Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Walker vs. Hill

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  32,829
  • Post Score: 47

10.14.2021 | 1:33 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
Bout   Info
Jamahal Hill   defeats   Johnny Walker   via KO/TKO, Overhand Right   2:55 Round 1 of 5 Bout Page
Kyle Daukaus   defeats   Jamie Pickett   via Submission, D'arce Choke   4:59 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Parker Porter   defeats   Alan Baudot   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jim Miller   defeats   Nikolas Motta   via KO/TKO, Right Hook to Ground Strikes   1:58 Round 2 of 3, 6:58 Total Bout Page
Joaquin Buckley   defeats   Abdul Razak Alhassan   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
David Onama   defeats   Gabriel Benítez   via KO/TKO, Punches (standing TKO)   4:24 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Stephanie Egger   defeats   Jessica-Rose Clark   via Submission, Armbar   3:44 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Chas Skelly   defeats   Mark Striegl   via KO/TKO, Knee to Hammerfists   2:01 Round 2 of 3, 7:01 Total Bout Page
Gloria de Paula   defeats   Diana Belbiţă   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Chad Anheliger   defeats   Jesse Strader   via KO/TKO, Counter Left to Ground and Pound   3:33 Round 3 of 3, 13:33 Total Bout Page
Jonathan Pearce   defeats   Christian Rodriguez   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Mario Bautista   defeats   Jay Perrin   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 10

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  15,837  |  67.4%
  • Forum Posts:  31,989
  • Post Score: 87

02.14.2022 | 1:58 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 470 Points   |   Tied for 2332nd

Tbf Rodriguez is good enough to earn his spot but this is a tough fight for
Him

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

Mazim
Mazim
  • Predictions:  3,274  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  43
  • Post Score: 114

02.14.2022 | 2:10 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 465 Points   |   Tied for 2386th

Walker vs. Hill
Johnny Walker, TKO, R4
😂Walker is wild on the feet. Very athletic fighter with a lot of power in his hands. I like Walker's creative striking. Unorthodox style which confuses his oppoments and he can wrestle. Hill is tall and rangey with good technical striking. Boxes a lot with some well time leg kicks. Jamahal is a high volume striker who just presses forward and steals the more significant strikes in exchanges. I think Walkers path to victory in this fight has to be his unorthodox style and volume. If he tries to fight a technical fight Hill will just piece him up and get a late KO. I am picking Walker here because I think he has a lot more to mix in with the striking and he will keep Jamahal guessing until he lamds one of those flash KOs from an explosive strike that we didn't see coming.

Daukaus vs. Pickett
Jamie Pickett, DEC
Kyle has okay boxing and good grappling. No takedown accuracy from him though which is a huge concern because I think this is something he'll need in this fight against Pickett. THE NIGHT WOLF is a big fighter and uses length to manage range. However in this fight he's up against someone who is just about his height so the advantage he's used to having may fall away. Question is will Pickett let his hands go or nah? Jamie just doesn't throw in enough for my liking. Very gun shy. TNW has to manage range here, throw some volume and mix in grappling with the takedowns to get the W.

Miller vs. Motta
Nikolas Motta, TKO, R3
Veteran toughness and grit in Miller. He's a good grappler and has decent boxing.Just a bit concerned about the chin, speed and durability of Miller. Motta is my pick here. Jim has a clear advantage of the ground but I think he'll be eating some nasty shots before it gets there. Motta has the athleticism to scramble on the mat with Miller. Motta has the more powerful striking and better movement. Just can't trust an aging Jim Miller.

Buckley vs. Razak Alhassan
Abdul Razak Alhassan, TKO, R2
Big power and aggression from Buckley. Owner of one the greatest KOs in UFC history. Rips the body and head hunts by charging straight forward. I wish he could cut the angles a bit and mix up his movement-same can be said with Razaks wrestling. I think Razak would be so much more successful of he mixed in some grappling in his game. Razaks path to victory here is to keep Buckley guessing. Strike and threaten the takedown with good reaction times for the counter strikes. Buckley doesn't cut angles, he has a low takedown accuracy and tends to has out. So if Razak gets out the 1st I can see him getting a KO via a counter strike.

Porter vs. Baudot
Parker Porter, TKO, R2
Porter always has that willingness to come forward, solid power, volume and good wrestling. Baudot is Ganes team mate so he's probably been training with Gane and has some solid striking of his own. Problem with Baudot is his clear inability to work if the fight hits the mat. Definitely have to back the more well rounded fighter here in Parker. I think he wins this one via G&P.

