Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Cannonier vs. Gastelum

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  32,793
  • Post Score: 47

05.08.2021 | 12:32 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
  • Saturday 08.21.2021 at 07:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN | Prelims: ESPN+
  • Name: UFC Fight Night: Cannonier vs. Gastelum
  • Also Known As: UFC Vegas 34
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: UFC APEX
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Paul Felder, Daniel Cormier
  • Ring Announcer: Joe Martinez
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Daniel Cormier
  • TV Ratings: 743,000 avg. viewers (508k ESPN2 prelims)
  • MMA Bouts: 12
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Jared Cannonier   defeats   Kelvin Gastelum   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Mark Madsen   defeats   Clay Guida   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Parker Porter   defeats   Chase Sherman   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Saidyokub Kakhramonov   defeats   Trevin Jones   via Submission, Guillotine Choke   4:39 Round 3 of 3, 14:39 Total Bout Page
Vinc Pichel   defeats   Austin Hubbard   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Alexandre Pantoja   defeats   Brandon Royval   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   1:46 Round 2 of 3, 6:46 Total Bout Page
Austin Lingo   defeats   Luis Saldaña   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Brian Kelleher   defeats   Domingo Pilarte   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Josiane Nunes   defeats   Bea Malecki   via KO/TKO, Overhand Left   4:54 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
William Knight   defeats   Fabio Cherant   via KO/TKO, Counter Left Hook   3:58 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Ignacio Bahamondes   defeats   Roosevelt Roberts   via KO/TKO, Wheel Kick   4:55 Round 3 of 3, 14:55 Total Bout Page
Ramiz Brahimaj   defeats   Sasha Palatnikov   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   2:33 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page

Responses Page 9

PlusmoneyGod
PlusmoneyGod
  • Predictions:  576  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  764
  • Post Score: -48

08.18.2021 | 12:39 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 475 Points   |   Tied for 507th

DCpredictions Idk what fights you saw haha, drop the link. Every fight I see, she is swinging like a maniac until she gets the finish. I think I seen her get clinched on the cage in one video, but think about it she's Brazilian, she's fought a lot of women regionally who have good grappling skills more than likely. I wouldn't judge her too much for that

"You people need a bad guy like me.... say good night to the bad guy ~Scarface "

Dankmemes112
Dankmemes112
  • Predictions:  1,079  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  245
  • Post Score: 294

08.18.2021 | 6:18 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 590 Points   |   Tied for 51st

Kelleher vs. Pilarte
Brian Kelleher, TKO, R1
Pilarte is so long for this weight class and has like a 10 inch reach advantage over Kelleher. But, being that long means it's harder to move your head of the centre line and Pilarte doesn't really do this. He's got some very very good kicks and can cause Brian some problems with this but I do think Brian can get on the inside and land a big right hand or a left hook. Kelleher is one of the hardest hitting guys in the division and since Pilarte doesn't move his head that much, I think he can get caught off by the timing Kelleher has with his power

DelinquentMMA
DelinquentMMA
  • Predictions:  2,141  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  278
  • Post Score: 229

08.18.2021 | 7:47 AM ET

Prediction link

Predictions: 4 of 8 Winners, 2 Perfect, 275 Points   |   Tied for 2873rd

"Delinquent MMA"

Dankmemes112
Dankmemes112
  • Predictions:  1,079  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  245
  • Post Score: 294

08.18.2021 | 10:19 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 590 Points   |   Tied for 51st

Saldaña vs. Lingo
Austin Lingo, TKO, R2
This fight is gonna be a good one, going with Lingo because he does such a good job at cutting the octagon and controlling it, we've seen Saldana struggle with forward pressure in his previous fight and he's nowhere near effective fighting off the back foot than when he's in the centre. Lingo has a very very good right hand which he sets up really well and I think he can find a home with it because Saldana keeps his hands quite low. Saldana needs to work the calf kicks early to stop Lingo from controlling the octagon but I think Lingo starts fast and it'll limit the kicking game of Saldana

MMAFORTUNETELLER
MMAFORTUNETELLER
  • Predictions:  32  |  56.3%
  • Forum Posts:  165
  • Post Score: -526

08.18.2021 | 11:16 AM ET

DONT BE FOOLED BY THE IMPOSTERS POSTING THEIR VIDEOS LIKE ME. THERE IS ONLY ONE MMAFORTUNETELLER!!!

This user is suspended from posting until 1 month, 1 week, 4 hours, and 41 minutes from now.
Lois Waterford
Lois Waterford
  • Predictions:  370  |  58.1%
  • Forum Posts:  11
  • Post Score: 227

08.18.2021 | 11:54 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 4 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 250 Points   |   Tied for 3018th

Cannonier vs. Gastelum
Kelvin Gastelum, DEC
This is not a confident pick as I believe this'll be an insanely close fight. Cannonier has the size and power advantage but Gastelum is significantly younger and more experienced, so I think he can manage to win a split decision win here. I predict this to be "Fight Of The Night ".

Guida vs. Madsen
Mark O. Madsen, DEC
Guida is a very tough and experienced veteran but I don't know if he has what it takes to stop the Olympic silver medalist. IMO, Madsen will wrestle him during 3 rounds in order to get a dominant decision win.

