Topic: UFC 265

UFC 265: Lewis vs. Gane

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  32,996
  • Post Score: 47

04.15.2021 | 9:51 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC 265
  • Saturday 08.07.2021 at 10:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: ESPN
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: Toyota Center
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Dominick Cruz, Daniel Cormier
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Daniel Cormier
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $3,460,000
  • Attendance: 16,604
  • PPV Buys / Buyrate: N/A | TV Ratings: 675,000 avg. viewers (ESPN prelims, 823k peak)
  • MMA Bouts: 13
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Ciryl Gane   defeats   Derrick Lewis   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   4:11 Round 3 of 5, 14:11 Total Bout Page
José Aldo   defeats   Pedro Munhoz   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Vicente Luque   defeats   Michael Chiesa   via Submission, D'arce Choke   3:25 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Tecia Torres   defeats   Angela Hill   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Yadong Song   defeats   Casey Kenney   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Rafael Fiziev   defeats   Bobby Green   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Vince Morales   defeats   Drako Rodriguez   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Alonzo Menifield   defeats   Ed Herman   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jessica Penne   defeats   Karolina Kowalkiewicz   via Submission, Armbar   4:32 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Manel Kape   defeats   Ode Osbourne   via KO/TKO, Flying Knee   4:44 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Miles Johns   defeats   Anderson dos Santos   via KO/TKO, Overhand Right   1:16 Round 3 of 3, 11:16 Total Bout Page
Melissa Gatto   defeats   Victoria Leonardo   via KO/TKO, Doctor Stoppage (broken Arm)   5:00 Round 2 of 3, 10:00 Total Bout Page
Johnny Munoz Jr.   defeats   Jamey Simmons   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   2:35 Round 2 of 3, 7:35 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 17

CheckLeftHook
CheckLeftHook
  • Predictions:  2,389  |  56.6%
  • Forum Posts:  5,968
  • Post Score: 172

08.06.2021 | 3:06 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 0 Perfect, 395 Points   |   Tied for 3152nd

great card hope it delivers

"🏴 No Quarter Given 🏴"

TheDisasters
TheDisasters
  • Predictions:  1,362  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  13
  • Post Score: 269

08.06.2021 | 3:07 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 405 Points   |   Tied for 3024th

Lewis vs. Gane
Derrick Lewis, TKO, R4
Gane by decision is the chalk but I think Lewis is a bit more than just a wild swinger. It's worth the price to go with the upset here.

Aldo vs. Munhoz
Pedro Munhoz, TKO, R3
I think Aldo is priced for what he once was rather than what he is now.

Luque vs. Chiesa
Vicente Luque, TKO, R3
This is the one I'm most looking forward to. Standing goes to Luque, ground goes to Chiesa, I can't wait.

Torres vs. Hill II
Angela Hill, DEC
Strange odds on this one. I wouldn't bet the house on either because they're too inconsistent but I expected Hill to be a slight chalk.

Song vs. Kenney
Casey Kenney, TKO, R1
Let's just hope the Chinese judges don't strike again. I have no idea how Song isn't 0-3 over his last three.

Fiziev vs. Green
Rafael Fiziev, DEC
TX Judges are probably going to screw this one up.

Herman vs. Menifield
Alonzo Menifield, TKO, R1
Unless Herman can get the ref to believe that a chin shot hit him in the nuts, I don't see any way he gets out of this one on his feet.

Kowalkiewicz vs. Penne
Jessica Penne, DEC
This fight shouldn't be on any UFC card, much less a PPV.

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page."