Strader vs. Anheliger
Chad Anheliger, TKO, R3
The boy Strader sets a solid pace. Traditional boxing style-bangs the body and head hunts. Also has solid takedowns which makes him very well rounded. Chad is all about that power striking, solid BJJ on the ground with some mean strikes when gets on top. Chad isn't easy to control on the ground because he has a good getup game. Striker VS Striker match here. Strader is just a bit too predictable with the boxing. Chad will figure him out and I trust him to get a KO here via a counter strike.

Skelly vs. Striegl
Chas Skelly, SUB, R2
Skelly always bring the heat. Coming off a 2 year loss though. I think he's been training though so I trust he'll be prepared coming into this fight. He's a jiu-jitsu style fight with kicks that hurt if they land clean. Great chain wrestling from Mugan, always chasing the takedown but tends to look uncomfortable in the striking. Mugen has decent power if he connects, very dangerous on the ground of he times a takedown accurately...Skelly is the better fighter in the stand-up & is most certainly prepared to grapple to find a SUB.

Belbiţă vs. de Paula
Gloria de Paula, DEC
Volume striker + experience in Belbita. Comes forward with pressure, has some BJJ and G&P. Has some low fight IQ though but is also technical striker. de Paula's lack of experience makes me want to fade her here. de Paula is actually the much better striker than Belbita but I think the wrestling/wrestling offense of Belbita will throw her striking off. If she gets into her rhythm she may be able to outsrike and win by DEC. Belbita displays some bad decision making in fights so maybe she might not mix in her takedowns and keep it striking which makes it possible for de Paula to out strike her or land another one of those surprise KOs.

Clark vs. Egger
Stephanie Egger, DEC
Solid wrestling from Clark with a few takedowns in her last fight. She's a good boxer with power and a convincing win against her last opponent. Hard fight to pick. Sloppy striking from Egger, forward pressure + takedowns + control against the cage is her type of game. Whoever wrestles first might steal this W. Really tempted to pick Egger as an underdog. I think she defends the takedowns, uses a bit of her striking to get in th clinch and secure takedowns. Just see her scoring points and slowly pulling away.

Benítez vs. Onama
David Onama, DEC
Benitez has great movement and picks his shots well. Mean kicks and a good takedown defence. He'll probably need to defend a few takedowns in this fight. Onama likes to control the pace with forward pressure. Good striking in the clinch by Onama. Struggles with grappling and takedowns but with an all striking fight Onama should win based on him being the overall better striker. If Benitez mixes in the grappling he might have a chance.

"No guts, no glory."

JReynolds47
JReynolds47
  • Predictions:  12,444  |  72.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7,508
  • Post Score: 13

02.14.2022 | 2:23 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 615 Points   |   Tied for 535th

yea ill take that with a grain of salt. 60% lol

"Jarno Errens, Damir Hadzovic"

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

02.14.2022 | 2:27 PM ET

Walker ko is one of the craziest picks I’ve seen on this site

HiDefff
HiDefff

02.14.2022 | 2:29 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 290 Points   |   Tied for 3268th

LMAO his UFC pick % is better than yours. Take that with a grain of salt. 
JReynolds47
JReynolds47

02.14.2022 | 2:33 PM ET

yea when i ****** around with the first half lol ok

JReynolds47
JReynolds47

02.14.2022 | 2:33 PM ET

still higher by a mile

JReynolds47
JReynolds47

02.14.2022 | 2:34 PM ET

Jamie Pickett and Johnny Walker are gonna get destroyed, shows he dosent know what hes talking about

JReynolds47
JReynolds47

02.14.2022 | 2:36 PM ET

bruh you got a 62 percent. not much better

Thesnake101
Thesnake101
  • Predictions:  14,822  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,006
  • Post Score: 207

02.14.2022 | 2:41 PM ET

@KnifeRusty

Predictions: 10 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 680 Points   |   Tied for 79th

Rodriguez did blow his chances in the contender series by missing weight at BW by a fair amount, and he's fought at FW before. He's on the shorter side, and Pearce will definitely have a size advantage over him, but I wouldn't call him a true BW given that he can't reliably make that weight.

