Tapology Forums

Dan Henderson suggests Anderson Silva is faking injuries

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

JustynOfOsiris
JustynOfOsiris
  • Predictions:  4,334  |  57.2%
  • Forum Posts:  3,239
  • Post Score: 122

12.07.2011 | 10:34 PM ET

http://www.mmanews.com/news/90126

@danhendo: All the "injuries" that keep Anderson from a rematch w/ me or Chael will heal real fast if they offer Bisping to him.

Can't say i disagree

"Is reality really realistic?"

Responses

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

12.07.2011 | 10:36 PM ET

anybody see hendo with all those woman on his big night on the town? he was with baseball player brad penny. he said something about JBJ too. he has no chance vs jones. i could see him beating anderson with wrestling since sonnen has shown the way. the blueprint.

* Edited at 12.07.2011, 10:37 PM ET *

redkayak
redkayak

12.07.2011 | 10:37 PM ET

Dans ego needs to simmer down. 
he just mad he got choked out.

"If you can't feed your baby then don't have a baby and don't think maybe if you can't feed your baby.-MJ"

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,254  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,483
  • Post Score: 203

12.07.2011 | 10:40 PM ET

Wheres the love for Bisping, that guy is fkin awesome!

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

jodybanman
jodybanman
  • Predictions:  3,332  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,707
  • Post Score: 237

12.07.2011 | 10:44 PM ET

It's kind of ridiculous to accuse someone of not wanting to fight you when they've already decisively beaten you.  

"I don't want to have to do this living. I just walk around. I want to be swept off my feet, you know? I want my children to have magical powers. I am prepared for amazing things to happen. I can handle it."

AndrewLikesToFight
AndrewLikesToFight
  • Predictions:  1,157  |  56.4%
  • Forum Posts:  107
  • Post Score: 86

12.07.2011 | 10:49 PM ET

Silva seems to often get the easiest possible opponent sometimes. Maia, Leites, Cote I'm sure theres others but my point is that there were more deserving fighters at those times. I guess that would make some suspicious but he also fought Hendo, Sonnen, Belfort etc. so I think that he is not faking injuries. I train and know how easy it is to get hurt, especially training for a fight where it gets kicked up more and more until peak phase (BRUTAL). I understand how bad Hendo and Sonnen  deserve a rematch but I don't think Bisping will get Silva before either of them. Sonnen/Hendo did before and could again give Silva trouble but he'd finish Bisping whenever he wanted as I think Bisping will strike.

jaykool777
jaykool777
  • Predictions:  25,528  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  3,654
  • Post Score: 158

12.08.2011 | 12:21 AM ET

I could understand thinking something like that if Anderson absolutely refused to fight Sonnen or Hendo, like Tito did with Chuck, but Silva hasn't done anything like that, and I don't believe that Dana White would allow any fighter to duck opponents like that. He didn't let Tito do it, and at the time that Dana was trying to force the Chuck/Tito I fight, Tito and Dana were really good friends, so if he didn't let a friend duck an opponent, then he won't let Anderson Silva do it. IMHO, Silva hasn't ducked anybody, he's fought everybody that the UFC has put in front of him. I will agree that some of his opponents weren't deserving of title shots, but then again it's not like there was a lot of talent to choose from at the time. The UFC MW division lacked serious depth until here recently. The UFC matchmakers did what they had to do to keep Anderson fighting, and able to market him. That's not Anderson's fault, that's the UFC's, and Sonnen and Hendo should know bettter.

* Edited at 12.08.2011, 12:22 AM ET *

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

Piercerdan
Piercerdan
  • Predictions:  22,701  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,987
  • Post Score: 212

12.08.2011 | 12:57 AM ET

I have never been a fan of anderson, and although i really like hendo and sonnen, I think hendo is exaggerating a bit.  Anderson would take an easier fight without being 100% because he knows he'd win.  Anderson would smash bisping, and could go into the fight at like 75% and still feel confident.  If he went in anything less than 90-95 against hendo or sonnen he would lose, and i think he knows that.  90% or better its competitive fight that anderson is capable of winning.

"Fact: knowledge or info based on real occurrences, opinion: a belief held with confidence not substantiated by proof."

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,254  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,483
  • Post Score: 203

12.08.2011 | 5:46 AM ET

Henderson is just getting pissed hes not getting an immediate rematch at Jones.

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

K1 Shields
K1 Shields
  • Predictions:  405  |  59.0%
  • Forum Posts:  692
  • Post Score: 41

12.08.2011 | 6:31 AM ET

Hendo is just making a point. Personally there is good reason to believe Andy is ducking Chael considering how Chael calls Andy out and all old Andy can do is call out Bisping. Andy's confidence against Chael is shattered like tempered glass after there first encounter and it's only going to be worse the second time around.

"Anderson Silva you SUCK!!" - Chael Sonnen UFC 136.

Yaspaa
Yaspaa
  • Predictions:  173  |  73.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,422
  • Post Score: 151

12.08.2011 | 7:47 AM ET

Nonsense, he's beaten them both, he doesn't have to prove anything, Chael and Hendo had their chances and blew it. Does Anderson even get to choose?

"I Get Better."

buffalo ben
buffalo ben
  • Predictions:  3,705  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,348
  • Post Score: 157

12.08.2011 | 8:34 AM ET

rematch at jones?

