Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Smith vs. Spann

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  32,815
  • Post Score: 47

05.17.2021 | 1:17 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
  • Saturday 09.18.2021 at 04:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN+
  • Name: UFC Fight Night: Smith vs. Spann
  • Also Known As: UFC Vegas 37
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: UFC APEX
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Brendan Fitzgerald, Michael Bisping
  • Ring Announcer: Joe Martinez
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Michael Bisping
  • MMA Bouts: 14
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Anthony Smith   defeats   Ryan Spann   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   3:47 Round 1 of 5 Bout Page
Ion Cutelaba   defeats   Devin Clark   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Ariane Lipski   defeats   Mandy Böhm   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Arman Tsarukyan   defeats   Christos Giagos   via KO/TKO, Left Hook to Ground Strikes   2:09 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Nate Maness   defeats   Tony Gravely   via KO/TKO, Counter Hook to Ground Strikes   2:10 Round 2 of 3, 7:10 Total Bout Page
Joaquin Buckley   defeats   Antônio Arroyo   via KO/TKO, Right Hook to Ground Strikes   2:26 Round 3 of 3, 12:26 Total Bout Page
Tafon Nchukwi   defeats   Mike Rodriguez   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Raquel Pennington   defeats   Pannie Kianzad   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Rongzhu   defeats   Brandon Jenkins   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   4:35 Round 3 of 3, 14:35 Total Bout Page
Montel Jackson   defeats   JP Buys   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Erin Blanchfield   defeats   Sarah Alpar   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Carlston Harris   defeats   Impa Kasanganay   via KO/TKO, Hooks to Ground Strikes   2:38 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Gustavo Lopez   vs.   Alatengheili Alateng   Ends in a Draw, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Hannah Goldy   defeats   Emily Whitmire   via Submission, Armbar   4:17 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page

Responses Page 4

NgannouPunch
NgannouPunch
  • Predictions:  436  |  58.5%
  • Forum Posts:  978
  • Post Score: 224

09.11.2021 | 2:57 PM ET

Anthony Smith is not losing to Ryan Spann.

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick
  • Predictions:  9,727  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,777
  • Post Score: 273

09.11.2021 | 3:24 PM ET

Predictions: 0 of 1 Winners, 0 Perfect, 0 Points   |   Tied for 3292nd

Then make the pick, homie

"For no particular reason beat up everyone"

Roaring2020
Roaring2020
  • Predictions:  1,056  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  37
  • Post Score: 162

09.12.2021 | 1:44 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 12 of 14 Winners, 2 Perfect, 695 Points   |   Tied for 56th

Motta vs. VanCamp
Cameron VanCamp, SUB, R3
Total Guess. Shot in the dark.. Will likely change as i get more tape in

Böhm vs. Lipski
Ariane Lipski, TKO, R1
Lipski has to win this or she is out of the UFC. If Lipski stays off the ground, she will KO this chick. Lipski has been rag dolled, over and over again. Will this be another one of this times.. Could be a close fight...

Giagos vs. Tsarukyan
Arman Tsarukyan, DEC
Enter No tape watched.. Montel is big favorite with much longer reach

Buckley vs. Arroyo
Joaquin Buckley, TKO, R1
Buckley should rip this guy apart. Arroyo is terrible and needs to be out of the UFC.

Kianzad vs. Pennington
Raquel Pennington, DEC
Pannie barely won her last fight and didnt kickbox the way i thought she would. She should have cruised through old Lauren Murphy, but instead it was soooo close. Pennington will be a younger bulldog and take the fight to Pannie. The pressure will be too much and Pennington will win the clinch, takedown, and control game. IG shows Pannie working on wrestling, so we'll see. If she adds that element that she is someone to watch out for in the division.

Maness vs. Gravely
Nate Maness, SUB, R3
Underdog Pick - Maness has some sneaky good takedown and submission ability. He is lanky and contorting. If he can stay away from getting knocked out and get this fight down to the ground, he will have a chance at a submission

Bush vs. Rong
Zhu Rong, DEC
Lock Pick - Rong has more experience and should be better at every aspect of the game. Look for Rong to take this fight to the ground and control Bush for a majority of the fight. This one wont be close. Dakota bush looks like a puppy on crack. Hes going to gas after the first round just like he did against Hubbard.

