Tapology Forums

Wobble-shop Benjo: ****-wool raked up out the half-rats Skilamalink fly-rink O' Baldric Eggling.

Closed Thread

This thread has been closed to new posts.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

11.01.2021 | 6:35 PM ET

This thread will function as a kind of omnium gatherum for the melange of dissenting observations and opinions I have about MMA, MMA bouts and fighters, things I find humorous, and essentially any other thing. Why? Because sewage warrants proper curation as much as anything else. Arguably more.

Toshers and specklebellies welcome. No mutton-shunters, namby-pambys or needy-mizzlers. Pull up a stool and smother the parrot.

* Edited at 11.01.2021, 6:47 PM ET *

Closed Thread

This thread has been closed to new posts.

Responses Page 10

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,560
  • Post Score: 275

11.25.2021 | 9:06 AM ET

Warning - this is not a politics forum.

"I live, I die, I live again."

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

11.25.2021 | 3:12 PM ET

Sorry Greg. Wasn't sure if that one qualified or not, it was meant to be about the importance of the OCC and the Fed.
Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

11.25.2021 | 6:58 PM ET

Chookagian vs Maia.

Katlyn Chookagian   vs.   Jennifer Maia 

This isn't a fight. It's gaslighting.

Can anyone here give me a credible reason as to why this thing needs to happen again in the span of two years--or for that matter ever again at all? What was so gripping about that first grotesquely extended game of patty-cake and dip n' sniff between the Hamburgler (transburgler?) and Ron Perlman in Drag that it could possibly compel a do-over?  Was when it ended with them audaciously embracing (completely oblivious to the malaise of the utterly somnambulated crowd) as though they'd put on a fight that didn't make every paying fan in the world in attendance and otherwise seriously contemplate cancelling their fight pass subscription?

It was like watching a pair of late forties streetcrawlers, their skins leathered to pack horse saddles by a lifetime of unfiltered menthols, TV dinners and miscarriages, squabbling feebly over the last bottle of crab shampoo in the drug store, getting beaten out the door with a broom by the pharmacist, discovering said shampoo contains alcohol and subsequently getting lushed on it together in the car park before passing out spooning in a drain and a little roiling cumulus of flies. What a great time for everybody.

I don't know what variety of congenital imbecile Shelby is, but if I had to guess, he's the kind who would veer off during a walk in the park nibble on a rain-drenched half-eaten Hoagie drooping flaccidly out the slot of an overstuffed garbage can, get salmonella poisoning, spend 24 hours in the ICU, then immediately upon release run back and eat the rest of it just to make sure it was as bad as he and nursing staff assumed it was.

I am no more inclined to watch this thing than I would be to spend my upcoming weekend visiting a local retirement complex which  houses none of my elderly relatives at all, for the purpose of waiting to see which stinky wrinkly fudges themselves first at the communal prune-pudding swill trough.

I don't know or care. Chookagian dec.

* Edited at 11.25.2021, 8:48 PM ET *

Cheeseball
Cheeseball
  • Predictions:  13,293  |  71.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,943
  • Post Score: 247

11.25.2021 | 7:08 PM ET

I will give this thread a reluctant follow. This is going to be a wild read.

"🌽⚽️"

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,138  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,131
  • Post Score: 333

11.25.2021 | 8:26 PM ET

Those female break downs are simply glorious

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,560
  • Post Score: 275

11.26.2021 | 11:23 AM ET

Baldric it's not just that post. It's a pattern of infusing small politics/social issues into your other posts and memes. Please cut it out. It's the only way to keep the peace here.

"I live, I die, I live again."

Tosh
Tosh
  • Predictions:  9,839  |  67.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,128
  • Post Score: 180

11.26.2021 | 12:18 PM ET

@Baldric

Just checked out this, your latest thread, in hopes it would consist of the part of you that occasionally makes me laugh.  Meandering into (around and through) racial and political territories, though, is the point at which you always lose me.

Perhaps you can't help yourself, and this thread is just for you to listen to the sound of your own wit. (I suspect that this is the reason why a majority of the posts here are lengthy and are yours).  A bit of grace might increase attendance, unless holding forth is your goal, and we are merely your audience. 
      It's your thread, which I respect. 
However.
     Your offhand comments ("he is also an affiliate of BLM"), for example, are one way you disparage and decry nouns, possibly believing that most of us are not bright enough to grasp the (brilliant, really) cunning way you have with words, bending them just short of the line--a lengthier line than my own.
     BLM is a culture, an ethnicity that is not yours to bandy about, or cleverly attach using protective punctuation that you use for justification.
     Your ramblings lose power when you weave defamation into the mix, B!
Use your talent for good, not evil lol.  You've plenty of it.

