Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Makhachev vs. Moisés

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  32,976
  • Post Score: 47

03.24.2021 | 4:35 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
  • Saturday 07.17.2021 at 07:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN
  • Name: UFC Fight Night: Makhachev vs. Moisés
  • Also Known As: UFC on ESPN 26
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: UFC APEX
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Paul Felder, Michael Bisping
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Paul Felder
  • TV Ratings: 867,000 avg. viewers (1.2M peak, 558k ESPN prelims)
  • MMA Bouts: 10
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Islam Makhachev   defeats   Thiago Moisés   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   2:38 Round 4 of 5, 17:38 Total Bout Page
Miesha Tate   defeats   Marion Reneau   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   1:53 Round 3 of 3, 11:53 Total Bout Page
Mateusz Gamrot   defeats   Jeremy Stephens   via Submission, Kimura   1:05 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Rodolfo Vieira   defeats   Dustin Stoltzfus   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   1:54 Round 3 of 3, 11:54 Total Bout Page
Billy Quarantillo   defeats   Gabriel Benítez   via KO/TKO, Punches From Back Control   3:40 Round 3 of 3, 13:40 Total Bout Page
Daniel Rodriguez   defeats   Preston Parsons   via KO/TKO, Punches   3:47 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Amanda Lemos   defeats   Montserrat Conejo Ruiz   via KO/TKO, Counter Right   0:35 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Sergey Morozov   defeats   Khalid Taha   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Malcolm Gordon   defeats   Francisco Figueiredo   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Rodrigo Nascimento   vs.   Alan Baudot   Ends in a No Contest, Punches (standing TKO)   1:29 Round 2 of 3, 6:29 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 49

Thewelshguy1998
Thewelshguy1998
  • Predictions:  604  |  58.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,054
  • Post Score: 242

07.18.2021 | 1:08 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 10 Winners, 0 Perfect, 495 Points   |   Tied for 1111th

Tieoken thought you'd have picked gamrot 
Eaganoe
Eaganoe
  • Predictions:  976  |  59.4%
  • Forum Posts:  592
  • Post Score: 202

Erison

Predictions: 8 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 495 Points   |   Tied for 1127th

Dan v Tony would be beyond exciting, because Dan won't hold him down and **** his brains out

"I can see the black mountain"

Spudgreg
Spudgreg
  • Predictions:  2,453  |  60.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,728
  • Post Score: 189

Predictions: 8 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 470 Points   |   Tied for 1473rd

Oh you hide your picks or don’t make any. Just ignore him dcpredictions we all have bad cards sometimes 
Eaganoe
Eaganoe
  • Predictions:  976  |  59.4%
  • Forum Posts:  592
  • Post Score: 202

07.18.2021 | 1:09 AM ET

Spudgreg

Predictions: 8 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 495 Points   |   Tied for 1127th

I think Benny vs Justin would be more suited, then Islam vs chandler.

"I can see the black mountain"

depmode33
depmode33
  • Predictions:  248  |  57.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,383
  • Post Score: 183

07.18.2021 | 1:17 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 405 Points   |   Tied for 2436th

Islam is a great fighter and I'm happy for his win tonight but his only weakness that I see is that he might have a questionable chin.  Once you get knocked the F out at least one time in your career, it's inevitable that it will happen again at some point.  That's the main difference between him and Khabib whereas Khabib has a granite chin but the jury is still out on Islam.  But these Dagestani boys are nightmare matchups for any fighter, it takes someone with elite wrestling and elite boxing ability to take these boys out.  

GSP in his prime is the perfect type of fighter to beat these Dagestani boys.  I don't know who now is similar to GSP from 2007 to 2013.  The version of GSP after the Serra loss that ramped up his wrestling abilities and perfected a patient boxing strategy.

