Topic: UFC 266

UFC 266: Volkanovski vs. Ortega

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  32,988
  • Post Score: 47

04.14.2021 | 11:07 AM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC 266
  • Saturday 09.25.2021 at 10:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: ESPN
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: T-Mobile Arena
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Paul Felder, Daniel Cormier
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Daniel Cormier
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $5,609,906
  • Attendance: 19,029
  • MMA Bouts: 13
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Alexander Volkanovski   defeats   Brian Ortega   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Valentina Shevchenko   defeats   Lauren Murphy   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   4:00 Round 4 of 5, 19:00 Total Bout Page
Robbie Lawler   defeats   Nick Diaz   via KO/TKO, Retirement   0:44 Round 3 of 5, 10:44 Total Bout Page
Curtis Blaydes   defeats   Jairzinho Rozenstruik   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jéssica Andrade   defeats   Cynthia Calvillo   via KO/TKO, Punches   4:54 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Merab Dvalishvili   defeats   Marlon Moraes   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   4:25 Round 2 of 3, 9:25 Total Bout Page
Dan Hooker   defeats   Nasrat Haqparast   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Chris Daukaus   defeats   Shamil Abdurakhimov   via KO/TKO, Right Cross to Ground Strikes   1:23 Round 2 of 3, 6:23 Total Bout Page
Taila Santos   defeats   Roxanne Modafferi   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jalin Turner   defeats   Uros Medic   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   4:01 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Nick Maximov   defeats   Cody Brundage   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Matthew Semelsberger   defeats   Martin Sano   via KO/TKO, Right Cross   0:15 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Jonathan Pearce   defeats   Omar Morales   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   3:31 Round 2 of 3, 8:31 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 14

HiDefff
HiDefff

09.22.2021 | 8:21 AM ET

Predictions: 10 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 550 Points   |   Tied for 2780th

I find it a little bit concerning that Diaz wanted a weight class change 4 days before his comeback fight after 7 years. 
RangerJW
RangerJW
  • Predictions:  3,058  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  434
  • Post Score: 348

09.22.2021 | 10:14 AM ET

@HiDefff

Predictions: 11 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 670 Points   |   Tied for 1138th

Has the move to middleweight been confirmed? Last I read, Robbie hadn't accepted it yet.
HiDefff
HiDefff

09.22.2021 | 10:21 AM ET

Yea Dana said last night that Robby texted him that "he will hit him up when he lands so they can have a talk" 

So its not confirmed but I can imagine the UFC throwing some extra cash at Robby to keep the fight a go. Wouldn't be a Diaz fight week without a little headache to the UFC would it lol 
HiDefff
HiDefff

09.22.2021 | 12:19 PM ET

Nasrat still doesnt have his visa yet. he's hoping to have it tomorrow by 7:30 AM. Hopes to catch an 11 AM flight to Vegas. Doesn't sound very promising. 
Tosh
Tosh
  • Predictions:  9,850  |  67.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,128
  • Post Score: 180

09.22.2021 | 12:21 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 605 Points   |   Tied for 2111th

DUCK--to go back a few pages, you are right about both anyone on a given day winning a fight, and that Schevchenko is almost certainly going to win.  Murphy is big and strong for this weight class.  Her feints and head movement are good, she cuts off the cage and likes to grind and dirty box, which I personally enjoy watching.  Yes, she is slow and not as technically perfect as other fighters, and yes, I agree that Lauren got this fight because there aren't many others to chooose from.  But, some people just can't see past betting odds, and by that I mean
PlusMoneyGod, who also called the DIAZ v. LAWLER bout an "old dust mop fight."  
He name confirms that his love is for money, while the rest of us love MMA, and are loyal to all of it--not just the new, upcoming, big name fighters, but the ones who paved the way for them.

"He who hesitates meditates in a horizontal position""

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke
  • Predictions:  29,494  |  80.7%
  • Forum Posts:  4,550
  • Post Score: 236

09.22.2021 | 12:40 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 10 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 640 Points   |   Tied for 1636th

Volkanovski vs. Ortega
Alexander Volkanovski, DEC
Just a matter of volume

Shevchenko vs. Murphy
Valentina Shevchenko, DEC
Valentina by decision is probably plus money, and I'm a man who looks at patterns. She has alternated dec and finish, and Murphy is pretty damn tough.