"He who hesitates meditates in a horizontal position""

Casual008
Casual008
  • Predictions:  4,532  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,865
  • Post Score: 259

11.26.2021 | 2:18 PM ET

Isn't what your doing Tosh incredibly unfair? He's just been warned about political discussions and now your criticizing his use of political comments knowing full well he can't actually respond, because he's just been warned about discussing politics. Your end spiel doesn't even make sense, there's nothing evil or defaming about what Eggling wrote. 

I digresses of course but perhaps DM or email Eggling if you actually want to discuss this because we all know full well he can't, that is if it wasn't easy grandstanding. 

"They're sorcerers they don't get knocked out"

Casual008
Casual008

11.26.2021 | 2:24 PM ET

Egging I remember you having a ridiculous thumbnail forum but I can't find it. Thought this was hilarious. 

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,536
  • Post Score: 262

11.26.2021 | 2:55 PM ET

"Quack quack quack"

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,238  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,309
  • Post Score: 285

11.26.2021 | 4:43 PM ET

@Casual008

When the time comes, the magnitude of her Majesty's passing will legitimately cause Big Ben to explode. 

Fun but useless trivia: Big Ben is the name of the bell inside the building, not the building itself. The building is the House of Commons and the attached clock tower is called the Elizabeth Tower.

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

Casual008
Casual008

11.26.2021 | 5:02 PM ET

Than it's only fitting the Elizabeth Tower explodes in the wake of the Queen's death. 

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

11.26.2021 | 5:06 PM ET

@Greg I am doing my best. It's hard, you know. Just about everything is political now in some way. I'll respond to Tosh because he made a good post and deserves a response, and then I'll be done with it:

@Tosh I'm not under obligation to be an ally of any particular interest group and nor is any interest group or culture for that matter excused from satire or critique. And moreoever the fact that I'm not the correct 'ethnicity' for the pertaining interest group does not mean my right to criticise it is voided--in fact even less than that, that tis means I can't point out when its members commit atrocities and crimes in its name. I am against the culture of paedophilia. If that culture 'unionised' and formed a lobby/interest group ( N.A.M.B.L.A) would they be at that point inoculated against criticism?  When I am critiquing or satirising any interest group, this does not indicate that I am 'against' the ethnicities of people who are members of them. For example, one is not a misanthrope because they condemn a child molester, a ****** or murder. 

Not that that's what I was doing in the example you cited. I was merely reporting facts. Facts are not political. They may be politicised, but that is quite another thing altogether. Defamation is only defamation if whatever has been published can be deemed as being not essentially true. You need not take my word for it. Do your own research. Since it is essentially true that the assailant is an affiliate of the pertaining interest group, what I wrote could not be considered defamation in any context.  And finally, I submit to you that the interest group that is the subject of this conversation has done nothing for the ethnicity it espouses to champion in any way at all. Those people have not been its beneficiaries. It is, like most interest groups, a grift. Follow the money. I guarantee when you see the numbers--which speak more truly than words, you'll quickly form the same opinion of it as I have.

Have you ever stopped to really consider the Minotaur at the heart of the labyrinth in your argument? The end-game of exponential censorship? I mean really. What would the world look like if no one could say or write anything derogatory or that would otherwise be deemed offensive about anyone or anything in existence, ever again? Meditate on that for a moment. Imagine a world of wombles, utterly devoid and incapable of any meaningful opinion or native thought, terrified at all times that they'll ride the lightning because they disliked an image of some other womble's salad on a social media post.  No Art. No real Art, anyway. No discourse, no robust debate, argument, discussion. Just a grey universe of infantilised identikit meat robot imbeciles linking arms and walking torpidly like an undead horde to comic-con.

And who would decide what constituted an infraction? The individual? Or a bureaucracy? Would you prefer millions of self-serving despots lawfaring one another over trivialities, or a cabal composed of intelligentsia? What would be deemed offensive would have no limit other than the scope of humanity's predilection to outrage. And that, Tosh, is absolutely limitless.

My Golden rule for dealing with others is very simple. I don't care what colour you are. I don't care about what is between your legs. I care about what is in your heart, and your mind. It's really not complicated at all. I write filthy things about fighters of this forum because it's funny, not because I believe it, in the same way that people  gleefully kill people in call of duty but would never consider doing that in real life. It just isn't reality. In truth, I respect every single person that walks into that cage and has the door locked behind them.