* Edited at 07.18.2021, 1:19 AM ET *

Thewelshguy1998
Thewelshguy1998
  • Predictions:  604  |  58.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,054
  • Post Score: 242

07.18.2021 | 1:18 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 10 Winners, 0 Perfect, 495 Points   |   Tied for 1111th

Figuereido little bro is 👎🏻 
D rods hands are way to powerful for his weight class 
Lemos is ******* good another Brazilian woman on a different level 
Morozov looked insane not because of his offensive, the way he just shut everything taha had down and outclassed him defensively, like a few of the other Russian speaking fighters, they are great at fighting defensively I feel
Quarantillo just doesn't give his opponents room to breathe the whole fight 
UncleDML
UncleDML
  • Predictions:  1,285  |  60.9%
  • Forum Posts:  205
  • Post Score: 76

07.18.2021 | 1:19 AM ET

Predictions: 0 of 0 Winners, 0 Perfect, 0 Points   |   Tied for 3651st

Finally some $ made on fight night, been a long rime since me last parlay came through 😂😂😂 

"Per aspera ad astra"

ZoomerBet
ZoomerBet
  • Predictions:  2,962  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,135
  • Post Score: 269

07.18.2021 | 1:27 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 505 Points   |   Tied for 1011th

I hope they make Gaethje v Islam just to **** with Ali Abdelasleaze

"Excuse me guys, I want to say something. I want to stay humble, but I have to talk because you guys talk too much"

UncleDML
UncleDML
  • Predictions:  1,285  |  60.9%
  • Forum Posts:  205
  • Post Score: 76

07.18.2021 | 1:38 AM ET

Predictions: 0 of 0 Winners, 0 Perfect, 0 Points   |   Tied for 3651st

That is kinda what I feel, guys fighting iq is unbelievable although it might be mine UFC Junkie craziness. At some point someone will check it but I feel like this guy is a villain mastermind and just bait everyone to feel like they've control just to take advantage after 

* Edited at 07.18.2021, 1:39 AM ET *

"Per aspera ad astra"

Duke76
Duke76
  • Predictions:  2  |  100.0%
  • Forum Posts:  54
  • Post Score: 131

07.18.2021 | 1:56 AM ET

UPDATE: Thiago just put his much-hyped BJJ black belt up for sale on eBay. I don't blame him after that putrid performance. One of you Thiago fanboys who thought he would give Islam a tough fight should buy it. He's offering free shipping.
Fremen
Fremen
  • Predictions:  1,368  |  64.5%
  • Forum Posts:  3,579
  • Post Score: 218

07.18.2021 | 2:15 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 585 Points   |   Tied for 114th

Islam vs. RDJ
Gamrot vs. Arman

* Edited at 07.18.2021, 2:16 AM ET *

"****."

DCpredictions
DCpredictions
  • Predictions:  1,644  |  59.4%
  • Forum Posts:  842
  • Post Score: 141

07.18.2021 | 2:59 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 0 Perfect, 345 Points   |   Tied for 2995th

@dukey76 damn you were really holding back on that one,without a comment on bets of course, from when I pointed you out as ******** and now knowing how odds work since you suggested you would make "a killing" by betting the 69% percent of favorites not acknowledging that 40% of them are 3 to 1 (money wise btw) favorites up to the Nunes and shevchekno are over 1 to 10 odds to break even. All while you decided a stranger disagreed with you online so you had to write up a whole essay about how he was wrong for saying only bet underdogs. I've been checking on this thread daily in my spare time and haven't seen you make one prediction. Why? So you can cherry pick the ones you get right and comment about those only. If that. Usually just wait for predictions you see wrong even it half the time + you didn't even make a prediction on that fight. You're ******* ******** and you're specially selecting moments you're not to make you feel better. Btw the smaller Iost this week that I couldn't care about besides the fact of being wrong which I hate, is more than you make outside of it for a week. Probably because you're not old/mature enough to have a real job. And you pretend you bet money on the anonymous forum. 
DCpredictions
DCpredictions
  • Predictions:  1,644  |  59.4%
  • Forum Posts:  842
  • Post Score: 141

07.18.2021 | 3:02 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 0 Perfect, 345 Points   |   Tied for 2995th

@Spudgreg thanks, not the best predictions by far but I didn't decent on my bets only losing a small chuck. **** happens. Still plenty up from the get go this year. 
BetAgainstMe2Win
BetAgainstMe2Win
  • Predictions:  530  |  56.2%
  • Forum Posts:  99
  • Post Score: 230

07.18.2021 | 3:03 AM ET

@duke76

Predictions: 7 of 10 Winners, 0 Perfect, 410 Points   |   Tied for 2409th

link? depending on price i wanna buy and gift to islam lol!
DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,542
  • Post Score: 262

