Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Hall vs. Strickland

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  17,655
  • Post Score: 41

04.17.2021 | 7:21 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
  • Saturday 07.31.2021 at 06:30 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN
  • Name: UFC Fight Night: Hall vs. Strickland
  • Also Known As: UFC Vegas 33
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: UFC APEX
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Brendan Fitzgerald, Paul Felder, Michael Bisping
  • Ring Announcer: Joe Martinez
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Paul Felder
  • TV Ratings: 797,000 avg. viewers (953k peak, 533k ESPN prelims)
  • MMA Bouts: 10
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Sean Strickland   defeats   Uriah Hall   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Cheyanne Buys   defeats   Gloria de Paula   via KO/TKO, Head Kick and Punches   1:00 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Jared Gooden   defeats   Niklas Stolze   via KO/TKO, Right Cross   1:08 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Melsik Baghdasaryan   defeats   Collin Anglin   via KO/TKO, Head Kick and Punches   1:50 Round 2 of 3, 6:50 Total Bout Page
Jason Witt   defeats   Bryan Barberena   via Decision, Majority   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Chris Gruetzemacher   defeats   Rafa García   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Danny Chavez   vs.   Kai Kamaka III   Ends in a Draw, Majority   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jinh Yu Frey   defeats   Ashley Yoder   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Zarrukh Adashev   defeats   Ryan Benoit   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Philip Rowe   defeats   Orion Cosce   via KO/TKO, Punches   4:21 Round 2 of 3, 9:21 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 21

Savosnip3z
Savosnip3z
  • Predictions:  46  |  43.5%
  • Forum Posts:  9
  • Post Score: 256

07.31.2021 | 2:23 PM ET

Sean Strickland vs Uriah Hall

Predictions: 0 of 0 Winners, 0 Perfect, 0 Points   |   Tied for 3359th

This fight will end up as a draw in my opinión. They both have trained together and the fight will be standing most of the time. They will not give anything away for free snd both fighters can easily keep a 5 round pace. My guess is a draw and I daresay many fight son this card may end up the same. It could be down to 1 mistake man. I’m not betting on this event but man am I gonna enjoy the recreation.
ModestMan
ModestMan
  • Predictions:  258  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  440
  • Post Score: 180

07.31.2021 | 2:27 PM ET

Cancel the whole event at this point. A waste of airtime
MattyViceGrip
MattyViceGrip
  • Predictions:  4,953  |  72.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,872
  • Post Score: 258

07.31.2021 | 2:29 PM ET

Predictions: 3 of 10 Winners, 0 Perfect, 165 Points   |   Tied for 1727th

Cheyanne Buys as the co main :/  Why not Barberena vs Witt or Chavez vs Kamaka III?!

* Edited at 07.31.2021, 2:29 PM ET *

"Like Dustin Poirier once said , I'm having a blast!"

liamw
liamw
  • Predictions:  6,492  |  67.2%
  • Forum Posts:  268
  • Post Score: 219

07.31.2021 | 2:36 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 365 Points   |   Tied for 63rd

Anglin vs. Baghdasaryan
Melsik Baghdasaryan, TKO, R1
Possible fight of the night right here for however long it lasts. Gonna be very explosive early as Melsik is someone who is aggressive from the opening bell. Could work well as Anglin is distinctly available to be cracked early which isn’t good against someone in Baghdasaryan who is very powerful early. ITD is live here as if Anglian can survive the early onslaught from Melsik then he can utilise his knees in the clinch and wrestling to tire out Melsik. Think Melsik will get the early finish, but could get hairy the longer the fight goes

Gruetzemacher vs. García
Chris Gruetzemacher, DEC
I do think Garcia is good, but I’m not hugely high on him as I think he is getting a lot of credit for just his durability against Nasrat. Chris did look awful in his last fight but I think that was more of the speed from Hernandez which got Chris in trouble and Rafa isn’t that quick. Both are kind of flat footed and like to throw hard. Could end up being a horrible pick but gonna go with Gruetzemacher as I think he can implement a game plan which stifles the output of García. Also think the odds are a little wide

