Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Cannonier vs. Gastelum

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,008
  • Post Score: 47

05.08.2021 | 12:32 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
  • Saturday 08.21.2021 at 07:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN | Prelims: ESPN+
  • Name: UFC Fight Night: Cannonier vs. Gastelum
  • Also Known As: UFC Vegas 34
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: UFC APEX
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Paul Felder, Daniel Cormier
  • Ring Announcer: Joe Martinez
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Daniel Cormier
  • TV Ratings: 743,000 avg. viewers (508k ESPN2 prelims)
  • MMA Bouts: 12
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Jared Cannonier   defeats   Kelvin Gastelum   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Mark Madsen   defeats   Clay Guida   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Parker Porter   defeats   Chase Sherman   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Saidyokub Kakhramonov   defeats   Trevin Jones   via Submission, Guillotine Choke   4:39 Round 3 of 3, 14:39 Total Bout Page
Vinc Pichel   defeats   Austin Hubbard   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Alexandre Pantoja   defeats   Brandon Royval   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   1:46 Round 2 of 3, 6:46 Total Bout Page
Austin Lingo   defeats   Luis Saldaña   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Brian Kelleher   defeats   Domingo Pilarte   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Josiane Nunes   defeats   Bea Malecki   via KO/TKO, Overhand Left   4:54 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
William Knight   defeats   Fabio Cherant   via KO/TKO, Counter Left Hook   3:58 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Ignacio Bahamondes   defeats   Roosevelt Roberts   via KO/TKO, Wheel Kick   4:55 Round 3 of 3, 14:55 Total Bout Page
Ramiz Brahimaj   defeats   Sasha Palatnikov   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   2:33 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page

Responses Page 13

vekkx
vekkx
  • Predictions:  112  |  43.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3
  • Post Score: 367

08.21.2021 | 8:05 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 4 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 275 Points   |   Tied for 2873rd

Cannonier vs. Gastelum
Kelvin Gastelum, TKO, R2
cannonier has historically had problems with fighters that have a good left hand, and gastelum (if he shows up) has all of the tools to win the fight either by tko or decision. if gastelum is in shape and gets going i think it'll be an early night for cannonier. kg is also so durable and it's a very slim chance cannonier gets him out of the octagon by tko or ko

Guida vs. Madsen
Clay Guida, DEC
guida is a legend and a grinder. madsen has a tendency to gas so if he doesn't get guida out round 1 this could be his first loss. guida is past his prime but still no slouch and could def hit the upset through grit and fortitude

Sherman vs. Porter
Chase Sherman, TKO, R2
porter is here to get KO'd barring a lucky shot. sherman was hot for awhile but arvloski put on a clinic against him last fight. it's a good bounceback bout and i'd be surprised if it goes to the third round

Jones vs. Kakhramonov
Trevin Jones, TKO, R1
saidyokub very unproven, jones looked good in his last one. giving him the nod and since kakhramonov has had his light put out before iti's more likely to happen again against a finisher like jones

Pichel vs. Hubbard
Vinc Pichel, DEC
hubbard cannot handle wrestlers

Pantoja vs. Royval
Brandon Royval, SUB, R1
royval is a beast!! my boy always brings the sauce expect him to throw up slick sub after slick sub in a way pantoja has never seen before.

Saldaña vs. Lingo
Luis Saldaña, DEC
hard one to call for sure, but saldana has a solid kicking game and lingo isn't known for his clinching or grappling pressure so stylistically-- this should be an excellent matchup for saldana on paper. lingo did look good in his last one though

Kelleher vs. Pilarte
Brian Kelleher, SUB, R2
kelleher is a solid fighter, and his pressure game is a big test for pilarte. pilarte has been chinny and kelleher has power, im expecting the well rounded game of kelleher to shine through and end the night for domingo

Knight vs. Cherant
Fabio Cherant, DEC
knight is a monster and a freak of nature that is able to use his physical gifts to bruteforce transitions and hit hard(especially with the overhand). he also has a gas tank issues. cherant on paper is the better striker and if he brings his a-game, fights smart, he could take the upset.

Roberts vs. Bahamondes
Ignacio Bahamondes, DEC
roberts got dropped by kevin croom...