Thewelshguy1998
Thewelshguy1998
  • Predictions:  604  |  58.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,054
  • Post Score: 242

08.06.2021 | 3:26 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 425 Points   |   Tied for 2885th

Casuals on instagram saying it's a **** card got no clue 🤦🏻‍♂️
Dankmemes112
Dankmemes112
  • Predictions:  1,079  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  245
  • Post Score: 294

08.06.2021 | 3:39 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 10 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 615 Points   |   Tied for 577th

Luque vs. Chiesa
Vicente Luque, TKO, R2
This fight is going to be so interesting, I'm picking Luque because I think he can really hurt Chiesa on the feet and expose some of the holes he has in the striking. Chiesa has insane grappling but he relies on coming forward and getting into the clinch, Luque is actually strong in the clinch himself and has a very underrated submission game too. I do think Luque can keep this fight standing and the longer it stays standing the more chances Luque has, I see him cracking Chiesa with something big and getting the finish

FergboyMMA
FergboyMMA
  • Predictions:  803  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  345
  • Post Score: 270

08.06.2021 | 3:43 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 9 Winners, 3 Perfect, 340 Points   |   Tied for 3500th

Torres vs. Hill II
Tecia Torres, DEC
Tecia and Angela are both very good fighters. Tecia has a speed advantage but Hill may be the better overall striker. Torres has the ground game over Hill and I think she mixes her combos and takedowns up and gets to 2-0 over Hill, in a more high level fashion than the first time.

Fiziev vs. Green
Rafael Fiziev, DEC
Fiziev has a tough opponent but his striking is too much for anyone to handle. Bobby has a few paths to victory however, and I wouldn't write him off.

Herman vs. Menifield
Alonzo Menifield, TKO, R1
I can see Ed veteran-ing Alonzo to a sloppy GNP TKO but I'll go with the safe pick.

Kowalkiewicz vs. Penne
Karolina Kowalkiewicz, DEC
A mid-level 115 scrap. Penne shoots way too many takedowns and she will gas herself out sitting on Karolina's back. KK is a lot better than Godinez, a person who beat Penne so I think she uses technical kickboxing to get it done.

Kape vs. Osbourne
Ode Osbourne, DEC
Ode and Kape are both very fun to watch, but Kape doesn't let his hands go when he has to. Ode does, and I see Manel losing another close decision.

Munoz Jr. vs. Simmons
Johnny Munoz Jr., SUB, R1
Simmons is terrible. And though I've seen nothing great from Munoz, I see a guy that has more tools and is a lot more UFC caliber.

"If you jingle my bells, you will have a white Christmas, "

Amettxpc
Amettxpc
  • Predictions:  12,799  |  73.4%
  • Forum Posts:  2,187
  • Post Score: 192

08.06.2021 | 3:49 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 11 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 645 Points   |   Tied for 370th

Aldo vs. Munhoz
Pedro Munhoz, DEC
Aldo is a sniper and an excellent counter puncher, but Pedrinho is like an AK-47. Munhoz averages more than 90 punches in his last 3 fights and has been known for using quite a few combinations of leg kicks, body kicks, good combinations and powerful hooks. Although Aldo has looked relatively good in the BW division, I feel that he has lost part of that ability to maintain a dizzying pace throughout the fight, his last fight against Marlon Vera was decided by that takedown and control during practically the entire third round where you can say that this last round was a tie-break after an extremely competitive fight. Aldo has a legendary track record, but Pedro Munhoz is one of the top guys in the category: First-round finishes against Cody Garbrandt and Rob Font, great fights against Jimmie Rivera (2x), Frankie Edgar, Raphael Assunçāo, Bryan Caraway, etc. . Munhoz has the upper hand in the grappling department and added to his strike volume I think it's the biggest road to victory in his career.

Torres vs. Hill II
Tecia Torres, DEC
Both fighters have evolved enormously since their first fight, but I think Tecia Torres can re-impose her strategy of many combinations of strikes and excellent cardio. Hill has an advantage in height and in reach but Torres' losses have been against 3 former champions of the category and a very precise striker like Marina Rodriguez.

Kowalkiewicz vs. Penne
Karolina Kowalkiewicz, DEC
Karolina is on a 4-loss streak but against considerable top 10 level and a former champion of the category. Jessica Penne has the upper hand in grappling, but Kowalkiewicz has considerable striking superiority so she must defend takedowns and work with her Muay Thai to get back on the winning track. Another factor to highlight is the return of Kowalkiewicz after an eye operation, I think this is the factor that partly makes the matchup even.

"Moicano Wants Money!"

