Topic: Paul vs. Woodley 2

Paul vs. Woodley 2

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  32,824
  • Post Score: 47

10.29.2021 | 4:21 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
Paul vs. Woodley 2
  • Saturday 12.18.2021 at 09:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View
  • Promotion: Most Valuable Promotions
  • Co-Promoter: Holden Promotions
  • Venue: Amalie Arena
  • Enclosure: Ring
  • Ring Announcer: Jimmy Lennon Jr
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Ariel Helwani
  • Attendance: 18,865
  • Matchmaker: Eric Bottjer
  • Boxing Bouts: 7
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
(Boxing)   Jake Paul  defeats  Tyron Woodley via KO/TKO, Right Hook   2:12 Round 6 of 8, 17:12 Total Bout Page
(Boxing)   Amanda Serrano  defeats  Miriam Gutierrez via Decision, Unanimous   10 Rounds, 20:00 Total Bout Page
(Boxing)   Deron Williams  defeats  Frank Gore via Decision, Split   4 Rounds, 12:00 Total Bout Page
(Boxing)   Liam Paro  defeats  Yomar Alamo via Decision, Split   10 Rounds, 30:00 Total Bout Page
(Boxing)   Chris Avila  defeats  Anthony Taylor via Decision, Majority   8 Rounds, 24:00 Total Bout Page
(Boxing)   J'Leon Love  defeats  Marcus Oliveira via Decision, Unanimous   8 Rounds, 24:00 Total Bout Page
(Boxing)   Jeovanny Estela  defeats  Chris Rollins via Decision, Unanimous   4 Rounds, 12:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 15

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

12.19.2021 | 12:43 AM ET

Welp merry Christmas everybody, especially Greg, I will continue to pray that you open your heart Jesus.

I will be gone a while.

Deuces.   
CrimsonChinGuru
CrimsonChinGuru
  • Predictions:  3,103  |  64.0%
  • Forum Posts:  10,536
  • Post Score: 109

12.19.2021 | 12:44 AM ET

Predictions: 4 of 7 Winners, 3 Perfect, 275 Points   |   Tied for 212th

Whoever put Paul's KO as a right hook is drunk.

* Edited at 12.19.2021, 12:44 AM ET *

"They killed Jesus for speaking the truth..."

xJUSTBLEEDx
xJUSTBLEEDx
  • Predictions:  4,269  |  65.8%
  • Forum Posts:  387
  • Post Score: 267

12.19.2021 | 12:45 AM ET

Predictions: 5 of 7 Winners, 3 Perfect, 325 Points   |   Tied for 130th

Jorge probably agrees to fight him next and gets knocked out, Paul is out to embarrass MMA as a whole - he's smart enough to not **** with real journeymen boxers, never mind high-level guys (and that's fine, he's not an actual boxer although I'd like to see someone shut him up)

"I'm not imprezzed by your performance."

MattyViceGrip
MattyViceGrip
  • Predictions:  8,145  |  72.5%
  • Forum Posts:  4,036
  • Post Score: 236

12.19.2021 | 12:51 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 7 Winners, 5 Perfect, 475 Points   |   Tied for 2nd with 2 others

"Pound for Pound! Headshot, dead!"

SepticTank
SepticTank
  • Forum Posts:  13
  • Post Score: 262

12.19.2021 | 1:01 AM ET

Heat Wave

Go on youtube and look at the videos of the ko. ALREADY there's comments with over 30 "likes" of people calling the fight a fix and saying it was a cherry pick because of the short notice. Go ahead and give Paul Khabib, Diaz, Shields, Fury, McGregor... He'll take them all out. This is a splendid reign of terror this former Disneytouber has had over MMA fighters, up to this point. I remember Clarissa Shields saying he put a "no KO" clause in the first Woodley fight (impossible) as an excuse for why Woodley didn't finish Paul... I wonder if he put an "extra KO" clause in this one. I'm actually interested in his next fight, knowing he's willing and able to seriously damage one of his celebrity opponents. 
xJUSTBLEEDx
xJUSTBLEEDx
  • Predictions:  4,269  |  65.8%
  • Forum Posts:  387
  • Post Score: 267

12.19.2021 | 1:09 AM ET

If you think that KO was fake or fixed then you're a gigantic idiot. I think Nate would have a realistic chance of beating Jake, the others not so much. Now if he fought a middleweight or a light heavyweight of his own size he'd most likely get murked.

