Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Ladd vs. Dumont

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  32,996
  • Post Score: 47

07.03.2021 | 3:45 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
  • Saturday 10.16.2021 at 04:30 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN+
  • Name: UFC Fight Night: Ladd vs. Dumont
  • Also Known As: UFC Vegas 40
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: UFC APEX
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Brendan Fitzgerald, Michael Bisping
  • Ring Announcer: Joe Martinez
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Michael Bisping
  • MMA Bouts: 10
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Norma Dumont   defeats   Aspen Ladd   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Andrei Arlovski   defeats   Carlos Felipe   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jim Miller   defeats   Erick Gonzalez   via KO/TKO, Overhand Left   0:14 Round 2 of 3, 5:14 Total Bout Page
Manon Fiorot   defeats   Mayra Bueno Silva   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Nate Landwehr   defeats   Ľudovít Klein   via Submission, Anaconda Choke   2:22 Round 3 of 3, 12:22 Total Bout Page
Bruno Silva   defeats   Andrew Sanchez   via KO/TKO, Punches (standing TKO)   2:35 Round 3 of 3, 12:35 Total Bout Page
Danny Roberts   defeats   Ramazan Emeev   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Luana Carolina   defeats   Lupita Godinez   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Batgerel Danaa   defeats   Brandon Davis   via KO/TKO, Knees, Punches and Elbows   2:01 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Ariane Carnelossi   defeats   Istela Nunes   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   2:57 Round 3 of 3, 12:57 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 11

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  15,948  |  67.4%
  • Forum Posts:  32,049
  • Post Score: 88

10.15.2021 | 4:06 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 365 Points   |   Tied for 1070th

Dumont vs. Ladd
Aspen Ladd, TKO, R3
I feel like a lot of people are overhyping Dumont and underestimating Ladd. Yes, Ladd has had one of the worst strings of luck when it comes to getting a fight, but she made weight today no problems at all. I think a lot of people are also impressed with Dumont's last fight, but how good is Felicia specter really? imo she's just an above average featherweight. Yeah Dumont looks good all around, but I think people do forget that Ladd is ranked 3 in her division and aside from her questionable stoppage loss to GDR, has been perfect in her fighting career. She's also knocked out everyone she's fought execpt for sijaara Eubanks who she has beaten twice.

Arlovski vs. Felipe
Andrei Arlovski, DEC
Felipe is a solid prospect but hes not ready for this step up in competition. yes, his fights may be exciting but at the end of the day, hes not fighting the same people arlovski is; tafa and de Castro dont really compare to boser and Aspinall. Another thing about Felipe is, while he may make fights exciting with his brawling and taunting, you could make the argument that hes actually lost the tafa and the collier fights. Felipes best chance is knocking out arlovski but doesn't hit very hard and has yet to have a fight end inside the distance in the Ufc. I think this is going to be similar to the miller/gonzalez fight where the veteran experience is going to over power the young and ****y fighter.

Miller vs. Gonzalez
Jim Miller, SUB, R1
This is a really tough one to call. Miller is nearing the end of his career and they are giving him an unproven debutant. Gonzalez hasn't been can crushing but he hasn't been facing the greatest completion, where Jim miller has the second most appearances in the Ufc. Miller is older, but he still looks pretty good in the first round before slowing down in the next two. He also still has incredible bjj and I think he will pull of the sub here as Gonzalez has been finished by sub before. Gonzalez did say hes going to go and try and knockout miller spectacularly, which I dont really like for a few reasons: first, miller is pretty durable and has only been ko'ed twice against dan hooker and cowboy. This makes me think that Gonzalez will gas trying to impress Dana. Another thing I dont like is I feel he will try and hit miller with some flashy strikes, which could also lead to him getting taken down and subbed. Finally, the experience. Miller may be declining but at the end of the day hes faced much tougher opponents and even if you look at his recent losses, he's losing to really good fighters so I think his experience will help him outpoint Gonzalez.

Fiorot vs. Bueno Silva
Manon Fiorot, TKO, R2
this is a really good matchup between two really good prospects. Manon has some of the crispest striking we've seen in the women's flyweight division and, on the flip side, silva has some of the best bjj in the women's division. Silva has solid striking, but she does absorb +.83 more strikes than she lands, which is not good against an exceptional striker like fiorot. Another thing that keeps me away from the silva side is her wrestling. Despite having some of the best bjj in her division, silva has not landed a single takedown and I believe has only ever attempted one in her Ufc career. However, a lot of her wins come from her opponents making a mistake and her getting the sub as a result (much like Mackenzie dern last week).

