Topic: Taylor vs. Serrano

Taylor vs. Serrano

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  32,976
  • Post Score: 47

01.14.2022 | 6:02 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
Taylor vs. Serrano
  • Saturday 04.30.2022 at 08:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: DAZN
  • Promotion: Matchroom Boxing
  • Ownership: Matchroom Sport
  • Co-Promoter: MVP Promotions
  • Venue: Madison Square Garden
  • Enclosure: Ring
  • TV Announcers: Todd Grisham, Chris Mannix, Jessica McCaskill
  • Ring Announcer: David Diamante
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Chris Mannix
  • Attendance: 19,187
  • TV Ratings: 1500000
  • Matchmaker: Kevin Rooney
  • Boxing Bouts: 8
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
(Boxing)   Katie Taylor  defeats  Amanda Serrano via Decision, Split   10 Rounds, 20:00 Total Bout Page
(Boxing)   Liam Smith  defeats  Jessie Vargas via KO/TKO   0:41 Round 10/12, 27:41 Total Bout Page
(Boxing)   Franchon Crews-Dezurn  defeats  Elin Cederroos via Decision, Unanimous   10 Rounds, 20:00 Total Bout Page
(Boxing)   Galal Yafai  defeats  Miguel Cartagena via KO/TKO, Retired   3:00 Round 2 of 10, 6:00 Total Bout Page
(Boxing)   Austin Williams  defeats  Chordale Booker via KO/TKO   2:25 Round 1 of 10 Bout Page
(Boxing)   Reshat Mati  defeats  Joe Eli Hernandez via Decision, Unanimous   8 Rounds, 24:00 Total Bout Page
(Boxing)   Skye Nicolson  defeats  Paisley Davis via Decision, Unanimous   6 Rounds, 12:00 Total Bout Page
(Boxing)   Khalil Coe  defeats  William Langston via Decision, Unanimous   6 Rounds, 18:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 9

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

04.30.2022 | 11:24 PM ET

Honestly I think Taylor would do better in a rematch than Amanda would. I feel like Serrano is what she is and that is all she ever will be. She's never quite going to be the boxer that Taylor is. Has more power but significantly worse speed and footwork. Though Amanda is admittedly really high-level. If Taylor can sure up her pocket-lands it's probably not a very close fight.

* Edited at 04.30.2022, 11:27 PM ET *

Mikey1903
Mikey1903
  • Predictions:  48,835  |  73.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,117
  • Post Score: 300

04.30.2022 | 11:33 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 8 Winners, 3 Perfect, 490 Points   |   16th Place

The 2 minute rounds are the reason I ended up switching my pick to Taylor. 
If those were 3s, Serrano would have ended the fight in the 5th,(or the 4th? Whatever round it was that Katie was wobbling).
I think Taylor deserved the won on points, she won the early and the late rounds. Serrano kinda gave it away tho. But I want to credit Taylor more for digging in rather than say Serrano threw it away.

Fight lived up to the Hype. I thought that it was a great fight 

"Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe ****! "

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

04.30.2022 | 11:45 PM ET

Maybe.

Maybe not. I don't care what Mathew Bellend thinks about anything TBH.

Maybe Taylor just spam-clinches and it spends an extra minute on the ropes. Maybe in those clinches Serrano blows her load trying to land a finishing shot and looks worse than she did the following rounds.

* Edited at 04.30.2022, 11:48 PM ET *

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

05.01.2022 | 7:41 AM ET

Predictions: 5 of 8 Winners, 4 Perfect, 350 Points   |   Tied for 123rd

I fell asleep but Serrano is doing well she is a warrior

Also I correct myself the greatest living Irish person was John Hume who died recently enough, Katie is maybe the best ever Irish sportsperson though, this fight seems very close though I scored it for Serrano first few

They should do a big rematch in Puerto Rico or Ireland

* Edited at 05.01.2022, 8:18 AM ET *

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

Cheeseball
Cheeseball
  • Predictions:  13,293  |  71.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,943
  • Post Score: 247

05.01.2022 | 12:58 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 8 Winners, 3 Perfect, 390 Points   |   Tied for 80th

Brooklyn was basically Serrano's home court. I'd say they should run it back in Ireland.