"I'm not imprezzed by your performance."

Sabbath
Sabbath
  • Predictions:  1,861  |  63.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,437
  • Post Score: 239

12.19.2021 | 1:28 AM ET

“I think Nate has a realistic chance of beating Jake”

Predictions: 0 of 0 Winners, 0 Perfect, 0 Points   |   Tied for 420th

* Edited at 12.19.2021, 1:28 AM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 2 months, 3 weeks, 1 day, 23 hours, and 45 minutes from now.
SepticTank
SepticTank
  • Forum Posts:  13
  • Post Score: 262

12.19.2021 | 2:10 AM ET

xJUSTBLEEDx

At this point, I think Nate would get tko'd. The Diaz brothers have never really had great striking, even by mma standards. They've always had good mma striking, but their toughness is undoubtedly their main asset for success and I'm thinking he's torn enough and Paul hits hard enough where the gong would toll for him. I don't know about everyone else, but I've always thought of Woodley as an ironhead who could take shots when it came down to it, not unlike a Robbie Lawler or a Kelvin Gastelum. Yeah, he had been stunned before, but I've always been under the impression that it's easier to get ko'd out of nowhere in an mma fight than in boxing and he's faced the best of the best at 170 lbs and only been really tko'd once. 

Speaking on Woodley, they need to keep an eye on him. As much as I dislike him for him BLM race-baiting antics and lame social media stuff, he looked unlike anyone I've ever seen after a fight. The look on his face was "hell with everything" in facial form and it remained frozen on his face the whole time after the fight. To go from being a big ego like he was as champ to 6 straight losses, especially in a fashion he lost them and to the people he lost them to, it must take a heavy mental toll. A lot of people are making the joke "somebody put Woodley on suicide watch", which isn't out of place, but - when I say it -- I'm dead serious. There's nothing like the sport of prizefighting. It's a lot more groomed than it once was, but I think of it as still being largely comparable to pro wrestling in the sense that most of the guys doing this couldn't succeed anywhere else and mma is still largely "the island of the misfit toys". This is the last sport where guys fail drug tests, miss weight, cheat during fights, get in legal issues, and have fights outside the cage and it can just get brushed off, without them having to be a multi-millionaire, because - in a fairly large part of the mma circle -- it's just accepted. Notice which sport had the most suicides and deaths before 40 --- pro-wrestling. The mental problems wrestlers developed are the same kind of issues I think can just as easily form in mma, because it's got the same environment and the same type of people in it that wrestling once had. There aren't deaths in mma like there was pro-wrestling, but roids and recreational drugs aren't as prevalent as they were back when wrestling was booming. I still think MMA is as likely a sport as any to produce another Justin Levens or just have someone take their own life whether it be intentional or otherwise. Someone like a Woodley, James Vick, or maybe even a Bj Penn could just as easily let the avalanche of heckling from mma "fans" and having their only real defining talent that kept them from being Joe flipping burgers destroyed against their will get to them and take the ultimate plunge. 
ZoomerBet
ZoomerBet
  • Predictions:  2,950  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,135
  • Post Score: 269

12.19.2021 | 2:56 AM ET

Predictions: 3 of 3 Winners, 2 Perfect, 215 Points   |   280th Place

@septic tank 

Whoever down voted obviously didn't read the second paragraph. I just watched the Smashing Machine movie about Mark Kerr for the first time yesterday and I think it relates to what you said. Losing in that way publicly on that stage has to be one of the most difficult things to deal with. 

"Excuse me guys, I want to say something. I want to stay humble, but I have to talk because you guys talk too much"

Sabbath
Sabbath
  • Predictions:  1,861  |  63.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,437
  • Post Score: 239

