Tapology Forums

Wobble-shop Benjo: ****-wool raked up out the half-rats Skilamalink fly-rink O' Baldric Eggling.

Closed Thread

This thread has been closed to new posts.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

11.01.2021 | 6:35 PM ET

This thread will function as a kind of omnium gatherum for the melange of dissenting observations and opinions I have about MMA, MMA bouts and fighters, things I find humorous, and essentially any other thing. Why? Because sewage warrants proper curation as much as anything else. Arguably more.

Toshers and specklebellies welcome. No mutton-shunters, namby-pambys or needy-mizzlers. Pull up a stool and smother the parrot.

* Edited at 11.01.2021, 6:47 PM ET *

Closed Thread

This thread has been closed to new posts.

Responses Page 16

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

12.06.2021 | 10:35 PM ET

I don't remember.

Do you?

* Edited at 12.06.2021, 10:37 PM ET *

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  40,875  |  69.3%
  • Forum Posts:  7,250
  • Post Score: 283

12.06.2021 | 10:40 PM ET

@WastelandWanderer

I'm an Atheist so I take the boring view of death lol! I don't believe we have souls or spirits and I don't believe in any kind of afterlife either. Just when we die, that's it so we've got to make the most of this life. Different religious and philosophical ideas about potential afterlives are fascinating to learn about and discuss though, they can be very cool versions and weather or not this life affects any kind of afterlife in anyway is also an interesting topic of debate. I personally just can't subscribe to those views as I like to see evidence and proof before believing things but I understand that this sort of thing would be impossible to prove or disprove scientifically, it's just a matter of whether or not you have faith. In my case, I just believe that nothing happens, you just lose consciousness forever as that seems the most realistic to me though I'd love to be proved wrong when my time comes.

* Edited at 12.06.2021, 10:41 PM ET *

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

12.06.2021 | 10:52 PM ET

@Stephen Terry can I ask have you ever tried magic mushrooms? (the real ones grown organically not synthetic Amsterdam ones) 

Yeah thats cool though as I said maybe when you die there is just blackness....When I gave up the Catholic faith and became Atheist as a 8 or 9 year old I had the same view for years. A turning point was when my good friend was stabbed 7 times in torso with a katana by a drug fueled psychophant (with heroin addict parents) over some petty hood fights stuff, he dropped from 80 plus kg to around 50 or 45 kg in hospital, he is fine now epic recovery but that restarted my spirituality, like maybe there is more out there... My friend says he saw stuff on the other side when he was laying there dying. I think they even had a national surgeons meeting over it like, *** is this... A miracle?

And I swear on my Dad's grave thats true! 

* Edited at 12.06.2021, 11:04 PM ET *

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

12.06.2021 | 11:02 PM ET

This is probably a good time to bring up the only supernatural event I have experience with. And it didn't even happen to me. This was recanted by one of my uncles to me. He's a pretty straight guy, doesn't like to talk much.

Anyway, he took one of my older cousins ( not his son) to a military open day thing one time when he was very young, probably only four years old IIRC. Basically, they're kinds of military exhibitions. Soldiers fire guns, have equipment on display, there's challenges and events etc et al. Kind of like an Army Fete.

Anyway, he took him to see some kind of exhibit which featured a plane from WW2, and my cousin became really obsessed with it, started running his hands all over it, wanted to climb into the ****pit but wasn't allowed to obviously. So my uncle asked him what he liked about it, and he told him that he had flown that exact type of plane but had been shot down in it over the sea. Now, this apparently didn't really freak my uncle out at all at first, because kids say weird **** all the time. However, when he kept talking about it, he knew parts of the plane, their names, and some kind of weird fact about an operating procedure that my uncle still cannot explain how he possibly knew. At that point he had seemingly no interest whatsoever in airplanes or militaria whatsoever and was only four years old. He also couldn't have heard whatever that was being explained, because it was pretty much the first exhibit they had gone to upon entering the event because my younger cousin had made a bee line for it the second he saw it.

Here's what I know for sure: My uncle is prone to lies and embellishment, and I had to coax this story out of him. My older cousin also ended up becoming a paratrooper, but in later years was never able to remember that day when pressed about it.

Make of that what you will. 

* Edited at 12.06.2021, 11:07 PM ET *

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

12.06.2021 | 11:05 PM ET

@WastelandWanderer

No, I've never tried magic mushrooms or any sort of recreational drug (besides alcohol). 

