Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Barboza vs. Chikadze

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  32,810
  • Post Score: 47

05.07.2021 | 5:31 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
  • Saturday 08.28.2021 at 07:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN | Prelims: ESPN+
  • Name: UFC Fight Night: Barboza vs. Chikadze
  • Also Known As: UFC Vegas 35
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: UFC APEX
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Brendan Fitzgerald, Paul Felder, Michael Bisping
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Paul Felder
  • TV Ratings: 657,000 avg. viewers (249k ESPN2 prelims)
  • MMA Bouts: 12
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Giga Chikadze   defeats   Edson Barboza   via KO/TKO, Punches   1:44 Round 3 of 5, 11:44 Total Bout Page
Bryan Battle   defeats   Gilbert Urbina   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   2:15 Round 2 of 3, 7:15 Total Bout Page
Ricky Turcios   defeats   Brady Hiestand   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Daniel Rodriguez   defeats   Kevin Lee   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Andre Petroski   defeats   Micheal Gillmore   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   3:12 Round 3 of 3, 13:12 Total Bout Page
Gerald Meerschaert   defeats   Makhmud Muradov   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   1:49 Round 2 of 3, 6:49 Total Bout Page
Abdul Razak Alhassan   defeats   Alessio Di Chirico   via KO/TKO, Head Kick   0:17 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Wellington Turman   defeats   Sam Alvey   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Dustin Jacoby   defeats   Darren Stewart   via KO/TKO, Punches (standing TKO)   3:04 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
JJ Aldrich   defeats   Vanessa Demopoulos   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Pat Sabatini   defeats   Jamall Emmers   via Submission, Heel Hook   1:53 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Mana Martinez   defeats   Guido Cannetti   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 2

JohnVolcan
JohnVolcan
  • Predictions:  5,334  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  624
  • Post Score: 235

07.08.2021 | 4:47 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 475 Points   |   Tied for 1105th

Barboza vs. Chikadze
Edson Barboza, DEC
Wow, this has FOTY potential, and should at the very least be a fantastic display of striking from both fighters. Both can end the fight via body kick, but I think Barboza is more dangerous overall, with more knockout power in his hands, a more well rounded game (if he's hurt or tired, he can drag the fight to the ground or initiate a clinch) and a little more cardio in the tank after round 2... Tremendous matchup anyway, may the best kickboxer win.

Edwards vs. Fairn
Zarah Fairn, DEC
I know I'm in a minority here, but I really think Zarah Fairn is a beast who just underperformed. Her stand up is really good, and she's strong as hell, she just needs to avoid the ground... I wouldn't bet on it, but I think she can win this.

Di Chirico vs. Khizriev
Aliaskhab Khizriev, DEC
Di Chirico had a strange little buzz a few months ago about losers not being interviewed, and I'm not sure if I agree with him or not but regardless, he's now a little more known figure in the middleweight roster, and I can't wait for his next interview, win or loss, haha !

"Check my ART here if you want : https://www.instagram.com/john.volcan/"

2021.07.08 10:35 AM ET

bout announced

Alex Perez vs. Matt Schnell at 125 lbs (56.7 kg)
KyleH
KyleH
  • Predictions:  10,186  |  71.1%
  • Forum Posts:  6,529
  • Post Score: 196

07.08.2021 | 5:39 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 350 Points   |   Tied for 2599th

I think Perez beats Schnell, Hopefully they make Moreno vs Askarov 2 now. Figgy should move to 135.

