Tapology Forums

Mikey Tapology Boxing Corner!

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Mikey1903
Mikey1903
  • Predictions:  48,780  |  73.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,109
  • Post Score: 300

09.26.2021 | 6:27 PM ET

Alright folks, 

As you might know I'm Tapology Boxing editor. I know the majority of you guys are here for MMA, so was I originally. But for the last year or 2 there is a little more interest in Boxing on the site. 

So here's a place to talk boxing. 

"Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe ****! "

Responses Page 29

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,238  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,309
  • Post Score: 285

12.06.2021 | 8:05 PM ET

@Cheeseball

100% chance that downvote was from Ariel Helwani.

EDIT: That stat isn't technically true, someone also downvoted @Mikey1903's thread header post.

* Edited at 12.06.2021, 8:07 PM ET *

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

Cheeseball
Cheeseball
  • Predictions:  13,293  |  71.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,943
  • Post Score: 247

12.06.2021 | 8:22 PM ET

I'm guessing the the guy who downvoted Mikey is a die hard MMA fan who hates everything boxing related. Also the guy who downvoted Matty hates the Celtics and sleeps in Lakers themed pajamas.

* Edited at 12.06.2021, 8:30 PM ET *

"🌽⚽️"

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

12.06.2021 | 8:33 PM ET

I'm the downvoter.

I will allow this thread's header to keep it's 100% upvote rate if this post receives 30 downvotes. 
Mikey1903
Mikey1903

12.06.2021 | 8:43 PM ET

"I will allow".  

Thanks, haha. Next you'll be doing exclusive follows!!! Haha! 

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

12.06.2021 | 8:50 PM ET

Return to tending your cabbages, serf, lest my boot picketh thou winkle.

30 downvotes, nary more, nary less. This is the tithe I am owed, and one befitting a ****** of my rank.

* Edited at 12.06.2021, 8:52 PM ET *

Casual008
Casual008
  • Predictions:  4,532  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,865
  • Post Score: 259

12.08.2021 | 8:56 PM ET

The commie bastards over at the WBA have once again repressed our favorite Cuban, Ugas has to fight Stanionis. 

"They're sorcerers they don't get knocked out"

Mikey1903
Mikey1903

12.09.2021 | 12:06 AM ET

Too much boxing?

Jesus, there is a lot of boxing this weekend!!!  Let me try and list just the important fights(World Titles/Ranked fighters/TV show)
Starting on Friday there's a Russian double header from RCC (who also promote some big MMA events) Friday is the smaller show but it's headlined by WBA World Cruiserweight Title between 2 big punchers ChampnArslan Goulamirian vs hometown favourite Aleksi Egorov. The RCC Saturday show is a good one. WBA World Light Heavyweight Champion, and possible Canelo opponent Dmitry Bivol faces 26-1 (one of Kadyrov boys!) Umar Salamov. Co Main is a no 1 Contender for the WBO World Super Welterweight Title between Hometown favourite Magomed Kurbanov and recent World Champion Patrick Teixeira. Also on that card IBF featherweight no 1 Contender Shavkat Rakhimov and 3 or 4 really good fights between Russia /Ukraine /Tajikistan best. 
In Japan Kosei Tanaka, 3 weight World Champion, returns after his 1st defeat in a low key fight. Still a decent fight but he was on the verge of top 10 P4P ranking last year when he fcaed Kazuto Ioka. Interested to see him back. 
From Dubai, Probellum have their debut event with 2 World Title fights. Filipino wrecking ball Jon Reil Casimero defends his WBO Bantamweight Title vs Liverpools former World Champion Paul Butler.  Sunny Edwards makes the 1st defence of his IBF World Flyweight Title vs Jayson Mama, making it a England vs Philippines World Title double header! Also recent Super Flyweight Champion Donnie Nietes boxes. 
There's an MTK card from Kazakhstan featuring a highly decorated amateur who, if he sticks to the pros could be a contender real quick, Kamshybk Kunkabayev. He's a real dangerous boxer. At least 3 or 4 top Kazakhstan talents on that show too. 

From the UK in Liverpool. Matchroom and DAZN have a show on featuring Britain's next big thing (apparently!) Connor Benn(I honestly think he's losing soon but we do love hyping someone up before they do anything at World level!) He faces former World Champion Chris Algieri and I'm seriously considering betting Algieri, only thing is he's not a puncher and I know UK judges will do all they can to not give him rounds! Anyway, also womens P4P star Katie Taylor (maybe the best female boxer all time if you include Olympic, World amateur and Pro). Unfortunately she's facing a complete no hoper! Do not listen to any promotional ******** talk about Sharipova being any kind of a threat, she's not she's pretty terrible!  On the undercard unfortunately Jordan Gill European title challenge has been cancelled, he's still boxing a late replacement tho no opponent yet? Joe Cordina is boxing, he is a fight or 2 away from challenging for a World Title. He's a tidy boxer, I rate him higher than Conor Benn anyway! There's also Coamhim Agyrko making his Matchroom debut, he could be something. 2020 Olympian Peter McGrail has his 2nd fight, Top amateur Callum French makes his pro debut too. 

