Topic: UFC 264

UFC 264: Poirier vs. McGregor 3

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  32,803
  • Post Score: 47

03.23.2021 | 9:12 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC 264
  • Saturday 07.10.2021 at 10:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: ESPN
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: T-Mobile Arena
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Joe Rogan, Daniel Cormier
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Joe Rogan
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $15,759,800
  • Attendance: 20,062
  • PPV Buys / Buyrate: 1,504,737 | TV Ratings: 1.6M avg. viewers (ESPN prelims)
  • MMA Bouts: 12
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Dustin Poirier   defeats   Conor McGregor   via KO/TKO, Doctor Stoppage (broken Ankle)   5:00 Round 1 of 5 Bout Page
Gilbert Burns   defeats   Stephen Thompson   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Tai Tuivasa   defeats   Greg Hardy   via KO/TKO, Counter Hook to Ground and Pound   1:07 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Irene Aldana   defeats   Yana Santos   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   4:35 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Sean O'Malley   defeats   Kris Moutinho   via KO/TKO, Punches (standing TKO)   4:33 Round 3 of 3, 14:33 Total Bout Page
Max Griffin   defeats   Carlos Condit   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Michel Pereira   defeats   Niko Price   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Ilia Topuria   defeats   Ryan Hall   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   4:47 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Dricus Du Plessis   defeats   Trevin Giles   via KO/TKO, Right Cross to Ground and Pound   1:41 Round 2 of 3, 6:41 Total Bout Page
Jennifer Maia   defeats   Jessica Eye   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Brad Tavares   defeats   Omari Akhmedov   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Zhalgas Zhumagulov   defeats   Jerome Rivera   via Submission, Standing Guillotine Choke   2:02 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page

Responses Page 23

Tosh
Tosh
  • Predictions:  9,838  |  67.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,128
  • Post Score: 180

07.07.2021 | 2:04 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 520 Points   |   Tied for 1833rd

McGregor was, is, and will always be a great fighter. That left hook has punished many a man.
But did you see him in the previous fight against Dustin??  The man was a shell of himself, his antics were on autopilot, his fierceness almost comical, and where was the roaring crowd of Irish/other rabid fans that we normally see?  They were present but nothing like the madness we've gotten used to with him.  When he walked out, I knew his heart wasn't in it, glad I took Poirier.
     So who will show up on Saturday night?  The gazillionaire whose well earned legacy is past, due to too many late nights and steak dinners, or a focused fighter who will not allow himself to forget who he is, a fierce warrior with the skills and cardio to punish and destroy anyone.
     If Poirier and his team develop (and adjust per round) to a game plan that frustrates and wears down Conor, there is a good chance for a finish. Or Conor will go with a punch and chatfest flurry in round one, looking for, and absolutely capable of throwing, a round one statement KO.  Who knows?
     All I really want is a battle, a long one, something we can all sink our teeth into, and a brilliant finish.

* Edited at 07.07.2021, 2:07 PM ET *

"He who hesitates meditates in a horizontal position""

Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

07.07.2021 | 2:48 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 6 Perfect, 625 Points   |   591st Place

O'Malley vs. Moutinho
Kris Moutinho, DEC
Even though Moutinho has loss by knockout recently, he is a tough guy to get out of there. I think Moutinho takes O’Malley’s best shots and toughs out a decision after O’Malley tires.

Make Dat Money
Make Dat Money
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  12
  • Post Score: -717

07.07.2021 | 2:55 PM ET

MAKE DAT MONEY!!!

Predictions: 0 of 0 Winners, 0 Perfect, 0 Points   |   Tied for 4748th

Omari Akhmedov has a good chance to win this upcoming bout against Brad Tavares. Tavares showed excellent take down defense against Antonio Carlos Junior and the one time the Tavares was taken down he sprang back to his feet quickly, but I believe the wrestling capability that Akhmedov will bring in this upcoming bout is at a higher level compared to what Antonio Carlos Junior presented against Tavares. In addition, Akhmedov stand up is serviceable but only when he mixes it with his takedowns. Now, there's mention of Akhmedov having gas tank issues which is true but when looking into the tape it seems that his gas tank really goes to hell when his opponent provides resistance back to him (3rd round of the Ian Heinisch bout and the Chris Weidman bout comes to mind). Tavares does not push any sort of pace on his opponent and mostly looks to score points with his striking (which is crisper than what Akhmedov is offering but nothing too concerning, as Akhmedov has face competent strikers in the past like Tom Breese and Zak Cummings). Overall, I think Akhmedov can snatch the first 2 rounds of this upcoming bout or the fight will be 1-1 going into the 3rd making Akhmedov a good underdog bet/Draftkings underdog play in my eyes.