12.19.2021 | 3:32 AM ET

SepticTank

Predictions: 0 of 0 Winners, 0 Perfect, 0 Points   |   Tied for 420th

As much as I hate to admit it, I agree Tyron needs some form of emotional support. I hate Tyron and all the ******** dropped on him was a product of his own arrogance and obnoxious behavior, but for once I felt legitimate pity for him. He looked like a devout Christian who just found out what a dark web mixtape is. Along with these embarrassing series of losses, you have to consider his personal issues too, such as his recent rough divorce and his money troubles due to burning it all early in his championship. In the span of two years, the welterweight champion second place behind GSP has become a punching bag for a Youtuber who makes profit off of exploiting dumb children. If that ain’t a cry for help, I don’t know what is 
This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 2 months, 3 weeks, 1 day, 23 hours, and 45 minutes from now.
ITJUSTWORKS
ITJUSTWORKS
  • Predictions:  3,317  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  280
  • Post Score: 240

12.19.2021 | 11:15 AM ET

Predictions: 2 of 2 Winners, 1 Perfect, 125 Points   |   Tied for 328th

This fight card never happened

"I fell off harder then those monkeys jumping on the bed"

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

12.19.2021 | 11:54 AM ET

Theres no way this scamming blonde bastard could take out Tyson, Anderson or any Mexican boxer, pretty boy Fury would probably get clipped he is a Love Island star not a real boxer

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

12.19.2021 | 12:21 PM ET

@Sabbath Woodley's wife divorced him? That cash grabbing **** carousel riding *****!!! I thought black women stuck by their man unlike fickle white women?! 
Woodley needs to make up for the money his wife and her lawyers stole but its a tough road

* Edited at 12.19.2021, 12:50 PM ET *

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

Drmaxis2
Drmaxis2
  • Predictions:  2,823  |  71.0%
  • Forum Posts:  558
  • Post Score: 478

12.19.2021 | 1:24 PM ET

#1 Best Ass in Boxing

"What a Grand and Intoxicating Profile"

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,252  |  64.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,243
  • Post Score: 137

12.19.2021 | 1:30 PM ET

Predictions: 2 of 3 Winners, 1 Perfect, 125 Points   |   Tied for 328th

Nice temple shot funny he ran away first fight tyron no camp was his speed i guess.
Next hell wanna fight delahoya or maybe bob barker.

"Weasel Piss *********" Dan Hooker

a***
a***
  • Predictions:  1,187  |  77.9%
  • Forum Posts:  93
  • Post Score: 201

12.21.2021 | 7:19 PM ET

Paul vs. Woodley 2

https://twitter.com/i/status/1473102670013480961

Page 15

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : LIVE! Chicago Highlights, Streaming Updates TONIGHT!
  • MMAFighting.com : Ryan Garcia chugs beer after badly missing weight, chaos overtakes final Devin Haney faceoff
  • MMA Mania : Mega Prospect Ready For UFC Call Up
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Alex Perez Details Why Steve Erceg Got UFC Title Shot Over Muhammad Mokaev
  • MMA Mania : Garcia Chugs A Beer, Stares Down Fired-Up Haney
  • Bad Left Hook : Terence Crawford to face Israil Madrimov for WBA title at 154
  • MMAFighting.com : Devin Haney vs. Ryan Garcia weigh-in video
  • MMA Junkie : Photos: 2024 PFL 3 ceremonial weigh-ins, fighter faceoffs
  • MMAFighting.com : PFL newcomer Goiti Yamauchi inspired by Ronaldo in recovery from gruesome knee injury
  • MMA Junkie : MMA promotion adds bonus inspired by Max Holloway's UFC 300 knockout, and it's pretty wild
  • MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier: Michael Chandler 'not driving the sales' in Conor McGregor fight, unlikely to get PPV points
  • Middle Easy : Jake Paul Lays Down $10 Million MMA Challenge to Nate Diaz and Jorge Masvidal: ‘I Want Either One’
  • MMA Mania : Garcia Misses Weight In Latest Circus Stunt
  • MMAFighting.com : Devin Haney vs. Ryan Garcia weigh-in video live now
  • Bad Left Hook : Charlo invokes right to Madrimov title fight
  • Jits Magazine : Free Fight Friday: Renato Canuto vs Damon Morgan
  • MMA Junkie : Nate Diaz sued by Rodney Petersen over 2023 New Orleans street fight
  • MMA Junkie : Nate Diaz sued by 'Not Logan Paul' Rodney Petersen over 2023 New Orleans street fight
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! Haney Vs Garcia Official Weigh Ins!
  • MMAFighting.com : Nate Diaz targeted in new Rodney Petersen lawsuit for New Orleans street brawl, Diaz rep responds