prospect Watch! Say Hello To Ernesto ‘Starboy’ Rodriguez
  • UFC.com : Vicente Luque: Expect Fireworks
  • MMA Mania : Aging Mac Will Fight Until He’s ‘Laid Out Flat’
  • Middle Easy : Georges St-Pierre Believes He ‘Would Have Beat’ Khabib in Rumored Superfight, Reveals His MMA GOATs
  • UFC.com : Erin Blanchfield Is Having A Full-Circle Moment
  • MMA Junkie : ONE 168 headlined by Stamp Fairtex vs. Jing Nan Xiong dual champion bout
  • MMAFighting.com : Dana White reveals story behind heated negotiation with UFC sponsor: ‘Take your money … shove it right up your ass’
  • UFC.com : Manon Fiorot Has Gold On Her Mind
  • Middle Easy : Brendan Schaub Calls Conor McGregor The ‘Most Underpaid Athlete’ of All Time: ‘No One Wants to Hear This’
  • MMA Mania : Adesanya ‘Ready To Go’ For DDP Fight At UFC 305
  • MMAFighting.com : Alexander Shabliy ‘not fully sure’ Usman Nurmagomedov fight happening, still awaiting contract and terms from PFL