Tosh
Tosh
  • Predictions:  9,850  |  67.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,128
  • Post Score: 180

08.06.2021 | 4:13 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 415 Points   |   Tied for 2952nd

Tiny Tornado takes this one

* Edited at 08.06.2021, 4:13 PM ET *

"He who hesitates meditates in a horizontal position""

Erison
Erison
  • Predictions:  1,678  |  65.4%
  • Forum Posts:  4,896
  • Post Score: 227

08.06.2021 | 4:49 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 465 Points   |   Tied for 2488th

Kape didn’t even look particularly drained. I wonder how hard he tried. 
DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,544
  • Post Score: 262

08.06.2021 | 4:59 PM ET

Predictions: 11 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 620 Points   |   539th Place

Derrick Lewis is the perfect heavyweight to me. I hope he wins. I love watching Derrick Lewis fights, I don’t think he ever a bad fight(Forget the first Francis fight)

* Edited at 08.06.2021, 5:41 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Eaganoe
Eaganoe
  • Predictions:  976  |  59.4%
  • Forum Posts:  592
  • Post Score: 202

08.06.2021 | 5:34 PM ET

Derrick lewis rnd 3 flying armbar

"I can see the black mountain"

Eaganoe
Eaganoe
  • Predictions:  976  |  59.4%
  • Forum Posts:  592
  • Post Score: 202

08.06.2021 | 5:35 PM ET

Also only 20% of their purse now? They lowered the cut??? Such ********

"I can see the black mountain"

HiDefff
HiDefff

08.06.2021 | 5:36 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 400 Points   |   Tied for 3103rd

I thought the cut starts at 20% and is negotiated beyond that point 
Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,263  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,258
  • Post Score: 136

08.06.2021 | 5:38 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 11 Winners, 0 Perfect, 265 Points   |   Tied for 3720th

Killer card good girl fights lil uns average joes and big bad mu***as!
Sluggers and ninjas, grapplers and oil checkers for those who like that. 
Depending on when it air I may stream in the shop..

"“I took no damage,” Hill said. “Most of the fall was me falling down"

Voodoowizzy
Voodoowizzy
  • Predictions:  1,726  |  65.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,997
  • Post Score: 141

08.06.2021 | 5:46 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 515 Points   |   Tied for 1736th

Im pretty stoked for tmrw.. It should make up for the past 2 weeks LOL. have been rough for me betting wise and picks.
I just cant get over how big a favorite gane is.. i mean i understand because hes more versatile and overall "better martial artist" but Lewis has beaten Ngannou. hes beaten some top dogs in the world and has 3 times more the experience as Gane. its crazy lol. 
Im going with my dirty south brother state Texas lets go Black Beast!!

Luque vs Chiesa should be fire as well..
Casey Kenney vs Song yadong has potential for alot of action
and always good to see Aldo 

Prelims could be better but they straight

"Lets go!!!!!!!!!!!"

Dankmemes112
Dankmemes112
  • Predictions:  1,079  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  245
  • Post Score: 294

08.06.2021 | 5:50 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 10 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 615 Points   |   Tied for 577th

Aldo vs. Munhoz
José Aldo, DEC
Picking Aldo because I think with his Muay Thai background he can limit the damage from the calf kicks, Munhoz's main weapon is literally that and he throws his leg kicks far more frequently than Aldo. However, Aldo's boxing is a lot better, Munhoz can get caught, his chin is extremely solid but he does get hit with good strikes and if Aldo can stick on the outside and use his 5 inch reach advantage then he can really get ahead against Munhoz. Munhoz is dangerous every second and Aldo does need to be careful with the wild powerful hooks from Munhoz, but I will be going with Aldo to win I think he can get a decision by sticking on the outside and limiting the damage from the calf kicks

BoxingMMAFan
BoxingMMAFan
  • Predictions:  87  |  50.6%
  • Forum Posts:  15
  • Post Score: 240

08.06.2021 | 5:54 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 0 of 1 Winners, 0 Perfect, 0 Points   |   Tied for 4049th

Lewis vs. Gane
Derrick Lewis, TKO, R1
I don't think you can play tag with derrick lewis for 5 rounds...

