Topic: UFC 264

UFC 264: Poirier vs. McGregor 3

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  32,944
  • Post Score: 47

03.23.2021 | 9:12 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC 264
  • Saturday 07.10.2021 at 10:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: ESPN
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: T-Mobile Arena
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Joe Rogan, Daniel Cormier
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Joe Rogan
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $15,759,800
  • Attendance: 20,062
  • PPV Buys / Buyrate: 1,504,737 | TV Ratings: 1.6M avg. viewers (ESPN prelims)
  • MMA Bouts: 12
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Dustin Poirier   defeats   Conor McGregor   via KO/TKO, Doctor Stoppage (broken Ankle)   5:00 Round 1 of 5 Bout Page
Gilbert Burns   defeats   Stephen Thompson   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Tai Tuivasa   defeats   Greg Hardy   via KO/TKO, Counter Hook to Ground and Pound   1:07 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Irene Aldana   defeats   Yana Santos   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   4:35 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Sean O'Malley   defeats   Kris Moutinho   via KO/TKO, Punches (standing TKO)   4:33 Round 3 of 3, 14:33 Total Bout Page
Max Griffin   defeats   Carlos Condit   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Michel Pereira   defeats   Niko Price   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Ilia Topuria   defeats   Ryan Hall   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   4:47 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Dricus Du Plessis   defeats   Trevin Giles   via KO/TKO, Right Cross to Ground and Pound   1:41 Round 2 of 3, 6:41 Total Bout Page
Jennifer Maia   defeats   Jessica Eye   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Brad Tavares   defeats   Omari Akhmedov   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Zhalgas Zhumagulov   defeats   Jerome Rivera   via Submission, Standing Guillotine Choke   2:02 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page

Responses Page 9

el_tabarnako
el_tabarnako
  • Predictions:  5,563  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  83
  • Post Score: 127

06.28.2021 | 3:48 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 630 Points   |   Tied for 528th

"Hold on, I'm talking brother"

Rusty101
Rusty101
  • Predictions:  177  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  26
  • Post Score: 192

06.28.2021 | 5:43 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 465 Points   |   Tied for 2644th

Poirier vs. McGregor III
Dustin Poirier, SUB, R3
Conor got too fixed on his boxing strategies and has lost his movement that made him special. Hard to see him reverse that now. Also he is the boss of his own training and dosen't listen to his coaches. He is also deluded about his own fights and often thinks he has won when he clearly hasn't. Cant see him winning this. Dustin will take his neck.

Burns vs. Thompson
Stephen Thompson, TKO, R2
Thompson will keep Burns at range and KO him. Burns won't be able to take him down as he trains with Weidman and will know how to defend grappling and takedowns

Tuivasa vs. Hardy
Tai Tuivasa, TKO, R2
Tuivasa is taking training really seriously now. Check out his Instagram, he is in shape and will have better boxing, combinations and cardio. Unless Greg takes him down he is done.

Aldana vs. Kunitskaya
Yana Kunitskaya, DEC
Yana will clinch her and take her down if needed. Aldana showed low IQ against Holm and will lose to the stronger girl with a better clinch game here.

O'Malley vs. Smolka
Sean O'Malley, TKO, R1
Cmon, not even close.

Griffin vs. Condit
Max Griffin, DEC
Not very confident about this but I think Griffin has better movement and speed at this point. Also will likely take Condit down and keep him on his back for 2 out of 3 rounds.

Price vs. Pereira
Michel Pereira, SUB, R3
My least confident pick but I think Pereira has the grappling edge which will prove the deciding factor.

Du Plessis vs. Giles
Trevin Giles, DEC
As much as I dislike Giles I think Du Plessis is over rated. He did not look good against Perez despite landing the KO and has not fought good competition. How good is his gas tank? Not very good I'd guess.