Additional thoughts on this card at the link below:

Thewelshguy1998
Thewelshguy1998
  • Predictions:  604  |  58.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,054
  • Post Score: 242

07.07.2021 | 3:00 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 395 Points   |   Tied for 3435th

Lol imagine if omalley loses decision 😂
Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,252  |  64.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,242
  • Post Score: 137

07.07.2021 | 3:32 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 455 Points   |   Tied for 2748th

Griffin vs. Condit
Carlos Condit, TKO, R2
If carlos gets robbed again..he will probably just walk it off legend!

"Weasel Piss *********" Dan Hooker

depmode33
depmode33
  • Predictions:  248  |  57.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,383
  • Post Score: 183

07.07.2021 | 4:04 PM ET

Honestly feel that O'Malley is very overrated and shouldn't be favored this much against anyone.  The only time people should be favored this much is when they are champion or have mastery of all 3 facets of the game such as striking, wrestling and submission ability against a newcomer on top of that.  O'Malley has striking ability but he is not a wrestler nor is he special at BJJ.  He is lucky as hell that he isn't fighting Ricky Simon this weekend, he would have gotten ragdolled and submitted within 2 rounds.

* Edited at 07.07.2021, 4:08 PM ET *

HiDefff
HiDefff

07.07.2021 | 4:13 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 505 Points   |   Tied for 2125th

The only time the odds should be this high is Kayla Harrison and whatever Wendy's employee PFL finds her each month. 
DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,535
  • Post Score: 262

07.07.2021 | 4:14 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 585 Points   |   Tied for 971st

The thing with O’malley, it make you respect every other **** talker, say what you want about Colby but at lest he fights  Usman, Darren Till only fight ranked guy, same as Kevin Lee. All of Adesanya opponent have been ranked since his debut, Same as Conor , Even Julianna Pena talking **** about Nunes, She still fighting Nunes. I know it the game right now , talk **** to get hype. But it doesn’t work and is just lame when you say you knock out the champ in Yan, Talk **** about Cody who only fought killers. Then fight a guy who don’t belong in the UFC in you seventh fight, And got murded by the only guy who was decent and not Chiny in Chito .O’Malley is all flash and no substance. O’malley need to stop being a ***** and fight someone decent, Batamweight have atlest 30 good fighter who give Sean trouble. Sean fought non of them. Dude not 22. He 27. Dude in his prime. He ain’t gonna be **** fighting guys who don’t belong

* Edited at 07.07.2021, 4:17 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Erison
Erison
  • Predictions:  1,677  |  65.4%
  • Forum Posts:  4,896
  • Post Score: 227

07.07.2021 | 4:31 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 530 Points   |   Tied for 1670th

As much as O'Malley might seem overhyped, I almost never see people unironically overrating him. I just see people going too far the other way and acting like he's a fraud who can't fight.
Amettxpc
Amettxpc
  • Predictions:  12,761  |  73.4%
  • Forum Posts:  2,175
  • Post Score: 192

07.07.2021 | 4:55 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 440 Points   |   Tied for 2938th

Griffin vs. Condit
Carlos Condit, DEC
Griffin is coming off an impressive KO against Kenan Song where he showed that fights can also be ended quickly, Condit is coming off a 2 win streak after 5 losses in a row so much of his confidence can be restored. Condit is 37 years old but has a granite chin and an incredible striking arsenal, it may sound like a fanbase opinion but I think that if Condit comes out to press as usual he can take the fight in a very entertaining duel. For Griffin a good alternative would be to combine his striking with takedown attempts, but clearly Condit is not in the same danger of being taken down as when he fought Magny, Maia or Chiesa.

Price vs. Pereira
Michel Pereira, TKO, R2
Pereira is a show and he has shown that he truly fights to entertain the fans, but in his last fights he showed that he also knows how to take things seriously. Niko Price is a powerful striker who since his arrival in the UFC has had very exciting fights such as Alex Morono, Luque (x2), Geoff Neal and Means, in addition to having impressive KOs against Vick, Randy Brown and Alan Jouban. Pereira has already shown that he has a great chin against Khaos Williams and with one more victory against a fighter who presses like Niko Price, he would be one step away from fighting a Top 15.

Du Plessis vs. Giles
Dricus Du Plessis, SUB, R3
Du Plessis proved to be a very aggressive striker against Markus Perez, a fighter capable of taking advantage of any mistakes you make and finishing the fight. On his part, Giles is a fighter with good KO power, but who does not throw as much volume of strikes (his completions occur with a higher percentage in the final rounds due to his pharmacy to fight safely). Because of the fighting styles Giles probably threw a higher volume of strikes against DU Plessis compared to his past fights. I think it is perhaps the closest fight on the card (although there are several more that are also difficult to predict accurately), but I think Du Plessis can hurt Giles standing up and finish it with a Guillotine (something that Giles has already dealt with happened in the past) I think this fight along with Burns vs. Thompson is the best matchmaking job on the card and it would be interesting if the winner of this fight faced the winner of Tavares-Akhmedov.

