Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Ladd vs. Dumont

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  32,990
  • Post Score: 47

07.03.2021 | 3:45 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
  • Saturday 10.16.2021 at 04:30 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN+
  • Name: UFC Fight Night: Ladd vs. Dumont
  • Also Known As: UFC Vegas 40
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: UFC APEX
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Brendan Fitzgerald, Michael Bisping
  • Ring Announcer: Joe Martinez
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Michael Bisping
  • MMA Bouts: 10
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Norma Dumont   defeats   Aspen Ladd   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Andrei Arlovski   defeats   Carlos Felipe   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jim Miller   defeats   Erick Gonzalez   via KO/TKO, Overhand Left   0:14 Round 2 of 3, 5:14 Total Bout Page
Manon Fiorot   defeats   Mayra Bueno Silva   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Nate Landwehr   defeats   Ľudovít Klein   via Submission, Anaconda Choke   2:22 Round 3 of 3, 12:22 Total Bout Page
Bruno Silva   defeats   Andrew Sanchez   via KO/TKO, Punches (standing TKO)   2:35 Round 3 of 3, 12:35 Total Bout Page
Danny Roberts   defeats   Ramazan Emeev   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Luana Carolina   defeats   Lupita Godinez   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Batgerel Danaa   defeats   Brandon Davis   via KO/TKO, Knees, Punches and Elbows   2:01 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Ariane Carnelossi   defeats   Istela Nunes   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   2:57 Round 3 of 3, 12:57 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 8

NgannouPunch
NgannouPunch
  • Predictions:  436  |  58.5%
  • Forum Posts:  978
  • Post Score: 224

10.14.2021 | 7:30 AM ET

@Erasethemoon

Predictions: 0 of 0 Winners, 0 Perfect, 0 Points   |   Tied for 3101st

She isnt cutting to 115....the fight is at 125.
Dankmemes112
Dankmemes112
  • Predictions:  1,079  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  245
  • Post Score: 294

10.14.2021 | 7:53 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 10 Winners, 4 Perfect, 375 Points   |   Tied for 961st

Roberts vs. Emeev
Danny Roberts, DEC
This fight is close, don't agree with the odds at all. Roberts is a much better striker than Emeev and does a decent job at getting back to his feet once he gets taken down. I don't like Emeev's striking that much, he can time takedowns well but he struggles to control his opponents and he also doesn't check leg kicks which Roberts uses very well. I'm going with the underdog pick here, I feel like Roberts can get something out of this, especially if he works at range and use his leg kicks, his striking is much better than Emeev's and if he can get some damage off on the feet and create scrambles he can win this

Thewelshguy1998
Thewelshguy1998
  • Predictions:  604  |  58.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,054
  • Post Score: 242

10.14.2021 | 8:06 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 3 Perfect, 405 Points   |   Tied for 536th

Everyone is confident in klein v landwehr but doesn't everyone remember how disappointed we were when we had him in a parlay and he came out with a **** performance against Mike trizano few months back ? 
Still got him to win but his last performance was poor 
NgannouPunch
NgannouPunch
  • Predictions:  436  |  58.5%
  • Forum Posts:  978
  • Post Score: 224

10.14.2021 | 8:21 AM ET

@TheWelshGuy

Predictions: 0 of 0 Winners, 0 Perfect, 0 Points   |   Tied for 3101st

Yeah I was thinking about that also...Klein showed that if he doesnt get the KO he's a candidate to gas out and have low volume...High level fighters go back into the lab after a loss to shore up the gaps in their game so he could come out and look a lot better. I take shots on people who looked bad last outing because everyone will count them out (Parker Porter...Danillo Marques...Priscilla Cachoeria are a few lately that I can think of that people wrote off and got wins.)

Even Agapova last week got yeemed by Dobson but bounced back with a good win. It happens all the time.

I do think Nate the Train is a live dog. Sure he's been finished but its been wild sequences in exchanges that put him down...and Klein for sure has a chance to land something flashy.

Also I'm not gonna fault Klein too much for the Trizano fight. Trizano is a very under rated dude...and he also took some shots from Klein that others would have folded too.
Thewelshguy1998
Thewelshguy1998

10.14.2021 | 8:29 AM ET

He just folded as soon as he realised he couldn't  deal with trizano height and reach
He might be ok against landwehr as he doesn't have that advantage over him 
ModestMan
ModestMan
  • Predictions:  543  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,870
  • Post Score: 116

10.14.2021 | 10:28 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 9 Winners, 3 Perfect, 430 Points   |   Tied for 371st

Change of heart on Loopy vs. Carolina, Carolina has more of a chance than I thought initially

"WMMA = 50/50 no matter the odds"

RawDogMMA
RawDogMMA
  • Predictions:  1,867  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5
  • Post Score: 200

10.14.2021 | 11:12 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 10 Winners, 4 Perfect, 465 Points   |   Tied for 134th

Can someone please put me off betting my bankroll on Jim Miller Submission Round 1, those odds are toooo nice. 

