Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Hall vs. Strickland

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  32,890
  • Post Score: 47

04.17.2021 | 7:21 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
  • Saturday 07.31.2021 at 06:30 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN
  • Name: UFC Fight Night: Hall vs. Strickland
  • Also Known As: UFC Vegas 33
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: UFC APEX
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Brendan Fitzgerald, Paul Felder, Michael Bisping
  • Ring Announcer: Joe Martinez
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Paul Felder
  • TV Ratings: 797,000 avg. viewers (953k peak, 533k ESPN prelims)
  • MMA Bouts: 10
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Sean Strickland   defeats   Uriah Hall   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Cheyanne Vlismas   defeats   Gloria de Paula   via KO/TKO, Head Kick and Punches   1:00 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Jared Gooden   defeats   Niklas Stolze   via KO/TKO, Right Cross   1:08 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Melsik Baghdasaryan   defeats   Collin Anglin   via KO/TKO, Head Kick and Punches   1:50 Round 2 of 3, 6:50 Total Bout Page
Jason Witt   defeats   Bryan Barberena   via Decision, Majority   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Chris Gruetzemacher   defeats   Rafa García   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Danny Chavez   vs.   Kai Kamaka III   Ends in a Draw, Majority   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jinh Yu Frey   defeats   Ashley Yoder   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Zarrukh Adashev   defeats   Ryan Benoit   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Phil Rowe   defeats   Orion Cosce   via KO/TKO, Punches   4:21 Round 2 of 3, 9:21 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 12

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick
  • Predictions:  9,727  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,778
  • Post Score: 273

07.29.2021 | 5:36 PM ET

Predictions: 2 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 125 Points   |   Tied for 2105th

I go to the gym with the biggest hard on and spot guys 

"For no particular reason beat up everyone"

Batwoman
Batwoman

07.29.2021 | 5:37 PM ET

Predictions: 3 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 175 Points   |   Tied for 1380th

standing up to being bullied because of my gender identity is not meaningless.
Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,149  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,134
  • Post Score: 333

07.29.2021 | 5:38 PM ET

Predictions: 4 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 250 Points   |   Tied for 563rd

@flying. Thought I was the only one.

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

Batwoman
Batwoman

07.29.2021 | 5:39 PM ET

also @thesnake101 just finish the sentence you were too scared to in your post's title. if your going to be transphobic, at least be honest about like the rest of these guys
Xconchris
Xconchris

07.29.2021 | 5:42 PM ET

How come we banned @fishrat for bringing politics and off topic posts into the threads and @batwomen gets to act bat**** crazy. RIP fishrat

Thesnake101
Thesnake101
  • Predictions:  14,822  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,007
  • Post Score: 207

07.29.2021 | 5:45 PM ET

Predictions: 3 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 190 Points   |   Tied for 1282nd

The title was supposed a switcheroo.

I say it's meaningless because of the setting of this discussion. You can't expect to have meaningful, civil discourse on a forum, let alone one dedicated to a sport of people bashing each other's heads. You're honestly just wasting your time and only souring your own mood by still engaging.

You need not reply to every single comment that goes against your beliefs, regardless of how inflammatory it may be.
Thesnake101
Thesnake101
  • Predictions:  14,822  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,007
  • Post Score: 207

07.29.2021 | 5:46 PM ET

Xcon

Predictions: 3 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 190 Points   |   Tied for 1282nd

The bat symbol is really powerful.
FeedingABusCarrots
FeedingABusCarrots
  • Predictions:  2,874  |  77.9%
  • Forum Posts:  834
  • Post Score: 235

07.29.2021 | 5:46 PM ET

Predictions: 2 of 10 Winners, 0 Perfect, 100 Points   |   Tied for 2541st

Talking about the devil, Darren Till just uploaded some video on his Instagram on how his meme about transgenders got reported to the police in the UK and some ******** with a local newspaper. https://www.instagram.com/tv/CR6_Il-BKvL/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

* Edited at 07.29.2021, 5:47 PM ET *

"Undefeated and undisputed in the pick game"

Batwoman
Batwoman

07.29.2021 | 5:47 PM ET

Back to said fisticuffs

I am really looking forward to the Buys De Paula fight
Xconchris
Xconchris

07.29.2021 | 5:50 PM ET

Just the way @batwomen is going after small details of rules and directly pushing @greg. It really does seem like a @fishrat alternative account. I said it before. The best trolls and the ones who convince you they are not trolling and get you all angry and fired up. @fishrat would take extreme liberal ideas and shove them down your throat to convince you how dumb they are. Master Troll. Level 10

