Topic: Bellator 272

Bellator 272: Pettis vs. Horiguchi

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  32,365
  • Post Score: 47

10.06.2021 | 2:40 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
Bellator 272
  • Friday 12.03.2021 at 07:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Showtime
  • Promotion: Bellator MMA
  • Ownership: Bellator Sport Worldwide, LLC
  • Venue: Mohegan Sun Arena
  • Enclosure: Cage
  • TV Announcers: Mauro Ranallo, John McCarthy
  • Ring Announcer: Michael C. Williams
  • Post-Fight Interviews: John McCarthy
  • MMA Bouts: 11
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Sergio Pettis   defeats   Kyoji Horiguchi   via KO/TKO, Spinning Back Fist   3:24 Round 4 of 5, 18:24 Total Bout Page
Jeremy Kennedy   defeats   Emmanuel Sanchez   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Josh Hill   defeats   Jared Scoggins   via KO/TKO, Overhand Right   0:56 Round 2 of 3, 5:56 Total Bout Page
Johnny Eblen   defeats   Collin Huckbody   via KO/TKO, Punches   1:11 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Alexander Shabliy   defeats   Bobby King   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Kai Kamaka III   defeats   John De Jesus   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Levan Chokheli   defeats   Vinicius de Jesus   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Justin Montalvo   defeats   Jacob Bohn   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Mike Hamel   defeats   Killys Mota   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Spike Carlyle   defeats   Dan Moret   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   2:58 Round 3 of 3, 12:58 Total Bout Page
Kyle Crutchmer   defeats   Oliver Enkamp   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 26

PickMeister
PickMeister
  • Predictions:  92  |  91.3%
  • Forum Posts:  40
  • Post Score: 127

12.04.2021 | 4:24 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 6 Winners, 0 Perfect, 250 Points   |   Tied for 898th

Ill take on everybody. HATE HATE HATE

"Bellator commentary makes me want to kill myself"

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick
  • Predictions:  9,715  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,763
  • Post Score: 273

12.04.2021 | 4:25 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 450 Points   |   Tied for 228th

YOU WANNA FIGHT? WELL I DON'T FIGHT
I JUST MAKE UP WORDS 

"For no particular reason beat up everyone"

PickMeister
PickMeister

12.04.2021 | 4:27 PM ET

I take that back you were trashing japan. FILTHY ****

* Edited at 12.04.2021, 4:28 PM ET *

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick

12.04.2021 | 4:29 PM ET

YOU CAN'T HATE WHAT DOES NOT LOVE I AM A GOD BEYOND THE GOLDEN STARS I FLEW TOO HIGH BUT I'M THE BEST ******* EVA I AM LEGEND

Tieoken
Tieoken
  • Predictions:  1,964  |  59.1%
  • Forum Posts:  3,620
  • Post Score: 313

12.04.2021 | 4:32 PM ET

Predictions: 2 of 2 Winners, 0 Perfect, 100 Points   |   Tied for 1039th

I mean, ask DJ and Eddie how ass Asian promotions are. I just think saying “thank god I didn’t pick an Asian fighter.” Is undeniably racist and possessive of no inherent logic. Remind me to just never pick Jung, Song, Aori, Batgerel, or Shavkat. Despite them all making me money, by winning, but that must be wrong cause they are terrible horrible Asian fighters and all Asian fighters suck? **** that idiocy, fighters suck cause THEY suck, not cause of what race they are. What a fundamentally idiotic concept that belies severe blame displacement.

”Asian fighters are terrible and they all pretty much suck” that’s a correct statement in your mind Fish?

"I’m here to snatch necks and cash checks" - Darrick Minner

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick

12.04.2021 | 4:33 PM ET

I think you took a post too seriously 

PickMeister
PickMeister

12.04.2021 | 4:35 PM ET

In translation
You re a ****** idiot is what he said

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick

12.04.2021 | 4:36 PM ET

You can say what you feel, this is not going to bother me. I said what I feel, I stand by it. 