Now over to the USA!!! There's a decent show not on a main broadcaster. Well it's got a great headliner. Cameroonian based in Canada Christian Mbili is a top prospect, on the verge of the top 10 at Super Middleweight, huge puncher! He faces former World Title challenger Ronald Ellis. That's a good fight, if Mbili wins he's going to be facing a top 10 guy next. 

Onto Showtime boxing. 1 of my favourites, a true modern day great, Nonito Donaire defends his recently won WBC World Bantamweight Title vs undefeated 24-0 Reymart Gaballo. Always have to wonder when Donaire is going to turn up old in these fights? I don't think it'll be this weekend but you never know? 
The Co Main is a battle of undefeated Welterweights, I'm pretty sure it is a IBF eliminator (winner becomes mandatory) between Uzbek Kudratillo Abdukakarov and Canadian based in the Mayweather gym Cody Crowley both guys are 19-0. Should be a good fight. 
There's also a great fight that I'm certain is an IBF eliminator at 122lbs between, another Filipino Marlon Tapales and Japan's Teshigawara. I have a bad feeling that its not part of the 3 fight main card and Showtime don't broadcast undercard anywhere so won't be able to see it! 
There's a tremendous US prospect who is opening the Showtime broadcast tho. Brandun Lee, if you haven't seen this kid check him out. He is a super talent!!!!  I'm not Boots Ennis high on him but I'm not far from it!!! 

Finally on ESPN!!!! The return of Lomachenko!!!!  Still a superb P4P level boxer!!! His last fight vs Nakatani was both exquisite and brutal!!!  He faces Richard Commey. A stereotypical Ghanaian great, strong, solid and a huge powerful right hand! 
Commey is a legit top 6 Lightweight and if he catches Loma with that straight Right he'll do serious damage. I don't think he will tho. That loss to Teofimo seems to have lit a fire under Loma that, I think, takes him back to World Championships next year. 
The ESPN undercard has no other real big fights but its packed with top prospects! Best of which is US Heavyweight hope Big Baby Jared Anderson! He has another step up vs Teslenko, who himself was seen as a Heavyweight prospect until 1 defeat. You know 1 defeat in boxing means you suck now and lose all your previous abilities!!! Ha 
Also Xander Zayas looks like a hope for Puerto Rico to have a World Champion in the next couple of years. US Olympian Keyshawn Davis makes his Top Rank debut, he looks like a future Champion to me

Oh and Muhammad Ali Grandson is back!!! He's going to get badly KO'd soon ENOUGH, will it be this week??? 

So that's this weekends boxing! I have no idea how I'm going to be able to watch half of it because there's a  HUGE UFC Banger that I'm not missing!!!  So it's a weekend with fights on the TV, PC, and Mobile!

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

12.09.2021 | 12:12 AM ET

Mikey.....whatever Greg is paying you, it isn't enough.

You truly are an absolute ******* madman.
Mikey1903
Mikey1903

12.09.2021 | 12:20 AM ET

Haha, thanks! 

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,252  |  64.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,244
  • Post Score: 137

12.09.2021 | 1:30 AM ET

Thanks mikey ill pour over this lovely list of face punching on my pc at work..

"Weasel Piss *********" Dan Hooker

Tosh
Tosh
  • Predictions:  9,839  |  67.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,128
  • Post Score: 180

12.11.2021 | 5:07 PM ET

Mikey, I was just trying to figure out how I'm going to navigate all the great fights this weekend!  Absolutely do not want to miss out on the Lomachenko fight.  He looked so good, brilliant, last time he fought.  I also want to see Poirier v. Oliveira!  
How did the Friday fights turn out?
Thanks for always giving us the best of boxing!

"He who hesitates meditates in a horizontal position""

Mikey1903
Mikey1903

12.12.2021 | 8:59 PM ET

No worries Tosh. 
The Friday fight in Russia, the main World Title fight, was cancelled morning of the fight due to the damn Rona!!!
Saturday was a long day for me. Started early with Kazakhstan then Russia, Liverpool, Dubai then the UFC card took over (tho I had the Loma undercard streaming on my phone!). I have all the biggest boxing this weekend updated (apart from Kosei Tanaka, he won by split decision) 

Glad you appreciate the boxing stuff I put on here. It's a lot of work, tho I watch tonnes of fights anyway, sometimes it's a bit stressful. 

* Edited at 12.12.2021, 9:00 PM ET *

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords

12.13.2021 | 4:13 AM ET

Only boxing i got to see was pimp daddy anderson lol.
And loma vs come that one was fun except i had to explain boxing to my family..long story.

Mikey1903
Mikey1903

12.13.2021 | 9:52 AM ET

"Pimp Daddy" was definitely a highlight for me too! Haha

Looks like the US might have a real guy at Heavyweight for the next decade. Still only 22, tonnes of skills and character. I like him

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords

12.13.2021 | 12:08 PM ET

I saw the very end of keyshaun too that kid has talent.