07.18.2021 | 3:36 AM ET

Duke

Predictions: 8 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 500 Points   |   Tied for 1100th

**** up ****, way to much attitude for a guy who made 2’picks, Rule 1 of Tap, make picks or ****

* Edited at 07.18.2021, 4:04 AM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,326  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,484
  • Post Score: 203

07.18.2021 | 5:49 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 10 Winners, 0 Perfect, 380 Points   |   Tied for 2689th

People need to pump the breaks on Islam Makhachev imho. The dude is good, and I understand the hype. But I don't think there is much argument for him going out and beating the Top 5's of the division right now. He is basically Khabib Lite despite people acting like he's the better version of Khabib. In my opinion, literally everything Makhachev does good, Khabib clearly did much better. At least IMO. I'm not saying he can't get there. But wins over Tsarukyan, Ramos, Dober, and Moises don't hold much weight compared to the Top Five or so that Islam is gunning for. Keep in mind; I think Moises is very underrated, I think Dober is very underrated, and I think Tsarukyan has all the potential in the world. They're big wins, don't get me wrong, but it says nothing about how he'd fare against Chandler, Gaethje, Do Bronx, Poirier, RDA, etc. 

With that being said, he could almost definitely beat Tony and Dan Hooker. Those are the fights he should be gunning for at the moment. 

Miesha Tate being "back" does nothing for me. She's a fraction of what she used to be and even at her best she was still pretty meh. Good for her, I guess. But a win over 67-year-old Marion Reneau? Cool. 

Here's my Hot Take of the ******* century. I think - right now - Mateusz Gamrot has more upside than Islam Makhachev. People won't like that, but I believe it. Yes, Gamrot is a year older, sure. But I've been so high on this dude since his early KSW days and I still am. He is excellent everywhere and I think skill-for-skill he's comparable to a guy like Michael Chandler. I can't say that about Islam Makhachev right now. And fact of the matter is, if you give Gamrot a fight against Thiago Moises, I'd bet money that Gamrot takes him out quicker. 

I won't say Islam doesn't deserve the spotlight, because he does. But maybe start giving Mateusz Gamrot some of the spotlight as well, because I legitimately think he deserves & will get it. 

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

Duke76
Duke76

07.18.2021 | 6:15 AM ET

DC, it's funny that this is an MMA forum because you just don't know when to tap out. I said that the other guy who believes that you can't get anywhere betting on favorites is the dumbest person in the history of the internet. I stand corrected. You are the new king of the imbeciles. You have the IQ of an amoeba.

Regarding my previous comment that you referenced (I'm glad you are a fan of my work), you made an assumption about what I meant. You were wrong (as you are all the time with your bets), but I didn't bother to correct you because you are a meaningless waste of oxygen. You didn't merit a reply. However, now you amuse me, so what the hell? When I said you can make a lot of money betting on favorites, I didn't mean EVERY favorite. I mean SPECIFIC favorites, like O'Malley, Islam, and Amanda. Any person with a first grade education would know what I meant.....which would explain why you were ******* clueless.

Yes, you caught me. I lied about my bets. Because impressing a bunch of total strangers (most of whom are ******s) is very important to me. I live for your approval. Look, I get it, you read my comment and got very jealous of the 4-bet $3400 parlay I hit. Then you got even more jealous about the $1800 I won with my Usman/Shevchenko parlay (who would ever think to bet on those two, right?). You are angry because you are a degenerate who has a failed system. Your "units" and prop bets aren't working. So you need to lash out. I would too if I were you. However, you should be thanking me because I just gave you the best gambling advice you will ever get. Stop betting on props. Stop betting on any fighter who is less than -500. Parlay huge favorites and cash in. But if you are only betting your pay from Burger King, you aren't going to get far.

And I will even give you another piece of advice (because you are my charity case). Don't bet every week. The more you bet, the more you will lose. Be EXTREMELY SELECTIVE with your bets. Self-control and patience are a gambler's biggest assets. This week, Islam is the only guy I bet on. Next week, I won't bet on anybody because there are no monster favorites. But I am sure YOU will be placing bets like crazy next week with your trusty "units."