* Edited at 05.01.2022, 12:58 PM ET *

"🌽⚽️"

Mikey1903
Mikey1903
  • Predictions:  48,835  |  73.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,117
  • Post Score: 300

05.01.2022 | 2:09 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 8 Winners, 3 Perfect, 490 Points   |   16th Place

I agree, I would love the fight in Ireland. Katie Taylor deserves to be given a night in Croke Park infront of 85,000.
Unfortunately there's issues with pro boxing in Ireland. Mainly because of the Kinahan scandal. A few years ago gunmen stormed a boxing weigh in and shot the place up. Kinahan was the target, someone died. That has basically stopped pro boxing in Ireland, there's been a few small shows. 
Also, if for some reason the fight gets the go ahead, Croke Park has a noise pollution thing that causes issues with any big event, concerts etc. The place cannot go above a certain noise level after a certain time of the evening. 

I reckon a stadium in the UK is more likely or even a return to MSG. Whatever happens, wherever it is, there will be a rematch, probably a trilogy!!! And I am 100% here for it! That fight was amazing! I just rewatched it, from the walkouts to the toe to toe finish it was incredible!!!

Honestly, huge respect to both ladies. 

"Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe ****! "

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,304  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,311
  • Post Score: 285

05.01.2022 | 10:22 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 8 Winners, 5 Perfect, 540 Points   |   Tied for 2nd with 3 others

I've just caught up with it and it was without doubt the best women's boxing match I've seen! I had Katie Taylor winning but only by a couple of rounds. I would definitely watch the rematch!

And speaking of the rematch, they should do it Saudi Arabia. The regime are trying to sports wash their human rights record by getting big fights like the Anthony Joshua and Andy Ruiz Jr. rematch so why not this highly anticipated rematch between two of the greatest women of all time? 

Oh, right.

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

05.01.2022 | 11:38 PM ET

**** the towelheads. Petrodollar terrorism-funding feudal theocratic filth.

Irish champion should defend in Ireland. Ireland needs the revenue. The Saudis neither do nor deserve it.
Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,304  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,311
  • Post Score: 285

05.01.2022 | 11:42 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 8 Winners, 5 Perfect, 540 Points   |   Tied for 2nd with 3 others

They should take it somewhere really random that never has big fights like Prague or Quito.

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

05.02.2022 | 7:34 AM ET

Predictions: 5 of 8 Winners, 4 Perfect, 350 Points   |   Tied for 123rd

Yeah those gangster *******s really ruined pro boxing in Ireland... There never seems to be any events anymore. There use to be at least a few cards every year at the national basketball arena. At least the pros can get fights mostly in the UK, or other random places if they are willing to travel

* Edited at 05.02.2022, 7:41 AM ET *

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

Page 9

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC.com : UFC Makes Highly Anticipated Return To Manchester On July 27 With UFC 304
  • Middle Easy : ‘MMA Media Hates Me,’ Ronda Rousey Reacts To Career Backlash & ‘How Happily Everybody Turned’ On UFC Star
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: It PAYS To Be King
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Reveals His ‘Crazy’ Behavior Was a Publicity Stunt Planned Months in Advance
  • MMA Mania : ‘99.9%’ Chance Edwards Vs. Muhammad 2 Happens At UFC 304
  • MMA Junkie : The 10 largest UFC attendances in history
  • MMA Mania : ‘MMA Media Hates Me, It’s Fine’
  • Middle Easy : Jiri Prochazka Doubles Down On Callout For Alex Pereira Rematch At UFC 301: ‘I Think I Deserve It’
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Goes Off On Logan Paul For Child Trafficking Comments, Claims He Will ‘Destroy’ Paul In Boxing Match
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway's coach breaks down matchup against 'oversized bantamweight' Ilia Topuria
  • MMAFighting.com : Lyoto Machida ‘already breathing fire’ after Luke Rockhold callout, interested in Karate Combat rematch
  • MMA Mania : ‘It’s Crazy That Something Like This Is Happening At This Level’
  • MMA Junkie : Islam Makhachev's coach: 'Biggest threat' Justin Gaethje no longer in UFC title picture
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Whoever wants to fight Ryan, he feels comfortable at 144’: De La Hoya talks next steps for Garcia
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Whoever wants to fight Ryan, he feels comfortable at 144’: Oscar De La Hoya talks next steps for Ryan Garcia
  • MMA Mania : Double Champ Islam Next? ‘I Already Beat All These Guys’
  • MMAFighting.com : Justin Gaethje: It’ll be ‘6 months, at least, before I get back to taking shots’ after UFC 300 loss
  • MMA Junkie : Manon Fiorot open to Maycee Barber fight – but only if interim UFC flyweight title at stake
  • MMA Junkie : Arman Tsarukyan fires back at Michael Chandler: 'You are just waiting for a paycheck'
  • MMAFighting.com : Islam Makhachev not interested in Max Holloway matchup: ‘Maybe if he wins his next fight’