"Speculate to Accumulate "

caseyjones92
caseyjones92
  • Predictions:  267  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  28
  • Post Score: 86

10.14.2021 | 11:31 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 420 Points   |   Tied for 406th

I'd go for round 2, Miller needs to get hit and bleed a little before he gets going lol
CrimsonChinGuru
CrimsonChinGuru
  • Predictions:  3,115  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  10,536
  • Post Score: 109

10.14.2021 | 12:05 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 315 Points   |   Tied for 1776th

Dumont vs. Ladd
Norma Dumont, DEC
Was Ladd at the beginning of the week, don't like how many weight cuts she's had and Dumont's takedown defense should be able to keep Ladd off of her to eventually win a DEC on the feet.

Arlovski vs. Felipe
Carlos Felipe, DEC
Faded Arlovski against Sherman, expected Sherman to have the better output. Just didn't realize how bad BKFC Fighters are, Felipe should be able to just out land the older man to a lackluster DEC.

Miller vs. Gonzalez
Jim Miller, SUB, R1
Hopefully Miller wastes no time goes straight for the takedown into a submission, if he was able to get Solecki's back; he should make Gonzalez pay.

Fiorot vs. Bueno Silva
Manon Fiorot, DEC
Like Fiorot's takedown defense and striking. Especially against a BJJ artist with subpar at best takedowns, subs and very low volume on the feet. Expecting Silva to tough it out to a DEC.

Marquez vs. Wright
Julian Marquez, TKO, R2
Don't think Wright can put out Marquez in the 1st knowing Marquez has a granite chin. Haven't seen much of Wright going into round 2 or even late round one, Hawes basically had Wright dead to rights (lmao didn't even mean to do that.) at the end of the 1st round. Don't think Wright will shoot and put himself in bad positions rather just get done up on the feet the later this fight goes, Marquez's low volume does scare me tho.

Sanchez vs. Silva
Bruno Silva, TKO, R1
Really rate Silva as an up and coming talent. Expecting Silva to connect early on Sanchez's chin putting him out cold.

Roberts vs. Emeev
Ramazan Emeev, DEC
Emeev has the Russian mafia on his side, loses to Tony Martin and UFC says alright let's go back to giving him favorable matchups. Expecting Emeev to throw Roberts up against the cage with a few takedown but not staying on him for long as his top pressure is pretty bad for a Dagestani wrestler..

Godinez vs. Carolina
Lupita Godinez, SUB, R2
Carolina seems to struggle with the ground wouldn't be surprised if Godinez goes straight to the ground with her trying to exploit the weakness of her game, either 1st or 2nd round sub can't see Carolina surviving to a DEC unless Godinez gasses but with back to back fights seems unrealistic. Only reason this goes past 5 mins is the weight difference.

Klein vs. Landwehr
Ľudovít Klein, TKO, R1
This fight really comes down to has Klein made the improvements to deal with pressure and has Landwehr made it a point to improve his defense. Scares me how recklessly Landwehr moves his head to dodge.

Davis vs. Batgerel
Brandon Davis, DEC
Was backing Batgerel till now, think if Alatengheili was able to score 3 out of 7 td's with almost 3 minutes of control time that Davis should be able to hold Batgerel down for at least 6-8 minutes winning a close DEC. That Rey Trujillo fight is sus but he got the win nonetheless.

Carnelossi vs. Nunes
Ariane Carnelossi, TKO, R2
Was looking at a sub here but Carnelossi has only shot 1 takedown, 1 sub attempted that both failed in her UFC fights. Even if this fight ends up on the ground can see her just ground and pounding it out.

* Edited at 10.14.2021, 12:21 PM ET *

"They killed Jesus for speaking the truth..."

NameUser
NameUser
  • Predictions:  849  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  365
  • Post Score: 150

10.14.2021 | 12:22 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 10 Winners, 3 Perfect, 440 Points   |   Tied for 256th

Am I the only one who sees the appearance of Carnelossi and Nunes very similar? Put their pics side to side and honestly the look very alike. The nose, the face shape. Nunes looks like a more younger and feminine version of Carnelossi LOL
This user is suspended from posting until 3 weeks, 6 days, 16 hours, and 22 minutes from now.
Crimp_Keeper
Crimp_Keeper
  • Predictions:  2,046  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  13
  • Post Score: 338

10.14.2021 | 2:12 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 275 Points   |   Tied for 2292nd

@thewelshguy1998 I think you’re severely underrating Trizanos improvements from his layoff. Klein is legit and so is Trizano. It’s this outlook that will give us Trizano at juicy odds next time out. 

