Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Kattar vs. Chikadze

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,009
  • Post Score: 47

09.22.2021 | 9:03 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
  • Saturday 01.15.2022 at 05:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN | Prelims: ESPN+
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: UFC APEX
  • Enclosure: Cage
  • TV Announcers: Brendan Fitzgerald, Michael Bisping, Dominick Cruz
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Michael Bisping
  • TV Ratings: 482,000 avg. viewers
  • MMA Bouts: 10
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Calvin Kattar   defeats   Giga Chikadze   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Jake Collier   defeats   Chase Sherman   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   2:26 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Brandon Royval   defeats   Rogério Bontorin   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Katlyn Cerminara   defeats   Jennifer Maia   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Viacheslav Borshchev   defeats   Dakota Bush   via KO/TKO, Liver Shot   3:47 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Bill Algeo   defeats   Joanderson Brito   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jamie Pickett   defeats   Joseph Holmes   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Court McGee   defeats   Ramiz Brahimaj   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Brian Kelleher   defeats   Kevin Croom   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
TJ Brown   defeats   Charles Rosa   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 55

loudenSwain
loudenSwain
  • Predictions:  15,071  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,313
  • Post Score: 283

01.15.2022 | 12:47 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 290 Points   |   Tied for 2425th

This card mos def got depleated af. That said, I been jonesing an mma card so I’m still excited. 

Picked Giga but hoping Kattar pulls off a upset. I guess it be late if he does. 

"This is Prize-Fighting, IDGAF about your family or your problems - MassaBruce"

Agchonion
Agchonion
  • Predictions:  229  |  87.3%
  • Forum Posts:  89
  • Post Score: 129

01.15.2022 | 1:32 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 10 Winners, 3 Perfect, 325 Points   |   Tied for 1808th

Giga vs Kattar

Picking Giga as a slight favourite, kicks and pressure will do the job as it seems.

Chookagian vs Maia

Picking Chhokagian, but still hate her speed, 50/50 fight for me. Do not recomment to bet.

Royval vs Bontorin.

Royval, decision, more active fighter. Huge reach advantage.

Sherman vs Collier.

Picking Collier after weight ins, also 50/50.

Algeo vs Brito.

Brito, he s savage and much more physically strong and agressive, also has a chin.

Brahimaj vs McGee

Brahimaj, a young demolisher, mentally strong vs 37 year old vet. A good pick.

Borschev vs Bush

I take Borschev, but do not recommend this pick. His ground skills are poor.

Pickett vs Holmes

I think Pickett would win. More athletic and fast fighter.

Kelleher vs Croom

Take Kelleher, i think he had a good camp for kahramonov, croom comes on short notice and he s kinda journeyman.

Brown vs Rosa

Picking Rosa, good shape at weight in, think he s ready even on short notice.

"https://t.me/LMpick - my betting channel"

Tosh
Tosh
  • Predictions:  9,850  |  67.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,128
  • Post Score: 180

01.15.2022 | 1:41 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 300 Points   |   Tied for 2186th

Chikadze v. Kattar
With the smaller apex cage, Giga is gonna go hard on Kattar's lead leg early.  Knowing this, Kattar will crowd the kicker and drop bombs, any one of which has lights out power.  If Giga can maintain his practice of using legs/kicks to maintain distance and control, he wins.  Unless Kattar leaves him looking up at the rafters.
Chikadze tko 4

Sherman v. Collier
Fat and cardio win the day.  Collier just keeps on coming, pressing forward for as long as it takes to get his hand raised, with a few heavy kicks added into the mix.
Collier K2

Royval v. Bontorin
Styles make fights, here's a great example.  Hope it's a contender if not winner of FOTN.  
Royval S2

Chookagian v. Maia
Like others have said, I already saw this.
Not because they are females but there are other fighters on this card more deserving of a main card spot.
Chookagian by Dec

Borschev v. Bush
This matchup may be too much too soon for Bush, unless Krause has instilled the take him down, keep him down, do damage game plan to the point that we see an upset.  Someone is going to overwhelm, dominate, and impose his will on the other.  No idea who that's gonna be.  
Bush S3

