Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Holm vs. Vieira

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  32,380
  • Post Score: 47

01.30.2022 | 8:32 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
Bout   Info
Ketlen Vieira   defeats   Holly Holm   via Decision, Split   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Michel Pereira   defeats   Santiago Ponzinibbio   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Chidi Njokuani   defeats   Duško Todorović   via KO/TKO, Elbow   4:48 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Tabatha Ricci   defeats   Polyana Viana   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jun Yong Park   defeats   Eryk Anders   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Joseph Holmes   defeats   Alen Amedovski   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   1:04 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Jailton Almeida   defeats   Parker Porter   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   4:35 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Uros Medic   defeats   Omar Morales   via KO/TKO, Punches   3:05 Round 2 of 3, 8:05 Total Bout Page
Jonathan Martinez   defeats   Vince Morales   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Chase Hooper   defeats   Felipe Colares   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   3:00 Round 3 of 3, 13:00 Total Bout Page
Sam Hughes   defeats   Elise Reed   via KO/TKO, Elbows From Mount   3:52 Round 3 of 3, 13:52 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 89

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

05.22.2022 | 8:36 PM ET

@Swain here's the fight filtered down to show all exchanges. Anyone who can watch this, and seriously thinks Holm should have gotten the W  afterwards is a Monkey-Pox pozzed Mach 5 ***tard. And that's just how it is. No ifs, buts, maybes. No further discussion needed. 

It's half the reason I avoid live Tap chat now. It's absolutely infested with salty narcissists who scream 'Robbery' whenever they lose a bet and/or their read was ****. The whole thing is merry-go-round of tediousness. 

* Edited at 05.22.2022, 8:38 PM ET *

loudenSwain
loudenSwain
  • Predictions:  15,071  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,313
  • Post Score: 283

05.22.2022 | 9:02 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 6 Perfect, 565 Points   |   Tied for 634th

Haha. It really is. Funny thing is I’d of only benefited from a Holm Dec. o had her in high confidence in every league I play in. I didn’t waste 5Gs or any crazy shut I care too much about but it would’ve helped me big time in the multiple fantasy games/leagues I’m in. I’d love to tell you I was right but it wasn’t the case. She didn’t deserve to win that fight. 

"This is Prize-Fighting, IDGAF about your family or your problems - MassaBruce"

TheMess63
TheMess63
  • Predictions:  7,661  |  73.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,252
  • Post Score: 137

05.22.2022 | 11:00 PM ET

Predictions: 4 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 315 Points   |   Tied for 3065th

reflecting back over the last few months of controversial dec's, objectionable stoppages, point deductions etc. Im really starting to get sick of downright collusion in MMA betting scene. Holly Holm is a super boring fighter to watch. But when you break down the matchup. It was easy money. She went out there and won hands down. Vegas had alot of parlays to bust. They did it just like usual. Robbing us right in front of our own eyes. How many more times can we be blatantly fooled. It happens in a pattern every event. The opening fight and main event is always a heavy part of it. The more we bet on a fighter the higher they raise the odds. But it also gets to a point where they know how much money is riding on a certain fighter. All they need is opportunity for it to go to some of the corrupt judges and boom there goes those potential huge payouts. The same people come on here after every questionable dec and do there defense and troll hard. But not one person can bring a point that involves consistency across all scoring. Not one of the fights are judged equally. One fight can be justified by the output, the next fight they'll say its cause the fighter threw less but they were harder. Plus they got a take down to seal the round. Its always the same nonsense 

* Edited at 05.23.2022, 12:43 AM ET *

"Records are for djs"

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

05.23.2022 | 12:28 AM ET

The real conspiracy is that fight going to split.

Because Viera won it hands-down. 
Moorlady
Moorlady

05.23.2022 | 12:42 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 5 Perfect, 640 Points   |   Tied for 152nd

Oh yeah, how'd you score each round, @Baldric?
Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

05.23.2022 | 3:42 AM ET

R1: 10-9 Viera. Landed a huge inside calf kick in the opening seconds. Bigger shots in the clinch, big knees up the middle. Hip-tossed Holm. Holm did nothing. Pressed Viera against the fence, landing nothing that did anything. Control shall not enter the decision-making of the judges if one fighter displays a dominance in the primary and secondary categories.  Holm spent a lot of energy to achieve nothing. Her grappling was therefore not effective, and benefitted Viera. 

