Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Santos vs. Walker

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  32,957
  • Post Score: 47

06.07.2021 | 9:37 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
  • Saturday 10.02.2021 at 04:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN+
  • Name: UFC Fight Night: Santos vs. Walker
  • Also Known As: UFC Vegas 38
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: UFC APEX
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Brendan Fitzgerald, Daniel Cormier
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Daniel Cormier
  • MMA Bouts: 12
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Thiago Santos   defeats   Johnny Walker   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Kevin Holland   vs.   Kyle Daukaus   Ends in a No Contest, Accidental Headbutt   3:43 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Niko Price   defeats   Alex Oliveira   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Krzysztof Jotko   defeats   Misha Cirkunov   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Alexander Hernandez   defeats   Mike Breeden   via KO/TKO, Overhand Right   1:20 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Jared Gordon   defeats   Joe Solecki   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Casey O'Neill   defeats   Antonina Shevchenko   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   4:47 Round 2 of 3, 9:47 Total Bout Page
Karol Rosa   defeats   Bethe Correia   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jamie Mullarkey   defeats   Devonte Smith   via KO/TKO, Punches   2:51 Round 2 of 3, 7:51 Total Bout Page
Douglas Silva de Andrade   defeats   Gaetano Pirrello   via KO/TKO, Counter Left Hook   2:04 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Stephanie Egger   defeats   Shanna Young   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   2:22 Round 2 of 3, 7:22 Total Bout Page
Alejandro Perez   defeats   Johnny Eduardo   via Submission, Modified Armbar   4:13 Round 2 of 3, 9:13 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 7

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick
  • Predictions:  9,727  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,778
  • Post Score: 273

09.29.2021 | 12:24 PM ET

back of the head shots ftw

* Edited at 09.29.2021, 12:24 PM ET *

"For no particular reason beat up everyone"

RangerJW
RangerJW
  • Predictions:  3,058  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  434
  • Post Score: 348

09.29.2021 | 2:14 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 425 Points   |   Tied for 1824th

Aric123
Aric123
  • Predictions:  1,414  |  66.7%
  • Forum Posts:  322
  • Post Score: 251

09.29.2021 | 2:15 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 9 Winners, 2 Perfect, 325 Points   |   Tied for 2746th

Anyone in the forums believe in walker to win this fight? I would love to see y’all thoughts. I can’t count out walker even tho his chin is suspect. He’s a wild and big hitter and I can see him being the faster man and blitzing Santos immediately 

"“Who ain’t got Jiu Jitsuuu” "

Aric123
Aric123
  • Predictions:  1,414  |  66.7%
  • Forum Posts:  322
  • Post Score: 251

09.29.2021 | 2:18 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 9 Winners, 2 Perfect, 325 Points   |   Tied for 2746th

Santos vs. Walker
Johnny Walker, TKO, R1
30 KO’s and 6 ko losses shared between these two warriors! I predict a round of the year contender this weekend.

"“Who ain’t got Jiu Jitsuuu” "

MadMan98
MadMan98
  • Predictions:  180  |  74.4%
  • Forum Posts:  49
  • Post Score: -14

09.29.2021 | 2:29 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 9 Winners, 3 Perfect, 465 Points   |   Tied for 1383rd

Thanks to all guys, im going to pick round and method for next times, literally nothing to lose

"i don't define myself as a trashtalker but like as a truthtalker"

RangerJW
RangerJW

09.29.2021 | 2:57 PM ET

@Aric123

I think Walker definitely has a chance to KO Santos with his explosive power, but I think Santos is savvy and cautious enough to avoid Walker's weird angles. I think Santos will approach this fight a lot like he did against Rakic, only I don't think Walker is as good as Rakic. I think Walker will overcommit on everything as usual and eventually get slept. 
Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,263  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,256
  • Post Score: 136

09.29.2021 | 3:06 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 8 Winners, 1 Perfect, 290 Points   |   Tied for 2886th

give John Boy one chance in 20..on the feet after that he has no chance.