As for your mate, that's an insane story! I'd personally chalk up his experiences of seeing things from the other side as hallucinations from blood loss or loss of consciousness or something like that but who knows? I'm pleased to hear that he recovered and now has one of the most badass survival stories to tell!

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

12.06.2021 | 11:08 PM ET

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

12.06.2021 | 11:12 PM ET

^ Just like that. Holy ****.

But no pictures drawn or whatnot.

I mean, it's explainable. Maybe they heard something on TV, maybe someone told them about it in a conversation. It's a situation of high ambiguity. But **** like this is definitely creepy.

I remain unconvinced until I hear a reasonable explanation of how consciousness survives death. With evidence. I can get down with cellular memory. I think you have to ultimately. For example how can birds, who have never been taught or shown the way, navigate halfwayway around the planet and back unless there's some kind of inborn data at work? 

* Edited at 12.06.2021, 11:14 PM ET *

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

12.06.2021 | 11:13 PM ET

@Stephen Terry Well if its the right setting with the right people see whats out there hehe.... Shrooms give you glimpse into the supernatural or spiritual world, if you go heavy you will get more than a glimpse.. I never tried ayahuasca or peyote but they are meant to be unreal too... Stuff like mdma or xtc just tweaks reality, ****s with you its less spiritual than shrooms, still unreal sometimes... I never tried acid but theres mixed opinions on it

Yeah sure im sure my friend just had hallucinations... And I never had a life as a noble samurai or even as a lowly ashigaru wretch

* Edited at 12.06.2021, 11:19 PM ET *

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

12.06.2021 | 11:17 PM ET

Honestly, having done both and many other drugs besides, I can't say I've ever had a mystical experience. I also don't buy that psychoactive drugs unlock some portent to an untapped well of creativity. Every time I've tried to write under the influence, I've looked at what I've written later and it has been absolute ******* indecipherable nonsense. 
Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

12.06.2021 | 11:22 PM ET

@WastelandWanderer

The cynic in me is saying that James was a young kid with an obsession with war planes and came up with the story of being a fighter pilot (a child's imagination is wild thing) and his parents saw an opportunity and decided to cash in with a book. If James were able to recall other non-war experiences from that person as well such as personal information and memories of his old family that only the pilot would've known then maybe it would be a bit more convincing. Again that's just me being pessimistic.

Supposing reincarnation were real and stories like this are true then the fascinating question to me is what links the two lives? How does the memories and experiences transfer from a dead person to an unborn one? Through a soul or spirit? If so then how is the new person selected to have the soul of the old person? Is there any time limit for reincarnation? (this case would've been about 70 odd years so what happened to the soul in those 70 years?). Fascinating to think about!

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

12.06.2021 | 11:23 PM ET

Whoa sorry to hear that... That must be an Aussie thing I dunno.. I have had some mystical experiences on shrooms and even xtc.... shrooms boost your pineal gland with a shot of psilocybin... Don't give up Rome wasn't built in a day

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

12.06.2021 | 11:31 PM ET

@Stephen Terry yeah im pretty sceptical person aswell so I dunno.... Eh well I think there may be no limits to what is possible... Maybe some if it happens, reincarnate instantly, maybe some not for a long time... Maybe some go to the etheral realms/plains forever or for a while... Maybe some reincarnate as other life forms/aliens on a world or in a universe far away from ours, or even as animals (I think that would be a penalty of sorts if you worked up to humanoid incarnations, but im unsure if you get to choose your life forms or if its a tier system) Maybe there are realms that would be heaven-esque or hell-esque.. How could you see there or go there? No idea.... Maybe as you said there is just blackness when you die and its all wishful thinking... Maybe you design your lives and body/avatar like in a video game but it never pans out how you designed or intended it, but thats the fun part.. and you review your life after you die and rank it or there is a rating system or "judgement"... Just guessing.. As for how the "spiritual technology" works ie transferring of souls and past life memories, no idea, as you said though fascinating to speculate on... I think collectively souls act as spiritual fuel or pure energy... Maybe we don't have souls? Its cool to speculate, we would have been burned at the stake not long ago for this

* Edited at 12.06.2021, 11:45 PM ET *

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

12.06.2021 | 11:44 PM ET

Well, I'll just throw this out there:

Salvador Dali, the greatest ever surrealist, was a teetotaller.

So, y'know...
WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

12.06.2021 | 11:46 PM ET

Ha maybe in "this life" he was a teetotaller... What about the other ones? Where is he now?