Hall vs. Topuria
Ilia Topuria, TKO, R1
Not even close. Hall is older, slower and Topuria will keep it standing with his Greko wrestling. Only chance for Hall is a heel hook and we know in MMA that usually ends with Ground and pound to the face. BJJ does not equal MMA.

Maia vs. Eye
Jennifer Maia, DEC
Expecting a boring ass grapple fest. Should not be on the main card.

Akhmedov vs. Tavares
Omari Akhmedov, DEC
Tavares has good take down defence, but against whom? Shoeface? Cmon. Ahkmedov is going to take him down and keep him down. Only worry is if he tires out.

Zhumagulov vs. Rivera
Zhalgas Zhumagulov, DEC
Again, stay away from betting this fight. The odds on Zhumagulov are terrible and Rivera while not being good at all has a massive reach and size advantage. Also has decent BJJ off his back. Dangerous fight to pick.

Amedovski vs. Hu
Yaozong Hu, TKO, R1
It's a fade on the older fighter. Not confident. Both have weak ass chins and have not fought in forever. Giving it to Hu because he is younger, used to fight at heavyweight and will be much bigger. Expecting a slop fest while it lasts. Lock is fight to not go the distance.

AaronJCodonaa
AaronJCodonaa
  • Predictions:  1,749  |  64.6%
  • Forum Posts:  48
  • Post Score: 260

06.28.2021 | 6:33 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 405 Points   |   Tied for 3301st

Burns vs. Thompson
Gilbert Burns, SUB, R2
I cannot believe people are so certain on Wonderboy taking this. I have gone back and forward 20 times by now. I literally have no idea who wins this. **** it, let's go Burns by entanglement.

Hall vs. Topuria
Ilia Topuria, DEC
If Hall grabs a limb..

Benzin95
Benzin95
  • Predictions:  91  |  63.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 300

06.28.2021 | 7:27 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 3 of 6 Winners, 2 Perfect, 200 Points   |   Tied for 4492nd

Poirier vs. McGregor III
Conor McGregor, TKO, R3
surprise surprise the king is back

Akira47
Akira47
  • Predictions:  1,603  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  2
  • Post Score: 300

06.28.2021 | 12:36 PM ET

Ryan Hall!!!

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 465 Points   |   Tied for 2644th

Season 22 winner for a reason. Not as active but definitely dedicated. Ryan hall will finally step back in and hand topuria his first L. 1st or 3rd round submission. (ANKLE 🔐) Or an obvious decision. I don't see Ryan getting clipped because every time a guy gets within two feet Ryan will drop in his unusual ways and avoid the collision. Loving this underdog situation. 

"Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world"

Erison
Erison
  • Predictions:  1,678  |  65.4%
  • Forum Posts:  4,896
  • Post Score: 227

06.28.2021 | 4:44 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 530 Points   |   Tied for 1670th

Greg Hardy looked like the real deal in the first round against Tybura. Punching in combination, doing damage, good footwork. Like he was finally ready to take the next step.

Then round two started and he literally melted. I feel like Tai can make him work at least that hard.
HiDefff
HiDefff

06.28.2021 | 4:52 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 505 Points   |   Tied for 2125th

So stipe could be HW champ for 2 years and not defend with no problem. Francis has the belt for 3 months and UFC already making an interim HW title fight........ Who the **** did Francis piss off at the UFC 

* Edited at 06.28.2021, 4:55 PM ET *

HiDefff
HiDefff

06.28.2021 | 4:53 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 505 Points   |   Tied for 2125th

@Erison They should have let him use the inhaler lol 
Erison
Erison
  • Predictions:  1,678  |  65.4%
  • Forum Posts:  4,896
  • Post Score: 227

06.28.2021 | 5:29 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 530 Points   |   Tied for 1670th

lol, thats definitely a tough one. I cant imagine trying to be a pro athlete, mid asthma attack, and the commission is like "you better just drink some water".