Jackson vs. Buys
Montel Jackson, TKO, R1
Enter No tape watched.. Montel is big favorite with much longer reach

Blanchfield vs. Alpar
Erin Blanchfield, DEC
No tape watched.. Blanchfield is big favorite

Kasanganay vs. Harris
Carlston Harris, SUB, R1
Harris should be able to clinch and ground Impa. Impa hasnt had any wrestling or BJJ exposure. Carlston can strike but he is just really good at the Judo/Sambo takedowns. Carlston fades in the 3rd round, but I dont see him getting knocked out here. Impas ONLY path to victory is a KO.

Lopez vs. Alateng
Gustavo Lopez, TKO, R1
Gustavo was able to hand with Yanez. There were points in that fight where i thought he could win. Lopez will come in here and starch this guy.

Whitmire vs. Goldy
Hannah Goldy, TKO, R3
Lock Pick - Whitmire usually fights at 115. She wont be able to take Goldy down. Goldy wins the clinch battles and lands the harder shots. Goldy will keep going like the energizer bunny and whitmire will slow down to get KO'd in the 3rd.

Lois Waterford
Lois Waterford
  • Predictions:  370  |  58.1%
  • Forum Posts:  11
  • Post Score: 227

09.12.2021 | 9:53 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 11 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 670 Points   |   Tied for 124th

Smith vs. Spann
Anthony Smith, SUB, R3
I'm a fan of both these guys but unless Spann gets a quick KO (which is very possible), I don't see how he can win this fight. I believe that Smith will eventually gas him out and use his grappling advantage in order to get the win.

Cutelaba vs. Clark
Ion Cutelaba, TKO, R2
When I look at this fight, I can only imagine that both of these guys are gonna stand and bang until one of them falls, making it my prediction for "Fight Of The Night". I do see Cuțelaba getting the W cause he'll likely have the power advantage.

Motta vs. VanCamp
Nikolas Motta, DEC
VanCamp has an excellent ground game and a nice chance to lock a submission and win this fight. However, he'll be facing a very well rounded opponent on short notice call. Motta is a very agressive fighter and he'll likely give Cameron a tough welcome to the UFC.

Böhm vs. Lipski
Ariane Lipski, DEC
Should be a very close fight and I'm siding with Lipski on this one cause she's a great striker and she'll be significantly more experienced than Böhm who despite being undefeated, hasn't faced very good competition. However, Ariane's wrestling defense leaves a lot of doubts and Mandy could use that to win this fight.

Giagos vs. Tsarukyan
Arman Tsarukyan, DEC
For this one, I'm expecting a very dominant performance from Tsakrukyan. Not saying that Giagos doesn't have a chance, but despite being very talented, I think he'll have some troubles dealing with wrestling skills from Arman who will be very prepared to take this fight to the ground.

Buckley vs. Arroyo
Joaquin Buckley, TKO, R2
Despite coming from a KO loss, Buckley's hands are no joke and this is a fighter that isn't afraid of pushing foward. This kinda style will give Arroyo a lot of struggles if he leaves his chin up. I do see Antônio trying to take this fight to the ground during the 1st round but he'll eventually gas out as his cardios leaves a lot of doubts.

Nchukwi vs. Rodriguez
Mike Rodriguez, DEC
Rodriguez will have a very decent size advantage over Nchukwi and he'll also be the more experienced fighter. Should be a close fight, but I'm expecting a solid performance from the underdog here.

Kianzad vs. Pennington
Raquel Pennington, DEC
Kianzad may be on a 4 fight win streak but she also hasn't looked particularly impressive in any of those wins. Pennington has been around for longer and she should be able to outwrestle the Swedish fighter and manage to get a decision win.

Maness vs. Gravely
Nate Maness, SUB, R3
Gravely is a very agressive fighter, which could put Maness in danger. However, I think Nate will be well prepared for Tony's style if he uses his size advantage and if he explores the wholes on his opponent's ground game.

Bush vs. Rong
Zhu Rong, DEC
I have to admit I was a little disappointed in Rong's debut but I'm hoping he'll now know what to do in order to get the W. I see him being a bit busier that Bush during the fight and that should get him the judges approval.