Tieoken
Tieoken

12.04.2021 | 4:36 PM ET

**** yeah I take that **** seriously. And I’ll do my best to make sure people know that racism is dumb. Like how does an MMA fan be racist towards Asian people. Especially a Japanese fighter, like, do you know where that magical thing that created the UFC came from, maybe you’ve heard of it, “Jiu Jitsu.” Surely it came from a great white mans country. Jesus.

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick

12.04.2021 | 4:37 PM ET

You are taking that comment way too seriously, I probably grew up with more races than you did. I'm not racist, just chill it guy. 

Tieoken
Tieoken

12.04.2021 | 4:42 PM ET

I grew up with more races than you lmfao. “I’m not racist, my shoe shiner is a black man!” Mkay bud.

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick

12.04.2021 | 4:42 PM ET

I'm not gonna argue anymore, there is no sense. 

Tieoken
Tieoken

12.04.2021 | 4:46 PM ET

Maybe you’re not a bad guy. And I’m not trying to argue with you, I just want you to know that what you said was racist. I wouldn’t even try if I didn’t think you weren’t capable of being a decent enough person to grow from it. Just don’t say **** like that, I have to come home to stories of racist ****bags yelling at my wife about the “China virus” at the hospital while she’s trying to save their  lives. She’s not even Chinese. It’s just not cool man. Asian fighters are just fighters. If someone sucks it has nothing to do with their race, maybe they just suck.

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

12.04.2021 | 5:35 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 0 Perfect, 365 Points   |   Tied for 629th

@Tioeken no, that wouldn't be an accurate statement. I'd be more inclined to clip it to 'They pretty much suck right now'. Just looking over the MMA landscape we don't have many really standout Asian fighters. Talent has dropped off in Asia over the last 7 years or so, which isn't something I'd have expected given the growth of MMA in China. What's causing it? I've no idea. It kind of hurts my soul that Japan especially doesn't have a champ.  Given my political predilections I am simpatico with virtually everything that happens in that country.  WAR Japan.

I actually wanted Horiguchi to win. I picked Pettis mostly for trolling purposes, but I'm not shocked he got KO'ed. He's basically the Asian version of Pico; a ridiculously high level talent who makes ridiculously high level errors.

RIZIN is objectively a pile of **** however. It's basically the MMA equivalent of one of those Japanese humiliation shows which features a bunch of bikini models shooting ping pong balls out of their ******s into beer cups, and whichever one scores the lowest has yakisoba thrown at her and has to dunk her head into a bucket of scorpions or whatever. 

I also don't think you should have such a hard-on over racism. It's really not a significant problem in Western societies, and the genuine racists capable of causing harm who are present in them couldn't pack a street corner. Mostly it exists in virtual space, not real space. I'd pull out my mixed-race card here but it would be a bit scurrilous because I visibly don't really present that way in an obvious sense, and I'm not going to say my experience of superficial racism is going to be the same as someone who looks like Wesley Snipes or Bruce Lee.

I call it the China Virus.
Because it came from China.
And because people don't want me to call it that.

*Shrugs*.
Cheeseball
Cheeseball
  • Predictions:  13,280  |  71.6%
  • Forum Posts:  5,943
  • Post Score: 247

12.04.2021 | 5:42 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 425 Points   |   Tied for 336th

Imo the reason there isn't enough Asian champions particularly from China, Japan, and Thailand is because there aren't enough elite gyms. Also Boxing/Kickboxing seem to be the more  preferred combat sports over MMA in those regions.

* Edited at 12.04.2021, 5:43 PM ET *

"🌽⚽️"

Tieoken
Tieoken

12.04.2021 | 6:48 PM ET

That’s my hill and I’ll die on it. If something sucks it sucks, but blaming it on race is just cheap logic.

OldNick
OldNick
  • Predictions:  34,271  |  68.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,404
  • Post Score: 322

12.04.2021 | 7:03 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 350 Points   |   Tied for 660th

Damn people calling Horiguchi a can crusher after beating the piss out Pettis for almost 4 rounds before getting caught. 

If you think Horiguchi is a bum you need your head examined.

"I am ****y in prediction, confident in preparation, but I am always humble in victory or defeat.”