Edit because: I can't grammar.

* Edited at 11.26.2021, 7:39 PM ET *

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

11.26.2021 | 5:09 PM ET

@Casual008

That scenario is entirely hypothetical as of course we all know that she's immortal.

Casual008
Casual008

11.26.2021 | 5:14 PM ET

Dang, and I was really looking forward to that. 

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

11.26.2021 | 5:44 PM ET

@Casual008

Well you know what they say..... If you want a job done properly, you've gotta do it yourself.

* Edited at 11.26.2021, 5:44 PM ET *

Cheeseball
Cheeseball

11.26.2021 | 5:59 PM ET

@tosh

I consider myself a supporter of blm but I think its unfair to say not supporting them is inherently evil. But I do agree this thread should hopefully lean more towards MMA discussion and funny miscellaneous stuff rather then unfunny Biden/AOC memes.

"🌽⚽️"

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

11.26.2021 | 6:27 PM ET

I hate politics! One of the main issues with society people seem to not realise is we have a non hard, unsound money system... How can this be fixed?

* Edited at 11.26.2021, 6:30 PM ET *

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

11.26.2021 | 7:10 PM ET

@Cheese let's try an exercise:

Let's say you go to a comedy club and a guy is doing standup.

He makes a joke about fat people. You aren't fat, and don't get offended by it, and laugh, because you are not fat. Then he makes a joke about the Irish, and you don't get offended by it, and laugh, because you are not Irish. Then he makes a joke about women, and you don't get offended, and laugh, because you are not a woman. You have no intention of ever complaining about any of these jokes, and do not campaign for the comedian who told them to be cancelled.

Then he makes a Joke about being trans. Being trans, you become offended, and heckle the comedian while he's in the middle of his act, and afterwards campaign for the comedian to be cancelled.

Do you see the hypocrisy in this hypothetical situation?  Can you imagine what it would be like if every single person in the crowd were to become offended by everything--every possible subject of comedy?

You can please some of the people some of the time. But you can't please all the people all of the time. Humour is subjective. Just because you don't find something does not mean that others also don't, and a lot of time what offends you is not going to be offensive to somebody else.

* Edited at 11.26.2021, 8:03 PM ET *

Cheeseball
Cheeseball

11.26.2021 | 7:44 PM ET

The jokes aren't that funny to me but its your choice to make them. By no means am I trying to cancel you.

"🌽⚽️"

Page 10

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : Haney vs Garcia: Live updates and results, 8 pm ET
  • Jits Magazine : Bianca Basilio To Face Nanami Ichikawa At ONE Fight Night 22
  • Jits Magazine : Three Invites Announced For ADCC 2024 Under 77kg Division
  • MMA Junkie : PFL signs top prospect Paul Hughes, says promotion president
  • MMAFighting.com : PFL 3 Results: Magomed Umalatov remains unbeaten, Brendan Loughnane gets back on track with quick win
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 3 full results: Magomed Umalatov, Shamil Musaev keep unbeaten records intact
  • MMAFighting.com : Devin Haney vs. Ryan Garcia: Live round-by-round updates
  • MMAFighting.com : Haney vs. Garcia Results: Live updates of the undercard and main event
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Square Up With Yourself, Motherf—ker!
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 3 video: Brendan Loughnane TKOs Pedro Carvalho; stoppage sparks controversy
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 3 video: Shamil Musaev pulverizes Logan Storley with violent knockout blows
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Fighter’s puking causes TKO loss at Dynasty Combat Sports 91
  • MMAFighting.com : Nate Diaz walks out on final tour stop: ‘Square off with yourself motherf**ker’
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 3 video: Gabriel Braga knocks out Justin Gonzales in first fight since father's death
  • MMA Junkie : Nate Diaz bails on final press conference with Jorge Masvidal: 'Square off with yourself, motherf*cker'
  • MMA Junkie : Paige VanZant to fight fellow OnlyFans star Elle Brooke at Misfits Boxing 15
  • MMAFighting.com : Paige VanZant fights Elle Brooke in Misfits Boxing 15 main event
  • MMA Mania : Hill Shrugs Off KO Loss, Books UFC 303 Return
  • MMA Junkie : Jamahal Hill books quick turnaround for UFC 303, faces Khalil Rountree
  • MMAFighting.com : Jamahal Hill vs. Khalil Rountree announced for McGregor vs. Chandler card at UFC 303