Sanchez vs. Silva
Bruno Silva, TKO, R2
Sanchez is a well rounded fighter; hes solid in all fundamentals of the sport, but has decided to become more of a striker recently. I have a feeling this fight will be similar to his last, where he is going to stand with someone who is objectively a better striker and get ko'ed as a result. Silva has power too, this dude knocked out some pretty good people on the regional scene and looked really good after his 3 year USADA suspension. One weakness in silva's game is his tendency to lose by submission, but these losses happened earlier in his career and he is also a black belt himself. He also was able to out grapple another black belt in turman and also showed a really good tdd, so even if Sanchez goes to the wrestling, he may not even be able to take silva down.

Roberts vs. Emeev
Ramazan Emeev, DEC
this feels like weird matchmaking to me. Roberts is coming off of a 2 year layoff and is getting a pretty tough opponent. Emeev may be a very boring decision machine, but that boring style wins him fights. hes probably going to wrestle Roberts, who has a 53% tdd and grind him out to a boring decision. Roberts has been finished in all his losses but I really dont think emeev will finish him.

Godinez vs. Carolina
Luana Carolina, DEC
Going with the underdog here. Loopy looked incredible in her last fight but, it was against a short notice replacement from the contender series. I think she rightfully deserves to be the favorite but she is going to be much smaller and going to have a serious reach disadvantage of 8 inches. Luana is also a very capable striker and I think she's going to look even better on the feet because of the reach advantage. One complaint I do have from Luana is her ground game as she did get submitted by ******* ariane lipski, so I could see loopy winning via sub.

Klein vs. Landwehr
Ľudovít Klein, TKO, R1
klein is a really well rounded fighter. he has a strong wrestling and sub game but has more recently relied on his striking, using his patented high kick. In his last fight, Klein had to rely more on his wrestling as his striking was nullified due to trizano. He showed the flaws in Kleins striking, but I think that's easier said then done, and is more the result of trizano being the better fighter that night. Nate is going to be a much different fight than trizano; Nate can be technical if he wants to, but in his Ufc tenure he has shown a tendency to brawl and throw caution to the wind. While this pressure could throw off klein, you really dont want to get in a brawl with someone who has the power of klein. I see this going similar to Nates debut.

Davis vs. Batgerel
Brandon Davis, DEC
davis had a super tough run in the Ufc, going 2-5, but he was facing people like giga and zabit and I also believe he took some fights on short notice as well. Coming down a division is gonna be really useful for him because he is going to have a 3 inch height advantage and a 2 inch reach advantage over danaa. However, he does have a really tough opponent in front of him; Danaa has some beautiful striking and hits like a truck. One problem lies in his wrestling, as shown in the alateng fight, and I think that's something Davis can go to here as he has a solid ground game. This combined with Davis's ability to take a shot will help him pull off the win.

Carnelossi vs. Nunes
Ariane Carnelossi, TKO, R2
I dont really like the fact that nunes has been out of competition for 3 years because of roids. Especially if she is off her roid cycle now I think she is going to get pummeled by the much larger carnelossi.

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

TheWBush
TheWBush
  • Predictions:  243  |  84.0%
  • Forum Posts:  436
  • Post Score: 358

10.15.2021 | 4:13 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 315 Points   |   Tied for 1776th

Greasy ****** card ****** ufc. alright changed my mind bet the house on jim miller inside the distance. I hate this card ****** hell

"Say perhaps to drugs"

Volatyle
Volatyle
  • Predictions:  495  |  55.8%
  • Forum Posts:  153
  • Post Score: 58

10.15.2021 | 4:31 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 0 Perfect, 330 Points   |   Tied for 1622nd

Can we just address the fact that Arlovski is rocking the most Russian beard ever? Seriously... is he going as Zangief for halloween or what?

* Edited at 10.15.2021, 6:50 PM ET *

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,263  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,258
  • Post Score: 136

10.15.2021 | 4:41 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 10 Winners, 0 Perfect, 495 Points   |   52nd Place

Very impressive Belarus beard I'm honestly jealous, think it beats Court Mcgees!!  