* Edited at 09.29.2021, 3:07 PM ET *

"“I took no damage,” Hill said. “Most of the fall was me falling down"

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

09.29.2021 | 4:38 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 375 Points   |   Tied for 2339th

Thiago Santos   vs.   Johnny Walker 

I'm surprised so many people are as confident as they are on Santos here. Fortuna wears a blindfold, people. Never forget that.
I do not share this certainty. I think this fight is about 50/50, or perhaps 60/40 weighted towards santos. And I am going to pick him. But I will not be in the least surprised if Walker rips out some kind of insane death strike and ends his life in R1, either. The chance of this going to decision is unbelievably low, and you could just about flip a coin and pick either guy by KO/TKO.

Consider a few things: Is Maretta going to try and initiate wrestling? Probably not. Is He known for his boxing, does he fight out of a boxing stance as does Anderson? No. Now think about all the people Walker has lost to, and the way that has happened.
Hmmmm.....

I'll take Santos, but on shaky ground. And I may flip by the time the day comes around.
RangerJW
RangerJW

09.29.2021 | 5:46 PM ET

I'm also in the 60/40 range for Santos. For me, the most compromising factor is how exposed Walker leaves himself when he commits to those big shots. And so far, Walker's defense has just been more offense, which leaves him ultra-super-mega exposed. Honestly, he's lucky he wasn't flatlined against Spann. Dude's got a chin, I'll say that.

Edit: I take that back, he doesn't have the best chin because he's no stranger to those roller skates, but he's certainly dangerous even when he's rocked. Spann was just on the losing end of it that time. Obviously, Walker isn't always that lucky.

* Edited at 09.29.2021, 5:48 PM ET *

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,542
  • Post Score: 262

09.29.2021 | 5:47 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 525 Points   |   Tied for 599th

Santos vs. Walker
Thiago Santos, TKO, R1
I think Santos will win, Both guys are equally offensively potent, But Santos have better defence, and a way better chin. When you get dropped and finish by Corey Anderson of all people, Your chin is a problem, Also got dropped multiple time in the Spann fight, If Thaigo is in that position, The fight over. Also He could of beated Rakik, It was a close fight so don't discreadted Maheta skills

Holland vs. Daukaus
Kevin Holland, DEC
I have faith in Holland takedown defence not being to ****, or his ability to scramble with Daukaus. I think he will have a clinic on the feet. Also Daukaus gassed bad in his last fight, He was doing well against Hawes, So can Kyle even wresle him for 3 rounds?

Price vs. Oliveira
Niko Price, SUB, R2
Should be a scrap for how long it last, I think Niko is doing better recently so I pick him. This should be fight of the night, This fight is making me horny

Cirkunov vs. Jotko
Misha Cirkunov, SUB, R1
I don't know about this fight, Cirkunov dropping to 185lb is a problem because of his chin, And cutting an extra 20lb ain't good for that, But on the other hand. The last person Jotko finished was Tamdon Mccrory back in mid 2016, And one thing you can say about Volken Ostimer, Glover Texuria, Ryan Span and Johnny Walker, The people who slept Cirkunov is that they hit hard. I think I lean Cirkunov to sub him,

Ladd vs. Chiasson
Aspen Ladd, TKO, R3
Rather confident in Ladd, I think Chiasson is not great, In her last fight, She went to a close decsion with a 44 year old Marion Renue, And she look bad. And in the only other fight she fought anyone decent she got **** up by Lina Lansbergs.Sarah Moras also gave Macy Trouble. Aspen is a good WMMA fighter, Beside her Germaine De Radame fight, She been ******* up girl who are good, Ladd going to finish this girl on the ground. Mark my words.

Hernandez vs. Breeden
Alexander Hernandez, TKO, R1
Hernandez should sleep him

Solecki vs. Gordon
Joe Solecki, SUB, R1
I take Solecki as I think he being the bigger man in a graplling fight be the advantage. Also he the better grappler anyways

Shevchenko vs. O'Neill
Casey O'Neill, DEC
I think Shevshenko can't grapple and O'neill grappling is great and mean, I like this fight for O'Neil. She also from the Gold Coast, So let go Casey

Rosa vs. Correia
Karol Rosa, DEC
Rosa should just ******** volume Bethe to a decsion.