* Edited at 06.28.2021, 5:29 PM ET *

Thewelshguy1998
Thewelshguy1998
  • Predictions:  604  |  58.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,054
  • Post Score: 242

06.28.2021 | 5:50 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 395 Points   |   Tied for 3435th

At least ufc 265 isn't as ****** now 
MrXRay
MrXRay
  • Predictions:  525  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  321
  • Post Score: 243

06.28.2021 | 6:50 PM ET

O’Malley vs Smolka annoys the hell out of me.

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 505 Points   |   Tied for 2022nd

Look, I’m not upset about this matchup because it makes Sean look like a can crusher. As far as I’m concerned, if you’re trying to put money on the table, fight whoever you can get. But Sean doesn’t approach it like that, he cherry picks fighters he absolutely believes he will dominate. Not beat, not have a competitive bout but ultimately win, dominate. He has no respect for anyone he fights in the ring. He himself has said he didn’t think Chito was a good fighter, and on his podcast where Smolka lost to Casey Kenney, he said he wanted to fight Smolka, implying he’s had him on his radar for a long time, completely aware of how easy it would be to outclass him with his 9/1 matchup. Which just makes this matchup look all the more…I dunno? Lame? Yeah, lame. I don’t mind can crushing as long as you don’t pretend you’re not one. If Sean is as good as he says he is, fight…I dunno, ******’ anyone else? Casey Kenney? Song Yadong? How about Chito again? He’ll fight literally anyone. Anyone that is actually good and not a guy who’s last win was against someone Sean already beat?

* Edited at 06.28.2021, 6:56 PM ET *

"This is my crown: (L)"

FireFist45
FireFist45
  • Predictions:  5,870  |  58.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,137
  • Post Score: 163

06.28.2021 | 9:59 PM ET

It's okay for TWO CLOWNS to fight each other...

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 390 Points   |   Tied for 3474th

Really.... its okay -- @MrXRay

Look at it this way....its a free square on your betting card for parlays or lineups if you play daily fantasy sports

Look at the positive -- Because Sean O'Malley is still going to claim he never lost that fight. He still going to claim he is best in the division and he is still going to rake in tons of casual fans who are just as much a clown as he is.  I love it actually... because the BIG REVEAL will happen again again once he is dumped into Top of the rankings ...

* Edited at 06.28.2021, 10:47 PM ET *

FireFist45
FireFist45

06.28.2021 | 10:02 PM ET

It's a snap crackle pop fight for Ryan Hall !!

@Akira47 - Hall has trained long enough and fought many fighters enough that he is going to get what he wants to win the fight... SUBMISSION !! 

* Edited at 06.28.2021, 10:03 PM ET *

FireFist45
FireFist45

06.28.2021 | 11:09 PM ET

His next fight will be a circus....

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  15,922  |  67.4%
  • Forum Posts:  32,034
  • Post Score: 88

06.28.2021 | 11:35 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 4 Perfect, 465 Points   |   Tied for 2703rd

Poirier vs. McGregor III
Dustin Poirier, TKO, R3
Despite being ko, McGregor was winning the first round against Poirier. However, I think this fight is happening too soon for McGregor to make serious changes. Yes, I do think he will put up a much better fight this time, but Dustin is in his prime and has just looked unstoppable recently (aside from that Khabib loss). I dont see dustin losing this at all, but Mcgregor has shocked the world before.

Burns vs. Thompson
Stephen Thompson, DEC
Burns has the obvious advantage with the grappling, but wonder boy knows how to keep it on the feet and is very good at doing so. Wonderboy is also a top three striker in the Ufc and he will use his kicks to keep distance and get the decision win. Could potentially see a finish if burns gets clipped with a solid kick (Man got ko by a jab cmon now).

Tuivasa vs. Hardy
Greg Hardy, TKO, R2
this is a striking match where hardy has a 5.5 inch reach advantage. Tai is very dangerous in the first round, dare I say first minute and he is 1-3 when the fight leaves the first round. Hardy's cardio is dog**** but he has been past the first round more times (1-1-0-1). Being a former NFL player, he is also more athletic and I think that is going to help him in this fight.

