Tapology Forums

Khabib = Donkey not goat

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

HicksTM
HicksTM
  • Predictions:  2,019  |  65.9%
  • Forum Posts:  6
  • Post Score: 317

03.22.2021 | 10:09 AM ET

Dude only fought 3 top 5 guys. It blows my mind some consider him the goat. Guys like Jones have more title defences then he has actul UFC fights. He also won the vacant belt from raging Al hahaha. I dont even consider him top 10 of all time. Thoughts?

"Go Sens Go"

Responses

Drmaxis2
Drmaxis2
  • Predictions:  2,823  |  71.0%
  • Forum Posts:  558
  • Post Score: 478

03.22.2021 | 10:30 AM ET

He probs squeezes into a top 10, but he's not insanely high (probs like 8 or 9). The Poirier win ages like fine wine though. We'll see how his other opponents like Gooby and Gaethje look to see if these guys are really as impressive as some currently think they are. We need to remember that Gooby is 1-2 at LW and faced a great stylistic match up in his title winning performance. Gaethje I've never been super impressed with beyond being fun to watch and having power, even the Ferguson win which made people consider him especially great I tend to not rate super highly because Fergy was literally fighting the opposite style match up than he'd been training for for like an entire cumulative year in Khabibi. Khabib shoulda went up to 170 or actually fought to an even 30-0 against somebody undeniable like GSP or Usman if he was to be considered an all-time GOAT (or at least in the top 5) IMO. 

"What a Grand and Intoxicating Profile"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• PFL 3 Tapology coverage is now live
  • Brendan Loughnane vs. Pedro Carvalho - The fighters are making their walk-outs.
  • Join the PFL 3 live discussion
  • Tapology Picks: Brendan Loughnane 97% Pedro Carvalho 3%
  • Brendan Loughnane (27-5-0) England, GB is the #34th Top Featherweight MMA fighter.
  • Pedro "The Game" Carvalho (13-8-0) Dublin, IE is the #101st Top Featherweight MMA fighter.
  • PFL 3 features 12 MMA bouts
  • The event takes place from Wintrust Arena in Chicago, Illinois