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

12.06.2021 | 11:47 PM ET

Fighting Magnus in the warp?
Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

12.07.2021 | 12:03 AM ET

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

12.07.2021 | 1:19 AM ET

Ticker worth considering. CFVI. NASDAQ.  Very VERY volatile and you'll need to be on point with it due to that. It's going to bumpy ride up and you'll need the stomach for it, more than likely.  Extremely unlikely it dumps below 10. It's virtually impossible for any SPAC to tank below 10$. Trading at around 12.5 as of this minute. It's a fair price assuming your orders fill for that at open. A lot of movement pre-market. 12$ seems to be new resistance.

Definitely worth a play. It's cheap enough and enough looks right to take a punt. Target price around 26 bucks IMO.

This is not financial advice. I eat crayons.

* Edited at 12.07.2021, 2:44 AM ET *

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,065  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,091
  • Post Score: 334

12.07.2021 | 9:28 AM ET

Used to love researching the topic of afterlife.

Got caught on a subreddit with all nurse's discussing it once. How many of them were bedside as a person was passing away and all had similar experiences. How the person dying would talk to family members and seem happy and content. And it always happens in their final moments or hours. This included medicated and un medicated patient's. The pattern is more proof then the experience.

Then went on a Wikipedia bender. Looking at ancient civilizations and religions to see what they had to say.  Many thousands of years apart and thousands of miles away from each other but had a similar and coincidental view. That we have souls, there is a afterlife and there is a judgement for your actions. Many believe in reincarnation, until you learned your lesson. Much like the Buddhist view of Nirvana. 

So try not to be a **** too much or you will just keep coming back until you are not a ****. That's my opinion.

* Edited at 12.07.2021, 9:29 AM ET *

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

Xconchris
Xconchris

12.07.2021 | 9:33 AM ET

My personal experience after my mother passed away. I has a sort of vivid dream. She was sitting at a restaurant table talking to me..later I found out that was a common place people who have claimed to talk to someone after they passed. I remember interrupting her and asking her what happens when we die. I just remember her eyes darting left to right like someone was watching or observing her and her saying we aren't aloud to say. Then I remember waking out and the thought came into my head that we agreed to do this again..not as a meeting but a mother/son combo in the next life. Really odd.

Xconchris
Xconchris

12.07.2021 | 9:37 AM ET

Always thought this was interesting. How famous comedian Sam Kinison  died. 

Page 16

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Coach counters Daniel Cormier’s Islam Makhachev claim, says ‘nobody is more dangerous’ than Khabib Nurmagomedov
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 305 lands in Perth, Australia on Aug. 17
  • MMA Mania : Latest UFC Saudi Arabia Fight Card, ABC Lineup
  • MMA Mania : Never Mind! Colby Won’t Fight Down For Garry
  • Jits Magazine : UFC Star Jack Della Maddalena Promoted To BJJ Black Belt
  • UFC.com : Dana White Announces Main Event For UFC Saudi Arabia On June 22
  • MMA Junkie : UFC Saudia Arabia fight card announced with Robert Whittaker vs. Khamzat Chimaev headliner
  • MMA Mania : Khamzat Vs Whittaker Headlines UFC Saudi Arabia
  • MMAFighting.com : Khamzat Chimaev vs. Robert Whittaker set as UFC Saudi Arabia main event, 4 more fights announced
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Sandman Sees Suga Stop The Machine
  • UFC.com : UFC And Tourism WA Announce Multiyear Deal To Bring Two Action-Packed MMA Events To Perth
  • MMA Mania : UFC Atlantic City Odds, Under Dogs And Best Bets!
  • MMA Junkie : UFC free fight: Charles Oliveira rallies to light up Michael Chandler for first title win
  • MMA Mania : ‘Are We Fighting Or What?!’
  • MMA Junkie : Javier Mendez disagrees with Daniel Cormier's claim that Islam Makhachev more dangerous than Khabib Nurmagomedov
  • MMA Junkie : Cory Sandhagen: UFC champ Sean O'Malley has 'really good shot' of finishing Merab Dvalishvili
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘A win and a knockout’: Wardley prepared to put on a show against Clarke
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘A win and a knockout’: Fabio Wardley prepared to put on a show against Frazer Clarke
  • MMA Mania : Eblen ‘Blows Through’ Adesanya, Reaches Strickland In MMA March Madness
  • MMA Junkie : Why UFC on ESPN 54's Vicente Luque accepted dangerous Joaquin Buckley replacement