Brito v. Algeo
If Algeo hasn't improved his tepid tdd, Brito will come out strong and aggressive and this will likely be a grinder... but, Algeo will stick to him like flypaper for all three rounds, and take advantage of every opportunity to turn the fight around.  Hope it's a banger.
Brito

Pickett v. Holmes
Pickett looking huge and ready to KO Holmes in the first round.  I don't think he will, and I see Holmes getting a debut win by holding him down and getting a sub.  Holmes hasn't faced the level of competition that Pickett has, but I don't think Pickett impressed his competitors.  
Holmes S2

Bramaj v. McGee
McGee comes out with the full Court press, wants this fight to end like it starts, on the feet.  This fight goes to whoever manages to overwhelm and dominate his opponent.
McGee by Dec

Kelleher v. Croom
Kelleher is a hard man to get past, and I don't think Croom will.
Kelleher S2

Brown v. Rosa
Microscopically short notice for Rosa, probably accounts for the big surge toward Brown...but, he's STILL TJ Brown, and unless I'm missing something, and I often do, Rosa has to work for it, but ultimately prevails.
Rosa by Dec

"He who hesitates meditates in a horizontal position""

Tjl0106
Tjl0106
  • Predictions:  9,627  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  870
  • Post Score: 169

01.15.2022 | 1:48 PM ET

Predictions: 3 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 200 Points   |   Tied for 3391st

Just put in a 10K parlay. If it hits, I’m getting a one way ticket to Florida.

"I kind of try to focus on the moment, in the present. That’s humility. That’s being humble. That’s not setting no expectation. That’s going out there, enjoying the game, competing at a high level.” - Giannis Antetokounmpo"

Tosh
Tosh
  • Predictions:  9,850  |  67.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,128
  • Post Score: 180

01.15.2022 | 1:50 PM ET

I'd only go to Florida if I lost...

"He who hesitates meditates in a horizontal position""

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

01.15.2022 | 1:50 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 415 Points   |   Tied for 664th

Godspeed Tj. Hope you make it to the freedom state.
andreypa
andreypa
  • Predictions:  3,116  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  4,280
  • Post Score: 81

01.15.2022 | 1:59 PM ET

Thoughts about main fight

Predictions: 8 of 10 Winners, 3 Perfect, 490 Points   |   Tied for 190th

Giga or Kattar? At first I was thinking that this won't be such a hard pick and of course gave an advantage to Chikadze. If this fight ends with stoppage (a Ko stoppage) than one of them has to taste their first ever Ko defeat and it is crazy to think this will go all 5 rounds. The fact that Giga finished 3 of his last by Ko finish is amazing,but Kattar can take it all and answer with his own arsenal of weapons. Very interesing fight.Kattar had some descent competition in his career and I believe that since his last loss - he and his camp really worked and prepared a lot for Giga.
Bloody war - and one winner. I do think it will end by finish. This is 50/50. I have Giga by Dec though,but constantly thinking about changing my pick to Kattar.
AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  15,948  |  67.4%
  • Forum Posts:  32,055
  • Post Score: 88

01.15.2022 | 2:00 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 375 Points   |   Tied for 1051st

Kattar win 

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

piffjames508
piffjames508
  • Predictions:  2,329  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  225
  • Post Score: 60

01.15.2022 | 2:20 PM ET

$100 +307= $407

Predictions: 7 of 10 Winners, 3 Perfect, 440 Points   |   Tied for 439th

my final "lock" parlay

ramiz ml (age &ibjf  before whatever credentials they use from highschool)

borschchev ml ( over 300 kickboxing bouts)

giga ml ( MA fighters are pfl terrible)

"its common sense"

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,263  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,258
  • Post Score: 136

01.15.2022 | 2:32 PM ET

You will find no locks here.

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 365 Points   |   Tied for 1238th

"“I took no damage,” Hill said. “Most of the fall was me falling down"

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,544
  • Post Score: 262

01.15.2022 | 3:25 PM ET

Tji0106

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 3 Perfect, 400 Points   |   Tied for 769th

Good luck Brother, I hope you not putting 10k on the parley, And it 10k profit for the parley because betting 10k is either you rich AF, Or that if the bet losses your living in a cardboard box, And any bet can win or lose, Betting isn't 100% win,

But best of luck on the bet, Go to disneyland

* Edited at 01.15.2022, 3:26 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

darksheepPL
darksheepPL

01.15.2022 | 3:31 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 315 Points   |   Tied for 1977th

Kattar vs. Chikadze
Giga Chikadze, DEC
I think Kattar can definitely have some success in the later rounds, I'm not impressed with Giga's cardio. But I feel like he will dominate Kattar in the early rounds and Calvin's pressure isn't really relentless or anything like that. He can start slow and spend some long periods of time in the defensive mode I'd say. Chikadze will pick him apart from range to a decision because Calvin is tough.

