Topic: Women's Bantamweight - 135

Wheres the Champ?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Batwoman
Batwoman

07.21.2021 | 11:04 AM ET

Um how the hell is Amanda Nunes not on the list, yet all the women she's beaten at bantamweight are? I'll state right off the bat I am not a fan of Nunes,  but even i know she is better than Rousey, Holm, Tate etc. 

Responses

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick
  • Predictions:  9,727  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,779
  • Post Score: 273

07.21.2021 | 12:04 PM ET

Must be an error, she is defending her title against Pena so she's still active double champ. Not sure. She is the best women's MMA fighter ever. 

"For no particular reason beat up everyone"

stuthehistoryguy
stuthehistoryguy
  • Predictions:  10,383  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  737
  • Post Score: 316

07.22.2021 | 2:22 PM ET

I think they only allow a fighter to be ranked at the last weight they fought at.

"I'm not on your side. I'm not on his side. I'm on the side or being right. - Richard Harrison Sr"

CheckLeftHook
CheckLeftHook
  • Predictions:  2,389  |  56.6%
  • Forum Posts:  5,968
  • Post Score: 172

07.22.2021 | 6:28 PM ET

I had the same issue with Adesanya when he went to LHW. This is an admin's response "Our rankings only allow a fighter to be in 1 class at a time."

"🏴 No Quarter Given 🏴"

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,304  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,311
  • Post Score: 285

07.22.2021 | 8:55 PM ET

"Our rankings only allow a fighter to be in 1 class at a time."

That's really stupid seeing that there are people who have titles in more than one weight class at a time. I think it should be changed to being able to rank them in any weight class they have fought at. 

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

stuthehistoryguy
stuthehistoryguy
  • Predictions:  10,383  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  737
  • Post Score: 316

07.23.2021 | 11:52 AM ET

...within a reasonable amount of time. Yes, sir, I agree.

At least make an exception for current titleholders. It's rather silly to have Amanda Nunes unranked at featherweight - and REALLY silly to have Izze unranked at middleweight, as he was for a while.

"I'm not on your side. I'm not on his side. I'm on the side or being right. - Richard Harrison Sr"

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,304  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,311
  • Post Score: 285

07.23.2021 | 2:21 PM ET

@stuthehistoryguy

I agree about the only being able to rank them in that devision if they have fought in that devision within however many years as otherwise you'd end up with some really inaccurate rankings. Having said that, if you could rank them in any devision they have ever fought in, then it would be funny to see where Rumble Johnson falls in people's Welterweight rankings lol!

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC.com : UFC UNFILTERED | Ariane Lipski, Austin Hubbard, UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez picks
  • MMA Mania : Cannonier Vs Imamov Headlines UFC Louisville
  • Bad Left Hook : Cieslak vs Chamberlain joins Billam-Smith vs Riakporhe 2 on June 15
  • Bad Left Hook : Michal Cieslak vs Isaac Chamberlain joins Billam-Smith vs Riakporhe 2 on June 15
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! BKFC ‘KnuckleMania 4’ Press Conference Video!
  • UFC.com : UFC Returns To Louisville For UFC Fight Night On June 8 At KFC Yum! Center
  • MMA Junkie : Tatiana Suarez campaigns for title shot vs. Zhang Weili at UFC 306: 'I get a submission 100 percent'
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302: Makhachev vs. Poirier adds key prospect bout
  • UFC.com : Gabriel Benitez: Still flying the flag
  • MMA Mania : A Special Message For Chinless Scumbags
  • UFC.com : Rhythm Is Gonna Get You: Why Timing Is Everything For Matheus Nicolau
  • MMA Junkie : Tatsuro Taira fills UFC 302 opening, fights Joshua Van
  • MMAFighting.com : Ronda Rousey blasts Joe Rogan, MMA media for turning on her: ‘They’re a bunch of assh*les’
  • Jits Magazine : BJJ Stars 12 Full Preview
  • MMA Junkie : Mike Malott books UFC return after upset loss to Neil Magny
  • MMAFighting.com : Between the Links: Ryan Garcia silences doubters, Dana White’s victory lap, UFC Vegas 91 vs. KnuckleMania
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch BTL live now
  • MMAFighting.com : Donald Cerrone reveals nasty injury preparing to ride Dana White’s Twisted Steel
  • MMA Mania : Once More, With Kicking
  • Bad Left Hook : Adrien Broner vs Blair Cobbs official for June 7, WBC title fight on undercard