Chavez vs. Kamaka III
Kai Kamaka III, DEC
This should be a good one, as both are good kickboxers and like to scrap. Leaning Kamaka as I think that he can mix in the takedowns which will be effective if he can hold chavez down. Chavez is a dangerous striker though, solid leg kicks which can be effective if it stays standing. Close fight but i edge Kamaka

Yoder vs. Yu Frey
Ashley Yoder, SUB, R1
I understand Yoder being favoured in this one, since her top control is likely to be the way that rounds are clear and definitive due to Frey’s lack of output. Yoder is also going to be much bigger and longer than Frey, which will be a factor as Jinh yu is a little small for the division and may struggle to get on the inside of Ashley if it stays standing. Think Yoder should get the takedown and then work from there. Good chance of a close decision if Yoder does not get the finish though

Benoit vs. Adashev
Zarrukh Adashev, DEC
This ones gonna be a close and entertaining fight. Benoit’s usually happy to stand and trade but don’t think that’s a good idea against a guy in Adashev who has good kickboxing. Benoit should grapple though, it’s the path of least resistance and the sub could be live if he has any inclination to go for that sort of strategy. Haven’t really seen any evidence that he is going to do that though which has me favouring Adashev as I think he can use his speed to win on the feet. I do think Adashev gets a bit unfairly maligned because of his record as well. Close fight though

Cosce vs. Rowe
Philip Rowe, DEC
Gonna go with the underdog Rowe here but I do think it is close. Think he will have space in this fight as Orion doesn’t really push the pace. This will give Rowe opportunities to use his length to pick apart Cosce. For Cosce to win I think it will be smart for him to utilise the leg kick, Rowe reacted awful to them last fight which got him out of his rhythm. Think Rowe will be aware of this though and should be better in all areas

Erison
Erison
  • Predictions:  647  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,593
  • Post Score: 284

07.31.2021 | 2:37 PM ET

Predictions: 2 of 9 Winners, 1 Perfect, 125 Points   |   Tied for 2105th

lol what happened to Stolze-Gooden now? Just let Rafa go out there and knock Chris out, let me get my money, then do the main event. Wrap it up by 5pm.
FeedingABusCarrots
FeedingABusCarrots
  • Predictions:  2,375  |  78.9%
  • Forum Posts:  771
  • Post Score: 222

07.31.2021 | 2:39 PM ET

Predictions: 2 of 10 Winners, 0 Perfect, 100 Points   |   Tied for 2541st

Cant wait to watch an hour of people rambling with 5 Megan Olivi segments before the first fight

"Undefeated and undisputed in the pick game"

Thewelshguy1998
Thewelshguy1998
  • Predictions:  380  |  57.6%
  • Forum Posts:  621
  • Post Score: 280

07.31.2021 | 2:42 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 315 Points   |   Tied for 202nd

Scott coker jerking off right now 
Thewelshguy1998
Thewelshguy1998
  • Predictions:  380  |  57.6%
  • Forum Posts:  621
  • Post Score: 280

07.31.2021 | 2:45 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 315 Points   |   Tied for 202nd

He been waiting for one of these nights for years lol 
depmode33
depmode33
  • Predictions:  199  |  56.3%
  • Forum Posts:  364
  • Post Score: 252

07.31.2021 | 2:47 PM ET

At this rate, Cheyenne Buys will main event this card!  It's gonna happen!  Thank you Cheyenne Buys for saving this card!  
Cheeseball
Cheeseball
  • Predictions:  4,368  |  70.7%
  • Forum Posts:  959
  • Post Score: 274

07.31.2021 | 2:48 PM ET

Predictions: 2 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 125 Points   |   Tied for 2105th

This is the most cursed UFC card since UFC 249.