Mullarkey vs. Smith
Jamie Mullarkey, DEC
Devonte win are from people he suppose to KO. All of them are chinny. I have faith in Mullarkey taking a punch and just grinding him or Knocking him out., Kharma worty sleept Devonte and guess who slept Kharma. Doesn't take a PHD degree in MMA math to tell you who will win this fight

Andrade vs. Pirrello
Douglas Andrade, DEC
Douglas Andrade is really solid Batamweight, I don't know who better then Ricky SImon and Andrade. And Simon Destoyed Pirello. So Andrade should win this

Young vs. Egger
Stephanie Egger, DEC
Don't care

Perez vs. Eduardo
Alejandro Perez, TKO, R3
Johnny Eduardo only win since the flukey win over Eddy Wineland 7 and a half years ago, Was shot Manny Gamburyan. Perez is not the best bantamweight in the world, But a solid batamweight. I'm surprise Perez is only a -225 favourite, I was especting -400 or more Also Johnny Eduardo is 41 year old battamweight

"Quack quack quack"

MMAFORTUNETELLER
MMAFORTUNETELLER
  • Predictions:  32  |  56.3%
  • Forum Posts:  165
  • Post Score: -526

09.29.2021 | 6:57 PM ET

Good luck boys!

This user is suspended from posting until 1 month, 1 day, 7 hours, and 49 minutes from now.
MMAFORTUNETELLER
MMAFORTUNETELLER
  • Predictions:  32  |  56.3%
  • Forum Posts:  165
  • Post Score: -526

09.29.2021 | 6:58 PM ET

Joe is for real!!!

This user is suspended from posting until 1 month, 1 day, 7 hours, and 49 minutes from now.
CertifiedBankBusta
CertifiedBankBusta
  • Predictions:  380  |  57.6%
  • Forum Posts:  80
  • Post Score: -4

09.29.2021 | 11:55 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 375 Points   |   Tied for 2385th

Santos vs. Walker
Johnny Walker, TKO, R2
Santos is better technically. Johnny has glass jaw, but he's upredictable and can catch santos with something big.

Holland vs. Daukaus
Kevin Holland, TKO, R2
Looks like daukaus is a good grappler, but how goos is his takedowns? Holland here, just because he has better striking.

Price vs. Oliveira
Niko Price, DEC
Niko by decision, Alex wont be able to submit Price.

Cirkunov vs. Jotko
Krzysztof Jotko, DEC
Jotko just because he's younger.

Ladd vs. Chiasson
Aspen Ladd, DEC
Ladd by decision or stoppage. Chiasson is not bad, but Ladd will outpower her.

Hernandez vs. Breeden
Alexander Hernandez, DEC
Dont know much about other guy. He's record is not that impressive, so i pick Hernandez here.

Solecki vs. Gordon
Joe Solecki, DEC
Tough one. Probably Solecki wins.

Shevchenko vs. O'Neill
Antonina Shevchenko
Veteran vs young prospect. O'Neil's record looks good. But havent seen her fights. I think Shevchenkonwins this one.

Rosa vs. Correia
Karol Rosa, DEC
Rosa wins, I think she's slightly better.

Mullarkey vs. Smith
Devonte Smith, DEC
Smith wins, dont know why.

Andrade vs. Pirrello
Douglas Andrade, DEC
Dont know neither of these guys.

Young vs. Egger
Shanna Young, DEC
Probably another low level female fight. I will pick Young here.

Perez vs. Eduardo
Alejandro Perez, DEC
Eduardo wins

Baz
Baz
  • Predictions:  461  |  69.0%
  • Forum Posts:  226
  • Post Score: 191

09.30.2021 | 1:15 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 8 Winners, 2 Perfect, 300 Points   |   Tied for 2846th

Mullarkey vs. Smith
Devonte Smith, TKO, R1
I still cannot understand how it was possible to lose to such a weak fighter as Fares Ziam

MadMan98
MadMan98
  • Predictions:  180  |  74.4%
  • Forum Posts:  49
  • Post Score: -14

09.30.2021 | 4:54 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 9 Winners, 3 Perfect, 465 Points   |   Tied for 1383rd

Price vs. Oliveira
Niko Price, DEC
price solid fighter here, both comes from 2 losses but price losses are with good fighter, i think he will win for unanimous dec like 30-27 or 29-28

Solecki vs. Gordon
Joe Solecki, DEC
solecki seems the solid fighter here

"i don't define myself as a trashtalker but like as a truthtalker"

Bjhurst3
Bjhurst3
  • Predictions:  23  |  65.2%
  • Forum Posts:  3
  • Post Score: 133

09.30.2021 | 5:54 AM ET

Santo for the dub

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 505 Points   |   Tied for 807th

Hard work! 