Jackson vs. Buys
Montel Jackson, TKO, R2
JP Buys is coming into this fight up a weight class, heavily undersized and on a short notice against Jackson who has some slick hands. Respect to Buys but I'll be surprised if he can pull a W here or even survive for 3 rounds.

Blanchfield vs. Alpar
Erin Blanchfield, DEC
Both of these ladies hold some nice victories over very good names. However, I see Blanchfield being the younger and hungrier fighter and overall better well rounded than Alpar, so it's likely she'll win this fight comfortably.

Kasanganay vs. Harris
Carlston Harris, SUB, R1
Harris has an outsanding jiu jitsu game, if he plays smart and takes this fight to the ground, he could quickly tap out Kasanganay IMO.

Lopez vs. Alateng
Heili Alateng, DEC
Should be a very close fight but I just think that Alateng will do enough in order to get a split decision victory in the eyes of the judges.

Whitmire vs. Goldy
Emily Whitmire, DEC
I just haven't been impressed with Goldy's performances in the UFC and I think it's a bad idea for her to take a fight on short notice. Whitmire's record may be salty but at least she faced pretty decent competition.

Kid_Quick
Kid_Quick
  • Predictions:  2,674  |  56.7%
  • Forum Posts:  20
  • Post Score: -10

09.12.2021 | 12:14 PM ET

Giagos vs Tsukarian

Predictions: 6 of 14 Winners, 2 Perfect, 365 Points   |   Tied for 2791st

TSUKARIAN BY DECISION

Giagos is about to get bounced out of the UFC.

"If he dies, he dies..."

Jmac22inf
Jmac22inf
  • Predictions:  2  |  50.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 200

09.12.2021 | 12:31 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 1 of 2 Winners, 0 Perfect, 50 Points   |   Tied for 3239th

Smith vs. Spann
Anthony Smith, TKO, R2
I think people need to quit underestimating LIONHEART! I believe he will get the job done, KO/TKO, 2ND ROUND!

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick
  • Predictions:  9,727  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,777
  • Post Score: 273

09.12.2021 | 1:46 PM ET

Predictions: 0 of 1 Winners, 0 Perfect, 0 Points   |   Tied for 3292nd

Almost everyone here is picking Smith, sir. 

"For no particular reason beat up everyone"

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,126  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,131
  • Post Score: 333

09.12.2021 | 1:54 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 14 Winners, 2 Perfect, 465 Points   |   Tied for 2104th

I am picking Smith! All day!

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

Tieoken
Tieoken
  • Predictions:  1,977  |  59.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,620
  • Post Score: 313

09.12.2021 | 3:48 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 490 Points   |   Tied for 1879th

That fact is making me even more nervous. Cause I thought I was going to be on the fringe picking him just cause he’s a teammate. The logical part of my brain actually edges this fight for Spann… now since the fans are backing Smith it’s like a double curse.

"I’m here to snatch necks and cash checks" - Darrick Minner

ThereIsNoSpoon101
ThereIsNoSpoon101
  • Predictions:  480  |  64.8%
  • Forum Posts:  93
  • Post Score: 74

09.13.2021 | 12:57 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 8 Winners, 1 Perfect, 355 Points   |   Tied for 2813th

I think if they fight 5 years ago, Smith takes this in a grind. 
Today Spann v 5yrs ago Smith is a pickem.
Today Spann v today Smith...... yikes for Smith I think. 
Cassadina
Cassadina
  • Predictions:  4,168  |  59.2%
  • Forum Posts:  99
  • Post Score: 247

09.13.2021 | 3:05 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 14 Winners, 2 Perfect, 480 Points   |   Tied for 1957th

Smith vs. Spann
Ryan Spann, TKO, R2
I really don't like Spann but I think Smith is on his way out, altho he just keeps getting main events against mediocre opponents.

"Shut Up"-Weili Zhang

HiDefff
HiDefff

09.13.2021 | 8:23 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 14 Winners, 1 Perfect, 390 Points   |   Tied for 2664th

the home invader took him to a decision. don't over think it. 
Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,126  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,131
  • Post Score: 333

09.13.2021 | 9:36 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 14 Winners, 2 Perfect, 465 Points   |   Tied for 2104th

@Hideff that home invader was apparently a very successful wrestler while on drugs. Talk about a bad nightmare situation!