Sherman vs. Collier
Chase Sherman, TKO, R1
Barely any research on this fight, how tf is this **** a co-me? Anyway, Jake is hittable and Sherman is agressive, hits pretty hard, maybe will use some legkicks. Idk, I'm not sure about this one but will take Chase by finish.

Royval vs. Bontorin
Brandon Royval, SUB, R3
Bontorin won't finish Brandon, and then he will get ****** up in the later rounds.

Chookagian vs. Maia II
Katlyn Chookagian, DEC
Same story again

Bush vs. Borshchev
Viacheslav Borshchev, TKO, R2
A lot lot lot better striker. Dakota can get some TD's and I won't be suprised if he will take Viacheslav's back. But will he choke him out? I'm not so sure. And I don't think Bush will be able to keep up with Borschev's pace, bodyshots will add up.

Brito vs. Algeo
Joanderson Brito, TKO, R1
Algeo = MVP/Wonderboy wannabe, too hittable for this style and his gas tank isn't great either. Brito can knock him out or get a decision based on harder shots & takedowns.

Pickett vs. Holmes
Joseph Holmes, SUB, R2
Idk if Holmes is a better wrestler, probably not but he will definitely be more dangerous from both top & bottom positions. He will probably do more damage in the clinch and be better at range. I can see a submission because Jamie is pretty tough so idk if Joseph will finish him with strikes.

Brahimaj vs. McGee
Ramiz Brahimaj, DEC
Ramiz will probably be better everywhere and I feel like he will get at least two rounds based on striking adventage and top control.

Kelleher vs. Croom
Brian Kelleher, SUB, R2
Croom = low level. He can only win via flashy finish. But Brian is better eveywhere, Kevin won't be able to keep up with his pace. Gillotine choke, and again!

Brown vs. Rosa
TJ Brown, DEC
Charles will give up some easy TD's and try to submit TJ. It won't happen and he will put himself in even worse positions, give up a lot of control time, gas out.

* Edited at 01.15.2022, 3:33 PM ET *

"-CSO-"

Tjl0106
Tjl0106

01.15.2022 | 3:41 PM ET

@Duck yeah it’s a 10K profit.

"I kind of try to focus on the moment, in the present. That’s humility. That’s being humble. That’s not setting no expectation. That’s going out there, enjoying the game, competing at a high level.” - Giannis Antetokounmpo"

Miami_EJ
Miami_EJ
  • Predictions:  768  |  58.6%
  • Forum Posts:  56
  • Post Score: 184

01.15.2022 | 3:43 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 7 Winners, 3 Perfect, 325 Points   |   Tied for 1808th

Chookagian vs. Maia II
Katlyn Chookagian, DEC
Nice to have 2 top 5 contenders face off against eachother. so either way whoever wins it ought to be a good fight considering its WMMA.

Pickett vs. Holmes
Jamie Pickett, TKO, R1
Ugly man aint that ugly tbh, but this is a debut and he might get allot uglier after. Also Pickett looks ripped af.

Brahimaj vs. McGee
Court McGee, DEC
Scary Mfer

Kelleher vs. Croom
Brian Kelleher, SUB, R3
Leaning on the short notice.

Brown vs. Rosa
Charles Rosa, DEC
underrated and overdue for a W.