One final piece of advice. If you think there is even the slightest possibility that a bet could lose, don't place it. I am 100% confident in every bet I place. When Islam was fighting, I didn't think there was any possibility Thiago would win. I just kicked back with a cold beer and thought about my $1900 that I will win when Amanda brings home the final leg of my parlay. Unlike you, who sweats profusely on every bet you make.

Finally, I want to amend something. I said I bet big, but $4k isn't even big. To any educated person with a good job, $4k is nothing. That's why I can bet that amount without even thinking about it. But to you, $4k is a fortune. You can't imagine someone risking that much, so you think I'm lying, which is hilarious. I believe you have never had $4k in your bank account at any point in your life. Don't you dare tell me I'm wrong. If I ever reached the point in my life where $4k was a lot of money to me, I think I would end it all.

I just gave you some sound gambling advice. Will you use it? Nope. People are degenerates for a reason. Btw, is that you in your profile pic? If that's what you look like, I will stop ridiculing you. With that face, you have already experienced way too much heartbreak in your life.

Duke76
Duke76

07.18.2021 | 6:24 AM ET

Damien!!!

I remember you!!!! You are the ****nut who said he "learned anything can happen by watching MMA." Quite possibly the dumbest statement ever in the history of humanity.

Why do they allow people in psych wards to have internet access?
KingT96
KingT96
  • Predictions:  424  |  59.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5
  • Post Score: 360

07.18.2021 | 9:54 AM ET

****** over by two figgys this year 🙃

Predictions: 9 of 10 Winners, 3 Perfect, 620 Points   |   Tied for 31st with 9 others

"Invest, don’t gamble. "

CD816
CD816
  • Predictions:  3,089  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  34
  • Post Score: 156

07.18.2021 | 9:54 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 555 Points   |   Tied for 273rd

LW Matchups for the future

Charles vs Dustin for the belt
Benny vs Justin for #1 Contender
Chandler vs RDA 
Islam vs Tony (since we never got Khabib vs Tony)
Gregor vs Brad Riddell
Hooker vs Moises
Gamrot vs Tsarukyan

"This town needs an enema!" - Jack Napier

Page 49

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : ‘MMA Media Hates Me,’ Ronda Rousey Reacts To Career Backlash & ‘How Happily Everybody Turned’ On UFC Star
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: It PAYS To Be King
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Reveals His ‘Crazy’ Behavior Was a Publicity Stunt Planned Months in Advance
  • MMA Mania : ‘99.9%’ Chance Edwards Vs. Muhammad 2 Happens At UFC 304
  • MMA Junkie : The 10 largest UFC attendances in history
  • MMA Mania : ‘MMA Media Hates Me, It’s Fine’
  • Middle Easy : Jiri Prochazka Doubles Down On Callout For Alex Pereira Rematch At UFC 301: ‘I Think I Deserve It’
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Goes Off On Logan Paul For Child Trafficking Comments, Claims He Will ‘Destroy’ Paul In Boxing Match
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway's coach breaks down matchup against 'oversized bantamweight' Ilia Topuria
  • MMAFighting.com : Lyoto Machida ‘already breathing fire’ after Luke Rockhold callout, interested in Karate Combat rematch
  • MMA Mania : ‘It’s Crazy That Something Like This Is Happening At This Level’
  • MMA Junkie : Islam Makhachev's coach: 'Biggest threat' Justin Gaethje no longer in UFC title picture
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Whoever wants to fight Ryan, he feels comfortable at 144’: De La Hoya talks next steps for Garcia
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Whoever wants to fight Ryan, he feels comfortable at 144’: Oscar De La Hoya talks next steps for Ryan Garcia
  • MMA Mania : Double Champ Islam Next? ‘I Already Beat All These Guys’
  • MMAFighting.com : Justin Gaethje: It’ll be ‘6 months, at least, before I get back to taking shots’ after UFC 300 loss
  • MMA Junkie : Manon Fiorot open to Maycee Barber fight – but only if interim UFC flyweight title at stake
  • MMA Junkie : Arman Tsarukyan fires back at Michael Chandler: 'You are just waiting for a paycheck'
  • MMAFighting.com : Islam Makhachev not interested in Max Holloway matchup: ‘Maybe if he wins his next fight’
  • Bad Left Hook : PODCAST: How much credit does Ryan Garcia deserve for beating Devin Haney?