R2: Partial high kick land Viera. Short 1-2 landed by viera. Two meaningless leg kicks landed by Holm, ate a big right counter straight going for a third from Viera. Clinch initiation bu Holm, gets hip tossed by Viera. Holm expends big energy getting to her feet, eats three shots on the way up.Two knees on the fence by Viera. Failed TD attempt by Holm, ends up in standing gilly.Transitions to single leg, ends up in deep standing RNC, pseudo-taps. Escapes turns back to cage grinding, lands a few meaningless thigh shots, attempts upward elbows which do nothing. More big energy expenditure from Holm for no result, her grappling was therefore not effective.10-9 Viera.

R3: Big straight left/right combo from viera lands followed by a straight that backs Holm up. Big low kick from Viera buckles Holm's leg. Holm marches forward slinging a meth spaz combo, lands nothing, looks ridiculous. Visibly the more tired fighter at this point. Pushes Viera back for more gash-sniffing and cage grinding because she's getting merked in space. She lands another couple of useless do-nothing thigh strikes here. Fight goes back to space. Soft low kick/push kick from Holm. Body shot from Viera. Viera blocks high kick attempt. Push kick from Holm. Big right hand after a short fake from Viera lands. Holme bumrushes, eats a left then right for her trouble, again pushes Viera to the fence. Two big knees from Viera on the fence. Holm lands more pitter-patter ******** to the thigh.Dirty boxing from Holm, does nothing. Viera pushes her off, lands a big short left that makes Holm retreat.Another big left from Viera on the fence. Biggest shot of the round. Again, holly pushes her to fence, spams useless knees. 10-9 Viera.

R4: Solid straight right lands for Viera. Soft low kick for Holm.Another out-of-cadence/distance meth spam bumrush from Holm, she lands nothing, eats a solid check hook. Low kick from Viera. Partil high from face grazes for holm. Solid right hand from Viera. Hard low kick from Viera. Another absurd meth spam from Holm (how was sheman ever a decorated boxer?) gets her another right to the face. Big body shot from Viera. Solid two shot elliptical combination from Viera. Holm tries to clinch, gets uppercutted. Two pointless low-effort knee stomp attemps from Holm. Soft body kick lands on Viera on the way up. Push kick from Holm knocks Viera down, it's an off-balance thing, not a damage thing.A few more do-nothing exchanges, straight left lands for Viera. Big left for Viera. A few incredibly soft kicks land for Holm. Another landless meth-spaz for Holm. Ends with a clinch. 10-9 Viera. That wasn't a knockdown for Holm.

R5: High kick lands for Viera, Holm shoots. Spinning elbow partially lands for Viera, then two solid short straights. Clinch. Absurdly soft push kick from Holm. Another clinch. Counter right from Viera. Clinch from Holm, pushes Viera to the fence and lands a knee. Break, soft landed from Viera on it. Front face from Holm lands, doesn't register much from Viera. Another front face from Holm, softer this time. Big uppercut from Viera. Push kick from Holm. Single leg from Holm, again pushes Viera to to the fence. Soft dirty boxing from Holm. hot from Viera, stuffed. Holm again dirty boxing on the fence. 10-9 Holm.

At most, you could give Holm 2 rounds. The only clear round she won was the 5th. And that would be ridiculously generous, and would require you to give her a round in which she ate huge shots because she's got a push-kick knockdown which wasn't caused by damage.

I have spoken. If you scored it for Holm you're ********, and you don't know how to apply the criteria. Pro tip: Landing more doesn't equal a win, cage-pressing doesn't equal a win, and both of those things combined don't equal a win. That's not how it works.

You're all dumb as ****.

* Edited at 05.23.2022, 3:53 AM ET *

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,728  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  7,479
  • Post Score: 262

05.23.2022 | 5:14 AM ET

Fishrat

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 5 Perfect, 515 Points   |   Tied for 1172nd

you got my respect buddy, I got 4 minutes into the fight before quitting, You watch it twice, That dedication in showing how all of us are ********

* Edited at 05.23.2022, 5:15 AM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

gliese58i
gliese58i
  • Predictions:  1,348  |  65.2%
  • Forum Posts:  10,014
  • Post Score: 129

05.23.2022 | 5:38 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 4 Perfect, 540 Points   |   Tied for 842nd

Round 3, Holm continues to land a few more strikes overall but Vieira lands with a lot more power scoring many clean punches to the face of Holm as well as landing harder shots in the clinch, Vieira 29-28.