* Edited at 09.13.2021, 9:37 AM ET *

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

HiDefff
HiDefff

09.13.2021 | 9:48 AM ET

Remember when Jon Jones tweeted during the Glover beat down. "You're lucky Glover didn't want your TV" 

and deleted it minutes later 
ModestMan
ModestMan
  • Predictions:  543  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,870
  • Post Score: 116

09.13.2021 | 10:58 AM ET

Predictions: 4 of 6 Winners, 1 Perfect, 240 Points   |   Tied for 3050th

Spann would be on a 10 fight winning streak if it wasn't for Walker beating him via 10+ strikes clearly to the back of Spann's head

"WMMA = 50/50 no matter the odds"

ModestMan
ModestMan

09.13.2021 | 11:00 AM ET

Miragliotta had to been told to give Walker the favoritism in that matchup, he literally stood right there and watched Spann take hammer fists to the back of his head

HiDefff
HiDefff

09.13.2021 | 11:13 AM ET

Spann would be on a 10 fight winning streak if he didn't pull the age old " I rocked him so lemme shoot for this takedown" strategy 

The ones were you hear DC & Bisping screaming no no no dont go for the takedown. 

* Edited at 09.13.2021, 11:14 AM ET *

Erison
Erison
  • Predictions:  1,677  |  65.4%
  • Forum Posts:  4,896
  • Post Score: 227

09.13.2021 | 11:45 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 545 Points   |   Tied for 1128th

Gravely is a two to one favorite, and most on here are picking Maness. We need an Oddsbot for Tapology majority win %. How good are Tap voters when they pick underdogs by majority?
MMAFORTUNETELLER
MMAFORTUNETELLER
  • Predictions:  32  |  56.3%
  • Forum Posts:  165
  • Post Score: -526

09.13.2021 | 11:49 AM ET

GOOD LUCK BOYS!!!!

This user is suspended from posting until 1 month, 6 days, 4 hours, and 51 minutes from now.
ModestMan
ModestMan

09.13.2021 | 12:21 PM ET

True but Miragliotta was so obvious to those back of the head strikes, he didn't one time say "watch the back of the head" or anything. But on another note the only thing I don't like about Spann is he likes to trade punches and leaves himself open to get hit a lot

Page 4

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : ADXC 4: Ffion Davies And Morgan Black Face Each Other In The Grappling Co-Main Event
  • Jits Magazine : Stacked Tournaments Confirmed For Midwest Finishers 18
  • MMAFighting.com : PFL 3 Results: Koreshkov vs. Umalatov
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: ‘I Decide Who, When, And Where’
  • MMA Mania : Muhammad Goes Off On Edwards And ‘Fakest Team I’ve Ever Seen’
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Garcia has skill set to compete with Devin Haney. Does he have mindset?
  • MMAFighting.com : Max Holloway mocks Ilia Topuria’s demands for potential fight; Topuria responds
  • MMA Junkie : Henry Cejudo: Bo Nickal needs to hold his horses, 'maybe 10 fights away from possibly becoming UFC champion'
  • MMA Mania : Frenemies? ‘I Hate To See A Fighter Lose His Confidence’
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 3 weigh-in results: Welterweights, featherweights set in Chicago
  • MMA Mania : ‘When I Was Your Age, I Already Had Title Defenses, Buddy’
  • MMAFighting.com : Haney vs. Garcia fight card
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Belal Muhammad Claims He ‘Hates Leon Edwards’ Guts,’ Hopes To Dethrone The Welterweight King In Manchester
  • Middle Easy : Jorge Masvidal Says He’s ‘Definitely’ Returning To UFC, Wants Logan Paul Or Floyd Mayweather Jr In Boxing After Nate Diaz
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Suggests Herb Dean Played a Part in Jamahal Hill’s UFC 300 Loss, ‘Big’ John McCarthy Responds
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway responds to the 'un-BMF' demands from UFC champ Ilia Topuria
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Eddie Hearn says things about to get real for Ryan Garcia
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Hearn says things about to get real for Garcia
  • MMA Mania : PFL Chicago Weigh Ins Results, Staredowns!
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Relive every win of Conor McGregor’s epic UFC career