"Always bet on black"

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420

08.06.2021 | 6:00 PM ET

Explaining my love for Derrick Lewis

I don't get what people have against Derrick Lewis, Dude awesome and he is the perfect Heavyweight to me. I love watching him fight. He can throw headkicks which is hilarious, Also grappling don't really work on him as he just stand up, Which is even funnier as he just does what every drunk casual at a bar think they do if someone try to wresle them, And the funniest thing, he somehow beat Francis Ngagnu, Alexander Volkov and Curtis Blaydes, And is 12-3 in his last 15 while being kinda terrible. He is argubly the best heavyweight at the moment. Also him being maybe the most naturaly funny fighter ever without doing all the ******** is a massive + for me

I love watching Derrek because he the definition of Heavyweight, Dude fight are stupid but ******* awesome and funny. I also think Watching Heavyweight for the high IQ fighting is like going to McDonald for a healthy meal, I'm their for the stupid nonsence like Francis vs Rozenstuck where Francis just did the most windmile punchs. The best heavyweight ever in Stipe taking 4 round to found out about Body punching a guy who famous for having a week body. Any fat boy swangin and gas out in a round, I'm in to watch that

Nothing against Gane, I like to watch him to. Dude might be the most technical heavyweight they're ever was, He's is maybe the best heavyweight ever if you want to jack off to techiniqe, My only complant is that I wish he could be a better finisher, 3 out of his last 4 went to decsion and the one before that one was a last second heel hook to a can in Don'tyle Mayes.I also think Gane will be champ even if he get slept by Derreck or Francis in his first run up.He will become undefetable off a lost IMO

* Edited at 08.06.2021, 6:07 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420

08.06.2021 | 6:23 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Lewis vs. Gane
Derrick Lewis, TKO, R2
Overhand right dead on floor

"Quack quack quack"

thebluedash
thebluedash
  • Predictions:  6,700  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  775
  • Post Score: 285

08.06.2021 | 6:31 PM ET

Some spots less on the ufc game if anyone is interested.

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 495 Points   |   Tied for 2104th

https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/39213

"Don't follow my bets, it's probably wrong."

BoneDoinWork
BoneDoinWork
  • Predictions:  1,779  |  58.6%
  • Forum Posts:  186
  • Post Score: 44

08.06.2021 | 6:51 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 475 Points   |   Tied for 2328th

Torres vs. Hill II
Tecia Torres, DEC
🇵🇷🇵🇷

Song vs. Kenney
Casey Kenney, DEC
Experience

Page 17

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Elijah Dorsey To Challenge Max Hanson For Welterweight Title At Enigma Invitational 15
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Buckley Lands UFC St. Louis Co-Main Vs. Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 Odds, Under Dogs And Best Bets!
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Just continue being the best’: Crawford looks forward to upcoming title fight with Madrimov
  • MMA Mania : Doumbe Gets New Opponent For Bellator Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Terence Crawford vs. Israil Madrimov official; Isaac Cruz, Andy Ruiz Jr. on undercard
  • Middle Easy : Chris Weidman Compares Alex Pereira’s Wrestling To Ben Askren’s Striking: ‘Such A Deficiency’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Step In The Fire With Pereira And He Knows That’
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau done with Manel Kape bookings, focused on title shot after UFC on ESPN 55 headliner
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight card: Perry vs. Alves
  • Middle Easy : ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone Tears Bicep ‘Off the Bone’ While Preparing to Ride Dana White’s Prized Bull
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Spann claims he hasn't watched tape on Bogdan Guskov ahead of UFC on ESPN 55 co-main bout
  • MMA Mania : Keep $300K Bonuses! ‘It Can’t Go Back’
  • MMAFighting.com : Joaquin Buckley vs. Nursulton Ruziboev announced for UFC St. Louis co-headliner
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley gets UFC on ESPN 56 co-main assignment vs. Nursulton Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : Pereira = ... Askren? ‘It’s Weird To See’
  • MMAFighting.com : Cain Velasquez attempted murder trial set to begin in September
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo confirms UFC 301 final fight on contract, hints at boxing match at Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Run it back, give fans a fair fight’: Devin Haney on Ryan Garcia loss
  • UFC.com : Alexandre Pantoja | TUF Beginnings