"My dad was never mad I got into fights, he was just mad I wasn't winning the fights, so that's how I got into MMA" - Christian 'Ceerod' Rodriguez

gliese58i
gliese58i

05.23.2022 | 5:50 AM ET

Can't sleep so **** it, let's complete this.

Round 4, the most dominant round yet for Vieira. Holm has increasing problems to even land anything of note unless she runs straight in with flailing arms. Whenever she does, Vieira calmly socks her in the face. When she doesn't rush in, Vieira calmly socks her in the face anyhow. At one point Holm lands a push kick that catches Vieira a bit off balance and make her lose her footing. It was a decent kick, enough to be counted as a significant strike, but absolutely shouldn't count as a knockdown.

Vieira 39-37. I can see why Baldric lost his **** lol, I've got 1 round left and Vieira already won it, with the first round that I gave to Holm being the most contentious one so far and one I'd say you could score either way.

"My dad was never mad I got into fights, he was just mad I wasn't winning the fights, so that's how I got into MMA" - Christian 'Ceerod' Rodriguez

gliese58i
gliese58i

05.23.2022 | 5:59 AM ET

Round 5 ends up very close, Vieira gets off to a big lead in the start but Holm gradually closes it, this one is another tossup in my mind, you could score it for either fighter. Since Holm seemed to have more gas and got her points primarilly in the second half of the round I'll give it to her.

48-47 Vieira final score. 

Maybe you could find another round for Holm in there but I consider both of the rounds I gave her up for grab whereas the 3 I gave for Vieira were pretty clear, either way calling this fight a robbery is ********.

I regret being at work if Vieira really was sitting at good +money live as the fight was closing, would have bet her for sure.

Edit: Looking at the scorecards Michael Bell and Derek Cleary scored the fight exactly as I did round for round. D'Amato gave Holm the third as well. So I think the judges were very generous toward Holm overall. 

* Edited at 05.23.2022, 6:05 AM ET *

Moorlady
Moorlady

05.23.2022 | 6:45 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 5 Perfect, 640 Points   |   Tied for 152nd

Well, I picked Vieiera before the fight.  @Baldric, you can give me my dog props any time for that.  And @Gliese58i, I told you there’s a trick to picking WMMA.  I won’t pretend to know as much about scoring as either of you.  In my opinion, she underperformed to her ability in terms of volume, but perhaps that’s because I didn’t see how much power she was throwing with most of her shots….  More feints and combos would have fooled everyone except Baldric.

* Edited at 05.23.2022, 6:46 AM ET *

TheMess63
TheMess63

05.23.2022 | 11:39 AM ET

Same trolls every week. Keep rewatching and justifying your need to argue with people that cleary see the corruption. Round 3 was won by holm. She was robbed on two scorecards of that round. How D’amato got that right and cleary and bell missed it is beyond me, the inconsistency in the scoring can only be broken down by the geniuses that come here to troll 

* Edited at 05.23.2022, 11:48 AM ET *

"Records are for djs"

gliese58i
gliese58i

05.23.2022 | 2:41 PM ET

@Moorlady

Certainly you gotta think if you put all your hopes and parlays on a 40 year old beating a 30 year old where both are experienced UFC fighters you're taking a gamble. Low volume is the reason I stayed away from picking Vieira but what we got to see was yet another W for father time.
Congrats on being #1 in Autardistan for that event btw.

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

05.23.2022 | 4:38 PM ET

The problem is people either don't know the criteria, or they don't know how to apply it. Or they are just salty narcissistic imbeciles who can't handle being wrong. Probably all three.

loudenSwain
loudenSwain
  • Predictions:  15,071  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,313
  • Post Score: 283

05.23.2022 | 5:06 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 6 Perfect, 565 Points   |   Tied for 634th

Really we all lose. It was a terrible boring fight. Both lackluster performance. I can’t feel bad for either fighter or care. Look it’s still taking more of our time. We all lost. 

"This is Prize-Fighting, IDGAF about your family or your problems - MassaBruce"

gliese58i
gliese58i

05.23.2022 | 5:36 PM ET

It would have been a boring fight but all the drama actually had me watching with some interest to see what all the fuss was about lol. Was working when it aired so had to watch it back and I thus avoided the boredom of watching it live.
But then again sounds from comments like I would've won money on a Vieira livebet, I'm quite happy to take a decent dog in a fight where I don't know what the judges are seeing.