Akhmedov vs. Tavares
Omari Akhmedov, DEC
Tavares is a fighter who has faced Elite fighters such as Yoel Romero, Robert Whittaker and the current champion Adesanya. In his last fight, Tavares managed to defend the takedowns of Antonio Carlos Junior but despite being a great grappler, the Brazilian has never had a very effective wrestling, he took as a reference his fights with Theodorou (who achieved 3 takedowns against Tavares) and Yoel Romero ( for his level of Olympic wrestling). Although Akhmedov does not have an Olympic wrestling level, I do consider that he surpasses Elias Theodorou and Jotko (former opponents of Tavares) in this regard. I think that Akhmedov can perfectly take advantage of his ground game against Brad Tavares, in the past he has managed to do it against striker with decent Takedown defense like Heinisch or Breese.

"Moicano Wants Money!"

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke
  • Predictions:  29,444  |  80.7%
  • Forum Posts:  4,545
  • Post Score: 236

07.07.2021 | 6:11 PM ET

@make dat money

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 570 Points   |   Tied for 1132nd

Make some picks before linking your YouTube or you’re no better than @mmafortuneteller

"Throughout my career I've learned that "If you win you're the ****, if you lose it's bad." - Bruno "Blindadao" Silva"

Dankmemes112
Dankmemes112
  • Predictions:  1,079  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  245
  • Post Score: 294

07.07.2021 | 7:04 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 10 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 610 Points   |   Tied for 707th

O'Malley vs. Moutinho
Sean O'Malley, TKO, R1
This one should be easy for O'Malley. Moutinho is actually a fun fighter and he comes to scrap but Sean is gonna be to much, Moutinho just won't be able to find him at all and he just leaves too many openings. O'Malley will create the openings perfectly and get a highlight reel KO

agripp
agripp
  • Predictions:  176  |  59.1%
  • Forum Posts:  53
  • Post Score: 249

07.07.2021 | 8:06 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 595 Points   |   Tied for 856th

Poirier vs. McGregor III
Conor McGregor, TKO, R1
im going with conor mcgregor why are people picking dustin poirier

Burns vs. Thompson
Gilbert Burns, DEC
i dont seeing stephen thompson getting tilte shot also colby covington is not next

Tuivasa vs. Hardy
Tai Tuivasa, TKO, R2
i like greg hardy but im going wiith tai tuivasa

Aldana vs. Kunitskaya
Irene Aldana, DEC
irene aldana is going to beat her i dont seeing yana kunitskaya getting her to to the ground

O'Malley vs. Moutinho
Sean O'Malley, TKO, R1
free ko win

Griffin vs. Condit
Carlos Condit, DEC
im going with carlos condit i like max griffin

Price vs. Pereira
Michel Pereira, TKO, R1
michel is going to win everybody loves nico price

Hall vs. Topuria
Ilia Topuria, TKO, R1
topuria is going to bash ryan hall

Du Plessis vs. Giles
Trevin Giles, TKO, R2
giles will beat that dude

Maia vs. Eye
Jennifer Maia, SUB, R2
jessica eye is going to cut by ufc with a 3rd loss

Akhmedov vs. Tavares
Brad Tavares, DEC
im going with brad tavares i like omari akhmedov

Zhumagulov vs. Rivera
Zhalgas Zhumagulov, TKO, R1
jerome rivera is terrible

Amedovski vs. Hu
Alen Amedovski, TKO, R1
which of these fighters are gonna get cut by ufc im going with alen amedovski

Tap867
Tap867
  • Predictions:  3,133  |  63.6%
  • Forum Posts:  560
  • Post Score: 211

07.07.2021 | 9:01 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 595 Points   |   Tied for 856th

Amedovski vs. Hu
Yaozong Hu, TKO, R2
Yeeeesh. What a mystery. I have no clue who wins this. Anyone who gets this one. Congrats. Leaning Hu simply of upside going late. He can at least pull a decision if Alen doesn't make any improvements, but I also think Alen's disregard of defense could get a finish.

"Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but nobody wants to lift no heavy-ass weights. - Ronnie Coleman"

MrXRay
MrXRay
  • Predictions:  525  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  321
  • Post Score: 243

07.07.2021 | 10:50 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 505 Points   |   Tied for 2022nd

If Kris beats O’Malley, I am officially converting to Christianity because karma exists and there is a God.

"This is my crown: (L)"

TABARNAKK
TABARNAKK
  • Predictions:  278  |  59.4%
  • Forum Posts:  509
  • Post Score: -66

07.07.2021 | 11:40 PM ET

THE KING IS BACK

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 405 Points   |   Tied for 3301st

AND I WANT TO TAKE THIS TIME TO APOLOGIZE…….