Aldana vs. Kunitskaya
Yana Kunitskaya, DEC
Im not sure if Irene has proved that she can hang at the tip top of the division; as evidenced by her last fight. Yana has been a champion and has beaten solid competition at bantamweight. Irene hits harder but Yana throws at a higher volume with an absurd 72% accuracy.

O'Malley vs. Smolka
Louis Smolka, SUB, R2
Ok hear me out real quick. I actually like Sean omalley but people are seriously overlooking this fight. Yes he deserves a top 10-15 opponent and he could honestly end up knocking Smolka out, but Smolka is going to give him a much tougher fight than people think. First, Smolka has never been knocked out in 25 fights and he's only been finished twice by submission. Second, he will have the advantage on the ground and most of his fights do go to the ground, so O'Malley (who is a brown belt) will have his ground game tested here. I want to reiterate, Sean will likely win but im throwing this prediction out here just to point out Smolka will pose a bigger threat than people think.

Griffin vs. Condit
Max Griffin, DEC
I actually want Condit to win this but im not confident in him here. He's looked good his last few fights but he's facing a really solid opponent here. Griffin is coming off a sick ko of song Kenan and has looked really good recently. Condit has never been knocked out before and even has the advantage on the ground but I dont think he's going to be able to deal with griffins striking.

Price vs. Pereira
Niko Price, DEC
I have a feeling pereira is going to utilize a lot of flashy moves for the fans; something he can only keep up for so long. Price definitely does not have an iron chin but I feel like he will be able to weather the storm and avoid getting hit by power shots. Im sure this will end inside the distance but im only choosing it going to decision because pereira is difficult to put away.

Du Plessis vs. Giles
Dricus Du Plessis, TKO, R2
Two really good MW prospects here. Dricus has been super impressive to me; he's got solid BJJ but also has some vicious hands. Both of Giles losses have come by submission but I can definitely see a ko here.

Hall vs. Topuria
Ilia Topuria, TKO, R1
I like Ryan Hall but this is a pretty tough fight for him. I personally think hall is at a higher level of BJJ than Topuria but he is going to end up on his back a lot as ilia lgoes for a lot of takedowns. he is comfortable on his back but all that bottom time is going to be unfavorable should this go to the judges. Ilia also has very good standup and can absolutely drop hall.

Maia vs. Eye
Jennifer Maia, DEC
I just really dont like Jessica Eye. Maia isn't that great but eye is **** imo. Not sure why she's getting a higher ranked opponent after losing to a lower ranked opponent.

Akhmedov vs. Tavares
Omari Akhmedov, DEC
100% this fight is going to decision. Both these guys have incredible chins and aren't heavy finishers. Tavares is going to have the experience advantage but I think Omari is more well rounded in his stand up and ground game.

Zhumagulov vs. Rivera
Zhalgas Zhumagulov, TKO, R2
more guys fighting for their first wins in the Ufc. Rivera is 0-3 and Zhumagulov is 0-2. Rivera is going to have a large height and reach advantage but he also has a weak chin. Zumagulov is definitely the better fighter and even though he hasn't won yet in the Ufc, both his losses are against top 15 prospects and in his previous promotion he has already beaten three guys now or formerly in the Ufc.

Amedovski vs. Hu
Alen Amedovski, TKO, R1
Both should be cut tbh no matter who wins or loses. Both are 0-2 in the Ufc against horrible competition (except for Jotko). Hu is bigger and likely has a better chin but I can't confidently pick Chinese MMA due to their 2021 track record thus far. Amedovski looks better on paper so im gonna go with him.