Lawler vs. Diaz II
Robbie Lawler, DEC
Diaz not being able to make the weight is worrisome, I have to pick the more active fighter even if he's been losing. Glad the odds are even though because this is a true coin flip

Blaydes vs. Rozenstruik
Curtis Blaydes, DEC
wrasslin

Andrade vs. Calvillo
Jéssica Andrade, DEC
The KO could come, but Calvillo is really tough so I think she'll just look like hamburger at the end of 15 minutes

Moraes vs. Dvalishvili
Merab Dvalishvili, DEC
I'm sorry but this is free money

Hooker vs. Haqparast
Nasrat Haqparast, DEC
I hate visa issues, neither of these warriors is going to be at 100% when this thing goes down and it's a shame. I think Haqparast digs deep to win with volume

"Throughout my career I've learned that "If you win you're the ****, if you lose it's bad." - Bruno "Blindadao" Silva"

brandonk
brandonk
  • Predictions:  3,846  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  377
  • Post Score: 93

09.22.2021 | 12:53 PM ET

Predictions: 11 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 655 Points   |   Tied for 1348th

Where's that guy with the Usman picture so I can fade his picks..
PlusmoneyGod
PlusmoneyGod
  • Predictions:  576  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  764
  • Post Score: -48

09.22.2021 | 1:18 PM ET

Predictions: 10 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 595 Points   |   Tied for 2210th

Moorlady how is Bueno Silva lost to Moroz telling? What did it tell you?

Fiorot and Moroz are not alike. Moroz is a quick striker with good footwork, heavy volume and less power (which makes sense because she fought 115 early in her career). Fiorot's style is pressure and power punching with low volume and judicious striking. Moroz never pressured Bueno at any point of their fight, Fiorot pressures in every fight she's in. Fiorot's style is more like Bueno Silva's. Just information for any one who wanted a correct analysis

* Edited at 09.22.2021, 1:48 PM ET *

"You people need a bad guy like me.... say good night to the bad guy ~Scarface "

PlusmoneyGod
PlusmoneyGod

09.22.2021 | 1:20 PM ET

FistyMcKickerChoke Valentina by dec is +200, great minds think alike

"You people need a bad guy like me.... say good night to the bad guy ~Scarface "

DivineUlt
DivineUlt
  • Predictions:  920  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  152
  • Post Score: 106

09.22.2021 | 1:29 PM ET

Predictions: 10 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 630 Points   |   Tied for 1735th

Where’s that schmuck with the usman pic so i can fade his picks too

"I’m not impressed by your performance"

PlusmoneyGod
PlusmoneyGod

09.22.2021 | 1:36 PM ET

Tosh ahh glad you gave Duck guy a friend.
My 'love for money trumps love for MMA'....? Because I don't wanna watch 2 old hasbeens in the octagon just due to a name they made for themshelves 2 presidents ago when they were in their prime? That makes you the casual bright guy.. Maybe it makes more sense that I actually know up and coming fighters who would put on a better fight in that spot on Saturday than 2 geriatrics... Maybe I just watch more MMA than you so I see how old (especially inactive) fighters perform. I watched Yoel Romero last weekend THE ENTIRE FIGHT. I watched Rua vs Nogueira THE ENTIRE FIGHT. I watched Condit beat McGee and Brown in snoozer fashion just to get handled by Max Griffin and then retire. Some people just know more than others, that would be me > you. It has 0 to do with money.
Please explain to me what betting odds would have to do with my interest in the Diaz vs Lawler fight so I can have a good laugh? Your logic is baffling to me but then again you're the only guy who wants to talk about Lauren Murphy with Duck so you can't be that smart.

* Edited at 09.22.2021, 1:53 PM ET *

Dankmemes112
Dankmemes112
  • Predictions:  1,079  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  245
  • Post Score: 294

09.22.2021 | 1:43 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 515 Points   |   Tied for 3052nd

Medic vs. Turner
Uros Medic, TKO, R1
I know a lot of people are high on Medic, I'm not quite on the hype train right now but I do think he can win this one. Not confident in my pick though, Turner is a very good striker but I feel like with his tall stance Medic can explode early and land some power shots. Medic has yet to be tested outside the beginning of round 2, if Turner can drag it out to round 2 and 3 then we might get a completely different fighter out of Medic. That being said though I think Medic can land something early and finish this fight, wouldn't be surprised if Turner wins however, very goof fight

PlusmoneyGod
PlusmoneyGod

09.22.2021 | 1:46 PM ET

Tosh hopefully duck sees that only idiots come out the wood works to engage in this dumb conversation he wanted to have 

If I couldn't see past betting odds wouldn't I be taking Murphy smart guy? As the plusmoneygod, Why would I wanna pick a -1115 favorite over +650? Make that make sense. 

Murphy has a chance to win, it's a fight. You know what else has a chance of happening? There's a chance the moon falls out of the sky and crushes you while you sleep at night... let's talk about that while we are sitting here talking about fantasies.

