Topic: UFC 264

UFC 264: Poirier vs. McGregor 3

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,009
  • Post Score: 47

03.23.2021 | 9:12 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC 264
  • Saturday 07.10.2021 at 10:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: ESPN
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: T-Mobile Arena
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Joe Rogan, Daniel Cormier
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Joe Rogan
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $15,759,800
  • Attendance: 20,062
  • PPV Buys / Buyrate: 1,504,737 | TV Ratings: 1.6M avg. viewers (ESPN prelims)
  • MMA Bouts: 12
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Dustin Poirier   defeats   Conor McGregor   via KO/TKO, Doctor Stoppage (broken Ankle)   5:00 Round 1 of 5 Bout Page
Gilbert Burns   defeats   Stephen Thompson   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Tai Tuivasa   defeats   Greg Hardy   via KO/TKO, Counter Hook to Ground and Pound   1:07 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Irene Aldana   defeats   Yana Santos   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   4:35 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Sean O'Malley   defeats   Kris Moutinho   via KO/TKO, Punches (standing TKO)   4:33 Round 3 of 3, 14:33 Total Bout Page
Max Griffin   defeats   Carlos Condit   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Michel Pereira   defeats   Niko Price   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Ilia Topuria   defeats   Ryan Hall   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   4:47 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Dricus Du Plessis   defeats   Trevin Giles   via KO/TKO, Right Cross to Ground and Pound   1:41 Round 2 of 3, 6:41 Total Bout Page
Jennifer Maia   defeats   Jessica Eye   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Brad Tavares   defeats   Omari Akhmedov   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Zhalgas Zhumagulov   defeats   Jerome Rivera   via Submission, Standing Guillotine Choke   2:02 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page

Responses Page 17

njrp77
njrp77
  • Predictions:  3,883  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  471
  • Post Score: 200

07.03.2021 | 8:36 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 595 Points   |   Tied for 920th

up nearly 8k on the year.. ðŸ˜Ž
shanehanke
shanehanke
  • Predictions:  12,909  |  59.5%
  • Forum Posts:  138
  • Post Score: 91

07.03.2021 | 9:59 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 495 Points   |   Tied for 2185th

Poirier vs. McGregor III
Dustin Poirier, TKO, R4
I dont see this result being any other way. Dustin is not Diaz 2 and will finish poor Mac.

Burns vs. Thompson
Stephen Thompson, DEC
Thompson to skilled on feet.

Tuivasa vs. Hardy
Greg Hardy, DEC
Ugly matchup and boring outcome.

"My Love for MMA.....Is a Noble Madness."

VicVinegar
VicVinegar
  • Predictions:  1,786  |  62.3%
  • Forum Posts:  96
  • Post Score: 252

07.03.2021 | 10:10 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 445 Points   |   Tied for 2878th

Griffin vs. Condit
Carlos Condit, DEC
A couple of time tested veterans going at it in this one. I see this as a close fight. Griffin's path to victory seems to be taking down Condit and accumulating control time and landing GnP while for Condit it would be to make this a distance striking match and pick apart Griffin from the outside. Condit's TD defense is turrible to say the least, its 35% and he has successfully defended only 36 of 86 TD attempts against him but he is very active off his back with elbows, hammerfists, sweep and submission attempts but sometimes he doesnt show the urgency he needs to get back up after he's taken down. I like the Condit by decision line here at +290, there is a lot of meat on that bone. If Griffin were to beat Condit it would probably be his best victory to date while Condit has beaten several fighters of Griffins caliber. I think the value is on Condit here and I'm picking him to win a close decision. In depth analysis of the stats included in the video.

"I fell in love with the box" Renato Moicano

depmode33
depmode33
  • Predictions:  248  |  57.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,383
  • Post Score: 183

07.03.2021 | 10:49 PM ET

Topuria vs. Hall
Ilia Topura, DEC
I love Ryan Hall, I've been following him since his TUF days.  His BJJ is world class and I like his personality but Ilia Topuria is by far the toughest opponent he has ever faced in his career.  I understand that Ryan beat Lobov, Maynard, Penn and Elkins but all 4 of those fighters were on major losing streaks when Ryan fought them.  