"There's 3 things in life that excite me. A woman, of course. Dinosaurs, and the violence of the Octagon" - GSP

Duke76
Duke76
  • Predictions:  2  |  100.0%
  • Forum Posts:  54
  • Post Score: 131

07.10.2021 | 2:34 AM ET

Barboza is 3-5 in his last 8 and yet the oddsmakers have this fight as a coin flip. Not exactly a great endorsement of Giga's skills.
Thewelshguy1998
Thewelshguy1998
  • Predictions:  604  |  58.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,054
  • Post Score: 242

07.10.2021 | 8:54 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 490 Points   |   Tied for 959th

Barboza beat ige he should have got the decision imo 
Erison
Erison
  • Predictions:  1,677  |  65.4%
  • Forum Posts:  4,896
  • Post Score: 227

07.10.2021 | 1:16 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 575 Points   |   Tied for 264th

First defense of the Undisputed Tapology Championship. Couldn't ask for a more interesting matchup.
MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,254  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,483
  • Post Score: 203

07.11.2021 | 5:39 AM ET

Predictions: 0 of 2 Winners, 0 Perfect, 0 Points   |   Tied for 3395th

Decent card here. 

Barboza/Chikadze is just so, so, so good. I love the fight and it has serious FOTY potential. Not because they're gonna brawl like two idiots, but because the technical battle these two could have on the feet has crazy potential. 

Vieira/McMann is not compelling. McMann is shot, hasn't beaten anyone good in like 5-6 years at this point. Viera is definitely the superior fighter, but even the people she's beating are not great. I think Kunitskaya is mediocre personified in the division and the fact that's Viera's last loss? Yikes. Still, would be genuinely surprised to see her lose to 41-year-old Sara McMann.

Meerschaert/Muradov is great. IDK how to call that one at all. Leaning a Muradov knockout because the man is just a rare talent imo and I really appreciate everything he's been doing. But you can't sleep on GM3. I think this is the perfect test for Muradov at this point in his career and a win here could potentially show a lot. 

Sean Brady is, to me, severely overrated. Not because he's not good. But because I don't think he's anywhere near the talent people present him as. I don't think he holds a candle to any of the people Kevin Lee has been losing to - but I also think people overrated the ability of Kevin Lee as well. A coinflip imo. Leaning Lee, but it's never shocking to see him lose when it does happen. 

Sabatani/Emmers is an interesting fight. I think both are pretty high-level featherweights when you take into consideration how little 'hype' they get. They're both very good fighters and I think the matchmaking itself is great. Emmers has more tools imo and should win, but Sabatani surprises me sometimes. 

Tracey Cortez is a serviceable talent who people give too much credit because she's hot. She's nothing spectacular. JJ Aldrich is forgettable as hell, but these are the type of fights she wins and it wouldn't surprise me one bit to see her beat Cortez. 

Di Chirico vs. Khizriev is my favorite fight on this entire card. Khizriev is a fantastic talent and people will realize this soon enough. 13-0, fought a few scrubs along the way, but his last 3 or 4 fights he has shown some shades of brilliance. The thing that worries me is the fact he's had 1 fight in the last 3 or so years, and that's dangerous when you're going up against someone as solid as Alessio Di Chirico. I'm very excited for this one.

Perez/Schnell is also a pretty tremendous fight. There's a lot of talent between those two and that'll be super fun.

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

redsun
redsun
  • Predictions:  58  |  67.2%
  • Forum Posts:  4
  • Post Score: 75

07.11.2021 | 8:21 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 1 of 1 Winners, 0 Perfect, 65 Points   |   Tied for 3325th

Barboza vs. Chikadze
Giga Chikadze, TKO, R2
I believe the 'Giga kick'!!

redsun
redsun
  • Predictions:  58  |  67.2%
  • Forum Posts:  4
  • Post Score: 75

07.11.2021 | 10:32 PM ET

Predictions: 1 of 1 Winners, 0 Perfect, 65 Points   |   Tied for 3325th

I'm looking forward to it!
RonnyB
RonnyB
  • Predictions:  142  |  59.2%
  • Forum Posts:  47
  • Post Score: -30

07.26.2021 | 1:22 PM ET

You couldn't be anymore wrong about Brady. No one outside the top 5 is beating him,  the kid crushes one of those guys ahead of him in the rankings regularly in training,  like rag doll not competive every time (I won't name a name) and he's done the same to a recent former UFC champion. 