Favorites lose when they are lazy unmotivated and/or unfocused. Valentina is one of the most dominant athletes in the world and that is because she is one of the most hard working. She trained with Rose (hard sparring on occasion) last camp and if that wasnt enough, trained with Brandon Moreno this camp. Yea yea good analysis on Murphy but are you gonna pick her, if not then like I told him, **** about. You can't even mention a good reason you want to talk about Murphy

* Edited at 09.22.2021, 1:55 PM ET *

PlusmoneyGod
PlusmoneyGod

09.22.2021 | 1:57 PM ET

HiDefff the fight should be postponed, we should see these guys fight at their best

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick
  • Predictions:  9,727  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,779
  • Post Score: 273

09.22.2021 | 2:05 PM ET

Predictions: 0 of 1 Winners, 0 Perfect, 0 Points   |   Tied for 4223rd

Typical Diaz, just when I think the guy is back and mature and calculated, he's not. Very rare for people to change. 

"For no particular reason beat up everyone"

HiDefff
HiDefff

09.22.2021 | 2:12 PM ET

I do agree that they should be fighting at their best but at some point I have to think some of it is on them a little bit. Fights been scheduled for a while. If you're in a country that's being ******y with Visa's due to Corvid then GTFO early to be sure. I understand Hooker has a wife and kids and Nasrats mom died 2 weeks ago. This is your career tho. This feeds those kids and pays for Nasrat as well. Why the **** are you just now trying to leave this locked down country 3 days before the fight. should have been working on coming to Vegas 2-3 weeks ago and getting here a month early if you have too. instead now you're in a rush and everything is going to be harder. The fight could be less of a fight because of it. Extenuating circumstances suck but you have to make sure your career comes first if you really want to be a champion. If you're just doing it for the paycheck then it is a little more understandable. 
2021.09.22 2:27 PM ET

bout status update

Fiorot vs. Bueno Silva Changed from Confirmed to Cancelled
Erison
Erison
  • Predictions:  1,678  |  65.4%
  • Forum Posts:  4,896
  • Post Score: 227

09.22.2021 | 2:33 PM ET

Predictions: 12 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 745 Points   |   Tied for 293rd

Seems like somethings up. Hooker and Arman are tweeting back and forth about fighting this weekend. Arman says he would but can't because of his ribs.

They're talking like the Nasrat fight is confirmed off.
HiDefff
HiDefff

09.22.2021 | 2:34 PM ET

Ok ok *** is going on

HiDefff
HiDefff

09.22.2021 | 2:35 PM ET

McKinney really wants this fight 
HiDefff
HiDefff

09.22.2021 | 2:43 PM ET

Also seems like Lawler agreed to the MW change BTW. Reports are he was asked about the weight change and his response was "I'm ready to fight" 

Page 14

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : PGF World Season 6: Best Of Day 2
  • MMA Junkie : UFC champion Islam Makhachev not excited by potential Max Holloway matchup – not yet, at least
  • MMA Mania : Bull-Riding Cerrone ‘Rushed Into Surgery’
  • MMA Junkie : Ex-Bellator title challenger Alejandra Lara gets replacement opponent for Combate Global debut
  • MMAFighting.com : Caio Borralho questions why Paulo Costa can’t fix ‘basic’ mistake that led Robert Whittaker loss
  • MMA Mania : How, When To Buy Tickets For UFC 303
  • MMA Junkie : UFC champ Dricus Du Plessis on board with Jiri Prochazka moving to middleweight
  • Middle Easy : Anthony Smith is Blinded by His Own UFC Title Aspirations: ‘It’s Making Me a Worse Fighter’
  • Bad Left Hook : Morrell vs Kalajdzic and Cruz vs Moran set for Aug. 3
  • MMA Junkie : Cedric Doumbe gets new opponent for Bellator Champions Series in Paris
  • MMAFighting.com : Leon Edwards’ coach: Belal Muhammad ‘was looking for a way out’ in first fight
  • MMAFighting.com : Leon Edwards’ coach: Belal Muhammad was ‘was looking for a way out’ after eye poke in first fight
  • MMA Junkie : PFL signs Melissa Balic to multifight deal ahead of professional debut
  • UFC.com : Austin Hubbard Welcomes What Is Unpredictable
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! Watch UFC Vegas 91 Media Day!
  • MMA Junkie : Video: 'UFC on ESPN 55: Nicolau vs. Perez' media day live stream
  • MMAFighting.com : Cedric Doumbe lands new opponent for Bellator Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Leon Edwards' coach expects Belal Muhammad next, says he 'was looking for a way out' in first fight
  • MMA Mania : ‘Bones’ Back In Camp
  • MMAFighting.com : Jon Jones returns to training for first time since suffering pectoral injury