Tapology Forums

Mikey Tapology Boxing Corner!

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Mikey1903
Mikey1903
  • Predictions:  48,835  |  73.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,117
  • Post Score: 300

09.26.2021 | 6:27 PM ET

Alright folks, 

As you might know I'm Tapology Boxing editor. I know the majority of you guys are here for MMA, so was I originally. But for the last year or 2 there is a little more interest in Boxing on the site. 

So here's a place to talk boxing. 

"Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe ****! "

Responses Page 13

Mikey1903
Mikey1903

10.19.2021 | 10:43 AM ET

Yeah Tepid I've seen that. Funnily enough, Panama Lewis was the same coach for Aaron Pryor and the dodgy drink he mixed and Luis Resto!!!  Lewis was a dirt bag!!! He was also Gerald McClellan corner for the tragic Benn fight. He actually left the country straight after the fight, never paid any attention to McClellan as he was in a coma!!!
I don't think Resto is innocent at all but I certainly believe Lewis had a lot to do with removing the padding 

Casual008
Casual008
  • Predictions:  4,535  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,865
  • Post Score: 259

10.19.2021 | 12:11 PM ET

@Cheeseball It's not always about the ending, but how they got there that's so good. 

* Edited at 10.19.2021, 12:14 PM ET *

"They're sorcerers they don't get knocked out"

Cheeseball
Cheeseball
  • Predictions:  13,293  |  71.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,943
  • Post Score: 247

10.19.2021 | 9:29 PM ET

Fair enough. I assumed David Haye won that fight so I would've been genuinely surprised.

"🌽⚽️"

Casual008
Casual008

10.19.2021 | 9:43 PM ET

Oh ****, sorry! I thought it was because I wrote Golata-Ruiz fight ended with a coach being thrown out. From now on I won't spoil anything if I can help it. Sorry mate! 

* Edited at 10.19.2021, 9:48 PM ET *

Casual008
Casual008

10.20.2021 | 3:47 PM ET

In some Heavyweight boxing news reports are coming out that Whyte pulled out of the Wallin fight, citing injury, and has no plans to reschedule the bout instead as the interim Champion push to unify the WBC belt against Fury. It's a shroud tactic from Whyte to bypass Wallin, Wallin's wasted a good part of his year to camp for this fight, but Whyte's been the longest interim Champion that I know of. This would've been his fourth fight for his Interim belt which is kind of absurd. Not particularly happy about this, I favored Wallin to win and Whyte and his team should've known the scheduling of the Fury-Wilder III fight before taking this on but it's not 100% confirmed that these reports are fully accurate. 

* Edited at 10.20.2021, 3:49 PM ET *

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,263  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,255
  • Post Score: 136

10.20.2021 | 4:00 PM ET

Yep I noticed a lot of weird politics  going on, with whyte feed wilder to wallin..too soon?
Or JOE Boy, DDD John Fury Vitor Jake Paul so many great top flight boxers..last two joking maybe 3. 

"“I took no damage,” Hill said. “Most of the fall was me falling down"

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords

10.20.2021 | 4:02 PM ET

Missed this live..finally watched!

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,304  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,311
  • Post Score: 285

10.20.2021 | 8:42 PM ET

So supposing the Whyte VS Wallin fight is off and the next fight for Whyte is Fury, that would mean that Whyte would've been out of the ring for a while and to me, he's always seemed like the sort of fighter who performs better when he has somewhat regular fights. I get why he'd want to dodge Wallin as he's a dangerous fight for Whyte but if I were in Whyte's team, I wouldn't want him going straight into a fight with Fury without a halfway decent tune up fight first.

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

Mikey1903
Mikey1903

10.20.2021 | 9:21 PM ET

Whyte Wallin is definitely off bud. I highly doubt they reschedule either. As soon as the WBC released an official statement last month confirming Whyte was next in line for the WBC title I had a feeling Whyte would pick up an "injury" or "fail" a COVID test!!!
Why bother risking it?? Wallin, tho not well known, was a dangerous fight for Whyte. A tall awkward SouthPaw with good footwork and a decent jab.
Dillian has been ****** about for years!!! It's kind of ridiculous that he's never fought for a World Title yet he has as good a resume as any Heavyweight over the past 5 years. 
What good does a tune up do?? Remember Povetkin? He was meant to be a straight forward win. Whyte was cruising in that fight then BOOM!! Uppercut from hell Whytes out cold and then has to get through a rematch and another 18 months waiting for a shot.
He's not going to improve anything in another fight. He has as good a chance now as any time of beating Fury. That's not a very good chance by the way!
Dillian Whyte was rated no. 1 WBC contender to Wilder in 2018, Wilder decided to fight Luis Ortiz, Whyte became WBC Interim Champ Wilder chose to rematch Ortiz even though he KO'd his 1st time!!!  Then Whyte had the Povetkin **** up!!! He's waited for long enough, he's quite right to go all in on his shot now. 
Tyson Fury has got rid of Wilder for good now, Joshua and Usyk are rematching next year so Fury Whyte is the fight to make. It is pretty simple and should be straightforward. Champion face no 1 Contender. 