Sherman vs. Porter
Chase Sherman, TKO, R1
I believe that this fight will show Sherman's potential as he's gonna have the size and age advantage. He also has heavy hands and IMO Porter will have troubles eating his shots.

Jones vs. Kakhramonov
Trevin Jones, TKO, R3
Jones is a very agressive fighter and he's also well rounded and always prepared to take the fight anywhere, he will be a very tough debut to Kakhramonov who is not as experienced as him.

Pichel vs. Hubbard
Vinc Pichel, DEC
Very very close fight will most likely take place on the feet where I think Pichel will know what to do in order to get the judges approval.

Pantoja vs. Royval
Brandon Royval, SUB, R2
Both of these guys are incredible flyweights and they only lost to elite competition. I'm gonna go with the underdog on this one cause he's gonna be much bigger and he'll eventually be able to lock a submission here.

Saldaña vs. Lingo
Luis Saldaña, TKO, R2
Saldaña has looked very good lately and I expect him to keep his win streak going. Both of these guys will probably stand and bang until one of them falls down.

Kelleher vs. Pilarte
Brian Kelleher, TKO, R1
Pilarte is very long for this division but that also means he probably cuts a lot of weight which gives me doubts about how much damage can his chin take. Even though Kelleher is gonna be the smaller opponent on this one, I feel that if he can close the distance, he has the power to put Pilarte's lights out.

Malecki vs. Nunes
Bea Malecki, DEC
The size difference on this fight is ridiculously HUGE (looks like David vs. Goliath xD). I feel like Nunes is the faster and more powerful fighter on this one, however, if Malecki uses her reach advantage and stays on the outside, she'll manage to win this fight. These are both strikers so I think we won't see them on the ground.

Knight vs. Cherant
William Knight, DEC
I got Knight on this one but I think it will be a much closer fight than what people are predicting. Willliam does have the striking advantage and if he keeps this on the feet, I do see him getting a decision win here.

Roberts vs. Bahamondes
Roosevelt Roberts, DEC
Very fun and close fight between young prospects and I could see either man winning this fight, however, I feel more confident picking Roberts as he has faced better competition than Bahamondes.

Brahimaj vs. Palatnikov
Sasha Palatnikov, TKO, R3
The way I see this, Palatnikov will most likely fight an agressive fight and that foward pressure will eventually get him a win here.

* Edited at 08.18.2021, 11:56 AM ET *

Pezzie
Pezzie
  • Predictions:  1,054  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  107
  • Post Score: -23

08.18.2021 | 12:22 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 355 Points   |   Tied for 2048th

"never tell me the odds."

Pezzie
Pezzie
  • Predictions:  1,054  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  107
  • Post Score: -23

08.18.2021 | 12:28 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 355 Points   |   Tied for 2048th

Hurt your ears and your feelings as well. Good thing you dont have to listen...

"never tell me the odds."

Shieldxx
Shieldxx
  • Predictions:  368  |  59.0%
  • Forum Posts:  21
  • Post Score: 248

08.18.2021 | 2:17 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 275 Points   |   Tied for 2848th

Knight vs. Cherant
William Knight, DEC
I just don't think Cherant is on UFC level.

Roberts vs. Bahamondes
Roosevelt Roberts, SUB, R1
Bahamondes wasn't impressing in his UFC debut, left a lot of doubt. I thinking Robert's striking will be up to par, and then he will submit Bahamondes in the first round.

Brahimaj vs. Palatnikov
Sasha Palatnikov, DEC
Not sure on this one, but Im going for the dog, he's got great takedown defence, and Brahimaj took a beating last time out there against Max Griffin, nearly got his ear torn off. Meanwhile Palatnikov is fighting every 4 months, which could take a toll at 32 and half years age. Palatnikov via decision

Shieldxx
Shieldxx

08.18.2021 | 2:27 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Malecki vs. Nunes
Bea Malecki, DEC
Malecki is gonna look like a skysc****r against Nunes here, I don't see this fight ending early, so Malecki via decision

DCpredictions
DCpredictions
  • Predictions:  1,644  |  59.4%
  • Forum Posts:  842
  • Post Score: 141

08.18.2021 | 2:31 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 490 Points   |   Tied for 380th

Should be the first ones you see if you Google josiene Nunes full fight. I believe they were on YouTube. 
mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,476  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,786
  • Post Score: 180

08.18.2021 | 2:37 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 505 Points   |   Tied for 290th

Jones vs. Kakhramonov
Trevin Jones, TKO, R2
Hmm 75

Knight vs. Cherant
William Knight, TKO, R3
62 Water Buffalo is one of the better nicknames

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

Shieldxx
Shieldxx

08.18.2021 | 2:40 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Kelleher vs. Pilarte
Brian Kelleher, TKO, R1
Kelleher coming at 35 years old, celebrated his birthday few days ago while cutting weight for this bout, so he must hate his opponent no matter who it is. His grappling and wrestling is better, his striking is also better, he was very very active, took 5 fights in a year! Now he's got full 6 months preparation. On the other side Pilarte is not much active, lost 2 years ago via decision in his UFC debut, and year and half ago he's got his last TKO loss overturned by TDLR because his opponent smoked a bit of weed or something. Pilarte gets hit a lot, he is not UFC level fighter in my opinion. Kelleher TKO, I guess first round.