Ilia Topuria just starched Damon Jackson 6 months ago who is a BJJ heavy guy much like Ryan is.  Now, I'm not sure Ryan gets knocked out in the first round but I do think Ilia Topuria has this fight.  Ilia is also young and hungry at the age of 24 while Ryan is at the age of 36.  

* Edited at 07.03.2021, 10:55 PM ET *

Azza99LFC
Azza99LFC
  • Predictions:  879  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  2
  • Post Score: 100

07.04.2021 | 12:01 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 605 Points   |   Tied for 763rd

McGregor Round 1 KO
Gonna make it look easy, will press the action instead of taking pictures.
Teep kick to the knee and body crucial in this for McGregor.
DCpredictions
DCpredictions
  • Predictions:  1,644  |  59.4%
  • Forum Posts:  842
  • Post Score: 141

07.04.2021 | 12:30 AM ET

Predictions: 5 of 12 Winners, 0 Perfect, 265 Points   |   Tied for 4277th

Betting is gambling straight up. You can try to predict all you can but the history of the fighters doesn't always go with the slight randomness of what will happen in a fight. I've been decently profitable with it but I have a lot of losing nights. You're way better off putting your money into some kinda stocks, especially undervalued stocks that you see a future for. I'm in a discord group or "handicappers" that constantly over time lose money and then spam the chat with excuses. 
Erison
Erison
  • Predictions:  1,678  |  65.4%
  • Forum Posts:  4,896
  • Post Score: 227

07.04.2021 | 4:28 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 530 Points   |   Tied for 1670th

I was hesitant at first but I’ve grown to love that gambling has kinda forced me to use Bitcoin. Some days I’ll go to deposit some to my sports book and see that the price of Bitcoin is up so much I’m better off just not even making a bet. 
Rusty101
Rusty101
  • Predictions:  177  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  26
  • Post Score: 192

07.04.2021 | 5:19 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 465 Points   |   Tied for 2644th

Thanks genius for your betting advice. Didn't know we needed it until you decided to tell us how it all works. Very grateful. Sorry you have lost so much money with your weak ass bets.
FeedingABusCarrots
FeedingABusCarrots
  • Predictions:  2,874  |  77.9%
  • Forum Posts:  835
  • Post Score: 235

07.04.2021 | 6:14 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 430 Points   |   Tied for 3019th

why are all these dudes speaking in italic
edit: ***

* Edited at 07.04.2021, 6:15 AM ET *

"Undefeated and undisputed in the pick game"

jackbirksONE
jackbirksONE
  • Predictions:  2,299  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  3
  • Post Score: 367

07.04.2021 | 11:53 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 460 Points   |   Tied for 2712th

Poirier vs. McGregor III
Dustin Poirier, TKO, R4
Never confident picking against Conor but I slightly lean Dustin here.

jackbirksONE
jackbirksONE
  • Predictions:  2,299  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  3
  • Post Score: 367

07.04.2021 | 12:19 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 460 Points   |   Tied for 2712th

Burns vs. Thompson
Stephen Thompson, DEC
Wonderboy decision seems to be a lock here imo, obviously hes the better striker and I feel like hes defensively sound enough to avoid Gilberts power for the full 15 minutes. If Gilbert is able to land big on him early like he did against Tyron, Kamaru, and Demian then he could do some significant damage but I feel like Wonderboy has the durability to gut it out. If it goes to the ground then Gilbert will maul him, but I'm not confident in his ability to take wonderboy down and keep him there for prolongued periods in the fight,

Tuivasa vs. Hardy
Greg Hardy, DEC
Meme HW fight, don't really care much tbh. Tai has looked marginally better since moving to AKA but still sucks, whereas Greg (lol, Greg) is just really bad. Despite this I'm gonna take Hardy by decision because I have no faith in Tai to do anything.

Aldana vs. Kunitskaya
Yana Kunitskaya, DEC
Was kinda high on Aldana after the Vieira fight but she looked awful against Holm and the intrigue kinda died in my eyes. I still think shes a competent striker however, but she has a loss to Kaitlyn Chookagian, and for this reason I am going to pick Yana to win. Also womens fight, so decision.