Tjl0106
Tjl0106

01.15.2022 | 3:44 PM ET

Parlay is:

Rosa Straight
Kelleher Straight
Brahimaj Straight
Holmes Straight
Algeo Straight
Bush Straight
Maia Straight
Bontorin Straight
Collier Straight 
Chikadze Straight

* Edited at 01.15.2022, 3:44 PM ET *

papuhart
papuhart
  • Predictions:  264  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  739
  • Post Score: 124

01.15.2022 | 3:48 PM ET

Predictions: 2 of 5 Winners, 2 Perfect, 150 Points   |   Tied for 3678th

ramiz brahimaj is a serious bjj artist or is like the "subbers" mickey gall/chase hooper. i'm afraid because court mcgee is so strong/durable 

"conceive believe achieve"

DCpredictions
DCpredictions
  • Predictions:  1,644  |  59.4%
  • Forum Posts:  842
  • Post Score: 141

01.15.2022 | 3:55 PM ET

Final bets:

Kellaher -3.5 PS (point spread) 1/2 unit -165
  Short notice croom who would probably lose to boom on a full camp, figure he gets late finish or wins dominantly

Rosa ML 1/2 unit +235
  Opposite of above bet, fight way closer than this line and it has corrected a bit to +185, I get short notice but no way it makes what would be a pickem on full camp, this one sided

Pickett +3.5 PS 1/2 unit -125
  I think it most likely goes to decision and I think it's a step down, and we saw his last fight how he did against the 170lber, here's another one although bigger frame. I think Pickett should be able to win at least 1 round clearly for this to cash. 

Brito ML 1 unit -130 
  I think there's a huge discrepancy in ground game here and i expect the striking close but algeo just let's himself get taken down too often and though he's alright at getting up they score and brito has been good from what I saw of holding people down and going to work

Maia ITD push if GTD 1/2 unit -110 
  Fully expecting a push (refund) here, but it's the only way I could see having action on this fight. Maia is very tough and if Valentina couldnt finish her in 5 no way chookagian does in 3. If there is a finish it's from the Maia side 

Royval/Bontorin Over 1.5 1/2 unit -145
  They are flyweights, a lot of value in over 1.5 for that. I don't think Brandon hits hard enough to knock out bont and I think bont will be way stronger to avoid any subs on ground. Plus royval talking about being less crazy this fight. Probably a late finish from royval if bont gasses or close decision for bont if he doesn't 

Sherman/Collier DNGTD 1/2 unit +120 
 Heavyweights no distance at plus money. Sherman looked out on his feet a lot in his last fight that wasn't long ago, but at the same time the way he would win would be a ko. Both ko and get koed and there's some recency bias against it in the line. 

Chikadze/Kattar over 2.5 2/3 unit -135
  Beat a little line movement here which is nice. Kattar tool beating from max but had full year to recover. Other than that they are both hard to finish so I see this going late don't really know what to expect too much. But I think it should at least squeak over. 

Staying away from:

Slava vs Bush: I do like Slava but I think he's a bit too wide and could have trouble if bush grapples well. Can just see so many things happening. If I would bet it would probably be over 1.5 at -160. 

Brahimaj vs Mcgee: kinda the same thing I was a lot more confident in brah earlier but I just gotta weird feeling telling me to stay away. If I would bet it would be small bet on brah by Dec +250. 

Mantis xX
Mantis xX
  • Predictions:  1,676  |  58.4%
  • Forum Posts:  150
  • Post Score: -1

01.15.2022 | 3:56 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 10 Winners, 3 Perfect, 325 Points   |   Tied for 1808th

Kattar vs. Chikadze
Giga Chikadze, DEC
Kattar is gonna comeback like the tough monster he is, he gets a judges scorecard but its not enough. Split decision 49-46,48-47 for Giga, 47-48 for Kattar.

Sherman vs. Collier
Chase Sherman, DEC
29-28x3 uni. Slow pacing fight but they share shots, both are too tough to be finished here imo.

Royval vs. Bontorin
Brandon Royval, DEC
30-27x3, reach and pepper shots keep Royval at range and out of danger, Rogerio paces, and gets frustrated.

Chookagian vs. Maia II
Katlyn Chookagian, DEC
Chook has been a monster since that fluke body shot, Uni 29-28x2, 30-27x1

Bush vs. Borshchev
Viacheslav Borshchev, DEC
Gonna be a good fight, Via gets a Split 29-28x2, 28-29x1

Brito vs. Algeo
Joanderson Brito, TKO, R1
Quick one, Brito a new force.

Pickett vs. Holmes
Joseph Holmes, TKO, R2
A Counter Straight to ground and pound, ref steps in

Brahimaj vs. McGee
Court McGee, DEC
A wild split decision but cant count out McGee, 30-27,29-28 for Court, and then a 28-29 in favor of Ramiz.