Of course, this is boxing!!!! Straightforward doesn't mean anything!! 

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

10.20.2021 | 9:35 PM ET

Whyte vs Fury is pretty much a foregone conclusion and it doesn't do much to get me excited. Probably the easiest ranked fight Tyson could get. I like  Dillian but he's got virtually nothing for Fury. It's just a horrendously bad matchup for him. I'd be much more interested in a Whyte v Joshua rematch, which will never happen, or Wilder vs Whyte. Not sure I'd even watch Fury vs Whyte TBH.
Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

10.21.2021 | 3:55 PM ET

Courtney vs Corbett: The first Boxing match ever filmed, 1894.

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

10.22.2021 | 3:21 AM ET

Alright Mikey, what fights should I watch this weekend?
WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

10.22.2021 | 8:44 AM ET

@Mikey1903 Do you know what TV channels or sites you can watch boxing on? 

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

Mikey1903
Mikey1903

10.22.2021 | 10:48 AM ET

Wasteland, as in actual channels or dodgy AF totally illegal that I would never ever ever do streaming sites???

Boxing is on a tonne of different channels, I'm in Scotland, not sure where you are from, Ireland? I have BT Sport, Sky and DAZN, lotta shows on YouTube, if they are I try to put the YouTube link in the Tapology event page thread. For the rest of the world it's a lot of VPNS and streaming sites!

* Edited at 10.22.2021, 12:59 PM ET *

Mikey1903
Mikey1903

10.22.2021 | 11:19 AM ET

This weekends boxing? MEH

Yeah so not much going on in boxing this weekend.  There is 1 high Level fight that means something at the top of a division. That's WBO Featherweight Champion Jamel Herring vs young prospect Olympic Silver medalist Shakur Stevenson.
The rest, its all regional level stuff really. There's a tonne of it happening and, of course there is a few gems in there. It's hard to pick out 2 or 3 good fights outta 500 but I'll try!!
Later tonight from Canada and on espn+(so streams will be available) Du Du Du dah!!! The very 1st WBC World BRIDGERWEIGHT Championship of the World!!!!  For those of you who don't know, you shouldn't! Yes the WBC thought what boxing needed was a brand new weight class!!! Of course that's what we need, more ****** "World" Champions!!!
Anyway the fight features Columbian based in Canada Oscar Rivas(Ring no. 10 Heavyweight and also put Dillian Whyte on his ass!) facing Cruiserweight Ryan Rozicki. Rivas should whoop his ass, TKO between 4 and 8 IMO.

There's a Thompson Boxing card that'll be on YouTube late Friday too. Thompson is a California promoter that has produced many World Champions including Tim Bradley, Danny Roman. Their shows are a good place to spot prospects and future Champions. There's a 25-0 Mexican American Miguel Madueno who has potential, also 10-0 Eros Correa, former no. 1 US Flyweight amateur, who has featured on FOX before. I'll post the YouTube link on the Tapology page later today

Early hours Saturday morning (for me anyway) from the Gold Coast, Australia a decent show. Features several top, young Ozzie talent. I like 5-0 Ethan Law(mainly because he reached out to me about his profile pic, he was amused being Chuck Norris!) he challenges for the Australian title. Remember the lanky Irish amateur boxer Connor McGregor brought in for the Diaz rematch? He was featured on the Embedded and in the corner at the fight I'm sure. Conor Wallace is now based in Australia, he's boxing. The best fight and 1 for the SIMPS!!!! 21 year old Taylah Robertson challenges Shotgun Shanny O Connell for the Commonwealth Title. Connell is actually a top 10 in the World so the winner there will likely be fighting for a World Title next year, probably on a Matchroom DAZN show.

There's a couple of fringe World level guys boxing in Asia. The Philippines  Giemel Magramo vs Jayr Raquinel for the OPBF Title, the winner becomes top 10 rated by the WBO .
In Vietnam Japanese women's legend Estuko Tada defends her WBO World Title vs Vietnamese Olympian Thi Nguyen. There's a couple Uzbeks based in Vietnam (wierd!) Olimjon Nazarov is a fringe top 10 World guy.

Poland has a good regional show. 1 of their group of World Champion level Cruiserweights Mateusz Masternak boxes a guy! . The guy to watch is Fiodor Czerkasyzn, 18-0 Middleweight who is on the radar of some big US promoters.