TO ABSOLUTELY NOBODY 😂😂😂😂😂 ESPECIALLY YOU MR X CAY
This user is suspended from posting until 8 months, 1 week, 6 days, 4 hours, and 48 minutes from now.
TABARNAKK
TABARNAKK

07.07.2021 | 11:40 PM ET

MCGREGOR

BY TKO 🐸🐸🐸
This user is suspended from posting until 8 months, 1 week, 6 days, 4 hours, and 48 minutes from now.
TABARNAKK
TABARNAKK

07.08.2021 | 12:43 AM ET

awwwwww

how cute people with their downvotes ! PLEASE GIVE ME MORE DOWNVOTES 😂😂😂 LETS GOO
Oogy
Oogy
  • Predictions:  232  |  65.5%
  • Forum Posts:  8
  • Post Score: -75

07.08.2021 | 2:25 AM ET

Follow me for more predictions

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 580 Points   |   Tied for 1013th

Mcnuggets vs Poirier
Poirier by 3rd TKO

Wonder boy vs burns
wonder boy's striking is whole another level and wins by decision

sugar o malley vs kris

sugar by KO, absolutely fighting cans to become a star? doesn't even make sense, we're gonna see when sugar turns into salt when he fights top 15 or top 10, Umar nurmagomedov is still unraked and trust me umar will slap him with his legs.

Mchel periera vs niko

michel by Ko 2nd round

"KHAMZAT CHIMAEV" will be double champ holding 170lb and 185lb belts...

Theeraser
Theeraser
  • Predictions:  2,240  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,057
  • Post Score: 144

07.08.2021 | 3:56 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 2 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 140 Points   |   Tied for 4596th

O'Malley vs. Moutinho
Sean O'Malley, TKO, R1
Suga show baby

Du Plessis vs. Giles
Trevin Giles, TKO, R3
People are pretty high on Driscus but I think Giles could knock him out by the third

Maia vs. Eye
Jennifer Maia, DEC
In my opinion Maia didn’t look bad against shevchenko

Akhmedov vs. Tavares
Omari Akhmedov, DEC
Omari should be able to work the clinch and execute some Takedowns for a UD

Zhumagulov vs. Rivera
Zhalgas Zhumagulov, DEC
I feel like Zhalgas will finally get his first UFC win here

Amedovski vs. Hu
Yaozong Hu, TKO, R2
Alen doesn’t like to put his hands up and Hu is dropping all the way from HW so he should have some power

"Too much wine "

Page 23

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : Bill Haney gifts Ryan Garcia ‘Psychology for Dummies’ book
  • MMA Junkie : Brennan Ward nostalgic for Bellator, but ready to wreak havoc in $1 million PFL season
  • Middle Easy : Video – Drunk ‘Karen’ Tries to Pick a Fight with UFC Flyweight Star Maycee Barber
  • Middle Easy : UFC’s Bo Nickal Claps Back At Khamzat Chimaev, Vows To ‘Rag Doll’ Undefeated Star In Future Fight
  • Middle Easy : Jiri Prochazka Declines Jamahal Hill’s Challenge: ‘I’d Like to Fight for the Title’
  • Middle Easy : Jiri Prochazka Declines Jamahal Hill’s Challenge : ‘I’d Like to Fight for the Title’
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping explains why Sean Strickland has 'significant advantage' vs. Paulo Costa at UFC 302
  • MMAFighting.com : Haney vs. Garcia press conference video live now
  • Middle Easy : T.J. Dillashaw Confident Jon Jones Would ‘Easily’ Outwrestle Alex Pereira in Potential Heavyweight Clash
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! Haney Vs Garcia Press Conference Video!
  • MMA Junkie : Robert Whittaker: Bo Nickal has 'some work to do' before he's ready for top-10 fights
  • UFC.com : UFC UNFILTERED | Arman Tsarukyan & Renato Moicano Talk Wins At UFC 300
  • Middle Easy : UFC 300: Robert Whittaker Reveals Key Factors That Led To Jamahal Hill’s KO Loss vs. Alex Pereira
  • MMA Mania : Ilia Ultimatum: Defend ‘BMF’ Belt Or I Rematch Volks!
  • UFC.com : UFC Performance Institute In Mexico City Celebrates Inaugural Academy Combine
  • UFC.com : Where We Stand: Lightweight Division | April 2024
  • MMA Junkie : Arman Tsarukyan says UFC 300 judge apologized for scoring fight in Charles Oliveira's favor
  • UFC.com : Cam Smotherman’s Revenge Tour | UFC Fight Pass
  • MMAFighting.com : Jiri Prochazka wants Alex Pereira rematch as soon as possible, knows eating punches ‘will not work’
  • MMA Junkie : Robert Whittaker vs. Khamzat Chimaev: Odds and what to know ahead of UFC on ABC 6 headliner