Kelleher vs. Croom
Brian Kelleher, TKO, R2
Punches to ground and pound, mainly a clean hook.

Brown vs. Rosa
Charles Rosa, DEC
29-28 Unanimous

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,582  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,524
  • Post Score: 60

01.15.2022 | 4:15 PM ET

Casual New Predictions

Predictions: 6 of 9 Winners, 4 Perfect, 400 Points   |   Tied for 769th

Kelleher vs. Croom
I go with Brian Kelleher at -300. He has a radical palm block. Kelleher ought to sabotage the cutman.

Brown vs. Rosa
I go for TJ Brown at -250. He has a yucky touch of death. Brown ought to embarass the ring announcer.

Brito vs. Algeo
I am all over Joanderson Brito at -135. He has a casual jab and a zany full guard and also an ironic inverted facelock. Brito might boil the cutman. Заруби ceбe на носу!

Kattar vs. Chikadze
I like Giga Chikadze at -240. He has an incredible bolo punch and a lame uppercut. Chikadze will likely ruin the cage.

Royval vs. Bontorin
I can't get enough of Brandon Royval at -165. He has a quintessential gogoplata. Royval should drain the senses.

Chookagian vs. Maia II
I like Katlyn Chookagian at -190. She has a scintillating palm block. Chookagian ought to handle the cake.

Sherman vs. Collier
I adopt Jake Collier at -135. He has a militant chin and a hot indian deathlock and also a scintillating jab. Collier is gonna shatter the senses.

Bush vs. Borshchev
I choose Viacheslav Borshchev at -190. He has a brilliant training style. Borshchev might best the humiliating defeat.

Pickett vs. Holmes
I am enamored with Joseph Holmes at -155. He has a kempt triangle choke. Holmes could weaken the victory. Trust me!

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Meers222
Meers222
  • Predictions:  18,234  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2,587
  • Post Score: 211

01.15.2022 | 4:49 PM ET

Predictions: 4 of 10 Winners, 3 Perfect, 300 Points   |   Tied for 2274th

Alright! Let's get this night of fights goin! Certainly not the greatest card ever but I'm ready for some UFC fights again.

"If it's not a challenge, it isn't fun enough."

Page 55

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Trial Date Set for Former UFC Heavyweight Champion Cain Velasquez in Attempted Murder Case
  • Jits Magazine : PGF World Season 6: Day 3 Recap
  • MMAFighting.com : Shaq: Vitor Belfort knocked out person ‘talking crazy’ at bar
  • UFC.com : UFC UNFILTERED | Ariane Lipski, Austin Hubbard, UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez picks
  • MMA Junkie : Montana De La Rosa, Andrea Lee booked for UFC rematch in Louisville
  • MMA Mania : Cannonier Vs Imamov Headlines UFC Louisville
  • MMA Junkie : UFC's Tim Means doesn't expect to fight for long: 'I turned 40, I know my time is coming'
  • Bad Left Hook : Cieslak vs Chamberlain joins Billam-Smith vs Riakporhe 2 on June 15
  • Bad Left Hook : Michal Cieslak vs Isaac Chamberlain joins Billam-Smith vs Riakporhe 2 on June 15
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! BKFC ‘KnuckleMania 4’ Press Conference Video!
  • UFC.com : UFC Returns To Louisville For UFC Fight Night On June 8 At KFC Yum! Center
  • MMA Junkie : Tatiana Suarez campaigns for title shot vs. Zhang Weili at UFC 306: 'I get a submission 100 percent'
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302: Makhachev vs. Poirier adds key prospect bout
  • UFC.com : Gabriel Benitez: Still flying the flag
  • MMA Mania : A Special Message For Chinless Scumbags
  • UFC.com : Rhythm Is Gonna Get You: Why Timing Is Everything For Matheus Nicolau
  • MMA Junkie : Tatsuro Taira fills UFC 302 opening, fights Joshua Van
  • MMAFighting.com : Ronda Rousey blasts Joe Rogan, MMA media for turning on her: ‘They’re a bunch of assh*les’
  • Jits Magazine : BJJ Stars 12 Full Preview
  • MMA Junkie : Mike Malott books UFC return after upset loss to Neil Magny