* Edited at 10.14.2021, 2:13 PM ET *

Dankmemes112
Dankmemes112
  • Predictions:  1,079  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  245
  • Post Score: 294

10.14.2021 | 2:32 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 10 Winners, 4 Perfect, 375 Points   |   Tied for 961st

Sanchez vs. Silva
Andrew Sanchez, DEC
Close fight, Sanchez has made improvements on the feet, despite losing against Muradov he still looked okay, he was able to land solid counters and he is fast too. He's faster than Silva but Silva can crack, if Sanchez can shoot some takedowns here and there too it'll get Silva thinking a lot and it'll only help Sanchez. Sanchez needs to be the one pressuring, he can't let Silva come forward. I'm ever so slightly picking Sanchez to win this one but not confident in it at all, can go either way

Thewelshguy1998
Thewelshguy1998

10.14.2021 | 2:52 PM ET

@crimpkeeper
Yeah I agree trizano is a good and did well in that fight I was just saying that maybe we shouldn't be so confident in klein after last time , I think he will do better this weekend because landwehr doesn't have height or reach advantage 
DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,542
  • Post Score: 262

10.14.2021 | 4:38 PM ET

Just for the fact, Loopy is having the quickest turnaround between fight with a 7 day turn around , Khamzat is the current record at the moment at 10 or 11 day as he fought on a Wednesday then the next Saturday. And they're a few people tied  with  a 2 week turnaround 

"Quack quack quack"

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,263  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,257
  • Post Score: 136

10.14.2021 | 5:01 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 10 Winners, 0 Perfect, 495 Points   |   52nd Place

Miller is easily the best lightweight to never be UFC champ end of discussion he has many wins over champs and contenders.
I don't bet so I wont give advice on that. 

"“I took no damage,” Hill said. “Most of the fall was me falling down"

Saikou
Saikou
  • Predictions:  2,777  |  66.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,939
  • Post Score: 143

10.14.2021 | 5:57 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 440 Points   |   Tied for 256th

Miller vs. Gonzalez
Jim Miller, SUB, R1
I'll be honest, I haven't watched too much tape on Gonzalez but I do know that he'll most likely look to keep this fight on the feet. I checked his competition level in the regional scene and I have to admit that it's kind of poor. Luckily for him, every fight starts on the feet, now, knowing that, Miller is obviously going to want to close the distance and get this on the ground, whether he's on top or under Gonzalez. And if this touches the ground, I think Miller will win quickly. That armbar he got on Roberts was wicked, he even almost lost the grip on it just to snatch it back. And between Roberts and Gonzalez, I believe Roberts has the superior ground game. Although I could look very dumb for this pick given that Miller's age might be a big factor, I just think that his ground game is just so much superior to Gonzalez's. Plus, Jiu Jitsu is one of those sports where age doesn't matter as much as a sport where you have to strike. So with all that said, I have Miller to get this done and leave the octagon with a W!

Godinez vs. Carolina
Lupita Godinez, DEC
Loopy is a savage for doing, I'll pick her to win by DEC but a factor that's making this more close than it should be is that eight inch reach advantage that Carolina is carrying with her into this fight. If Godinez is looking to do to Carolina what she did to Juarez in her last fight (Get on the inside with Boxing combinations and wrestle with Luana) then her chances of winning increase tremendously given that the distance will be closed, Luana also got put in those clinch-takedown situations alot against Botelho her last time, basically each time Botelho was looking for a takedown. Now, Botelho is quite a bit bigger than Godinez, but I don't believe she has the grappling credentials that Godinez has. So with all that said, I'm going with Godinez but the only issue I have with my pick is the overall lenght and size advantage Carolina has on Loopy.

Klein vs. Landwehr
Ľudovít Klein, TKO, R1
In my opinion, Klein lost his last fight because he was looking to wrestle instead of striking like he's done for a long part of his career. I'm picking him to win here, I hope I don't look stupid at the end. Landwehr isn't a horrendous underdog to pick though.

Davis vs. Batgerel
Danaa Batgerel, TKO, R1
Man this is so 50/50 for me. Davis can take a good shot, like we saw in his fight with Randy who's got good KO power. And unlike Batgerel's last opponents, Davis is quite big, he's coming down from Featherweight, another division in which he was taking shots well, so that might play a factor in helping him given that Batgerel is mostly looking for that shot to KO you. Along with the fact that Davis is coming from Featherweight, he's also quite longer than his opponent, he has a two inch reach advantage and a three inch height advantage. If he can be aware of that one shot that Batgerel is looking for by playing it safe and keep Batgerel at the end of his jabs and kicks while also engaging with takedowns and clinch attempts for the first part of this fight, then I can see him having a huge success, considering how Batgerel is mostly looking to counter (his last two big KO wins came with counter lead left hooks). I'm gonna pick Batgerel, mostly because I'm a ***** but like I mentioned it's really equal for me.