O'Malley vs. Moutinho
Sean O'Malley, TKO, R1
I don't know much about Kris and hes probably a really nice person, but due to the way UFC books fights I am inclined to be he is a terrible fight and probably disabled physically. Sean round 1 KO, although an upset would be hilarious.

Griffin vs. Condit
Carlos Condit, DEC
Ever since the injury in 2019 Condit seems to be not as washed somehow, after beating Matt Brown and a dude named Court, but them 2 guys have a combined age of 76, so its not as impressive as it originally seemed. On the other hand Max Griffin sucks and got knocked out by Colby Covington, which I didn't know was possible, so I think Condits gonna squeak a W in a split decision or some other bs.

Price vs. Pereira
Michel Pereira, TKO, R2
Fun fight, fully expect Michel to style on him but hes also very inconsistent so I am not confident. Niko is also the king of winning from positions where he shouldn't win, which makes him hard to predict again. But I'm going to go with my gut and go with Michel to take this one, gonna take a 2nd round ko as well, just because.

Du Plessis vs. Giles
Trevin Giles, TKO, R3
Not dead sure why Dricus is the favourite in the tapology community, much less proven at this level and lost like 2 fights ago in KSW. Taking Trevin by 3rd round KO in this one.

Hall vs. Topuria
Ilia Topuria, TKO, R2
F's in chat for Ryan. Honestly don't expect him to have any significant offense, what so ever. Ilia is a much better striker, has the defensive grappling to avoid what Ryan is known for, has a much better physique, and his name is also a lot cooler than Ryan. Gonna take Ilia via 2nd round KO, think a submission is a possibility if Ryan is hurt, but would rather Ilia just doesn't even attempt that stuff tbh.

Maia vs. Eye
Jennifer Maia, DEC
Bad fight, hopefully Eye loses then gets cut.

Akhmedov vs. Tavares
Brad Tavares, DEC
Tavares pretty good when hes not facing really good guys, expect him to beat Omari pretty handily, expect a 30-27 on all 3 scorecards.

Zhumagulov vs. Rivera
Zhalgas Zhumagulov, TKO, R1
Zhalgas goat tbh, first round KO.

Amedovski vs. Hu
Yaozong Hu, TKO, R1
China man vs North Macedonia man, don't care, gonna take Macedonia man because his name is actually sounds like a real name, unlike Hu.

Search
Search
  • Predictions:  107  |  55.1%
  • Forum Posts:  100
  • Post Score: 48

07.04.2021 | 5:15 PM ET

@jackbirksONE

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 430 Points   |   Tied for 3110th

Hi Al Iaquinta how are you? Glad to see you on the forum. Why did you decide to make a prediction?
Erison
Erison

07.04.2021 | 5:20 PM ET

Feels like every other day the whole website turns Italics for me. I kinda dig it.
Erison
Erison

07.04.2021 | 5:26 PM ET

Every fight thread we ALMOST talk about the fact that half the people that post on here are just mad for no reason all the time. We almost talk about weird aggro people picking fights and disliking every comment.

What's the motivation there? Who are you actually mad at? Why? What are you working through by coming here and interacting with people you don't like? Rusty101 up there made his profile a month ago, and with his second forum post was basically like "You people are ******* dumb." It's like when people make a Yelp account just to leave a bad review of the restaurant they're still sitting in. But without the restaurant part of the analogy. 

Especially weird when it's like two weeks out from a fight card. It's a Tuesday of a non-fight week, why are you mad on an MMA forum Brian?

* Edited at 07.04.2021, 9:38 PM ET *

PlusmoneyGod
PlusmoneyGod
  • Predictions:  576  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  764
  • Post Score: -48

07.04.2021 | 5:43 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 340 Points   |   Tied for 3888th

Wonderboy is too defensively sound for who?? Geoff Neal? hahaha. Burns is gonna have to teach you a lesson. This fight will not go to a decision either way. Both fighters have chins that can be cracked

"You people need a bad guy like me.... say good night to the bad guy ~Scarface "

hlgh
hlgh
  • Predictions:  1,764  |  60.5%
  • Forum Posts:  175
  • Post Score: 201

07.04.2021 | 5:46 PM ET

Face the pain video

That was so sick! Takes me back for sure...Good times.