The kid will be a champion

Also, there's no chance Emmers has more tools.  Sabatini is the best grappler in the division next to Hall and is a division 1 wrestler with very technical striking. 

* Edited at 07.26.2021, 1:25 PM ET *

MickRaven
MickRaven
  • Predictions:  1,306  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  12
  • Post Score: 175

07.27.2021 | 3:16 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 525 Points   |   Tied for 614th

Barboza vs. Chikadze
Edson Barboza, TKO, R3
Giga it's a very good striker with nasty kicks, but Barboza it's a different animal. I can't say that Chikadze it's the real deal just for beating a pre-retired Cub Swanson, in my opinion, this fight here is the real question if Giga is really ready for the best competition. Anyway, I think Barboza kills this guy hype with a brutal KO.

Vieira vs. McMann
Ketlen Vieira, SUB, R2
All I see is Mcmann getting outsized and submited. She's a grappler for a long time but never know how to make progression on the ground, and every time she tries to fight on her opponents guard she got submited. And I don't think this is going to be different on this one.

Meerschaert vs. Muradov
Makhmud Muradov, TKO, R1
Muradov is a beast, and I don't see Meerschaert (a guy that got knocked out by the overhyped Khamzat in just 16 seconds) not getting knocked out on this one. In other words, Gerald it's real f-cked.

Brady vs. Lee
Sean Brady, SUB, R3
Don't know how Kevin Lee fits on this one, but he's getting guillotined again, for sure.

Cortez vs. Aldrich
Tracy Cortez, DEC
That's a good one, and it's looks like that will be a split decision.

Di Chirico vs. Khizriev
Aliaskhab Khizriev, DEC
Only great did by Alessio is knocking Buckley's bum ass out, he's getting overwhelmed on this one for sure.

Jacoby vs. Stewart
Dustin Jacoby, DEC
It's interesting how UFC is letting fighters like Darren Stewart and Courtney Casey (fighters with multiple loses) stay in the company, and are letting guys like Rumble Johnson and Romero going away, that's crazy. Stewart never was and never will be an warrior inside that cage, his heart was never there and I think it'll not be there on this fight too.

Perez vs. Schnell
Alex Perez, TKO, R2
I'm very shocked that this is the first fight of the night, 'cause that defenitely should be on the main card. Schnell it's a good fighter but can't fight under pressure, and Perez gonna bring this to him untill he get's a TKO finish.

2021.07.27 9:32 PM ET

bout announced

Sam Alvey vs. Wellington Turman at 185 lbs (83.9 kg)
HiDefff
HiDefff

07.28.2021 | 9:03 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 565 Points   |   Tied for 312th

Ricky Turcios on this card against TBD?
KyleH
KyleH
  • Predictions:  10,186  |  71.1%
  • Forum Posts:  6,529
  • Post Score: 196

07.28.2021 | 1:58 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 350 Points   |   Tied for 2599th

I thought the ultimate fighter finals would be on the Volk vs Ortega card

"There's 3 things in life that excite me. A woman, of course. Dinosaurs, and the violence of the Octagon" - GSP

2021.07.30 1:23 PM ET

bout status update

Edwards vs. Fairn Changed from Confirmed to Cancelled
Eaganoe
Eaganoe
  • Predictions:  976  |  59.4%
  • Forum Posts:  592
  • Post Score: 202

08.02.2021 | 4:49 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 530 Points   |   Tied for 575th

Barboza vs. Chikadze
Edson Barboza, TKO, R3
I think barboza is more durable, but I could be wrong, we've never seen chikadze put up against someone who hits as hard. Great kickboxing fight I just think edson can take it as well as he can give it.

Meerschaert vs. Muradov
Gerald Meerschaert, SUB, R1
Taking the underdog for ****s and giggles, gm3 either gets it done in the first or he's screwed.

Brady vs. Lee
Sean Brady, SUB, R2
Love this fight, and lee always does well against grapplers like chiesa and Gillespie. Still think the hype is real for Brady.