Mikey1903
Mikey1903

12.13.2021 | 2:24 PM ET

100%!  Keyshawn Davis is headed to the very top too!  He just won the Silver medal at the Tokyo Olympics (couldn't get past his amateur nemesis Cuban Andy Cruz who has beaten him in many high level amateur games),  But as a pro I see Davis being mentioned in the top 10 in under 10 fights and onto Contender status and World Championship level in under 15 fights!

There was 3 of the very very best boxers under 23 in the Lomachenko undercard.  Xander Zayas might get a bit more buzz because Puerto Rico is desperate for a new Miguel Cotto/Tito Trinidad to get hyped for, Puerto Rico loves their boxers with huge passion!
I think Big Baby(Pimp Daddy!) Jared Anderson has a better chance of becoming a long reigning World Champ because Heavyweight is a pretty thin division.
Keyshawn is the most skilled boxer IMO and I see him having a P4P type career with Titles at 154 and 160 

Casual008
Casual008

12.13.2021 | 2:39 PM ET

Can Andy Cruz defect already? I want to see him fight professional. 

Casual008
Casual008

12.13.2021 | 4:18 PM ET

A low key banger took place last weekend on the Donaire Showtime card. Undefeated prospect and tbrb #8 Kudratilo Abdukakhorov fought former Mayweather sparring partner Cody Crowley. Bloody action fight, lot of coming forward and getting into firefights. Crowley showing he deserved to be there while Kudratilo showed us how he deals with deep waters. 

* Edited at 12.13.2021, 5:01 PM ET *

Mikey1903
Mikey1903

12.13.2021 | 5:21 PM ET

Yeah, I missed that card. I managed to see Nonito doing the business, love him so I do!!
But I was quite shocked to see that Crowley beat Abdukakhorov to be honest.  Abdukakhorov was no. 1 Contender for Erroll Spence IBF Title in 2019. He beat top Japanese Keita Obara and also former World Champion Luis Collazo, 2 good wins, much better than anything Crowley ever had. But COVID spoiled everything for him. He was actually scheduled 2x to face Sergey Lipinets for the vacant title (maybe Interim? It was when Spence was out from the car crash). He more than likely would have easily defeated Lipinets but wasn't to be. His World Title chances are likely over now, at least they are a long way away!!!  Unlucky man.

Well done Crowley tho. Now he is in a good position with the IBF. The IBF are the strictest of all the sanctioning bodies to enforce mandatory challenges so Crowley likely has a big fight coming up!

Also, another surprise for me on the Showtime card. In an official IBF no 1 Contender fight. Marlon Tapales absolutely obliterated Hiroki Teshigawara inside 2 rounds, dropping him 2x in the 1st! And another x2 in the 2nd!  I have seen Teshigawara in Japan over the last year or 2 looking really good, dominated and finished everyone! I'd also seen Tapales dominated and finished by another Japanese Ryosuke Iwasa, so I thought it'd happen again. 
Man, was I WRONG!!! Haha 

Mikey1903
Mikey1903

12.13.2021 | 5:23 PM ET

Oh, also on the Showtime card another of USA very best, most exciting young boxers. 
Brandun Lee man, he is a destructive fighter!!!! I think he's gonna be a problem at 140lbs and people should be mentioning him with all the other young prospects in and around that weight class

Page 29

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : Karate Combat 45 live stream online: Luke Rockhold vs. Joe Schilling
  • Bad Left Hook : Haney vs Garcia: Live updates and results, 8 pm ET
  • Jits Magazine : Bianca Basilio To Face Nanami Ichikawa At ONE Fight Night 22
  • Jits Magazine : Three Invites Announced For ADCC 2024 Under 77kg Division
  • MMA Junkie : PFL signs top prospect Paul Hughes, says promotion president
  • MMAFighting.com : PFL 3 Results: Magomed Umalatov remains unbeaten, Brendan Loughnane gets back on track with quick win
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 3 full results: Magomed Umalatov, Shamil Musaev keep unbeaten records intact
  • MMAFighting.com : Devin Haney vs. Ryan Garcia: Live round-by-round updates
  • MMAFighting.com : Haney vs. Garcia Results: Live updates of the undercard and main event
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Square Up With Yourself, Motherf—ker!
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 3 video: Brendan Loughnane TKOs Pedro Carvalho; stoppage sparks controversy
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 3 video: Shamil Musaev pulverizes Logan Storley with violent knockout blows
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Fighter’s puking causes TKO loss at Dynasty Combat Sports 91
  • MMAFighting.com : Nate Diaz walks out on final tour stop: ‘Square off with yourself motherf**ker’
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 3 video: Gabriel Braga knocks out Justin Gonzales in first fight since father's death
  • MMA Junkie : Nate Diaz bails on final press conference with Jorge Masvidal: 'Square off with yourself, motherf*cker'
  • MMA Junkie : Paige VanZant to fight fellow OnlyFans star Elle Brooke at Misfits Boxing 15
  • MMAFighting.com : Paige VanZant fights Elle Brooke in Misfits Boxing 15 main event
  • MMA Mania : Hill Shrugs Off KO Loss, Books UFC 303 Return
  • MMA Junkie : Jamahal Hill books quick turnaround for UFC 303, faces Khalil Rountree