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke
  • Predictions:  29,139  |  80.7%
  • Forum Posts:  4,539
  • Post Score: 237

05.23.2022 | 7:03 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 470 Points   |   Tied for 1686th

That fight sucked. I'm happy to see fighters lose when they don't fight to try and win. Glad Namajunas lost the last fight too

"Throughout my career I've learned that "If you win you're the ****, if you lose it's bad." - Bruno "Blindadao" Silva"

TheMess63
TheMess63

05.23.2022 | 7:45 PM ET

Only narcissist imbeciles come on here to argue with complete strangers over a highly debated topic that has no final answer and will always come down to a personal opinion. Get over your self. It’s the same broken record every week. Do you even bet ? Do you ever even have stakes in any of this ? I’m going to geuss not. No one that actually has experienced the volatility of mma would waste there time posting over and over unless they are sick in the head and need to be validated by talking down to strangers on the internet  

* Edited at 05.23.2022, 7:58 PM ET *

"Records are for djs"

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,728  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  7,479
  • Post Score: 262

05.23.2022 | 8:29 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 5 Perfect, 515 Points   |   Tied for 1172nd

the biggest question in scoring is how many light, Mediam and Heavy stikes each lass landed, I think it 454 point to Viera, To 448 point to Holm, The weasle has spoken

"Quack quack quack"

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

05.23.2022 | 10:05 PM ET

@Chris you're not understanding; that fight wasn't close. At all. If you think it was, then you don't understand the criteria or how it is applied. It's that simple. Viera won. Handily.

Go ahead. Make an observations-based case for Holm winning that fight. I guarantee it won't make sense and it will be based on incorrect assumptions about how MMA scoring is practically applied.

And no, I don't have any skin in the game. That's probably why I can score fights objectively. I neither picked, nor bet, Holm vs Viera. Gambling on MMA is one of the most monkey-brained, low-rent strategies of making money in existence--and betting on the odds-on favourite in WMMA  specifically is worse by several degrees again. Whenever I do gamble on it, it's for fun, not wealth-creation.

It's not about being validated. It's about pointing out how people like you are utterly ********, petulant children. The reason you think Holm won isn't because she did, or because there's even a case to be made for her winning. It's because you lost money betting on her, and you are a degenerate gambler and narcissist who screams 'Robbery' as a means of absolving yourself of any personal culpability, and sparing your ego, because you failed. Miserably.

Newsflash: You're dumb as ****, do not understand how MMA is scored, and your play was **** from the jump. And because you're incapable of any introspection (again, being a narcissist) you will continue to make **** and ******** plays because you are both ****, and ********. And that is what **** and ******** people do. 

* Edited at 05.23.2022, 10:16 PM ET *

Page 89

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : Bam Rodriguez vacates IBF flyweight title, Ayala vs Apolinario ordered
  • Middle Easy : Georges St-Pierre Opens Up About Dana White Stopping Him From Boxing Oscar De La Hoya
  • MMAFighting.com : Missed Fists: Referee slaps the taste out of fighter’s mouth to halt 2-versus-1 bout
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 54 video: Erin Blanchfield, Manon Fiorot make weight for main event
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! UFC Atlantic City Weigh Ins!
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch UFC Atlantic City weigh-in video live now
  • MMAFighting.com : Georges St-Pierre believes Jon Jones is current GOAT: ‘People have no idea how tough he is’
  • MMA Junkie : Bubba Jenkins over once-heated rivalry with Chris Wade following trilogy cancellation: 'I don't even say that name'
  • MMA Mania : GSP Agrees: Hard To Argue Against ‘Bones’ As GOAT
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 54 official weigh-in results, live video stream (9 a.m. ET)
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Sean Strickland claims ‘Canada threatened to pull me’ from UFC 297, teases move to boxing
  • MMA Mania : Mac: UFC ‘Prestige’ Makes Up For Lower Pay
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Atlantic City weigh-in video
  • MMA Junkie : Scale snafus: UFC official weigh-in misses in 2024
  • MMA Junkie : Every UFC event in history with three or more weigh-in misses
  • UFC.com : Weigh-In Results | UFC Atlantic City
  • Bad Left Hook : Valdez vs Wilson: Live updates and results, 6:10 pm ET
  • The Athletic : UFC featherweight champion Ilia Topuria says title fight at Santiago Bernabéu Stadium ‘very, very, very possible’
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! ‘Regretful’ Biter Breaks Silence
  • MMA Mania : An Elite Contender With Only One Combo