Alvey vs. Turman
Sam Alvey, TKO, R3
I think Sam won that fight against Spann, his record could be demoralizing for him but we'll see how it turns out.

Di Chirico vs. Khizriev
Aliaskhab Khizriev, DEC
Other than that knockout upset of Buckley, Alessio doesn't show anything particularly spectacular

Perez vs. Schnell
Alex Perez, TKO, R2
Perez is still a top guy, just a bad night at the office in is title fight

"I can see the black mountain"

2021.08.07 2:09 PM ET

bout status update

Brady vs. Lee Changed from Confirmed to Cancelled
Eaganoe
Eaganoe
  • Predictions:  976  |  59.4%
  • Forum Posts:  592
  • Post Score: 202

08.07.2021 | 3:08 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 530 Points   |   Tied for 575th

God damn, canceled again. Hopefully they call up Geoff Neal to fight Kevin 

"I can see the black mountain"

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  15,811  |  67.4%
  • Forum Posts:  31,957
  • Post Score: 87

08.10.2021 | 11:57 AM ET

10 fights already and three weeks to go for this card does not bode well for its future…

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

HiDefff
HiDefff

08.10.2021 | 12:08 PM ET

The Tuf Finals will be announced on this card as soon as the last 2 winners are made public. So in theory there are 2 more to be added to the card in a week or so. Second to last episode airs tonight. so by next wednesday we will know the 2 fights being added 
AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

08.10.2021 | 3:01 PM ET

Oh I thought that was the smith vs spann card? 

HiDefff
HiDefff

08.10.2021 | 3:07 PM ET

According to Marcel on Twitter they will be on this card. 

https://twitter.com/bigmarcel24/status/1424567354923569158?s=21
AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

08.10.2021 | 5:08 PM ET

Yeah if marcel says it it’s true. Hopefully they find a replacement for Sean Brady for this card

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

08.10.2021 | 9:58 PM ET

Well rojo now stepping up to fight sept 4. That’s 9 fights now unless they get a replacement for croom 

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Henry Cejudo: Bo Nickal needs to hold his horses, 'maybe 10 fights away from possibly becoming UFC champion'
  • MMA Mania : Frenemies? ‘I Hate To See A Fighter Lose His Confidence’
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 3 weigh-in results: Welterweights, featherweights set in Chicago
  • MMA Mania : ‘When I Was Your Age, I Already Had Title Defenses, Buddy’
  • MMAFighting.com : Haney vs. Garcia fight card
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Belal Muhammad Claims He ‘Hates Leon Edwards’ Guts,’ Hopes To Dethrone The Welterweight King In Manchester
  • Middle Easy : Jorge Masvidal Says He’s ‘Definitely’ Returning To UFC, Wants Logan Paul Or Floyd Mayweather Jr In Boxing After Nate Diaz
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Suggests Herb Dean Played a Part in Jamahal Hill’s UFC 300 Loss, ‘Big’ John McCarthy Responds
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway responds to the 'un-BMF' demands from UFC champ Ilia Topuria
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Eddie Hearn says things about to get real for Ryan Garcia
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Hearn says things about to get real for Garcia
  • MMA Mania : PFL Chicago Weigh Ins Results, Staredowns!
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Relive every win of Conor McGregor’s epic UFC career
  • MMA Junkie : Sean Strickland vs. Paulo Costa: Odds and what to know ahead of UFC 302 co-headliner
  • MMA Mania : No Foul Play! ‘The Cutman Used A Boxing Technique’
  • MMAFighting.com : PFL 3 weigh-in video
  • MMAFighting.com : PFL 3 weigh-in video, results
  • MMA Junkie : PFL Chicago fight week vlog 3: Fighters explore the city ahead of fight night
  • MMAFighting.com : Kamaru Usman questions how much Max Holloway’s eye pokes altered outcome of Justin Gaethje fight
  • MMA Junkie : PFL Week 3 predictions: Who are our unanimous picks at welterweight, featherweight in Chicago?