"“I took no damage,” Hill said. “Most of the fall was me falling down"

Amettxpc
Amettxpc
  • Predictions:  12,799  |  73.4%
  • Forum Posts:  2,187
  • Post Score: 192

10.15.2021 | 5:02 PM ET

Thoughts on the Main Event

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 3 Perfect, 400 Points   |   Tied for 617th

It's funny to hear fans call this fight '' The Worst Main Event '', because surely they also think: Why the UFC always favors fighters like McGregor, Lesnar, Rousey and Jones despite inactivity or problems with USADA? (the latest in the cases of Lesnar and Jones), Why do the same fighters always receive the main spots or title shots ?. For fighters to grow on Fanbase and make their way in the UFC they need opportunities like these: Thiago Santos vs. Eryk Anders was a Fight Night Main Event in Brazil that many did not understand because it was the Main Event and it was a very exciting fight, Kattar vs. Ige was a Main Event that was also criticized but then also people complained about why the UFC does not give the Featherweight Fighters a chance outside the Top 5, Former Champions like Robert Whittaker, Max Holloway, Cody Garbrandt were able to make themselves known when they had Main Events against fighters like Derek Brunson, Charles Oliviera and Thomas Almeida respectively. The fight that catapulted Adesanya to always be in the main PPV fights was his Main Event in the TUF Finale against Brad Tavares, fighters such as Sean Strickland, Giga Chikadze, Islam Makhachev showed their best performances and made themselves known more widely to the public. just when they fought in their first Fight Night Main Event. This week Aspen Ladd and Norma Dumont have the opportunity to have the 5 round Fight Night fight and be the main image of the poster. It was a fight on Short Notice, but both have a winning streak, both come from perhaps their most important victory in relation to the names of their rivals (Dumont beat the former title challenger Felicia Spencer and Ladd comes from defeating the former challenger to the title Yana Kunitskaya). This fight may be the key to a future title shot for the winner and is a commendable spot for its current momentum. It is understandable that many people have low expectations, but in general Main Events with little Hype tend to be one of the most exciting fights like Figueiredo-Moreno or Waterson-Hill last year.

"Moicano Wants Money!"

Thewelshguy1998
Thewelshguy1998
  • Predictions:  604  |  58.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,054
  • Post Score: 242

10.15.2021 | 5:15 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 3 Perfect, 405 Points   |   Tied for 536th

I'm pissed that marquez and Wright is off it was plus odds for over 1.5 rounds 
FresnoMMA
FresnoMMA
  • Predictions:  55,165  |  68.6%
  • Forum Posts:  7,431
  • Post Score: 204

10.15.2021 | 5:15 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 290 Points   |   Tied for 2093rd

@amettxpc I see where you're coming from and that's done pretty consistently for Fight Night cards, the main event is used to bolster name value and hype for contenders and in some cases could be considered title eliminators. 
It's a smart move because when the fighters that do end up fighting for the title, fight for the title, they have had that exposure as a main event fighter as well as having that 5 round experience.
Doesn't change the fact that this is a **** main event though. 
PEACE
PEACE

10.15.2021 | 9:17 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 380 Points   |   Tied for 829th

How has Davis looked outside the UFC lately?  He's bigger than Batgriel and that split with Giga looks real good these days.   He worth taking a shot on?

* Edited at 10.15.2021, 9:18 PM ET *

"I probably think you're a ****."

Mightypro150
Mightypro150
  • Predictions:  8,881  |  68.4%
  • Forum Posts:  144
  • Post Score: 67

10.15.2021 | 9:54 PM ET

They just lost the best fight of the card.

I swear, they wait until the day before the fight and intentionally dump fights over "non disclosed" health reasons so Bruce Buffer can get to bed on time.  Jordan Wright is probably 110%.

"It's like predicting the future..., except it isn't."

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

10.15.2021 | 10:40 PM ET

@PEACE

he’s looked good but he’s also been can crushing. The opponents on his win streak are just objectively worse than Davis.

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

10.15.2021 | 10:46 PM ET

That being said, my pick is still on Davis, but I don’t feel confident enough to get because danaa is an incredibly tough fight for your return to the ufc.

loudenSwain
loudenSwain
  • Predictions:  15,071  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,313
  • Post Score: 283

10.15.2021 | 11:08 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 3 Perfect, 415 Points   |   Tied for 462nd

"This is Prize-Fighting, IDGAF about your family or your problems - MassaBruce"

FresnoMMA
FresnoMMA
  • Predictions:  55,165  |  68.6%
  • Forum Posts:  7,431
  • Post Score: 204

10.15.2021 | 11:37 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 290 Points   |   Tied for 2093rd

I have Davis, although he looked like he had a pretty tough weight cut judging by the weigh ins today
Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

10.15.2021 | 11:47 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 430 Points   |   Tied for 319th

Jim Miller   vs.   Erick Gonzalez 

Honestly, Jim miller shouldn't be -200 plus against anyone competing in UFC at this point in his career. He is truly the definitional shopworn veteran. He's 1-3 in his last four, and he's 38 years old, an age that belies his overall condition because he's been a professional MMA fighter since age 5--which incidentally is same age at which he fathered his first child and started smoking.