"You don’t need luck, when you prepare! "

Dankmemes112
Dankmemes112
  • Predictions:  1,079  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  245
  • Post Score: 294

09.30.2021 | 8:02 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 480 Points   |   Tied for 1096th

Shevchenko vs. O'Neill
Casey O'Neill, SUB, R2
Really do rate O'Neill, big chance to get a solid win here, Antonina is okay, she's very good on the feet but if you can get inside her defence lacks and with O'Neill's forward pressure I think Antonina will struggle. O'Neill should look for trips too because once it hits the ground I think Antonina gets dominated from there, O'Neill is a very is a very solid grappler who looks for submissions and ground and pound so because of that I actually think O'Neill gets the finish

ModestMan
ModestMan
  • Predictions:  543  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,870
  • Post Score: 116

09.30.2021 | 9:06 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 2 of 3 Winners, 1 Perfect, 150 Points   |   Tied for 3169th

Santos vs. Walker
Thiago Santos, TKO, R1
Santos outpointed Rakic by a small amount in their fight but Rakic controlled the pace. No way Walker wins here unless something wild happens

"WMMA = 50/50 no matter the odds"

RichOsama
RichOsama
  • Predictions:  1,793  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,190
  • Post Score: 47

09.30.2021 | 9:50 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Perez vs. Eduardo
Alejandro Perez, DEC
Daukaus is beautiful underdog money. Casey is a lock. Andrade is a lock. Devonte is a lock. Good luck boys

Thewelshguy1998
Thewelshguy1998
  • Predictions:  604  |  58.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,054
  • Post Score: 242

09.30.2021 | 11:05 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 470 Points   |   Tied for 1281st

Johnny walker will shock win and then people will be saying that this is the end of thiago Santos 

Page 7

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : ‘MMA Media Hates Me,’ Ronda Rousey Reacts To Career Backlash & ‘How Happily Everybody Turned’ On UFC Star
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: It PAYS To Be King
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Reveals His ‘Crazy’ Behavior Was a Publicity Stunt Planned Months in Advance
  • MMA Mania : ‘99.9%’ Chance Edwards Vs. Muhammad 2 Happens At UFC 304
  • MMA Junkie : The 10 largest UFC attendances in history
  • MMA Mania : ‘MMA Media Hates Me, It’s Fine’
  • Middle Easy : Jiri Prochazka Doubles Down On Callout For Alex Pereira Rematch At UFC 301: ‘I Think I Deserve It’
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Goes Off On Logan Paul For Child Trafficking Comments, Claims He Will ‘Destroy’ Paul In Boxing Match
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway's coach breaks down matchup against 'oversized bantamweight' Ilia Topuria
  • MMAFighting.com : Lyoto Machida ‘already breathing fire’ after Luke Rockhold callout, interested in Karate Combat rematch
  • MMA Mania : ‘It’s Crazy That Something Like This Is Happening At This Level’
  • MMA Junkie : Islam Makhachev's coach: 'Biggest threat' Justin Gaethje no longer in UFC title picture
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Whoever wants to fight Ryan, he feels comfortable at 144’: De La Hoya talks next steps for Garcia
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Whoever wants to fight Ryan, he feels comfortable at 144’: Oscar De La Hoya talks next steps for Ryan Garcia
  • MMA Mania : Double Champ Islam Next? ‘I Already Beat All These Guys’
  • MMAFighting.com : Justin Gaethje: It’ll be ‘6 months, at least, before I get back to taking shots’ after UFC 300 loss
  • MMA Junkie : Manon Fiorot open to Maycee Barber fight – but only if interim UFC flyweight title at stake
  • MMA Junkie : Arman Tsarukyan fires back at Michael Chandler: 'You are just waiting for a paycheck'
  • MMAFighting.com : Islam Makhachev not interested in Max Holloway matchup: ‘Maybe if he wins his next fight’
  • Bad Left Hook : PODCAST: How much credit does Ryan Garcia deserve for beating Devin Haney?