6 more days ladies and gents! 

"Youtube capper splits sheets avaliable in Twitter bio."

DCpredictions
DCpredictions

07.04.2021 | 5:47 PM ET

@erison they just need to vent. It didn't really have anything to do with the fights. 
Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,149  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,142
  • Post Score: 333

07.04.2021 | 6:26 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 465 Points   |   Tied for 2619th

Yeah. It's the same for working with miserable people @erison.  They ugly, have no money, wife hates them and is fat, kids hate them and are little *******s. So basically they are miserable ****s all day and treat other people like **** because their life is a big burning dumpster fire. Generally happy people like myself have actually fulfilling lives and we're successful and able to live out our dreams. A hot wife does help too. 

So in summary. They mad at themselves. 

* Edited at 07.04.2021, 6:26 PM ET *

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

DCpredictions
DCpredictions

07.04.2021 | 6:40 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Hall vs. Topuria
Ryan Hall, SUB, R2
"when it comes to jiu jitsu, people don't think it be like it be, but it do"

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,304  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,311
  • Post Score: 285

07.04.2021 | 8:36 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Poirier vs. McGregor III
Dustin Poirier, TKO, R3
I'd imagine that it will be a similar type of fight as last time, just with some slight improvements from Conor McGregor so it might last a bit longer. I still think that cardio will be an issue for McGregor and Dustin Poirier is clinical enough to take advantage of it if (or more likely when) McGregor starts to slow down.

Aldana vs. Kunitskaya
Yana Kunitskaya, DEC
I've got a feeling that Yana Kunitskaya is a live dog here.

O'Malley vs. Moutinho
Sean O'Malley, TKO, R2
I'll admit that I'm biased against Sean O'Malley because of his persona but I genuinely do not rate him as a fighter at all so even though this is a set up, I think this will be a set up that O'Malley will struggle to finish inside a round. I've no doubt that Kris Mountinho will be giving it his all so I'm gonna say that he at least makes it to the 2nd round.

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

Page 17

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Trial Date Set for Former UFC Heavyweight Champion Cain Velasquez in Attempted Murder Case
  • Jits Magazine : PGF World Season 6: Day 3 Recap
  • MMAFighting.com : Shaq: Vitor Belfort knocked out person ‘talking crazy’ at bar
  • UFC.com : UFC UNFILTERED | Ariane Lipski, Austin Hubbard, UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez picks
  • MMA Junkie : Montana De La Rosa, Andrea Lee booked for UFC rematch in Louisville
  • MMA Mania : Cannonier Vs Imamov Headlines UFC Louisville
  • MMA Junkie : UFC's Tim Means doesn't expect to fight for long: 'I turned 40, I know my time is coming'
  • Bad Left Hook : Cieslak vs Chamberlain joins Billam-Smith vs Riakporhe 2 on June 15
  • Bad Left Hook : Michal Cieslak vs Isaac Chamberlain joins Billam-Smith vs Riakporhe 2 on June 15
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! BKFC ‘KnuckleMania 4’ Press Conference Video!
  • UFC.com : UFC Returns To Louisville For UFC Fight Night On June 8 At KFC Yum! Center
  • MMA Junkie : Tatiana Suarez campaigns for title shot vs. Zhang Weili at UFC 306: 'I get a submission 100 percent'
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302: Makhachev vs. Poirier adds key prospect bout
  • UFC.com : Gabriel Benitez: Still flying the flag
  • MMA Mania : A Special Message For Chinless Scumbags
  • UFC.com : Rhythm Is Gonna Get You: Why Timing Is Everything For Matheus Nicolau
  • MMA Junkie : Tatsuro Taira fills UFC 302 opening, fights Joshua Van
  • MMAFighting.com : Ronda Rousey blasts Joe Rogan, MMA media for turning on her: ‘They’re a bunch of assh*les’
  • Jits Magazine : BJJ Stars 12 Full Preview
  • MMA Junkie : Mike Malott books UFC return after upset loss to Neil Magny