Tapology Forums

Bellator Bantamweight Grand Prix - 2022

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Casual008
Casual008
  • Predictions:  4,520  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,865
  • Post Score: 259

12.07.2021 | 2:17 PM ET

In Bellator 272 the newest Grand Prix and line up has been announced. 

What are Tapologists opinion of this, the line up and who do you see taking the 1 million dollar prize and becoming the Bantamweight Champion? 

Personally think this is the best Grand Prix Bellator has put on in a while, so long has the line up doesn't fall a part, Stots should rightfully be the favorite but I think Magomedov and Horiguchi can redeem themselves; Both of their fights were competitive and with small adjustments can go to them. 

"They're sorcerers they don't get knocked out"

Responses

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,211  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,305
  • Post Score: 284

12.07.2021 | 9:03 PM ET

I agree, I recon Horiguchi could win it. Either way as long as they can avoid injuries, we're gonna see some great fights!

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

12.07.2021 | 9:52 PM ET

Damn no idea how PFL especially and Bellator can afford these but this is the 2nd greatest prize in MMA next to the UFC belt, maybe better cause you may not win 1 million dollars if you win the belt as a challenger the 1st time... Road FC had a million dollar tournament too Mansour Barnaoui can retire early if he wants as the winner of that, unless he blew it all already

* Edited at 12.07.2021, 9:53 PM ET *

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

12.07.2021 | 10:30 PM ET

I can tell you how PFL affords it:  By running 318 advertisements per every fight on the card.

PFL is exactly what I'd expect to find in a promotion run by fighters; a really ****** product which pays huge sums of money in win bonuses to fighters who are reasonably **** at the expense of fans who spend 19 hours sitting through an event that should take one hour and is sub-Bellator quality.

It's a massive ******* pile of ****. I will never watch PFL again.

* Edited at 12.07.2021, 10:33 PM ET *

Sabbath
Sabbath
  • Predictions:  1,861  |  63.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,437
  • Post Score: 239

12.08.2021 | 6:00 AM ET

Baldric Eggling

I disagree, I think PFL is great, mainly because it embodies the most important and significant aspects of MMA that has drawn everyone on Tapology to it: there’s always something to talk about, even if it’s a complete ****show. Whether it’s a crazy +10000000 underdog win, a baffling ******** decision, the bad awkward commentary, the constant technical glitches, the confusing as **** tournament layout that changes every five hours because fighters keep pulling out quicker than my dad, and my personal favorite, the occasional surprisingly fun fight. 
This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 2 months, 3 weeks, 4 days, 3 hours, and 52 minutes from now.
AnthonyBrancato
AnthonyBrancato
  • Predictions:  9,797  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  642
  • Post Score: 58

12.08.2021 | 7:15 AM ET

The PFL would be better if they split the field in each weight class into NFL-style divisions: With 12 fighters, there could be three divisions of four fighters each, with each fighter facing the other three fighters in their own division.  Then the three division winners and one "wild card" could advance to the semifinals.

"MMA Fan Since Season 2 Of The Ultimate Fighter"

Sabbath
Sabbath
  • Predictions:  1,861  |  63.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,437
  • Post Score: 239

12.08.2021 | 9:00 AM ET

AnthonyBrancato

That’s a bat**** insane idea that could backfire in a million different ways. I like the way you think 
This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 2 months, 3 weeks, 4 days, 3 hours, and 52 minutes from now.
Casual008
Casual008
  • Predictions:  4,520  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,865
  • Post Score: 259

03.25.2022 | 12:28 AM ET

Disappointing news in regards to what was shaping up to be Bellator's best grand prix. Both James Gallagher, don't care, and Sergio Pettis have pulled out. Their positions in the tournament have been turned into wild card fights to see who can enter the tournament and face Magomedov and Higo. Josh Hill deserved to be in this Grand Prix from the beginning so I'm excited to see him be able to get involved over someone like Gallagher. 

With Pettis out it will not be for the Championship belt but an interim one taking away a good portion of excitement from this event. Also wanted to keep the narratives high on if Horiguchi could avenge his loss, could Pettis overcome guys like Stots & Magomed, etc. 

* Edited at 03.25.2022, 12:35 AM ET *

"They're sorcerers they don't get knocked out"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Chael Sonnen Says Alex Pereira Could Be MMA GOAT If He Wins Heavyweight Title, Vouches For ‘Poatan’ vs. Tom Aspinall Fight
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch BTL live now
  • Middle Easy : Renato Moicano Enlightens Fans With Money Lessons, Agrees To Do TUF Against Paddy Pimblett
  • MMA Mania : Audio: Ref Mic Captures ‘Blessed’ Blast
  • MMA Mania : Taylor Vs Serrano 2 Joins Paul-Tyson On Netflix
  • Bad Left Hook : Taylor vs Serrano rematch joins Paul vs Tyson on July 20
  • MMA Junkie : Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler: Odds and what to know ahead of UFC 303 headliner
  • MMAFighting.com : Alan Jouban argues ‘it’s not over’ for Justin Gaethje’s title hopes despite brutal UFC 300 loss
  • Middle Easy : Fan Apologizes To Arman Tsarukyan For ‘Flipping Him Off’ At UFC 300, Says He Wouldn’t Sue UFC
  • MMA Mania : Holloway, Harrison Upend Official UFC Rankings
  • MMAFighting.com : Katie Taylor vs. Amanda Serrano 2 announced as co-main event for Tyson vs. Paul fight card
  • MMAFighting.com : MMA Divisional Rankings: UFC 300 completely reshapes the global ranks
  • MMA Junkie : Why Arman Tsarukyan finds Charles Oliveira 'more dangerous' than UFC champ Islam Makhachev
  • MMA Mania : Jama Vs. Jiri - ‘Make It Happen!’
  • MMAFighting.com : Aljamain Sterling considered retirement if he lost at UFC 300: ‘I was probably done’
  • MMA Junkie : Gegard Mousasi frustrated by 'radio silence' from PFL, feeling pressured to 'take a pay cut'
  • MMA Mania : Battle of the BMFs? ‘I Would Love To Bust Gaethje’s Face Up’
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I just need to land the correct shot and he’s gone’: Riakporhe confident he’ll beat Billam-Smith again
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Ian Machado Garry calls for UFC 303 co-main event vs. ‘p****’ Colby Covington, says ‘I’ll retire him for good’
  • MMA Junkie : Jessica Andrade: Title shot after UFC 300 win is the 'natural course of things'