Topic: Taylor vs. Serrano

Taylor vs. Serrano

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,948
  • Post Score: 41

01.14.2022 | 6:02 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
Matchroom Boxing
  • Saturday 04.30.2022 at 09:00 PM ET
  • Promotion: Matchroom Boxing
  • Ownership: Matchroom Sport
  • Co-Promoter: MVP Promotions
  • Venue: Madison Square Garden
  • Enclosure: Ring
  • Boxing Bouts: 1
  • Promotion Links:
Bout   Info
(Boxing)   Katie Taylor  vs.  Amanda Serrano Rumored   10 x 2 min Bout Page

Responses

2022.01.14 6:02 PM ET

bout announced

Katie Taylor vs. Amanda Serrano
2022.01.14 6:03 PM ET

bout status update

Taylor vs. Serrano Changed from Confirmed to Rumored
Mikey1903
Mikey1903
  • Predictions:  36,600  |  73.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,679
  • Post Score: 270

01.14.2022 | 6:03 PM ET

Fingers crossed this comes together. Looks good at the moment 

"The only difference between street fighting and boxing is there a ref there stopping me from killing you". Marvin Hagler

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  111,897  |  64.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,094
  • Post Score: 89

01.15.2022 | 12:31 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 1 of 1 Pending   |   Tied for 1st with 13 others

Taylor vs. Serrano
Katie Taylor
This is gonna be a technical brawl

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

01.15.2022 | 12:33 AM ET

@Mikey1903 is Taylor getting closer towards G.O.A.T status if she wins this, or what else does she need to do? Beat Shields?

* Edited at 01.15.2022, 12:36 AM ET *

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

Mikey1903
Mikey1903

01.15.2022 | 12:49 AM ET

She's already there bud. 1 of the greatest female amateur boxers ever. Olympic Gold and multiple times World Amateur Championships and countless European and International Titles. 
As a professional she's a multi weight World Champion and an Undisputed Champion at Lightweight.

It's either her, Claressa Shields (2x Olympic Gold, 2 weight Undisputed Champ). I guess some old school female boxers get some love too, Laila Ali, Ann Wolfe, Lucia Rijker, Christy Martin but women's boxing is WAY more advanced nowadays.

Amanda Serrano herself is in consideration for WOMENS boxing G. O. A. T. She's a 5 weight World Champion and has 1 of the best knockout ratios for any female, 40 wins 30 KO's.

That's what makes this fight so good. You have 2 of the best female boxers of all time throwing down!! I'm genuinely excited for this fight 

"The only difference between street fighting and boxing is there a ref there stopping me from killing you". Marvin Hagler

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

01.15.2022 | 1:21 AM ET

Cool so if Taylor wins here maybe it could set up a Super Fight with Shields, or the weight difference is too much?

* Edited at 01.15.2022, 1:24 AM ET *

Mikey1903
Mikey1903

01.15.2022 | 2:00 AM ET

Yeah weight difference is too much. Katie fights at Lightweight(135lbs) and she's small for that weight! Claressa won titles at 168lbs, 160lbs and 154lbs. She's at 154lbs now and has talked of dropping further, for the Katie fight. But really it's not probable.

Anyway none of this is going to matter by the end of this year because Amanda Serrano is going to beat Katie Taylor and Claressa is going to get KO'd when she faces Savanna Marshall!! 

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

01.15.2022 | 9:38 AM ET

Im not sure about Marshall vs Shields but your nuts!! Katie is gonna take that W, a hard fought decision, and go on to become the Greatest living Irish person! And Greatest athlete from here ever

And for all the scumminess McGregor has brought to our people and name (everyone here hates him), Katie is a saint, she is a really good moral person and doesn't fake it, a genuine role model athlete.

* Edited at 01.15.2022, 9:40 AM ET *

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : Francis Ngannou reveals UFC threatened his manager with lawsuit over alleged contact with Jake Paul’s business partner
  • MMA Junkie : With Orion Cosce out, Jeremiah Wells steps in to face 'Blood Diamond' at UFC 271
  • MMA Junkie : Eric Nicksick believes Francis Ngannou, UFC will come to terms, have lucrative future together
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Jake Paul invests in UFC’s parent company Endeavor with the goal of fixing UFC fighter pay from ‘within’
  • MMA Weekly : Here’s 11 minutes of Chael Sonnen praising Francis Ngannou | Video
  • MMA Weekly : Francis Ngannou claims the UFC tried to distract him ahead of UFC 270
  • MMA Weekly : Middleweight champion Israel Adesanya’s UFC 270 reactions | Video
  • MMA Junkie : MMA Junkie Radio #3228: Guest Eric Nicksick, UFC 270 recap, more
  • MMA Junkie : Francis Ngannou reveals UFC threatened to sue for alleged talks with Jake Paul's business partner
  • MMA Junkie : After feeling of failure in UFC, Yorgan De Castro eager to reinvent himself for Eagle FC
  • MMAFighting.com : Francisco Figueiredo to return against Daniel da Silva at April 30 UFC event
  • MMA Junkie : 'They will put Francis at the back of the bus': Mark Hunt supports Ngannou's UFC contract dispute
  • MMAFighting.com : Jussier Formiga books first post-UFC fight, headlines LFA 124 in February
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Morales says keeping focused was key to big win in UFC debut
  • MMA Junkie : Jack Della Maddalena doesn't see point in touching gloves pre-fight: 'Nothing personal'
  • MMAFighting.com : Chris Barnett set to return vs. Martin Buday at April 16 UFC event
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Cup check! Watch Francis Ngannou blast a 'Jackass Forever' cast member in the groin
  • MMAFighting.com : Francis Ngannou estimates $7 million loss not signing UFC deal, but ‘freedom doesn’t work with money’
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch The MMA Hour with Ngannou, Aspinall, Nicksick and Florian now
  • MMA Junkie : Deiveson Figueiredo praises Henry Cejudo's Fight Ready team, plans to stay