Tapology Forums

Next for Giga Chikadze (#14)?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

rkn5
rkn5
  • Predictions:  2,049  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  569
  • Post Score: 35

05.03.2021 | 3:37 PM ET

Chikadze (#14) earned a highlight-reel KO over Cub Swanson (#15) Saturday night to project him up into contention at 145lbs. 

WHO WILL GIGA FIGHT NEXT?

1. Calvin Kattar (#5) - It's highly possible Kattar fights Giga next. Coming from a lop-sided loss to Holloway (#1), Kattar is styled an excellent boxer with a proven chin. Giga is a next-level striker, 6-0 in the UFC. Since Giga deserves a jump up the rankings, "Top 10" Kattar is the perfect candidate to test Giga's level. Maybe August. 

2. Yair (#3) - Yair has recently stated his readiness to return as soon as possible. He wants to fight the highest available opponent and is willing to travel down the ranks, one-by-one, until the highest bidder appears. If no one else takes a fight with Yair, maybe the UFC will jump Giga up to the "ninja vs ninja" matchup he asked for. In his post fight, Giga mentioned the ninja vs ninja style of Yair vs Giga. And we fans love it. If Yair doesn't fight Holloway, make Yair vs Giga. 

3. Arnold Allen (#7) - Arnold Allen is the #1 prospect at featherweight. 8-0 in the UFC, and very well-rounded. Without a clear opponent in sight for Allen next. Maybe the UFC pits these two top prospects next. Will it happen?

4. Sodiq Yusuff (#10) -  This fight is more likely than the one versus Arnold Allen because Allen deserves to fight someone above him. Yusuff, coming from a loss, is a proven young contender. Logically, if Yusuff fights down and Giga fights up these two will meet. The toughest fight yet for Giga versus an absolutely powerful stud. This is the fight, I believe, we will get. What do you think?

* Edited at 05.03.2021, 3:37 PM ET *

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : PFL 3 Results: Koreshkov vs. Umalatov
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: ‘I Decide Who, When, And Where’
  • MMA Mania : Muhammad Goes Off On Edwards And ‘Fakest Team I’ve Ever Seen’
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Garcia has skill set to compete with Devin Haney. Does he have mindset?
  • MMAFighting.com : Max Holloway mocks Ilia Topuria’s demands for potential fight; Topuria responds
  • MMA Junkie : Henry Cejudo: Bo Nickal needs to hold his horses, 'maybe 10 fights away from possibly becoming UFC champion'
  • MMA Mania : Frenemies? ‘I Hate To See A Fighter Lose His Confidence’
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 3 weigh-in results: Welterweights, featherweights set in Chicago
  • MMA Mania : ‘When I Was Your Age, I Already Had Title Defenses, Buddy’
  • MMAFighting.com : Haney vs. Garcia fight card
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Belal Muhammad Claims He ‘Hates Leon Edwards’ Guts,’ Hopes To Dethrone The Welterweight King In Manchester
  • Middle Easy : Jorge Masvidal Says He’s ‘Definitely’ Returning To UFC, Wants Logan Paul Or Floyd Mayweather Jr In Boxing After Nate Diaz
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Suggests Herb Dean Played a Part in Jamahal Hill’s UFC 300 Loss, ‘Big’ John McCarthy Responds
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway responds to the 'un-BMF' demands from UFC champ Ilia Topuria
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Eddie Hearn says things about to get real for Ryan Garcia
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Hearn says things about to get real for Garcia
  • MMA Mania : PFL Chicago Weigh Ins Results, Staredowns!
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Relive every win of Conor McGregor’s epic UFC career
  • MMA Junkie : Sean Strickland vs. Paulo Costa: Odds and what to know ahead of UFC 302 co-headliner
  • MMA Mania : No Foul Play! ‘The Cutman Used A Boxing Technique’