Brahimaj vs. Palatnikov
Ramiz Brahimaj, SUB, R1
griffin is a killer, losing to him in your debut isn't a knock on brahimaj, i think his ground game could come in clutch against palatnikov so im taking him

* Edited at 08.21.2021, 8:08 AM ET *

PlusmoneyGod
PlusmoneyGod
  • Predictions:  576  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  764
  • Post Score: -48

08.21.2021 | 8:30 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 475 Points   |   Tied for 507th

33% prediction % hahahaha

"You people need a bad guy like me.... say good night to the bad guy ~Scarface "

BoodyJuice
BoodyJuice
  • Predictions:  228  |  70.2%
  • Forum Posts:  15
  • Post Score: 280

08.21.2021 | 9:58 AM ET

@plusmoneygod

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 495 Points   |   Tied for 374th

Who gives a **** just let them be a part of the community. Half the time you see people with 70% and higher and they’re just choosing the biggest favourites each week. This **** means nothing 

"Juicy juice box juice boy"

Tieoken
Tieoken
  • Predictions:  1,977  |  59.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,620
  • Post Score: 313

08.21.2021 | 10:26 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 400 Points   |   Tied for 1350th

Bruh, @PlusMoneyGod for the new **** talker on the site you’re not very good at talking in general. “33% pick %…” What when you explain to your wife’s boyfriend about how you lost the rent money gambling do you say, “Sorry sir I lost 200 dollars gambling dollars.”

Post your slips man, we’ll see how you do tonight. I’ll post my Bellator slips and tonight’s slips if you do lol.

"I’m here to snatch necks and cash checks" - Darrick Minner

Chris_w_thomson
Chris_w_thomson
  • Predictions:  338  |  58.3%
  • Forum Posts:  61
  • Post Score: 239

08.21.2021 | 10:43 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 475 Points   |   Tied for 489th

So you can enjoy watching MMA......and then there is betting.

I don't understand the need to convince others that you are making money betting (maybe because your not). The only thing that matters at the end of the day is what actually happened and what money is in your account.

Saying you bet fight A but not mentioning the loss in fight B does not make you more profitable or not........you are either consistently winning money or losing money......and most ppl on here are consistently losing money. 

Do you go out bragging every week when you get your paycheque? Prob not........in fact the only ppl who really do that are drug addicts, alcoholics and losers.

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke
  • Predictions:  29,508  |  80.7%
  • Forum Posts:  4,550
  • Post Score: 236

08.21.2021 | 10:48 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 550 Points   |   Tied for 128th

Cannonier vs. Gastelum
Jared Cannonier, TKO, R2
There's a first time for everything, right?

Guida vs. Madsen
Mark O. Madsen, DEC
Madsen's wrestling will barely earn him the first two rounds, Guida will turn up the pressure in the third and almost finish him, Madsen wins a Majority Decision becuase one judge decides the last round was a 10-8, making it a draw on his scorecard.

Jones vs. Kakhramonov
Trevin Jones, TKO, R2
This fight is going to be absolutely bonkers, I can't believe I'm picking against someone who obliterated Askar Askar but the pick is ALWAYS Jones KO round 2, no matter who his opponent is.

Pichel vs. Hubbard
Vinc Pichel, DEC
This is the hardest pick for me on this whole card, both are guys I love to bet on because they get overlooked. I think Pichel's experience and veteran savvy will be enough to earn the win.

Pantoja vs. Royval
Alexandre Pantoja, TKO, R3
Probably value on a small bet on Royval by sub

Saldaña vs. Lingo
Luis Saldaña, DEC
Saldana is such a badass, glad to see him back in action. This guy started out by fighting in an underground local league in the back of a bar when he was 16 with no training, he's literally a natural.

Kelleher vs. Pilarte
Brian Kelleher, TKO, R1
They don't call him Boom for nothin

Malecki vs. Nunes
Bea Malecki, SUB, R1
This will be a total mismatch if it hits the floor

"Throughout my career I've learned that "If you win you're the ****, if you lose it's bad." - Bruno "Blindadao" Silva"

vekkx
vekkx
  • Predictions:  112  |  43.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3
  • Post Score: 367

08.21.2021 | 11:11 AM ET

Predictions: 4 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 275 Points   |   Tied for 2873rd

@plusmoneygod  i have less than half your predictions total and a fair amount of the losses couldve gone either way. When i have as many predictions as you do, my stats will certainly improve. That being said, I commented on the bouts i had thoughts about and you are free to disagree of course; but when you don't add any substance or contribution to the thread it leaves you looking like a parasite or perhaps a mosquito. People notice, people get annoyed, but ultimately they dont care and swat you down when you go for blood. 