"I hate losing, but I respect losing, because it is a fundamental part of winning" - Michael Jordan

depmode33
depmode33
  • Predictions:  199  |  56.3%
  • Forum Posts:  364
  • Post Score: 252

07.31.2021 | 2:50 PM ET

The only other time I remember a 6+ fights getting canceled on a card was the Overeem vs Sakai card from September 2020.  I remember it was only like 7 fights remaining for that one and all the favorites ended up winning.  
2021.07.31 2:51 PM ET

event start time updated

From Saturday, July 31 at 6:00pm ET to Saturday, July 31 at 7:00pm ET
DCpredictions
DCpredictions
  • Predictions:  396  |  59.1%
  • Forum Posts:  323
  • Post Score: 154

07.31.2021 | 2:58 PM ET

Predictions: 3 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 175 Points   |   Tied for 1380th

At this point I'll have to make some irresponsible bets just to make this fun
liamw
liamw
  • Predictions:  6,492  |  67.2%
  • Forum Posts:  268
  • Post Score: 219

07.31.2021 | 3:18 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 365 Points   |   Tied for 63rd

Hall vs. Strickland
Sean Strickland, TKO, R3
Think Strickland should get this one done. He’s looked very good in his last 4 and this is another good one for him stylistically. He’s very busy, doesn’t go away easily and not really hittable for a guy like Hall. Hall is always in the fight though, he is similar to a Derrick Lewis where by he only needs one to change the course of the fight so Strickland needs to be switched on. There is also somewhat of a question mark of Sean’s grappling, which I think is good enough to provide enough safety if he were to get caught and hurt. The fact that he never wrestled Marshman makes me believe he won’t do it here though. I believe it should be one way traffic on the feet though, Stricklands boxing is crisp and he will look to back you up with big 1-2s which will be effective if they land on Uriah. Hall is also reasonably inactive on the feet, which is why I think he will lose as Strickland is active and always pushes the pace trying to knock you out. Think Strickland takes this one by stoppage or clear decision

de Paula vs. Buys
Cheyanne Buys, DEC
Should be a decent little striking battle between these two. Kinda think Buys is a bit more functional at this point in her career and more practical as a fighter. She’s gonna need to be aggressive and fight on the front foot as De Paula could have success if given space. Buys should also stay away and avoid the clinch of De Paula who is pretty good there. Line is about right to me

Barberena vs. Witt
Bryan Barberena, TKO, R2
Obviously the main concern surrounding Barberena is the medical issues that have been happening. Don’t think that should be much of a concern against a guy in Witt. Witts awful fragility is what has me heavily favouring Barberena here. Should be able to keep this one standing as Barberena has good TDD to keep it on the feet to eventually KO Witt. For Witt to win he’s gonna need to consistently take this one down to the mat. Don’t think he can do this though which should lead to a Barberena stoppage

Mercedesbenzover
Mercedesbenzover
  • Predictions:  2,070  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  16
  • Post Score: 225

07.31.2021 | 3:23 PM ET

Bellator 💯

Predictions: 3 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 200 Points   |   Tied for 1059th

UFC is just being cool to the Bellator card, it was always the Bellator card. Another all nighter for fights since I'm in Germany 🇩🇪 ❤️ 🇲🇽 

"Just Bleed"

NA850
NA850
  • Predictions:  487  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  215
  • Post Score: 255

07.31.2021 | 3:26 PM ET

Predictions: 3 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 200 Points   |   Tied for 1059th

Just saw the news that even more fights have been cancelled. Is this card cursed or something? 

"Life is short, but also like terribly and insufferably long at the same time. "

FeedingABusCarrots
FeedingABusCarrots
  • Predictions:  2,375  |  78.9%
  • Forum Posts:  771
  • Post Score: 222

07.31.2021 | 3:29 PM ET

Soon we will have Ashley Yoder in the co-main its written in the stars

"Undefeated and undisputed in the pick game"

Mazim
Mazim
  • Predictions:  1,358  |  60.5%
  • Forum Posts:  38
  • Post Score: 103

07.31.2021 | 3:34 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 9 Winners, 2 Perfect, 300 Points   |   Tied for 251st

Hall vs. Strickland
Sean Strickland, TKO, R4
Strickland can replicate his performance against Brendan Allen to get a win by TKO. Hall doesn't deal well with foes that give him pressure by constantly advancing.

de Paula vs. Buys
Cheyanne Buys, DEC
General inexperience from both women. Buys to win based on her better striking and grappling.

Barberena vs. Witt
Bryan Barberena, TKO, R3
Witt will struggle with getting takedowns. He'll be punished with a TKO.