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

Thewelshguy1998
Thewelshguy1998

06.29.2021 | 1:25 AM ET

I know omalley a clown and all this but also him befriending Jake Paul and supporting 69 I feel this is his character and he's one of them who just grows off negative hate, he will eventually get to a title shot, yes he's playing it safe now getting a lot of casual fans because that means more business for him, but I also believe that he is training hard to become better I know it looks like he is being lazy and playing video games on twitch but I think the chito loss humbled him just a tiny bit I know it's not obvious to see, 
but what these guys post on social media and even say on the mic Sometimes is not truly themselves in real life
I just think omalley realised after the chito loss that there is a long way to go for him getting the belt and he realises he has to get better 

He knows him looking dominant over these lower level guys makes his money and fame go up in the meantime 
💯
Thewelshguy1998
Thewelshguy1998

06.29.2021 | 1:28 AM ET

id rather see him fighting better fighters tho 
DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,541
  • Post Score: 262

06.29.2021 | 2:12 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 585 Points   |   Tied for 971st

Sean  O'malley is average at best, , Dude fought 5 people who was going to smashed and are bottom fighter and wouldn't be shock if all of them are cut, And dude fought Chito who made him his ***** and knock him out cold in under a round, And Chito is known for start fighting in the second round. They is a reason why he fighting Smolka and it because Shelby know what up and if he fights anyone who not at risk of getting cut he get merked again. 

Edit: I think O'malley is also the lamest fighter in the UFC. You can't talk **** to the top guy like Yan, Sterling and Cody and then fight  people like Smolka and Almeda, It just ***** thing to do, either fight top guy or even decent fighter  or ****. 

* Edited at 06.29.2021, 2:21 AM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

SevenLakerSeth
SevenLakerSeth
  • Predictions:  4,728  |  65.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,191
  • Post Score: 143

06.29.2021 | 3:10 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 545 Points   |   Tied for 1463rd

What a lackluster poster. 
Thewelshguy1998
Thewelshguy1998

06.29.2021 | 7:12 AM ET

Does anyone think smolka wins 

Page 9

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : PODCAST: How much credit does Ryan Garcia deserve for beating Devin Haney?
  • Middle Easy : Israel Adesanya Reflects on His Iconic Rivlary with Alex Pereira: ‘I Just Knew That I Can Beat This Guy’
  • MMA Junkie : Mike Perry lauds Max Holloway for being in phenomenal shape compared to Justin Gaethje
  • MMA Mania : Arman Erodes ‘Iron’ Critique With ‘Exciting’ Rebuttal
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 92 Gets ‘Old School Boxing Poster’
  • Middle Easy : Islam Makhachev Plans to Challenge Welterweight Champ Leon Edwards Following UFC 302 Title Fight with Dustin Poirier
  • MMA Junkie : UFC's Stephen Thompson agrees that Michael Page 'could possibly be a very boring fight'
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 303 gets new bout between ranked fighters for McGregor vs. Chandler card
  • MMA Junkie : Dana White's Contender Series, Season 8 in the works with dates mapped out
  • MMA Mania : VIDEO: Sound & Pound — How Do We Rate UFC Vegas 91?
  • MMA Mania : Usman: Dunking Dana ‘10-7’d The Media’ At UFC 300
  • Middle Easy : Iranian MMA Fighter Attacked By Russian Crowd For Kicking Ring Girl, Hitting Opponent With Cheap Shots After Losing
  • Bad Left Hook : Tim Tszyu vs Vergil Ortiz Jr planned for Crawford-Madrimov undercard
  • MMA Junkie : Mayra Bueno Silva vs. Macy Chiasson added to UFC 303 for International Fight Week
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch famous Hollywood artist grade best and worst of MMA posters
  • UFC.com : The Flyweight Title Picture Comes Into Focus For The Next Month
  • MMA Junkie : Video: MMA fighter DQ'd after projectile vomiting blue liquid in the cage
  • UFC.com : Fighters on the Rise | UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Explains Why Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler Should Be A 165-Pound Title Fight
  • Bad Left Hook : Matchroom wins Ennis vs Crowley purse bid, targets July in Philadelphia