CountryMac
CountryMac
  • Predictions:  10  |  40.0%
  • Forum Posts:  22
  • Post Score: 223

07.29.2021 | 5:50 PM ET

Predictions: 1 of 7 Winners, 0 Perfect, 50 Points   |   Tied for 3002nd

What s up with the the transgender Karen? *** happened tapology

"Pepe was never my friend"

FeedingABusCarrots
FeedingABusCarrots
  • Predictions:  2,874  |  77.9%
  • Forum Posts:  834
  • Post Score: 235

07.29.2021 | 5:52 PM ET

Predictions: 2 of 10 Winners, 0 Perfect, 100 Points   |   Tied for 2541st

@CountryMac I think it has something to do with the chemicals they are putting in the water

"Undefeated and undisputed in the pick game"

Batwoman
Batwoman

07.29.2021 | 5:54 PM ET

So about that de Paula Buys fight

.............. what? I'm back on a thread relative topic?
flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick
  • Predictions:  9,727  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,778
  • Post Score: 273

07.29.2021 | 5:56 PM ET

Predictions: 2 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 125 Points   |   Tied for 2105th

Who the **** is anybody

"For no particular reason beat up everyone"

genking
genking
  • Predictions:  3,198  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 400

07.29.2021 | 5:58 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 2 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 175 Points   |   Tied for 1717th

Benoit vs. Adashev
Ryan Benoit, DEC
Lol

ZoomerBet
ZoomerBet
  • Predictions:  2,962  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,135
  • Post Score: 269

07.29.2021 | 5:59 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 2 of 10 Winners, 0 Perfect, 115 Points   |   Tied for 2453rd

de Paula vs. Buys
Cheyanne Buys, DEC
Worst fight on the worst card

"Excuse me guys, I want to say something. I want to stay humble, but I have to talk because you guys talk too much"

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,263  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,255
  • Post Score: 136

07.29.2021 | 5:59 PM ET

Predictions: 1 of 5 Winners, 0 Perfect, 50 Points   |   Tied for 3002nd

Here let me lighten the tension Sean looks like Shogun Rua and Clive Owen were put in a blender then re constituted poorly.
Or maybe an Alien experiment to make a pride/movie star hybrid.. 

"“I took no damage,” Hill said. “Most of the fall was me falling down"

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,304  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,311
  • Post Score: 285

07.29.2021 | 6:04 PM ET

This post isn't meant to offend anyone but this is how I see it

Predictions: 3 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 200 Points   |   Tied for 1059th

OK, I don't normally weigh in on this sort of thing but seeing as I've recently received follows and am now following both @Batwoman and @ZoomerBet, I felt obliged to at least give my opinion on this issue. 

Transgender women are indeed women and should be respected as such. So Fallon Fox should be referred to a woman in terms of the pronouns. Having said that, as much as I care about labelling people's genders correctly, I care more about fighter safety and fair fights in MMA and other combat sports. I would love to see transgender women compete with cis-women on an equal standing as long as the fight was fair. The trouble is that sports science isn't quite at the level where we can completely equalise the physiological differences between transgender women and cis-women. Although there are ways of reducing the levels of testosterone in transgender women, a study by the British Journal of Sports Medicine found that transgender women still retained some physical advantages over cis-women. That study was just looking at the testosterone levels in transgender women and didn't take into account other physiological differences such as the larger bone mass and the naturally larger body frame of transgender women. The only way these can be changed is if the gender transition starts before puberty which in Fallon Fox's case, it didn't. Puberty is the last main stage of physical development and this is where the differences become fixed long term and unfortunately, we simply aren't able to completely reverse puberty at this moment in time. Puberty is the very reason why women's sports are a protected category.

How this relates to Fallon Fox and MMA:

If this were just a non-contact sport where nobody was in any real danger, then I'd have no problem with it as I don't really mind too much if someone has a slight advantage to score more points in game but this is combat sports where people can and do get seriously hurt. The stakes in combat sports are potentially life threatening and as much as I respect Fallon Fox for her bravery to come out as transgender and support transgender athletes, I cannot condone people getting seriously hurt by fighting in unfair fights. There's a huge difference between coming 2nd in a sprint race with only a silver medal for consolation and spending months rehabilitating from a severe injury that could have a negative impact on your health for the rest of your life. Maybe in the future if sports science advances to the point of being able to completely override every single aspect that differentiates men from women then the issue should be revisited but at the moment, we simply aren't that far advanced yet.