Benoit vs. Adashev
Zarrukh Adashev, DEC
The Lion to win by landing the cleaner, significant strikes.

"No guts, no glory."

Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn
  • Predictions:  365  |  60.0%
  • Forum Posts:  102
  • Post Score: 220

07.31.2021 | 3:41 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 2 of 9 Winners, 1 Perfect, 125 Points   |   Tied for 2105th

Hall vs. Strickland
Uriah Hall, TKO, R3
Fighters like Hall are my favorite type of fighters. Warrior mentality and for him it’s about the fighting.

"Don't ever, for any reason, do anything to anyone for any reason ever, no matter what, no matter where, or who, or who you are with, or where you are going, or where you've been... ever, for any reason whatsoever..."

FireFist45
FireFist45
  • Predictions:  3,957  |  58.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,002
  • Post Score: 145

07.31.2021 | 3:45 PM ET

I remember posting earlier before all of this...

Predictions: 2 of 10 Winners, 0 Perfect, 115 Points   |   Tied for 2453rd

that this was a nice Bellator Card and about 8 downvotes came my way !! LOL 

I guess you are all eating some humble pie now !! 

LET THERE BE MORE CANCELLATIONS !!!! 
Kryptt
Kryptt
  • Predictions:  5,367  |  64.5%
  • Forum Posts:  6
  • Post Score: 150

07.31.2021 | 3:51 PM ET

Hope they relist it!

Predictions: 3 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 175 Points   |   Tied for 1380th

Marc Raimondi @marc_raimondi · Stolze vs. Gooden is back on, per UFC officials. COVID protocols forced it off earlier this morning, but after doctor’s clearance it is good to go. Neither of the two fighters tested positive for COVID Quote Tweet

"I can already see your name disintegrating from my lips...."

Page 21

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : PFL CEO Donn Davis: ‘We love Kayla Harrison,’ and unlike UFC, ‘we know the fighters are the stars, not the promoter’
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 267 Embedded, Episode 2: ‘I like to see his face, beat his face, eat him’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 267 'Embedded,' No. 2: Khamzat Chimaev is 'so hungry' to fight
  • MMAFighting.com : Corey Anderson laughs off Jan Blachowicz’s comments: ‘He’s probably a little jealous I’m making more than him fighting in this ‘B’ league’
  • MMA Junkie : 2021 PFL Championship ceremonial weigh-ins live video stream (5 p.m. ET)
  • UFC.com : Unfiltered: Herschel Walker and Michael Chandler
  • MMA Junkie : With Norbert Novenyi Jr. out, Fabian Edwards steps in to face Charlie Ward at Bellator 270
  • MMA Junkie : PFL Championship predictions: Is anyone picking against Kayla Harrison?
  • UFC.com : Fighters On The Rise | UFC 267: Blachowicz vs Teixeira
  • UFC.com : Kolton England Looks To Turn Heads | Dana White's Contender Series
  • UFC.com : Chauncey Foxworth Will Make His Presence Felt
  • MMA Junkie : Randy Costa sees positives from Adrian Yanez loss, thinks rematch is inevitable
  • MMAFighting.com : Michael Bisping gives Paulo Costa credit for great performance, but calls pre-fight behavior ‘inexcusable’
  • MMA Junkie : Ray Cooper III, Magomed Magomedkerimov enter PFL final rematch with similar mindsets
  • MMA Junkie : Spinning Back Clique: On Fedor's next fight, Paulo Costa and Nate Diaz's UFC futures, and more
  • MMAFighting.com : Fighter vs. Writer: Aljamain Sterling previews UFC 267 including his pick for Petr Yan vs. Cory Sandhagen
  • MMA Junkie : Jamie Pickett worked past mental hurdle to get first UFC win
  • MMA Junkie : Tabatha Ricci on a dream-come-true first UFC win – and a petition for her 'Baby Shark'
  • MMA Junkie : Nicolae Negumereanu says Jon Jones is his dream UFC opponent
  • MMAFighting.com : Guns, smugglers, and impossible dreams: Glover Teixeira opens up on the ‘dangerous’ 43-day illegal journey to U.S. that started it all