maybe it's unfair to call you a mosquito, at least they can generate some 'buzz'. im betting you suck the electricity out of every room you're in
FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke
  • Predictions:  29,508  |  80.7%
  • Forum Posts:  4,550
  • Post Score: 236

08.21.2021 | 11:17 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 550 Points   |   Tied for 128th

Vekkx by brutal ground n pound KO, yeesh

"Throughout my career I've learned that "If you win you're the ****, if you lose it's bad." - Bruno "Blindadao" Silva"

lldowntoearthll
lldowntoearthll
  • Predictions:  3,926  |  60.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,375
  • Post Score: 39

08.21.2021 | 11:25 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 440 Points   |   Tied for 831st

Cannonier vs. Gastelum
Jared Cannonier, DEC
i appreciate kelvin always filling in, but his scale issues have me concerned.

Guida vs. Madsen
Clay Guida, DEC
you know, i thought the uzbekistani guy was gonna be my sole underdog, but again screw it, i'm taking clay. madsen hasn't shown me enough standing to think he'll match guida's pace and i'll say clay can defend/scramble enough to keep it there.

Sherman vs. Porter
Chase Sherman, TKO, R2
slob fest, hopefully a quick one instead of the slowburn staring contest type.

Jones vs. Kakhramonov
Saidyokub Kakhramonov, DEC
screw it, i need an underdog, so i'll go with the uzbekistani.

Pichel vs. Hubbard
Vinc Pichel, DEC
pichel has been tougher than expected, hubbard looks to be another fodder type guy. generic reasoning, i know.

Pantoja vs. Royval
Alexandre Pantoja, DEC
this is the fight i'm most looking forward to on this weak card. unsure royval will have much success on the ground with pantoja and i'm not sure the striking will be in his favor either.

Saldaña vs. Lingo
Luis Saldaña, DEC
no real reason, just feel like lingo is more of a filler fighter.

Kelleher vs. Pilarte
Brian Kelleher, DEC
kelleher has only lost to relevant competition and i'm not sure pilarte's current momentum qualifies, however the size difference is certainly something i'm considering. plus the win over yanez, that has aged well, but i'll let him prove himself.

Malecki vs. Nunes
Bea Malecki, SUB, R2
certainly looks like they're trying to build/pad up bea. nunes is significantly shorter and while she has beaten 3-0 4-0 girls before, those girls were fighting debuting fighters so hard to weight. i'll say ufc knows what they're doing with the size mismatch.

Knight vs. Cherant
William Knight, DEC
i'm just hoping there's action. cherant could certainly win at range, i'm just thinking knight is able to tank in.

Roberts vs. Bahamondes
Roosevelt Roberts, SUB, R2
roosevelt hasn't been ko'd yet and idk enough about baha's gas tank to say he can keep pace for 3 rounds. going sub since roosevelt seems to look for them and baha has been caught and has no subs of his own.

Brahimaj vs. Palatnikov
Ramiz Brahimaj, SUB, R2
sasha coming off a sub loss, i'll take the guy with 100% victories by sub.

Tieoken
Tieoken

08.21.2021 | 11:37 AM ET

I'm just ready for @Fisty to turn into a literal prophet with his Madsen vs Guida prediction.

HiDefff
HiDefff

08.21.2021 | 11:38 AM ET

Predictions: 4 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 250 Points   |   Tied for 3018th

@Erison have you looked into parlaying Overs? 

Hubbard Pichel Over 2.5 and Roberts Bahamondes over 2.5 will get you +135 or so parlayed together. Throw in the Guida over and your cooking. 

Hell throw the Cowboys vs Texans Under in there too. 
Tieoken
Tieoken

08.21.2021 | 11:40 AM ET

My predictions this week are very dog heavy, it feels right but will probably go oh so wrong.

SAShort
SAShort
  • Predictions:  3,921  |  66.9%
  • Forum Posts:  108
  • Post Score: 249

08.21.2021 | 11:50 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 475 Points   |   Tied for 507th

Cannonier vs. Gastelum
Kelvin Gastelum, DEC
I've gone back and forth on this one several times from Cannonier Tko, Gastelum Tko, to a Cannonier UD and now finall!y back to Gastelum UD. It just makes the most sense to me. I really don't see Cannonier wrestling Gastelum. And as far as a finish goes Cannonier doesn't offer much as a submission threat and Gastelum just doesn't get Knocked out. Gastelum wins this with speed, a better gas tank and having an iron clad chin.