Shieldxx
Shieldxx

08.18.2021 | 3:23 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Saldaña vs. Lingo
Luis Saldaña
Both guys likes to end their fights early and those usually ends via decision, and for me Saldana is the better fighter here, fights since 2011, fought better competition. Lingo's 8-1 record is very much padded, only 4 of his last opponents got positive records.

Shieldxx
Shieldxx

08.18.2021 | 3:41 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Pantoja vs. Royval
Brandon Royval, DEC
Very close fight which I think is going to the judges to decide. Pantoja looks to slow down a bit in the later rounds, so this one looks like 2-1 split decision for Royval to me. Very interesting, and on the paper very close looking matchup!

Shieldxx
Shieldxx

08.18.2021 | 4:02 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Pichel vs. Hubbard
Vinc Pichel, DEC
Vinc Pichel is 38 and half years old, but look at his instagram he's looking great, and that moustache? Definitely Pichel via moustache decision after he lands those takedowns!

Mazim
Mazim
  • Predictions:  3,274  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  43
  • Post Score: 114

08.18.2021 | 4:27 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 405 Points   |   Tied for 1279th

Kelleher vs. Pilarte
Brian Kelleher, TKO, R2
Excited to see Kelleher fight. He'll find plenty of opportunities to drop a bomb on Pilarte.

Malecki vs. Nunes
Bea Malecki, DEC
Bad News Barbie to win because of her striking and strength in the clinch.

Knight vs. Cherant
Fabio Cherant, DEC
Knight still needs to develop his overall fight game.

Roberts vs. Bahamondes
Ignacio Bahamondes, DEC
Roberts has dangerous submissions but it won't work against a guy who is hard to take down. Fight to go the distance.

Brahimaj vs. Palatnikov
Ramiz Brahimaj, SUB, R2
Brahimaj can hold his own on the feet and can wrestle better than Palatnikov. Won't be long before a submission attempt lands for the finish.

"No guts, no glory."

Shieldxx
Shieldxx

08.18.2021 | 4:36 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Cannonier vs. Gastelum
Jared Cannonier, TKO, R3
Apart from age, on paper everything goes to Cannonier, he looks like he is in his prime, problem is Gastelum has never been KOed. Cannonier looked great in the third round of the Whittaker fight,

Sherman vs. Porter
Chase Sherman, TKO, R1
First or third round KO for Sherman.

HiDefff
HiDefff

08.18.2021 | 4:42 PM ET

Predictions: 4 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 250 Points   |   Tied for 3018th

I keep seeing people say Nunes should be down a weight class and not at 35 here. look at her last 4 fights.  35,35,45,54. hahaha she is going down. I need footage of her at 5'2" 154lbs. probly looked similar to Porker Porter 

* Edited at 08.18.2021, 4:44 PM ET *

Shieldxx
Shieldxx

08.18.2021 | 4:42 PM ET

Not sure tho, maybe Gastelum decision 🤔 This is going to be a very interesting fight, likely FOTN!

Page 9

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : ADXC 4: Espen Mathiesen And Leon Larman Lead The Jiu-Jitsu Main Event In Paris
  • Jits Magazine : Full Lineup Announced For High Rollerz 420 Show 2024
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Who Wins ‘Coked Out’ Garcia Vs. Jones?
  • MMA Mania : Oliveira Thought Tsarukyan ‘Went Out’ In Late Choke Attempt
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Relive all of Conor McGregor's octagon wins in full before UFC 303 return
  • MMA Junkie : Chael Sonnen: Alex Pereira can become MMA GOAT if he wins UFC heavyweight title
  • MMA Mania : ‘Undeserving’ Harrison ‘Ran Away From Pacheco And Cyborg’
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Nate Diaz, Jorge Masvidal face off in front of rowdy Miami crowd
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC heads to Louisville for Fight Night card on June 8
  • Bad Left Hook : Zayas vs Teixeira headlines June 8 ESPN show in New York
  • MMA Junkie : Ben Askren: Jamahal Hill's ego 'put him in harm's way' vs. Alex Pereira at UFC 300
  • MMA Mania : ‘F—k It!’ PFL Steroid Gate Result Of ‘Chance To Gain Financial Stability’
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 303 adds 2 more fights for Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler card
  • UFC.com : Where We Stand: Women's Strawweight Division | April 2024
  • UFC.com : All Of Conor McGregor's UFC Wins
  • MMAFighting.com : Diaz vs. Masvidal Miami press conference video
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch The MMA Hour with Topuria, Chandler, Nickal, Prochazka, De La Hoya in studio, Perry, and Xiaonan now
  • MMA Junkie : Alexander Volkanovski: UFC 300 proved Max Holloway never lost it, has 'always been that good'
  • MMA Mania : Sterling ‘Was Probably Done’ With A Loss At UFC 300
  • MMA Junkie : Video replay: Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal Miami press conference