I'm going to take him by sub here, but that's only because Gonzalez lacks KO power and has zero situational awareness in grappling transmissions or anywhere else. I doubt his ring I.Q exceeds the average room temperature. He also  throws strikes like a tween mongoloid hurling pudding in a remedial school food fight.

But I won't be surprised if he can stuff TD's and do slightly enough to take it by split. Or if when Jim does sink in a sub at some point his arm just falls off at the shoulder, like a wet ginger bread man trying to open a bottle of ketchup.

Miller, Sub R1-2.

* Edited at 10.16.2021, 12:05 AM ET *

brandonk
brandonk
  • Predictions:  3,846  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  377
  • Post Score: 93

10.16.2021 | 12:16 AM ET

Predictions: 4 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 225 Points   |   Tied for 2676th

Fiorot by Decision may be worth something here.
DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,544
  • Post Score: 262

10.16.2021 | 2:08 AM ET

Predictions: 5 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 315 Points   |   Tied for 1776th

This may be unpopular, But I actually think this card is not bad, More mediocre, This card is not boring, Only boring fight is Ramazen Emmeve fight IMO, The names ain't great and the skill aren't great, But i think these boys and girls will throw down for your money, I think this card might shock people as people think  it ****, But it just being mediocre might make it amazing being of the expactation

And a hill I die on is that UFC 255 is the worst card ever, as the main card which you had to pay $65 for had Valitina Shevshinko and she is the most boring fighter in the UFC, Chookagian is pretty close on the list, No one want to see Shogun get merked by Paul Craig and Figgy vs Perez was a mismatch, Only saving grace was Tim Means vs Mike Perry, Which was quite awesom, And don't forget you had to pay $65

"Quack quack quack"

FallenAngel
FallenAngel
  • Predictions:  5,776  |  70.9%
  • Forum Posts:  281
  • Post Score: 127

10.16.2021 | 2:13 AM ET

UFC Fight Night : Ladd vs Dumont |Full Card Fight Predictions in 3 Min (UFC Vegas 40)

"Every second is a gift"

Volatyle
Volatyle
  • Predictions:  495  |  55.8%
  • Forum Posts:  153
  • Post Score: 58

10.16.2021 | 2:29 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 0 Perfect, 330 Points   |   Tied for 1622nd

Baldric with another great breakdown. Seriously, your **** leaves me laughing every time. I think I'm gonna start throwing in a "Baldric's quote of the event" on my post-fight posts 
Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

10.16.2021 | 2:31 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 430 Points   |   Tied for 319th

:)
depmode33
depmode33
  • Predictions:  248  |  57.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,383
  • Post Score: 183

10.16.2021 | 3:21 AM ET

Predictions: 2 of 10 Winners, 0 Perfect, 100 Points   |   Tied for 3012th

Jim Miller Sub Round 1 +750 is just way too tempting against a guy who has been tapped out in the 1st round several times before.  

Arlovski vs Felipe to go to decision: -165 is pretty nice odds too.  

Page 11

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Elijah Dorsey To Challenge Max Hanson For Welterweight Title At Enigma Invitational 15
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Buckley Lands UFC St. Louis Co-Main Vs. Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 Odds, Under Dogs And Best Bets!
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Just continue being the best’: Crawford looks forward to upcoming title fight with Madrimov
  • MMA Mania : Doumbe Gets New Opponent For Bellator Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Terence Crawford vs. Israil Madrimov official; Isaac Cruz, Andy Ruiz Jr. on undercard
  • Middle Easy : Chris Weidman Compares Alex Pereira’s Wrestling To Ben Askren’s Striking: ‘Such A Deficiency’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Step In The Fire With Pereira And He Knows That’
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau done with Manel Kape bookings, focused on title shot after UFC on ESPN 55 headliner
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight card: Perry vs. Alves
  • Middle Easy : ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone Tears Bicep ‘Off the Bone’ While Preparing to Ride Dana White’s Prized Bull
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Spann claims he hasn't watched tape on Bogdan Guskov ahead of UFC on ESPN 55 co-main bout
  • MMA Mania : Keep $300K Bonuses! ‘It Can’t Go Back’
  • MMAFighting.com : Joaquin Buckley vs. Nursulton Ruziboev announced for UFC St. Louis co-headliner
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley gets UFC on ESPN 56 co-main assignment vs. Nursulton Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : Pereira = ... Askren? ‘It’s Weird To See’
  • MMAFighting.com : Cain Velasquez attempted murder trial set to begin in September
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo confirms UFC 301 final fight on contract, hints at boxing match at Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Run it back, give fans a fair fight’: Devin Haney on Ryan Garcia loss
  • UFC.com : Alexandre Pantoja | TUF Beginnings