"You don't have to be perfect, just dont be fraudulant"

AndrewLikesToFight
AndrewLikesToFight
  • Predictions:  1,157  |  56.4%
  • Forum Posts:  107
  • Post Score: 86

12.08.2011 | 9:22 AM ET

@jaykool. True as it gets dude. Champions don't duck fights and the oss would sooner strip him of his belt than do it. The paranoia on the matter comes from what I/you mentioned earlier with him getting off easy sometimes, it happens they don't always have the best opponent ready.
Spaceman Spiff
Spaceman Spiff
  • Predictions:  371  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  108
  • Post Score: 175

12.08.2011 | 9:51 AM ET

Hendo is delusional. His last fight with Anderson showed he's got absolutely nothing for the guy. I hope he gets his rematch just so I can watch him get dropped and submitted again.

With that said, anyone who believes that a fighter can fake an injury doesn't understand how the UFC works. The UFC gets their doctors to check the fighters out, so there is no room for any fighter to just claim they're injured to get out of a fight.

"Be like water - Bruce Lee"

poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232
  • Post Score: 245

12.08.2011 | 10:17 AM ET

The funny thing about Sonnen/Henderson saying he is faking his injury is this    wasn't Anderson injured even before Sonnen fought Stann? I realize this is how they think they will get a shot at him quicker but cmon the guy beat both of you why the hell would he fake an injury not to fight you.

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

12.08.2011 | 1:37 PM ET

I think it's interesting how GSP gets injured and certain people think he should give up the belt. Andy gets injured and everyone sticks up for him. Nice double standard. Chael vs Munoz should be for the interim mw belt. Hendo saying Silva would rather fight Bisping then Sonnen or himself is not anything new. Hendo did get beat by Silva a few years ago but who knows what would happen now. Hendo did win the 1st round of that fight.

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

jersey0525
jersey0525
  • Predictions:  2,766  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,536
  • Post Score: 188

12.08.2011 | 2:51 PM ET

i would like to believe gsp has more pride and honor than to fake an injury, so even as a diaz fan, i think that is a bogus claim....having said that, i DO think this is a product of the increasing pressure on gsp and the inhuman amount of training he does... my hope is that when he comes back, and when he fights again (whether it be diaz, condit, or someone else), that he not blame a poor performance or even a loss on his injuries.... NOTHING makes me lose respect for a fighter faster than that.... i.e. tito, maine-iac, big nog (vs mir).... while i now respect nog again, i cannot say the same for the maine-iac...

anyway...rant over... gsp should NOT vacate the belt...unless he REINJURIES the knee when he's rehabing

"im an OT (ORIGINAL TAPOLOGIST), I used to write for cagepages.com. NO ONE CAN TAKE THAT LEFT HAND SHOT"

Spaceman Spiff
Spaceman Spiff
  • Predictions:  371  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  108
  • Post Score: 175

12.08.2011 | 3:06 PM ET

@p4pgoat, I don't see it as a double standard, I think the fact that GSP is out for almost a year is why some people might want him to give up his belt.  I'm not agreeing with it, I think it's stupid for a champ to give up his belt unless he's out indefinitely like Lesnar was.

As for Chael vs Munoz being for an interim belt, that's a horrible idea. Anderson is out for what, 5 months? Do you really think every time a champ is injured an interim belt should be fought for?

"Be like water - Bruce Lee"

SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

12.08.2011 | 3:12 PM ET

@p4p's comment on Sonnen/Munoz being for an interim belt was a bit facetious

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : ADXC 4: Ffion Davies And Morgan Black Face Each Other In The Grappling Co-Main Event
  • Jits Magazine : Stacked Tournaments Confirmed For Midwest Finishers 18
  • MMAFighting.com : PFL 3 Results: Koreshkov vs. Umalatov
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: ‘I Decide Who, When, And Where’
  • MMA Mania : Muhammad Goes Off On Edwards And ‘Fakest Team I’ve Ever Seen’
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Garcia has skill set to compete with Devin Haney. Does he have mindset?
  • MMAFighting.com : Max Holloway mocks Ilia Topuria’s demands for potential fight; Topuria responds
  • MMA Junkie : Henry Cejudo: Bo Nickal needs to hold his horses, 'maybe 10 fights away from possibly becoming UFC champion'
  • MMA Mania : Frenemies? ‘I Hate To See A Fighter Lose His Confidence’
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 3 weigh-in results: Welterweights, featherweights set in Chicago
  • MMA Mania : ‘When I Was Your Age, I Already Had Title Defenses, Buddy’
  • MMAFighting.com : Haney vs. Garcia fight card
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Belal Muhammad Claims He ‘Hates Leon Edwards’ Guts,’ Hopes To Dethrone The Welterweight King In Manchester
  • Middle Easy : Jorge Masvidal Says He’s ‘Definitely’ Returning To UFC, Wants Logan Paul Or Floyd Mayweather Jr In Boxing After Nate Diaz
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Suggests Herb Dean Played a Part in Jamahal Hill’s UFC 300 Loss, ‘Big’ John McCarthy Responds
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway responds to the 'un-BMF' demands from UFC champ Ilia Topuria
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Eddie Hearn says things about to get real for Ryan Garcia
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Hearn says things about to get real for Garcia
  • MMA Mania : PFL Chicago Weigh Ins Results, Staredowns!
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Relive every win of Conor McGregor’s epic UFC career