As for my personal responses to @ZoomerBet and @Batwoman:

@ZoomerBet I certainly see your point about the Fallon Fox situation but would it kill you just to tone the rhetoric down a little bit? You're welcome to express those opinions and I agree with you on some of the points but the tone you said them in could certainly come across as disrespectful. 

@Batwoman I applaud you for your bravery to stand up for transgender rights in an MMA forum and I certainly don't want to discourage you from doing that but again as I said to @ZoomerBet, maybe not being quite so militant in your approach to it might open the door a bit further for civil discussion on these issues. 

In conclusion, this is a very important subject and it should be discussed and dodging the discussion will do more harm than good but if we are going to continue this discussion in this thread then I'm sure I'm not the only one who would greatly appreciate it if you only entered this discussion with the intention of respectfully raising new points that haven't been considered already or to politely agree or disagree with what has already been said. If you are joining this debate with the intention of "winning" the argument then you are going into it with the wrong intention and I certainly am not trying to "end" or "win" this issue with this post and the only reason I posted this was due to the fact I'm following both @ZoomerBet and @Batwoman and because of @Batwomen's comment on my wall, I felt that just sticking my head in the sand on this issue would be the worst thing to do.

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

Erison
Erison
  • Predictions:  1,678  |  65.4%
  • Forum Posts:  4,896
  • Post Score: 227

07.29.2021 | 6:04 PM ET

Predictions: 2 of 9 Winners, 1 Perfect, 125 Points   |   Tied for 2105th

I'm starting to talk myself into Nicco Montano being a lock. She won TUF with her wrestling and she's fighting a woman who can't fight off her back. Seems like a simple linear matchup. Please talk me out of it if I'm about to make a huge mistake.

* Edited at 07.29.2021, 6:05 PM ET *

CountryMac
CountryMac
  • Predictions:  10  |  40.0%
  • Forum Posts:  22
  • Post Score: 223

07.29.2021 | 6:05 PM ET

Predictions: 1 of 7 Winners, 0 Perfect, 50 Points   |   Tied for 3002nd

Thats remarkably unfunny Mr. Jeffords

"Pepe was never my friend"

Page 12

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: And New Super Lightweight Champion?
  • MMA Mania : Nurmagomedov Injured, Bellator Paris Title Fight Paused
  • MMA Mania : Doumbe Inks PFL Extension, Returns At Bellator Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Ben Rothwell hopes Mark Hunt signing with BKFC materializes, wants rematch that 'brings eyes'
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Banks Big Money After Placing a $2 Million Bet on Himself to Defeat Devin Haney
  • MMA Junkie : Murad Ramazanov lauds Nurmagomedov training discipline for fast start in PFL debut
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘This is going to make him a way bigger superstar’: Trainer talks Garcia’s big win over Haney
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘This is going to make him a way bigger superstar’: Trainer talks Ryan Garcia’s big win over Devin Haney
  • MMA Mania : ‘This Could Be A Career Death Sentence’
  • MMAFighting.com : DC calls for McGregor vs. Chandler to be 165-pound ‘super lightweight’ title fight
  • MMA Mania : ‘Be Prepared To Bleed, Rainbow!’
  • Bad Left Hook : Pitbull Cruz, Andy Ruiz Jr, Santa Cruz vs Mares 3 on Crawford undercard
  • Middle Easy : Jamahal Hill Says He ‘Took No Damage’ Against Alex Pereira, Plans To Take Out ‘Frustrations’ Against Khalil Rountree Jr
  • MMA Junkie : Savannah Marshall's MMA debut opponent revealed as full 2024 PFL Europe 2 lineup announced
  • Middle Easy : Chael Sonnen Shuts Down Chances Of Conor McGregor and Michael Chandler Fighting For Proposed 165-Pound Title
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC owners at Triller acquired by Hong Kong-based finance company in $4 billion merger
  • MMA Junkie : The Ryan Garcia show is ready to take off after upset of Devin Haney | Opinion
  • MMA Mania : Aspinall ‘Would Be In Trouble’ Against Someone Like Velasquez
  • MMA Junkie : John Kavanagh: Conor McGregor's 'technique is as sharp as ever' ahead of UFC 303
  • MMA Mania : Watch BROADENED HORIZIN — Feat. Satoshi, Archuleta, Watanabe