PlusmoneyGod
PlusmoneyGod

08.21.2021 | 11:53 AM ET

vekkx HAHAHAHAHAHAHA sure my guy ..... when your predictions catch up to mine. A) you already have as many losses as I have. I guess you don't know how % work. I've never been below 60%, there's level to this.. You went 4/13 on Derrick Lewis card, the easiest card to predict I may have ever seen. All I did was laugh at you for writing paragraphs on why you'll only get 33% of the picks. That's funny to me, sorry if I hurt your cooch, go get some ice champ

"You people need a bad guy like me.... say good night to the bad guy ~Scarface "

PlusmoneyGod
PlusmoneyGod

08.21.2021 | 11:58 AM ET

Tieoken I love when the avenger forum buddies come out the crack of the person's ass I'm talking to just to say something irrelevant. It was painful to even read what you wrote. It wasn't funny nor did it make sense. I'm not gonna waste too much time on a moron. One tip: stop d**keating. It causes affixation which effects brain function 

Amettxpc
Amettxpc
  • Predictions:  12,799  |  73.4%
  • Forum Posts:  2,187
  • Post Score: 192

08.21.2021 | 12:04 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 555 Points   |   Tied for 113th

Pantoja vs. Royval
Alexandre Pantoja, TKO, R2
Pantoja is one of the best fighters in the category, his last 2 defeats are against a top contender like Askar Askarov and against former champion Figueiredo, In addition Pantoja has a 2-0 against Champion Brandon Moreno (the first in a great fight in the TUF and the second in the fight that would lead Moreno to his exit from the UFC in his first run in the promotion). Royval is unpredictable and capable of subduing anyone if he relies too much on scrambles (as Tim Elliot did in Royval's UFC debut). I think Pantoja sees going to work calm like he did against Kape and not rushing out like against Askarov, in this way probably with his boxing he will get a TKO at some point in the second round. (This fight could easily be FOTN).

Kelleher vs. Pilarte
Brian Kelleher, TKO, R1
Pilarte has a considerable advantage in size and reach, but starts out very passive in the first round. Kelleher has a considerable disadvantage in range (25 cm), but since his start in the UFC he has faced some really top opposition like Vera, Barao, Lineker, Stamann and Simon (Pilarte would be an easier match by comparison). Pilarte could try to work from backpack position as he did on his debut, but Kelleher is a very explosive and dangerous fighter in the sense that just as he can get a KO with his hands, he could also subdue him if Pilarte looks for a shoot and ends up in a guillotine.

Knight vs. Cherant
William Knight, TKO, R1
this fight can be very similar on paper to the Brahimaj-Palatnikov and Roberts-Bahamondes matchups. Knight showed a good offense and defense takedown against Camur (a fighter with a good notion of wrestling and who trains with Stipe Miocic), but he looked very bad defending himself from going to the ground against Jung (Seeda is a dangerous fighter, but has never been characterized by being a fighter with a great offense in wrestling). Cherant in his debut was subdued by Menifield when with a Von Flue Choke after attempting a gullotine as defense to a takedown. Knight seems extremely superior in Pie's fight and Cherant is a choke artist who at the highest levels of opposition finds it difficult to bring the fight to the ground. The outcome of this fight will be immensely influenced by how good takedown defense Knight shows tonight. From my point of view I think Knight can catch Cherant with some powerful strike or combination before the takedown attempts or exchanges occur in the scrambles.

Roberts vs. Bahamondes
Ignacio Bahamondes, TKO, R2
Roosevelt Roberts has looked really good in his victories, but at the same time he has looked really bad when he has been defeated: practically he took himself directly to the armbar against Miller and against a smaller Croom he was knocked down and subdued very early in the first round. . Bahamondes did not have the best of debuts, but the first fight in the UFC always tends to cause nervousness or seem a bit limited to many fighters. It is interesting because both usually have a considerable advantage in size against their opponents and in this matchup both when facing each other practically nullify the power to take advantage of the height and reach. On the ground Roberts could surely secure the lock, but standing up Bahamondes has a good chance of getting the TKO. From my point of view Bahamondes has a better chance of catching Roberts before suffering a full mount or back mount.

Brahimaj vs. Palatnikov
Sasha Palatnikov, DEC
Palatnikov has a great striking volume, works the clinch excellently, has a good takedown defense and when he was on the ground against Impa in the first round he did not look so perid (although in the second round he was subdued with the guillotine). Brahimaj is a choke artist, but I think he has a hard time taking the fight to the ground. I think Palatnikov will have an overstruck win over Brahimaj because most of the fight will take place standing.