And surviving the striking of Kamaka isn't exactly a great feat given the lack of power Kai has. Jon should be able to impose his will through grappling though.
HiDefff
HiDefff

02.14.2022 | 2:46 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 290 Points   |   Tied for 3268th

Again check the UFC %. No one cares that you pad your overall record with Invicta Bellasnore and ACA. none of that **** matters other than to inflate your ******** pick percentage. 

as far as your UFC picks. its nothing to write home about. Keep up the sweet Invicta picks tho bro 
UFC 412 231   -   181 56.1%
AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

02.14.2022 | 2:46 PM ET

My take on that fight is close on the feet one sided on the wrestling. Rodriguez has good tdd but is poor offensively 

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

02.14.2022 | 2:50 PM ET

Also pick percentage means nothing. Fantasy challenges tell all

JReynolds47
JReynolds47

02.14.2022 | 2:51 PM ET

its mma ofcourse im gonna pick other organizations. most of 2021 i was clueless and biased sometimes it worked and sometimes it didnt. i am getting better by each event. and yea i can talk my **** because i have a higher percent than you. i was at like 58 percent before i started to try. so im pretty sure i can get the ufc pick percent up to

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke
  • Predictions:  29,460  |  80.7%
  • Forum Posts:  4,545
  • Post Score: 237

02.14.2022 | 2:53 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 555 Points   |   Tied for 1308th

just compete against your previous self, don't worry about what people say about % either way. People get really worked up on this site

"Throughout my career I've learned that "If you win you're the ****, if you lose it's bad." - Bruno "Blindadao" Silva"

JReynolds47
JReynolds47

02.14.2022 | 2:53 PM ET

56.9%

JReynolds47
JReynolds47

02.14.2022 | 2:54 PM ET

wow your really hittin it out of the park. you have .8 ufc percent higher than me

Lafrance
Lafrance
  • Predictions:  9  |  55.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 100

02.14.2022 | 2:57 PM ET

Predictions

Predictions: 5 of 9 Winners, 0 Perfect, 250 Points   |   Tied for 3331st

Rough Draft
Johnny Walker
Kyle Daukaus
Joaquin Buckley
Parker Porter
Chad Anheliger
Diana Belbita

Jessica Rose Clark
David Onama

JoseLobo
JoseLobo
  • Predictions:  2,784  |  65.2%
  • Forum Posts:  171
  • Post Score: 212

02.14.2022 | 2:58 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 520 Points   |   Tied for 1690th

What concern is there here for the win rate...

" Don’t ever doubt me again. Don’t you ever bully somebody. Don’t you ever talk about somebody and think you’re better than them.”"

JoseLobo
JoseLobo
  • Predictions:  2,784  |  65.2%
  • Forum Posts:  171
  • Post Score: 212

02.14.2022 | 3:03 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 520 Points   |   Tied for 1690th

Fantasy Challenges...what is 

" Don’t ever doubt me again. Don’t you ever bully somebody. Don’t you ever talk about somebody and think you’re better than them.”"

Page 10

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : PFL signs top prospect Paul Hughes, says promotion president
  • MMAFighting.com : PFL 3 Results: Magomed Umalatov remains unbeaten, Brendan Loughnane gets back on track with quick win
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 3 full results: Magomed Umalatov, Shamil Musaev keep unbeaten records intact
  • MMAFighting.com : Devin Haney vs. Ryan Garcia: Live round-by-round updates
  • MMAFighting.com : Haney vs. Garcia Results: Live updates of the undercard and main event
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Square Up With Yourself, Motherf—ker!
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 3 video: Brendan Loughnane TKOs Pedro Carvalho; stoppage sparks controversy
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 3 video: Shamil Musaev pulverizes Logan Storley with violent knockout blows
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Fighter’s puking causes TKO loss at Dynasty Combat Sports 91
  • MMAFighting.com : Nate Diaz walks out on final tour stop: ‘Square off with yourself motherf**ker’
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 3 video: Gabriel Braga knocks out Justin Gonzales in first fight since father's death
  • MMA Junkie : Nate Diaz bails on final press conference with Jorge Masvidal: 'Square off with yourself, motherf*cker'
  • MMA Junkie : Paige VanZant to fight fellow OnlyFans star Elle Brooke at Misfits Boxing 15
  • MMAFighting.com : Paige VanZant fights Elle Brooke in Misfits Boxing 15 main event
  • MMA Mania : Hill Shrugs Off KO Loss, Books UFC 303 Return
  • MMA Junkie : Jamahal Hill books quick turnaround for UFC 303, faces Khalil Rountree
  • MMAFighting.com : Jamahal Hill vs. Khalil Rountree announced for McGregor vs. Chandler card at UFC 303
  • MMA Mania : UFC 300 Judge Apologizes For Oliveira Score
  • MMAFighting.com : Diaz vs. Masvidal Los Angeles press conference video
  • Middle Easy : Former UFC Fighter Paige VanZant Rumored For May 25 Boxing Match Against Influencer Elle Brooke