"Jreynolds future champ"

shaqalicious023
shaqalicious023
  • Predictions:  494  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  120
  • Post Score: 82

10.14.2021 | 6:29 PM ET

Analysis and predictions video for Balkan fans

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 340 Points   |   Tied for 1443rd

Sabbath
Sabbath
  • Predictions:  1,868  |  63.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,437
  • Post Score: 239

10.14.2021 | 6:35 PM ET

Ludovit is ******

Predictions: 1 of 1 Winners, 0 Perfect, 65 Points   |   Tied for 3064th

Klein is pretty overhyped. I get it, those head kicks are pretty sexy and all, but beyond the flash is a grossly one-dimensional fighter. He prods and prods and prods all day with his lead hand trying to get a reaction and hoping they will eagerly attempt to parry a rear hand he rarely throws, so that he can bait them with a head kick to the temple. Basic strat, an effective one, but not one that will get you far in the UFC. That’s where Nate comes in.

Nate is, simply put, ugly as ****. Watching Nate Landwehr fight is like watching the most technical variation of a Worldstar street fight video. He’s like a punching bag with anchor arms and a gear shift attached to his crotch that’s stuck in drive. He’s as reckless, relentless pressure fighter with no comprehension of lateral or defensive movement. This makes him a nightmare matchup for Ludovit. Ludovit has a bad tendency of backing up against the cage, and really only applies significant lateral movement when his back is against the cage. Add this with his predictability, unexceptional wrestling and requiring distance to land his signature head kick, and you’ve got a recipe for a bloodbath on Ludovit’s behalf. 

And keep in mind, Nate ain’t the best striker in the world by any means, but he actually has a silver gloves award. This guy’s boxing is technical when he wants it to be, and I see him going for A LOT of body shots in this bout. The best I can see Ludovit winning this bout is landing something nasty in the first round PRONTO, preferably a flying knee since Nate just loves to Headbutt knees. Practically French kisses them. 

Nate by KO in R3
This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 2 months, 2 weeks, 2 days, 19 hours, and 16 minutes from now.
ThaFilthiestCasual
ThaFilthiestCasual
  • Predictions:  488  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  32
  • Post Score: 178

10.14.2021 | 8:12 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 10 Winners, 3 Perfect, 440 Points   |   Tied for 256th

Arlovski vs. Felipe
Andrei Arlovski, DEC
Could easily be also filipe by split decision, winning soley on volume

MMAFan223
MMAFan223
  • Predictions:  13,077  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  313
  • Post Score: 205

10.15.2021 | 12:02 AM ET

Where can I bet that Arlovski vs Felipe goes to split decision?

Page 8

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone Tears Bicep ‘Off the Bone’ While Preparing to Ride Dana White’s Prized Bull
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Spann claims he hasn't watched tape on Bogdan Guskov ahead of UFC on ESPN 55 co-main bout
  • MMAFighting.com : Joaquin Buckley vs. Nursulton Ruziboev announced for UFC St. Louis co-headliner
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley gets UFC on ESPN 56 co-main assignment vs. Nursulton Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : Pereira = ... Askren? ‘It’s Weird To See’
  • MMAFighting.com : Cain Velasquez attempted murder trial set to begin in September
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo confirms UFC 301 final fight on contract, hints at boxing match at Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Run it back, give fans a fair fight’: Devin Haney on Ryan Garcia loss
  • UFC.com : Alexandre Pantoja | TUF Beginnings
  • MMA Junkie : Former UFC champion Cain Velasquez gets trial date in attempted murder case
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Love Dana White. There’s No Issues’
  • MMAFighting.com : TKO CEO Ari Emanuel earned nearly $65 million in compensation in 2023, including $20 million bonus from UFC
  • Middle Easy : Marlon Vera Calls Out Ex-UFC Champion for Bantamweight Title Eliminator at MSG in November
  • MMA Junkie : Alex Perez not surprised Steve Erceg got UFC title shot, despite Muhammad Mokaev's 'tougher resume'
  • Jits Magazine : PGF World Season 6: Best Of Day 2
  • MMA Junkie : Video: 'UFC on ESPN 55: Nicolau vs. Perez' media day interviews
  • UFC.com : Best UFC Fights To Happen In Rio de Janeiro | UFC Fight Pass
  • MMA Junkie : UFC champion Islam Makhachev not excited by potential Max Holloway matchup – not yet, at least
  • MMA Mania : Full PFL Uncasville Fight Card Revealed!
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 303: McGregor vs. Chandler official with 7 fights booked so far