"Moicano Wants Money!"

Tieoken
Tieoken

08.21.2021 | 12:04 PM ET

@PlusMoney

Smoothest duck I’ve seen since @Damien. You’re out here talking all this **** and getting all sensitive when someone claps back. I get it, you’re too scared to show us how bad you are with actual money. No worries, I’m not trying to bully you. How about you come join the Tapology wagering league and just see how you stack up there instead of running your mouth to everyone with a worse pick percentage than you on every fight forum? Don’t worry it’s fake money so you won’t lose your rent money.

PlusmoneyGod
PlusmoneyGod

08.21.2021 | 12:08 PM ET

Ahhhhhh BootyJuice ... another avenger buddy.... how am I preventing him from being apart of your community? You wanna talk to him privately and be butt buddies, I'm not stopping nor am I stopping you from talking to him here. Whenever I see someone with a terrible record on here writing paragraphs to explain why 67% of his picks will be wrong, I'm going to laugh. Check my resume son, I don't just pick heavy favorites out of low level lgs like Fist&Chokemeifyoureaman. 3 LGs for me, all major LGs. Hard work, and alil knowledge of fighting pays off.
HAHAHA but if you p*%sies wanna keep crying, I heard Kleenex is on sale at CVS this week, enjoy that

* Edited at 08.21.2021, 12:33 PM ET *

PlusmoneyGod
PlusmoneyGod

08.21.2021 | 12:13 PM ET

vekkx btw my substance to the conversation was that anyone with sense should fade a 33%ers picks... . Me laughing at his % should make him wanna get his game up, WHICH STRENGTHENS THE COMMUNITY. That's why it matters Mr. BootyJuice , so you know when people say "the fights I lost could've went either way" and you look at their record and it shows you his picks have been getting finished and haven't been close at all, it makes you go back and reconsider what you're picking and do more research. I'm just here to laugh at people "LeT mE bE aPaRt Of ThE cOmMuNiTy" and get off my d**k 

* Edited at 08.21.2021, 12:39 PM ET *

PlusmoneyGod
PlusmoneyGod

08.21.2021 | 12:18 PM ET

Tieoken who is getting sensitive??? I really can't talk to internet morons like you especially hahaha. You're nothing but an ant under my shoes, something to laugh at before I do last bit of Saturday research. Too many of you people in these forums be bullied children turned to adults and can't take some light hearted banter where all I say is "33% prediction % haha". You and your butt buddies just had to write me some love letters. I'm all here for it. 

* Edited at 08.21.2021, 12:23 PM ET *

Page 13

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : Cieslak vs Chamberlain joins Billam-Smith vs Riakporhe 2 on June 15
  • Bad Left Hook : Michal Cieslak vs Isaac Chamberlain joins Billam-Smith vs Riakporhe 2 on June 15
  • UFC.com : UFC Returns To Louisville For UFC Fight Night On June 8 At KFC Yum! Center
  • MMA Junkie : Tatiana Suarez campaigns for title shot vs. Zhang Weili at UFC 306: 'I get a submission 100 percent'
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302: Makhachev vs. Poirier adds key prospect bout
  • UFC.com : Gabriel Benitez: Still flying the flag
  • MMA Mania : A Special Message For Chinless Scumbags
  • UFC.com : Rhythm Is Gonna Get You: Why Timing Is Everything For Matheus Nicolau
  • MMA Junkie : Tatsuro Taira fills UFC 302 opening, fights Joshua Van
  • MMAFighting.com : Ronda Rousey blasts Joe Rogan, MMA media for turning on her: ‘They’re a bunch of assh*les’
  • Jits Magazine : BJJ Stars 12 Full Preview
  • MMA Junkie : Mike Malott books UFC return after upset loss to Neil Magny
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch BTL live now
  • MMAFighting.com : Donald Cerrone reveals nasty injury preparing to ride Dana White’s Twisted Steel
  • MMA Mania : Once More, With Kicking
  • Bad Left Hook : Adrien Broner vs Blair Cobbs official for June 7, WBC title fight on undercard
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping says he's down for Luke Rockhold trilogy fight – with a condition
  • Middle Easy : Anthony Smith Pitches For Alex Pereira Fight, Says He ‘Would Really Step In The Fire’ With ‘Poatan’
  • Middle Easy : Khabib Nurmagomedov Threatened to ‘Rip Up’ UFC Contract to Get His Friend a Fight
  • MMA Mania : What’s The Holdup?