There's a decent show from Florida on Saturday night on FITE TV. The Florida boxing scene is pretty huge, you get all the Cubans, Dominicans, Puerto Ricans plus some Uzbeks and Kazaks make their way there!  There is a 3-0 Uzbek Otabek Kholmatov who looks good and the headliner Harold Calderon is now 25-0 and on the verge of getting a big fight.

Yeah, so that's about the best of the bunch. There's a tonne of boxing but it's all regional level stuff really so you have to sift through a lot of crap!!! It's also very hard to actually watch a lot of it, like I said VPNS, Streams and a couple of good Twitter pages. Oh yeah follow TimBoxeo and 13th Round Boxing on Twitter. They are essential for me keeping track of everything going on!

I'll write a little bit about Herring Stevenson later, this was meant to be a short paragraph but I get carried away!!! 

* Edited at 10.22.2021, 1:10 PM ET *

Cheeseball
Cheeseball
  • Predictions:  13,293  |  71.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,943
  • Post Score: 247

10.22.2021 | 3:53 PM ET

Anybody know a decent way to watch Japanese boxing/kickboxing cards?

"🌽⚽️"

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

10.22.2021 | 4:54 PM ET

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords

10.22.2021 | 8:01 PM ET

Like real ones or the ones on ONE if the latter than no.

Mikey1903
Mikey1903

10.22.2021 | 8:13 PM ET

Japanese Cards

https://www.asianboxing.info/

This is the website to go to for all information on where Japanese cards are being broadcast, also follow him on Twitter. 
A Sign Boxing on YouTube broadcast some decent cards. You can subscribe to Boxing Raise for all the Dangan cards, lots of Japanese Title fight there. The biggest boxing in Japan is usually on Fuji TV. Again, Asianboxing.info is the best guy to ask about specific details, Tim Boxeo too. You'll also need a good VPN! 

Mikey1903
Mikey1903

10.22.2021 | 8:38 PM ET

Dive or KO of the Year???

Make up your own mind people!

https://twitter.com/TimBoxeo/status/1451567667861721094?t=pw0Nbb6ZNcmAgWnoCx10aQ&s=19

From the Philippines early this morning 

* Edited at 10.22.2021, 8:38 PM ET *

Page 13

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Jiri Prochazka Doubles Down On Callout For Alex Pereira Rematch At UFC 301: ‘I Think I Deserve It’
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Goes Off On Logan Paul For Child Trafficking Comments, Claims He Will ‘Destroy’ Paul In Boxing Match
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway's coach breaks down matchup against 'oversized bantamweight' Ilia Topuria
  • MMAFighting.com : Lyoto Machida ‘already breathing fire’ after Luke Rockhold callout, interested in Karate Combat rematch
  • MMA Mania : ‘It’s Crazy That Something Like This Is Happening At This Level’
  • MMA Junkie : Islam Makhachev's coach: 'Biggest threat' Justin Gaethje no longer in UFC title picture
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Whoever wants to fight Ryan, he feels comfortable at 144’: De La Hoya talks next steps for Garcia
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Whoever wants to fight Ryan, he feels comfortable at 144’: Oscar De La Hoya talks next steps for Ryan Garcia
  • MMA Mania : Double Champ Islam Next? ‘I Already Beat All These Guys’
  • MMAFighting.com : Justin Gaethje: It’ll be ‘6 months, at least, before I get back to taking shots’ after UFC 300 loss
  • MMA Junkie : Manon Fiorot open to Maycee Barber fight – but only if interim UFC flyweight title at stake
  • MMA Junkie : Arman Tsarukyan fires back at Michael Chandler: 'You are just waiting for a paycheck'
  • MMAFighting.com : Islam Makhachev not interested in Max Holloway matchup: ‘Maybe if he wins his next fight’
  • Bad Left Hook : PODCAST: How much credit does Ryan Garcia deserve for beating Devin Haney?
  • Middle Easy : Israel Adesanya Reflects on His Iconic Rivlary with Alex Pereira: ‘I Just Knew That I Can Beat This Guy’
  • MMA Junkie : Mike Perry lauds Max Holloway for being in phenomenal shape compared to Justin Gaethje
  • MMA Mania : Arman Erodes ‘Iron’ Critique With ‘Exciting’ Rebuttal
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 92 Gets ‘Old School Boxing Poster’
  • Middle Easy : Islam Makhachev Plans to Challenge Welterweight Champ Leon Edwards Following UFC 302 Title Fight with Dustin Poirier
  • MMA Junkie : UFC's Stephen Thompson agrees that Michael Page 'could possibly be a very boring fight'