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

12.04.2021 | 7:30 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 0 Perfect, 365 Points   |   Tied for 629th

@Tioeken that isn't a Hill. It's a speed bump. Hardly a challenge. And who exactly is holding that Hill, anyway? The insignificant amount of Neo-Nazis in existence? In what material way does your calling out casual surface-level racism really help or change anything at all? Ask yourself: Is what you're doing righteous, or is it self-righteous? Are you championing this cause because you genuinely care, or because doing so gives you a good feeling? Because those two things are not same. Your generation seems to have much difficulty in making the distinction.

Your girlfriend being exposed to the term 'China Virus' is not really...how can I put this...the worst thing in the world, is it? Certainly, it is not in the same league as being stoned to death for adultery or being sent to a concentration camp on the basis of ethnic stature. Racism, Misogyny, etc in a truly malignant sense does not exist in your country, nor mine. Find one statutory example--anywhere in Law--where either exists as a legal institution. You won't.

If it is a battle you're fighting, it is rather a trivial one. It costs you nothing, you are putting up nothing. And that is why I do not respect it. It has no meaning, nor consequence.
Tieoken
Tieoken

12.04.2021 | 7:52 PM ET

I can easily find a law or a statute, **** the entire affirmative action debacle is racist to the core and that’s several Supreme Court cases?

And your breakdown of actions into a global scale is poor man’s red herring and just as fallacious. Stigma and culture aren’t grandiose war zone efforts to combat life and death levels of racism. The same effort of mentality that goes into mob mentality can define a community’s social mores. And yeah, what my wife goes through isn’t being stoned to death, but the fact that you find generalizing morality to X is less than and not equal to “death” belies the fact that you understand your logic is wrong. Or maybe you would be okay having someone come over and spit in your face for looking Chinese? But, it’s not death so it’s really a mole hill? I’ll apologize if my moral compass is a bit more sophisticated than that.

Casual008
Casual008
  • Predictions:  4,450  |  67.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,865
  • Post Score: 259

12.04.2021 | 7:57 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 350 Points   |   Tied for 660th

What did I stumble into? 

"They're sorcerers they don't get knocked out"

Page 26

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : UFC announces multiyear deal for twice-annual events in Perth starting with UFC 305
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Coach counters Daniel Cormier’s Islam Makhachev claim, says ‘nobody is more dangerous’ than Khabib Nurmagomedov
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 305 lands in Perth, Australia on Aug. 17
  • MMA Mania : Latest UFC Saudi Arabia Fight Card, ABC Lineup
  • MMA Mania : Never Mind! Colby Won’t Fight Down For Garry
  • Jits Magazine : UFC Star Jack Della Maddalena Promoted To BJJ Black Belt
  • UFC.com : Dana White Announces Main Event For UFC Saudi Arabia On June 22
  • MMA Junkie : UFC Saudia Arabia fight card announced with Robert Whittaker vs. Khamzat Chimaev headliner
  • MMA Mania : Khamzat Vs Whittaker Headlines UFC Saudi Arabia
  • MMAFighting.com : Khamzat Chimaev vs. Robert Whittaker set as UFC Saudi Arabia main event, 4 more fights announced
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Sandman Sees Suga Stop The Machine
  • UFC.com : UFC And Tourism WA Announce Multiyear Deal To Bring Two Action-Packed MMA Events To Perth
  • MMA Mania : UFC Atlantic City Odds, Under Dogs And Best Bets!
  • MMA Junkie : UFC free fight: Charles Oliveira rallies to light up Michael Chandler for first title win
  • MMA Mania : ‘Are We Fighting Or What?!’
  • MMA Junkie : Javier Mendez disagrees with Daniel Cormier's claim that Islam Makhachev more dangerous than Khabib Nurmagomedov
  • MMA Junkie : Cory Sandhagen: UFC champ Sean O'Malley has 'really good shot' of finishing Merab Dvalishvili
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘A win and a knockout’: Wardley prepared to put on a show against Clarke
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘A win and a knockout’: Fabio Wardley prepared to put on a show against Frazer Clarke
  • MMA Mania : Eblen ‘Blows Through’ Adesanya, Reaches Strickland In MMA March Madness